New Manager Thread

Yorkshire Saint

Who should replace Ronald Koeman?  

745 members have voted

1. 1. Who should replace Ronald Koeman?

Trying to not get too excited but this random frenchman just posted this on twitter, yes I know but this dude seems legit.

galluzzi olivier ‏@oligal06 28m28 minutes ago

Claude Puel dans un vol Nice-Londres ce matin , signature imminente en Première League ?? @infosportplus @lequipe21 @beinsports_FR

Trying to not get too excited but this random frenchman just posted this on twitter, yes I know but this dude seems legit.

Claude Puel dans un vol Nice-Londres ce matin , signature imminente en Première League ?? @infosportplus @lequipe21 @beinsports_FR

Good find!

Would make the £20 I stuck on at 14-1 this morning very nice indeed!

Catching a plane to London isnt quite the same as becoming Saints manager. I'd prefer FdB or Garcia, or Pellegrini, or Moyes.

He could be the French version of @timdewit who was 1st with the Koeman to Everton news.

Even if that is true and if he has come to London to meet Saints, its still a leap to think that means he has the job. It could be for another round of interviews, if we still have multiple candidates. This is a job with a multi-million pound salary, the recruitment process will be very thorough.

Saints management seem to be going about this in a thorough way again. None of this going for big names or the chairman's mate. It will be interesting to watch how Mourinho gets on at Man U. Doesn't on the face of it seem a natural fit. Someone like MP would have fitted better.

I think that we will be pleasantly surprised who we get, whether it is Puel or Garcia or someone else

This thread has taken exactly the turn I hoped.

Moved from just listing out of work ex premier league managers who wouldn't even turn on the saints fan whose only expectation is staying up from relegation (moyes) to suggesting little known, continental types with a knack for attacking football and tracked for years by the saints board to guarantee they are a good breed.

I'm excited.

I struggled to follow this article.

The first part appears to be singularly nasty against the club. Standard Ashton fayre.

But he then takes an almighty swipe at Koeman and Everton.

I guess he was just on the blob yesterday...