Ronald Koeman Joins Everton - CONFIRMED

Jimmy_D

It restricts the movements of employees (ie players) without them having any say.

Similar situation concerns restrictive covenants, which are common place in many industries to stop senior staff taking clients with them when they leave. However, if client wants to leave with senior staff and expresses a wish to, there's not a lot any party can do about it

How does that work with a player under contract not being allowed to leave, or only being allowed to leave if a certain amount of money is paid. That's all a restriction of labour etc.

And stated above, most management moves in business have no poaching clauses.

Saints can insist on a "restrictive covenant" on Koeman's departure. Which would state that any player who was approached with 12 months to leave for Everton using inside knowledge and channels would mean Saints would claim a huge sum from Koeman ( in the Millions ). These covenants are perfectly enforceable but would only ever mean he got a huge bill which legally he would have to pay .... it would not actually stop the players moving.

Longer is goes on the more that ITK stuff looks more correct, his second holiday is strange, as most football fans across the country aside Everton ones have said the desire to move to Everton is strange, these thing seem to start tallying up.

Could just be finer points, though you'd think if Moshri was so desperate to get his man and the salary amount seems that he is, a few clauses wouldn't bother him.

You'd think that once the compensation had been agreed and the personal terms were agreed it would have happened.

Amazing if some of this turns out to be true, but knowing the club I doubt they would ever air dirty laundry like this in public, so if he does sign for Everton you'll just get the usual guff about ambition etc. and the club will just say the usual thanks for service etc.

Maybe it's his release clause for when Arsenal/Barca come calling that is holding things up

As I am not sure Moshiri wants to pay 6+5 million for a 12 month manager

Saints can insist on a "restrictive covenant" on Koeman's departure. Which would state that any player who was approached with 12 months to leave for Everton using inside knowledge and channels would mean Saints would claim a huge sum from Koeman ( in the Millions ). These covenants are perfectly enforceable but would only ever mean he got a huge bill which legally he would have to pay .... it would not actually stop the players moving.

It would stop Koeman himself making approaches however if we could show it was all done by agents / others then the case against him wouldn't stick

Difficult clause to enforce a restrictive covenant and could only be applied to Koeman and not to Everton

Maybe it's his release clause for when Arsenal/Barca come calling that is holding things up

Arsenal? Barcelona? Koeman won't be interested, haven't you heard about Everton smashing glass ceilings?

I don't have a clue, hence my asking :thumbup:

Its not 'illegal' in a criminal sense - but the PL is a private members club and makes its own rules. If one club makes an agreement with another and then attempts to break it there will be sanctions, presumably including the Pl refusing to sanction the transfer.

I think that this would be a concern. RK can sign a contract with them, and then resign to take the Arsenal job (too early for Barca I would have thought) with little to no recourse. Certainly none with us. RK is currently favourite to be next Arsenal manager.

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/football-specials/arsenal/next-permanent-manager

Well maybe if the ITK piece is correct he didn't really look to much into the Everton contract because his intention was to just use it as a bargaining tool for a better contract at Saints, but now he has no choice but to go to Everton he's actually checking the terms? Possibly to include things like being able to jump ship to a Barca or Arsenal and Everton don't like this.

Well, there's something odd going on.

Still think he'll end up there, but it doesn't seem completely wrapped up just yet.

(No, not ITK, just my own observations. Seems to be taking far too long for something that's supposedly already done to me.)

Nothing needs to be in his contract. We are within our rights to accept offers from whoever we like. Man U and Chelsea have been doing it for years. They refuse to sell key players to league rivals. If we have a player that Everton want to bid for, I am sure there would be other clubs after him. We just accept their offer over Evertons.

Nothing needs to be in his contract. We are within our rights to accept offers from whoever we like. Man U and Chelsea have been doing it for years. They refuse to sell key players to league rivals. If we have a player that Everton want to bid for, I am sure there would be other clubs after him. We just accept their offer over Evertons.

Or just don't sell the player at all.

So Ron is back from holiday but it's still going to take a few days to sort out....you get the feeling Ron isn't exactly busting a gut to get settled into the job. Its kind of weird I'd have expected it to have move very quickly once we agreed compensation yet Ronald seems in no hurry to get started. You'd think he would have delayed his holiday to get his dream job all sorted out.

I'm not buying in to all this rewriting history and rumors. I think it's more likely our end that's holding up the deal. Get the feeling we're holding him until we have a replacement lined up. No rush from us to sign the deal when it seems Everton have played their cards and he's their only option now (their fans will melt if it falls through). I just hope we're getting traction with our new manager search.

Outcome could be quite amusing whatever happens. Have enjoyed having Koeman because of his integrity but he seemed to lack flair and now his integrity is in question. The mid-season slump indicated that he had no magic wand so that, if he goes, his loss may not be felt as keenly as it might have been.

Possibilities now are extensive. If he wants to stay, the club might not want him unless he stays on the club's terms, and if he wants to go it seems that will also be mainly on Southampton's terms. It would have been better if this episode hadn't happened now, as the close season is short enough without the disruption of a management change. But a new manager brings opportunity to improve and past experience suggests that it will be an unexpected name. We know the squad is strong and that one or two changes are already planned with the intention of making the team stronger. Can’t see Les Reed allowing Koeman to string us along for long and I’d be extremely surprised if he was allowed to stay on unless the terms were very much in our favour.

Somebody should tell Koeman that Everton are a big club with a history, he might get a move on and we can replace him. Kevin Kilbane talking about Coleman said that he suffered from being in a poor Everton side. I think we can all agree on that. Everton are paying for a genius, think they are getting a genius but if he gets into the same sort of runs that he had at the start of last season and the horrendous run in mid winter when he didn't seem to have a clue how to get out of it and got lucky, they will see that money doesn't make a decent manager into a genius.

So Ron is back from holiday but it's still going to take a few days to sort out....you get the feeling Ron isn't exactly busting a gut to get settled into the job. Its kind of weird I'd have expected it to have move very quickly once we agreed compensation yet Ronald seems in no hurry to get started. You'd think he would have delayed his holiday to get his dream job all sorted out.

Thursday 16th June, exactly 2 years after signing for us. Waiting for loyalty bonus and then pissing off?

I can see a fellow dutchman like de boer unwilling to follow Koeman as they are both big personalities in Holland, so FDB wouldnt want to lose any face to Ko£man.

Some of the managerial names mentioned are just fantasy and never coming here.

It could be a while, the scousers have half a dozen sheets of A4 to read...

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/everton-working-through-paperwork-ronald-11468444

Did they not think to get the paperwork sorted while Ron was on holiday?

But all parties are confident a deal will be concluded soon

Saints said he can leave, Everton want him he wants to go to Everton doesn't seem like it should be this hard to conclude.

Did they not think to get the paperwork sorted while Ron was on holiday?

But all parties are confident a deal will be concluded soon

Saints said he can leave, Everton want him he wants to go to Everton doesn't seem like it should be this hard to conclude.

Fook in big club - can't even sort out someone that can read more than 2 words an hour.

I can see a fellow dutchman like de boer unwilling to follow Koeman as they are both big personalities in Holland, so FDB wouldnt want to lose any face to Ko£man.

Some of the managerial names mentioned are just fantasy and never coming here.

Beginning to feel like the black box has let us down.

Everton fan telling me that the delay is down to Koeman wanting a loyalty bonus, thats due in his final year and waiting for that to kick in.

Really? how much is a loyalty bonus going to be? Everton are going to pay him 7 million a year I'd be signing on the dotted line before something went wrong if I were Ronnie...