Ronald Koeman Joins Everton - CONFIRMED

Jimmy_D

Oh god his latest tweet is nauseating.....and maybe a little dig at us...

This one ?

I am very excited to be @Everton manager. I believe in our ability to achieve things with the Club, team and fans in the future. #everton

If so, I don't see much wrong with that - he's saying exactly what he thinks he's expected to say..

This one ?

If so, I don't see much wrong with that - he's saying exactly what he thinks he's expected to say..

Nope the one after...."very happy @Everton manager".....accompanied with him holding shirt and in training gear.

Is he implying he wasn't happy with SFC.

Either Liverpool is very sunny or this was taken days ago.

Or he's on another holiday!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Think this move could be the best thing for both parties. Even when he was hinting at staying, it was hardly heartfelt. Glad we don't have a year of limbo as he sees out the end of a contract that he isn't interested in signing. Look what happened to Man City when they knew Pellegrini was going.

I'm sure he'll do well. For all the talk of £100m being not much, it was enough for Leicester.

Thanks for the 2 seasons Ron. No hard feelings but no warm ones either. You're a competitor now. By choice.

Let's all stay classy and avoid the bitterness. Treat it like a failed romance. Move on, find someone better, don't so much as look over the shoulder but don't forget what you learned either.

Think this move could be the best thing for both parties. Even when he was hinting at staying, it was hardly heartfelt. Glad we don't have a year of limbo as he sees out the end of a contract that he isn't interested in signing. Look what happened to Man City when they knew Pellegrini was going.

I'm sure he'll do well. For all the talk of £100m being not much, it was enough for Leicester.

Thanks for the 2 seasons Ron. No hard feelings but no warm ones either. You're a competitor now. By choice.

Let's all stay classy and avoid the bitterness. Treat it like a failed romance. Move on, find someone better, don't so much as look over the shoulder but don't forget what you learned either.

Mature and proper Doughnut. Am trying hard to be as big. Can't help but reflect on the bald hypocrisy of Boruc's tweet...and some of the smug Everton comments about bigger club etc...do they think Koeman's ambition stops at Everton? Ha, give it a season. For us - it might just be a blessing in disguise...Koeman was great for us for two years, but he's not superhuman like the media are making him out to be. Let's get a great new Manager in and march on.

Nope the one after...."very happy @Everton manager".....accompanied with him holding shirt and in training gear.

Is he implying he wasn't happy with SFC.

Either Liverpool is very sunny or this was taken days ago.

Or he's on another holiday!

What an utter cahoont.

Obviously taken whilst on holiday and terms hadn't yet been agreed!!

I wonder when Southampton gave Everton permission to actually speak to Konman?

It seemed from reports as if his return from his 2nd hols was when the talks with them in person were due to start.

The shirt and tracksuit top must have been purchased in the resort he was staying at.

On par with Nivea Boy at WC signing LFC shirt whilst still SFC Captain..

So disappointed in him and his actions.

Like Koeman? Personally, I don't think there's anything wrong with feeling cheated by Koeman (Koeman's words). If that gives rise to bitterness, so be it - football is an emotional sport after all. That being said, it's probably not healthy to get too invested in individuals, because careers in football can largely be described as transient (and I think I've finally f*cking woken up to that 'depressing' fact).

Edited by Donatello

I don't often get ITK snippets but from a very good source; Shortly after the M.Targett incident, Kat and Ron met for a meal (location anonymous to protect source) to discuss the matter of his attitude. This quickly descended into quite a noisy row where our owner read the snake his fortune. Apparently the chopping block was lined up and it was only for the dramatic turn of results that he was given stay of execution until the end of the season. He mostly sorted his attitude out for the last half season which is why they were willing to give him a chance at another year but not at 'any cost', results and points are the business and friendship and liking someone come second place. Then when Ron pulled the whole Everton as a bargaining chip card (matches closely the other story that Jack posted on Sotonian) after already agreeing terms with Saints, they simply turned round and said 'no thanks' with a fair number of the board pleased to be rid of his arrogant attitude and management style.

It doesn't add much to what we've already heard but it feels me with cheer to picture him getting a boloking from Kat over a meal and suggests our owner is much more involved than we knew.

1. Kat isn't that hands on. Any such meeting if it existed would not have involved her.

2. Saints hated Koeman and his attitude enough to offer him a new contract.

You really are an arrogant twit.

1. The meeting happened and it was her one on one with Koeman. My source has absolutely no reason to make it up as has zero vested interest in football or Saints. You on the other hand know **** all but always act like you know best. You don't have to believe what i'm saying or my source but don't act like you have any idea of what goes on better than anyone else. The tedium you bring to this board, and your constant negative drivel is embarrassing.

2. Try actually reading the full post. They did it because he got results and calmed his **** down because it was the right business decision at that point. They didn't hate him, they disapproved of his attitude, his refusal to play anything other than Pelle ball at the time, and his handling of many of the player base.

It's probably just a formality. I'd have thought both would be welcome to stay, of course.

They may not. A new man will want some of his own staff.

It will just be posturing about money. Everton and Saints know there is no rush as pre season isn't for a while yet. They will both be prepping for a move to Everton.

1. The meeting happened and it was her one on one with Koeman. My source has absolutely no reason to make it up as has zero vested interest in football or Saints. You on the other hand know **** all but always act like you know best. You don't have to believe what i'm saying or my source but don't act like you have any idea of what goes on better than anyone else. The tedium you bring to this board, and your constant negative drivel is embarrassing.

2. Try actually reading the full post. They did it because he got results and calmed his **** down because it was the right business decision at that point. They didn't hate him, they disapproved of his attitude, his refusal to play anything other than Pelle ball at the time, and his handling of many of the player base.

I know this to be true I also know the restaurant they were in

I don't often get ITK snippets but from a very good source; Shortly after the M.Targett incident, Kat and Ron met for a meal (location anonymous to protect source) to discuss the matter of his attitude. This quickly descended into quite a noisy row where our owner read the snake his fortune. Apparently the chopping block was lined up and it was only for the dramatic turn of results that he was given stay of execution until the end of the season. He mostly sorted his attitude out for the last half season which is why they were willing to give him a chance at another year but not at 'any cost', results and points are the business and friendship and liking someone come second place. Then when Ron pulled the whole Everton as a bargaining chip card (matches closely the other story that Jack posted on Sotonian) after already agreeing terms with Saints, they simply turned round and said 'no thanks' with a fair number of the board pleased to be rid of his arrogant attitude and management style.

It doesn't add much to what we've already heard but it feels me with cheer to picture him getting a boloking from Kat over a meal and suggests our owner is much more involved than we knew.

What I want to know is did Kat pay for that meal, or did they...

....wait for it..

...drum roll...

...go Dutch?

* Gets coat *

2. Saints hated Koeman and his attitude enough to offer him a new contract.

City gave their manager a new contract and had absolutely no intention of him seeing it out . Perhaps Saints offered him one to stop speculation during his final year , but with easy brake clauses if they wanted to get rid.

Thanks for the insights. Hope you've put your tin hat through an MOT recently though ;)

I just personally think that Saints are quite principled. If so many disliked his attitude etc (which only comes out after the event) then why offer a new contract based on form in the last six to eight games. It seems quite knee jerk if they didn't like his approach - and we aren't a knee jerk reaction club.

It appears we genuinely wanted him to stay and thought he would until Everton got involved.

The Targett incident was early April yet wasn't mentioned until June.

This meal where our Manager and Owner had an argument would also have been in April. A poster above said he knows it happened but didn't think to mention before.

I don't doubt the source but its easy for things to be exagerrated now Koeman has left, to make him look like a vile bully yet a few weeks ago everyone was delighted when it looked like he would sign a new contract.

I just personally think that Saints are quite principled. If so many disliked his attitude etc (which only comes out after the event) then why offer a new contract based on form in the last six to eight games. It seems quite knee jerk if they didn't like his approach - and we aren't a knee jerk reaction club.

It appears we genuinely wanted him to stay and thought he would until Everton got involved.

The Targett incident was early April yet wasn't mentioned until June.

This meal where our Manager and Owner had an argument would also have been in April. A poster above said he knows it happened but didn't think to mention before.

I don't doubt the source but its easy for things to be exagerrated now Koeman has left, to make him look like a vile bully yet a few weeks ago everyone was delighted when it looked like he would sign a new contract.

I'm sure we did want him to stay, but that doesn't mean there weren't issues the board felt uncomfortable about. We know that to be true as Guan was posting about it in January

You may well have been told this but I would suggest this is ********. May well have been a meal at a restaurant together but Les Reed would read the riot act to koeman not Kat and certainly not in a public place where a "noisy row" broke out.

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

I'm sure we did want him to stay, but that doesn't mean there weren't issues the board felt uncomfortable about. We know that to be true as Guan was posting about it in January

Of course but any Manager and Club will have some differences.

Re the Leicester game, Targett was awful in that first half. He get very well paid to play PL football and has a standard he needs to hit like any player.

Was what Koeman said likely to be anymore OTT than what for example, Sir Alex Ferguson, was heralded for?

Who knows.

Just interesting all this only comes out now once Koeman is going/has gone.

Of course but any Manager and Club will have some differences.

Re the Leicester game, Targett was awful in that first half. He get very well paid to play PL football and has a standard he needs to hit like any player.

Was what Koeman said likely to be anymore OTT than what for example, Sir Alex Ferguson, was heralded for?

Who knows.

Just interesting all this only comes out now once Koeman is going/has gone.

Players need to be bollocked we all know tha,t but the skill lies in the manner in which the player is bollocked. I have heard a rough transcript of what Koeman said and it was pretty unpleasant and humiliating especially for a young player, who at the time was being treated by the physio. Tell a man off by all means but don't humiliate him. Targett may have had a poor half (they all did) but to single him out in such a way makes Koeman a bully in my eyes.

Players need to be bollocked we all know tha,t but the skill lies in the manner in which the player is bollocked. I have heard a rough transcript of what Koeman said and it was pretty unpleasant and humiliating especially for a young player, who at the time was being treated by the physio. Tell a man off by all means but don't humiliate him. Targett may have had a poor half (they all did) but to single him out in such a way makes Koeman a bully in my eyes.

FF, I would be fascinated if you could give a fuller account.

Totally agree

Fair enough and I agree there is a line. Without knowing more it is hard to judge but generally he is known for being a calm manager.

From an objective point of view it does seem there is a bit of a Koeman smear campaign at the moment. Ultimately he achieved great results at Saints and there won't be a single PL Manager who hasn't shouted at a player in a bit of an OTT manner or had an iffy run of form.

That he was able on each occassion to turn that around suggest to me that he is both tactically sound and also had the confidence and respect of the majority of the squad. Lets not pretend there was a Martinez style mutiny. Lots of stories said he and Pelle fell out yet last night Pelle specifically thanked Koeman after the game so it can't be that bad a relationship there.

Not sure SAF would agree with you.