New Manager Thread

Yorkshire Saint

Who should replace Ronald Koeman?  

745 members have voted

1. 1. Who should replace Ronald Koeman?

So we have Rudi who seems to tick all the boxes, but then there was the post saying he has no plan B when things go wrong. We have Puel who seems the outsider due to defensive tendencies and appearing an average option, and then we have FDB, desperate to prove himself in Premier league. Went for FDB at the very start and going to stick I think!

Well summed up. On balance I agree with your conclusion.

I think you'll find kbss names no-one, he just confirms if others name names.

Think that's very telling, don't you?

Almost as if he been told. 'You can't present the name, but you can verify them'.

And that is how mystery men are created.

Don't know why you feel you need to get your g string in a twist about it.

I think you'll find here is KBS naming names.

Sorry meant Fdb. club don't want either and Moyes no chance. Unai, Howe, Pelligrini and another at top of list. Vitor also mentioned.

There are other posts including him naming the names of five first teamers he thinks are on the list to go. One of them has now gone.

Think that's very telling, don't you?

Why did this chap need to be a mystery man?

Sounds very average to me

Garcia for me.

Puel is certainly not average, excellent manager really. His biggest problem is that he just can't compromise or accept any crap. He's also the bloke who drove Tigana out of Monaco because he wanted his job..which he duly got. Puel is like that, you do it his way or not at all. Doubt that he'd be a Les Reed type of manager really.

Edited by Window Cleaner

Puel is certainly not average, excellent manager really. His biggest problem is that he just can't compromise or accept any crap. He's also the bloke who drove Tigana out of Monaco because he wanted his job..which he duly got. Puel is like that, you do it his way or not at all. Doubt that he'd be a Les Reed type of manager really.

Be honest. How would he rate against Koeman and pochettino?

What has been his style of football?

http://www.getfootballnewsfrance.com/2016/ogc-nice-the-alternative-football-success-story/

This is a good read on Claude Puel. I still think I would have Rudi Garcia as my favourite but I would be happy with any of the three candidates mentioned.

Nice to Southampton, bet his wife would look forward to that. There must be a limit to how loudly money talks?

Puel sounds the ticket, a combo of our previous 2 managers. Pressing style, attractive counterattacking football, with a slightly more defensive 3-5-2 formation that our players have got sussed from under Koeman brothers. Sounds like the natural choice but... why would he move from Nice to Saints, it looks like our clubs are very similar in structure and their positions in their respective leagues. Will take some serious 'ambition' (lots of dosh) to pry him away.

Puel sounds the ticket, a combo of our previous 2 managers. Pressing style, attractive counterattacking football, with a slightly more defensive 3-5-2 formation that our players have got sussed from under Koeman brothers. Sounds like the natural choice but... why would he move from Nice to Saints, it looks like our clubs are very similar in structure and their positions in their respective leagues. Will take some serious 'ambition' (lots of dosh) to pry him away.

He left Nice a few weeks ago (24th May)...

(purely coincidental that this is around the same time that Koeman started rattling cages of course... :) )