Repeat to fade

We've got emery

unai emery

I just don't think you understand

He's les Reads man

He's better than Koeman

We've got unai Emery

Delete and replace name of manager as appropriate

Emery AVB Moyes Howe... It was so funny to see some down-market nationals link us with Martinez! If Pearson hadn't gone to Derby, no doubt he'd have been touted too. :lol:

Emery Moyes AVB Howe. That's the shortlist? Only one of those I wouldn't be happy with (Moyes)

Emery AVB Moyes Howe... It was so funny to see some down-market nationals link us with Martinez! If Pearson hadn't gone to Derby, no doubt he'd have been touted too. :lol:

wonder (hope) if it is in that order... Emery AVB Moyes Howe

Moyes wouldn't be THAT bad really

Different summer, same ****. A byproduct of doing well but sad that again something that is growing gets chopped back by someone with a bigger wallet. However, let's have faith in the structure to deliver a manager that is least as good and hopefully an upgrade.

Howe would worry me. Too much of a one club man (ironically what we want but the wrong club!), De Boer hasn't set the world alight and his European record is woeful (also think going Dutch will lead to inevitable comparisons) - here's hoping for a surprising good rabbit out of the hat.

A cheeky bid for Pochettino perhaps... If not Klopp :)

jesus other than Emery I'm not inspired by that list at all. Any reason De Boer isn't there? seems like a very good fit to me.

Emery Moyes AVB Howe. That's the shortlist? Only one of those I wouldn't be happy with (Moyes)

We could do a lot worse than Moyes. However he's definitely the odd one out in that list. The other three are all considered bright, young forward thinking managers and Moyes, well, isn't.

Wonder if we'll talk to De Boer and Yakin, two others who would appear to fit the profile of what Reid spouts about.

Keith Hill has done well at Rochdale but its probably too big a step for him.

Would doubtless just use us a stepping stone to a team like errrr Everton!! When you actually write that down it sounds like s joke !!!! We'll blow me it's real, someone has actually left us for 'Everton' - that is hillarious when you look at it....

After Koeman and Pochettino he would be very uninspiring.

Good Manager but not for Saints IMO.

The other three worth exploring with Emery clear favourite. Howe and AVB interesting but both have iffy aspects.

Perhaps, he (Moyes) has a win % record of 44% (massively skewed by his time at Sociedad - 29%) compared to:

RK - 55%

MoPo - 40%

Emery - 50%

Howe - 47%

Well at least he wouldn't run off to Barca or Man U or.....anyone in fact. He'd be ours, all ours forever and ever....

:scared:

would be go all scouse and call him 'Davey'..?

Having thought about my earlier comment, the really scary thing is that Davey could become a reality! He wouldn't get poached, and would hang around to take on the "project".

Just had a look on a sevilla site. although it was pretty ropey with google translate, the general gist was that they would only expect Emery to leave for a PSG, Chelsea, City level of club. which is fair enough given his recent success, I guess

Just had a look on a sevilla site. although it was pretty ropey with google translate, the general gist was that they would only expect Emery to leave for a PSG, Chelsea, City level of club. which is fair enough given his recent success, I guess

We are the Everton to their Southampton.

#elmeltdownio

Much like we would have said re Koeman.

Although agree it does seem a step down for Emery to consider us but maybe the PL negates that somewhat. Its the place to be it would appear.

So Guan is saying De Boer is not on the shortlist despite quite significant Dutchness, same agent as Koeman (as was) and general Black Box suitability?

Perhaps the agent in question is the reason we are steering clear of De Boer? Or more likely, Guan hasn't had all the names passed to him.

So Guan is saying De Boer is not on the shortlist despite quite significant Dutchness, same agent as Koeman (as was) and general Black Box suitability?

Reading his post again it seems those managers listed are the ones he knows are confirmed on the short list so I guess that might be some he doesn't know about ...at least I'm hoping because I only like one of the four listed.

How about Erwin Koeman, pretty sure I read from some journo on Twitter that he wasn't sure Erwin would go with the snake to Everton

Funnily enough I think I posted on here some months ago that I was told that RK was leaving and his brother was going to take over. Now that would be a disaster IMO

Emery - out of reach, probably.

AVB - quoted saying he doesn't want to manage in England again.

Howe - might have a bit more loyalty than some managers

Moyes - Available and would almost certainly take it.

Seems like Moyes is most likely. Not exactly inspiring if it happens, but the job he did at Everton means fans should give him a chance.

Perhaps the agent in question is the reason we are steering clear of De Boer? Or more likely, Guan hasn't had all the names passed to him.

I think FDB's agent is the good angel agent who wanted RK to stay not the evil devil agent who wanted him to take the Everton cash.

How about he f**king pays for it like anyone else? But it's easier to deliver little snippets of info under the 3 post umbrella and leave all the morons either salivating or leaking urine.

He loves the attention, let him enjoy it.

TBH apart from Emery I'm very underwhelmed by that list. Why any club in this country is still considering touching AVB with a barge pole is beyond me.

I honestly don't believe Emery will end up here. He has champions league football at Sevilla, and has lucrative offers if reports are to be believed. I have just posted in the Sevilla foro, and immediately one suggested that they think Emery will stay in Sevilla - they also noted that Emery doesn't necessarily play 'attractive' football, rather he plays a very defensive game, with wingers acting as wing backs. One individual also registered his admiration for Shane Long and Jordy Clasie interestingly. But yeah, I suspect Emery will end up elsewhere, which is a great shame.