New Manager Thread

Yorkshire Saint

Who should replace Ronald Koeman?  

745 members have voted

1. 1. Who should replace Ronald Koeman?

Fairly unknown French Manager? Hubert Fournier? Lyon have a famous youth academy and he played a ton of kids. Finished 2nd in Ligue 1.

Whatever you do, DO NOT google Fournier and go the images. I REPEAT, do NOT do an image search of Fournier.

You have been warned.

If you were an egotistical director of football at Saints, you wouldn't half want to show the world that it was you, the board, management and the backroom staff that were more important than RK to the success in the last two seasons. You could make that point perfectly by appointing the manager who had failed at Everton and then still be in the top 6 in the table come next May. Of course that would require Martinez and the team to be successful...

or have we gone beyond the point of being able to suggest managers now?

If you were an egotistical director of football at Saints, you wouldn't half want to show the world that it was you, the board, management and the backroom staff that were more important than RK to the success in the last two seasons. You could make that point perfectly by appointing the manager who had failed at Everton and then still be in the top 6 in the table come next May. Of course that would require Martinez and the team to be successful...

or have we gone beyond the point of being able to suggest managers now?

But we would have to endure endless ribbing from the Everton fans even if he is capable of doing a good job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why the mystery?

I can only think of 3 reasons

He's in a job, so we're basically tapping him up.

He's not in a job , but don't want to alert other clubs that he's available. If this is the case , he must have a pretty poor agent , or is so bad that none of the clubs looking for managers thought of him . I can't believe at his unveiling other clubs are going to be like " oh shiete why didn't we think of him" .

He doesn't exist

Just like the Urban Spaceman

(you have to be of a certain age)

But we would have to endure endless ribbing from the Everton fans even if he is capable of doing a good job.

In the short term maybe, but if he is successful (and RK isn't) doesn't that just show who is the better club? No excuses. I am not saying it is a possibility or I want him. Just putting it out there as none of candidates mentioned grab me much so much so that I still want to push Gary Rowett's name even though he's probably not quite ready for it.

Edited by Chez

:mcinnes:

I did wonder about Martinez. Have always liked him but Everton fan mate says he played very defensive football. Are you itk?

:mcinnes::mcinnes::mcinnes:Martinez!!!! jeez now that would be a disaster and the Toffees would laugh at that

:mcinnes: :mcinnes::mcinnes::mcinnes:Martinez!!!! jeez now that would be a disaster and the Toffees would laugh at that

Perhaps the players we have here and how Martinez wants to work and play the game may be the perfect fit. Maybe not.

BY the way, beat them and finish above them and who the **** is laughing now?

I did wonder about Martinez. Have always liked him but Everton fan mate says he played very defensive football. Are you itk?

He played defensive football but with a sh*t defence.

Not a recipe for success.

What about Christophe Galtier at the eternal youth production facility known as Saint Etienne.

He has been in the press recently talking about looking for a new challenge ?

"Christophe Galtier has kept Saint-Etienne in the upper echelons of Ligue 1, breathing down the necks of the financially buoyed Paris Saint-Germain and Monaco despite having a fraction of their budgets. He's made astute signings since his became the club's manager, picking up bargain buys and making them look like €10-15 million players."

Sounds decent, non ?

What about Christophe Galtier at the eternal youth production facility known as Saint Etienne.

"Christophe Galtier has kept Saint-Etienne in the upper echelons of Ligue 1, breathing down the necks of the financially buoyed Paris Saint-Germain and Monaco despite having a fraction of their budgets. He's made astute signings since his became the club's manager, picking up bargain buys and making them look like €10-15 million players."

Sounds decent, non ?

Also he was at that lot down the road with reggie Perrin - just saying like. [emoji6]

Koeman rumoured to be after kevin Strootman of Roma.

Could it be a player Saints would of wanted if we bring in Garcia?

Which players of Roma could do a job for Saints as they have many good players in their squad.

Strootman's a good player but doubt we'd risk the outlay considering he's played 11 league games in the past 2 years

Sorry, just catching up. Why would any of those obscure mystery french men need to be a mystery?

If it is the manager of Le Harve or whatever who gives a sh it? The papers? The club involved? (KBS named Eddie Howe so can't be that) Other clubs? (just fantasy that we would get someone no other club has thought of).

Therefore it can only be Didier Deschamps because he's the only one where there would be genuine good reason for him to be a mystery. And I don't think it's him.

Plain odd, I'm afraid.

Therefore it can only be Didier Deschamps because he's the only one where there would be genuine good reason for him to be a mystery. And I don't think it's him.

Plain odd, I'm afraid.

Any reason why you don't think it is him?

I imagine he knows pretty much every French player worth knowing...

Supposedly the luckiest manager in the world, which is a handy trait to have.

Sorry, just catching up. Why would any of those obscure mystery french men need to be a mystery?

If it is the manager of Le Harve or whatever who gives a sh it? The papers? The club involved? (KBS named Eddie Howe so can't be that) Other clubs? (just fantasy that we would get someone no other club has thought of).

Plain odd, I'm afraid.

The manager of Le Havre is Bob Bradley, who's American, so it definitely isn't him ;)

Doesn't his contract finish at the end of the euros

Sounds decent, non ?

Like the sound of him St-Etienne have seriously punched above their weight in recent years and buy good players. Been there for 7 years as well so might like and stay for "a 5 year project"

People say if he goes to Arsenal in 2018 they'll be happy, I'd be happy as it meant we'd done really well but would rather be successful and have a manager for at least 3 years preferably more.

Think Strachan has been the longest serving manager we've had this millennium.

Plain odd, I'm afraid.

Agree.

KBS has sent me a PM and it is Deschamps. Mystery over.

Claude Puel? Left Nice in May.

He was manager at Lille before Rudi Garcia. Garcia was more successful and also more expansive. That said his last season at Nice has been really good. His replacement at Nice, Lucien Favre would have been an interesting shout