New Manager Thread

Yorkshire Saint

Who should replace Ronald Koeman?  

745 members have voted

1. 1. Who should replace Ronald Koeman?

Is it a long 'short' list?

For interest:

Les Reed (in an old interview) said that after Pochettino left, there were over 40 applications for the managers job....and the list included some "very impressive" names.

(RK was top of their list and in the end it seemed like a no-brainer).

Interesting. I would imagine Howe is fairly high up but seemingly not interested in the move.

Which from our original few leaves...? Emery (going to PSG), Flores (gone to Espanyol), Pereira.........?

Or someone to bolt out of left-field. Hmm...

MOYES?!

giphy.gif

Interesting. I would imagine Howe is fairly high up but seemingly not interested in the move.

Which from our original few leaves...? Emery (going to PSG), Flores (gone to Espanyol), Pereira.........?

If we really rate Howe as highly as has been made out then I doubt we would just leave it at that. Like Everton didn't with RK.

Going to be really interesting to see who we go for! I think we have a very specific set of criteria that the mainstream media will gloss over when linking us with people, so most of the Mirror/Star clickbait stories will be rubbish.

bit of a strange comment. Is this a disguised hint, or should we consult Sherlock Holmes ?

I suppose the most important question is are the club working on their #1 target, really?

If they are, I'm cool with that decision.

I saw the Juventus manager linked somewhere, not that is even a close possibility of ever happening. Just thought I'd throw that name out there for a laugh.

Forget about AVB and RDB both are way down the shortlist.

Interesting, does this suggest the short list includes targets most fans thought would be out of reach? Or the opposite? I seem to remember Thomas Tuchel being mentioned...

Is this why the the Vitor Pereira name was casually put out there today, do you think?

seems a bit out there. only been at Fenerbache for 12 months and did not get the everton Job (when Martinez took over)

:?

are FdB and AvB down the list on our doing or theirs?

I can't see Moyes of Pellegrini being fits for us to be honest, would be a very short-term quick fix kind of appointment (although even Moyes doesn't really equal any sort of fix these days).

The Victor fella, on paper, looks a shoe in. But other than what I've read, I have no idea on him.

I did wonder if we'd go for another Pochettino appointment. Younger, forward-thinking coach who will surprise people.

Looks like it's heading that way...

(unless we're going old guard, with Moyes/Pellegrini - I'd be surprised)

I loved the Poch style of play with the pressing - LOVED IT.

The thing about Vitor is (regardless of his skills as a coach) - He's not really much of a "long term planner" is he?

2002–2003 Padroense (juniors)

2003–2004 Porto (juniors)

2004–2005 Sanjoanense

2005–2007 Espinho

2007–2008 Porto (juniors)

2008–2010 Santa Clara

2010–2011 Porto (assistant)

2011–2013 Porto

2013–2014 Al-Ahli

2015 Olympiacos

2015-Present Fenerbahçe

Forget about AVB and RDB both are way down the shortlist.

Few bob to be made on the next manager if someone guesses right then.....Unless it's Eddie Howe who seemingly won't leave his beloved Bournemouth just yet...

I've said Sampoali would be interesting also that Marco Silva seems an interesting shout someone was mentioning. Very good record when I read up on him, looks to be a charismatic chap and only 38 so still very young for a coach. I reckon we're looking at someone not so obvious like these guys.

Sorry meant Fdb. club don't want either and Moyes no chance. Unai, Howe, Pelligrini and another at top of list. Vitor also mentioned.

Great news about Moyes! Interesting that FDB and AVB aren't up there.

Wonder who the other mystery candidate is...

Sorry meant Fdb. club don't want either and Moyes no chance. Unai, Howe, Pelligrini and another at top of list. Vitor also mentioned.

Interesting, thought Guan said Pelligrini was very unlikely? ITK fight!

That another is clearly the top of the list as you aren't allowed to give it away ;)

Edited by Saint IQ

Great news about Moyes! Interesting that FDB and AVB aren't up there.

Wonder who the other mystery candidate is...

Going back to kbilly's post in April, got a feeling Tuchel is on the list. Very ambitious, but he has been on our radar before during his time at Mainz. I seem to remember him being linked prior to MP and also Koeman.

Would take one hell of a deal to get him away from Dortmund though.

Well that's blown everyone's shortlist out of the water

Surprised Pelligrini is mentioned though, didn't think he was a 'fit', but still bloody hell...cracking manager.

It might narrow itself down if Emery goes to PSG / Howe stays put / Pellegrini goes to Milan!

I reckon it might be Vitor. I suppose it all depends on what type of coach/manager the club wants.

Going back to kbilly's post in April, got a feeling Tuchel is on the list. Very ambitious, but he has been on our radar before during his time at Mainz. I seem to remember him being linked prior to MP and also Koeman.

Would take one hell of a deal to get him away from Dortmund though.

Please don't say stuff like this, I can't have my hopes raised that high it's not good for health

Please don't say stuff like this, I can't have my hopes raised that high it's not good for health

Sorry! It would be utterly ridiculous to be honest. I think SuperSAINT is right when he think's it's Vitor to be honest, seems a solid fit.

So Howe has supposedly said no, Emery is bound for PSG and speculation over Pellegrini to Milan has heated up. So it looks like Vitor or the unknown manager are the more likely atm unless Pellegrini is desperate enough for another crack at the PL that he would snub Milan.

Is the mystery candidate someone you have not been informed of, or is it a name the club wants kept quiet?

Sorry! It would be utterly ridiculous to be honest. I think SuperSAINT is right when he think's it's Vitor to be honest, seems a solid fit.

Tuchel would be awesome. But it's not like Dortmund aren't pulling some cracking signings out of the hat.

Tuchel would be awesome. But it's not like Dortmund aren't pulling some cracking signings out of the hat.

And having sold Hummels, Gundogan and by the looks of it Aubameyang, I guess it's his chance to now make that team his own. We can dream though.