Ronald Koeman Joins Everton - CONFIRMED

Jimmy_D

Bit that doesn't make sense in this latest conspiracy is why he would fire his agent for not mentioning the EFC job if he wanted SFC to match what was being offered.

Because without bringing the EFC offer into the open Saints would have no knoweledge of it, let alone match it.

I read it as his previous agent did not even relay the EFC approach ro RK thinking the Saints deal had been agreed in principle.

Interesting. On the surface very comprehensive and rich with detail.

Not sure what to make of that myself. ITKers generally only present snippets since (i) they only have one source who's unlikely to be informed of the whole picture themselves and (ii) information is selectively given, not shared on request. In particular, it rarely forms a nice neat narrative that uncannily answers all supporters burning questions.

I'd love to believe it's true and maybe it is, but it would be possible for anyone to put that together by combining rumours/allegations/suspicions already in the public domain (and talked about on here at length) with a bit of sensible conjecture.

So what is stopping the deal being done???

logistics, holidays etc is a smokescreen as fax machines or jetting out an employee/agent/lawyer to deliver the contract is small fry £££ in a multi million deal???

I certainly would not rule out RK not being 100% convinced on the move!!

I don't know, I'm just saying the reasons given for a hold up don't make much sense, unless as you say Ron himself is having doubts... Maybe everything is actually done, the ITKs have been misled and Everton are simply waiting for him to get back from holiday to announce it?

I'd love to believe it's true and maybe it is, but it would be possible for anyone to put that together by combining rumours/allegations/suspicions already in the public domain (and talked about on here at length) with a bit of sensible conjecture.

That's very true

Interesting.

Certainly a possible explanation for Ron's extended holiday and seeming to not be that desperate to charge up the M6 to join that gigantic club of the north with their global historic reputation of being the first club in the world to have hot and cold running water.

However, I do think a there can be a bit too much made of players hating the manager. It's not necessarily a bad thing, as is the opposite. Everyone seems to love Stuart Gray and Steve McClaren.

The players hating the manager thing is stupid. How many people do actually, really like their manager at work anyway? Whatever level you're at, your manager will always have moments where they're a complete c**t to you or a colleague in order to get things done and we've all had to use the stick approach to management occasionally as not everyone responds to the carrot.

Mane I imagine is someone who needs an occasional rocket up his backside, just an observation though.

Besides, I imagine all the players absolutely loved Alex Ferguson, right?? He never kicked a boot at his star player, he never brought them to task with the infamous 'hairdryer treatment' ...

if you don't like your manager, genuinely, you leave. But if you think he's a d*ck but you can see the results which end up helping you and your colleagues, you stay. Generally speaking.

Edited by Patrick Bateman

Hauled off at half time, then never seen again for the rest of the season!

Indeed - Koeman made a particularly harsh verbal assault on Targett in front of the whole dressing room, blaming him for everything that had gone wrong in the first half and saying he epitomised the reason why he would not pick any U21 players, they were all c**p like Targett.

I don't know, I'm just saying the reasons given for a hold up don't make much sense, unless as you say Ron himself is having doubts... Maybe everything is actually done, the ITKs have been misled and Everton are simply waiting for him to get back from holiday to announce it?

Indeed, Everton might be wanting a scarf held aloft photo at Goodison (surely creative photographers could come up with a better idea!!!).

Indeed - Koeman made a particularly harsh verbal assault on Targett in front of the whole dressing room, blaming him for everything that had gone wrong in the first half and saying he epitomised the reason why he would not pick any U21 players, they were all c**p like Targett.

What a c*nt

The players hating the manager thing is stupid. How many people do actually, really like their manager at work anyway? Whatever level you're at, your manager will always have moments where they're a complete c**t to you or a colleague in order to get things done and we've all had to use the stick approach to management occasionally as not everyone responds to the carrot.

Mane I imagine is someone who needs an occasional rocket up his backside, just an observation though.

Besides, I imagine all the players absolutely loved Alex Ferguson, right?? He never kicked a boot at his star player, he never brought them to task with the infamous 'hairdryer treatment' ...

if you don't like your manager, genuinely, you leave. But if you think he's a d*ck but you can see the results which end up helping you and your colleagues, you stay. Generally speaking.

All the Leicester players seemed to hate Ranieri..........I think times have changed at the top level of football these days and even Fergie somewhat changed his man management style slightly or at least reined it in in his last 5 or so years at United

All the Leicester players seemed to hate Ranieri..........I think times have changed at the top level of football these days and even Fergie somewhat changed his man management style slightly or at least reined it in in his last 5 or so years at United

To be fair, Leicester (and Ranieri) were a 5000-1 exception to most rules!

All the players seem to love Poch. I think these days it is quite important to be liked, especially by your key players like Mane and Tadic..Obviously players not playing are going to be a bit annoyed with the manager, personally those posts on Sotonians I find very believable and make a lot of sense.

Of course nearly every Everton fan won't believe it, because they'll refuse to want it to be true.

True most of it has been discussed before, albeit it has never been pieced together - the only 'specific' bit that was really new was the Mane comment.

Saints have to sort it out as RK is not welcome back.

I reckon if you added a poll on your forum now it would swing 90% want him gone while 10% to stay only if a big sorry.

You might be right, but is this forum representative of the support as a whole?

If Ronald agreed a 3 year deal with the club, would you want him to stay? The timing of this latest information could mean that there could be a bit of bridge-building going on.

Alternatively, it could be preparing the supporters for the big f*ck off.

If I had a choice between Koeman staying after all this, or AVB, I would choose Koeman. If the choice was Pellegrini, or even Yakin, it's a bit of a tougher choice.

Calling Columbo, Poirot and Miss Marple to TSW please.

It could be The Gardener in the potting shed with a spade, but can you sift through the evidence and solve the mystery please.

:mcinnes:

Now all the talk about gardening leave starts to make sense. The gardening plot thickens.

To be fair though, we didn't lose for the rest of the season after that game. You could argue that his methods got the best out of his players. Tadic in particular, was outstanding in the season run-in.

Or more often you stick around knowing there will be another one along soon.

You might be right, but is this forum representative of the support as a whole?

If Ronald agreed a 3 year deal with the club, would you want him to stay? The timing of this latest information could mean that there could be a bit of bridge-building going on.

Alternatively, it could be preparing the supporters for the big f*ck off.

If I had a choice between Koeman staying after all this, or AVB, I would choose Koeman. If the choice was Pellegrini, or even Yakin, it's a bit of a tougher choice.

If the latest ITK news is true, why would anyone be really ****ed off if he came back. His 'offence' seems to be that he's used the Everton offer to try and increase his budget to get players in. Who wouldn't want that? As it happens, the club seem to have stuck by its guns. And that's about it isn't it?

If he signs for two or three more years, most people (I think) will be pleased. Personally I'd be happy as it would really **** off those gobby scousers that have been on here with their big club crap. I'm sure we wouldn't see them back on here again.

The jack schit item, and Adam Blackmore comment, ring true to me.

It also ties in with something I had at the back of my mind which was odd. When RK was asked about the first Everton offer, at the last pre match press conference I think, he said "not happening" but his tone/body language was pretty unusual. More like "Everton? You are kidding right. I'm a great manager and there is no way I would even consider moving there."

Now all the talk about gardening leave starts to make sense. The gardening plot thickens.

We know yer man lives in Ocean Village, so are we just talking window boxes here, or full blown planter boxes on the balcony?

To be fair though, we didn't lose for the rest of the season after that game. You could argue that his methods got the best out of his players. Tadic in particular, was outstanding in the season run-in.

I presented that argument last month and K, Billy simply replied "shop window".

If the latest ITK news is true, why would anyone be really ****ed off if he came back. His 'offence' seems to be that he's used the Everton offer to try and increase his budget to get players in. Who wouldn't want that? As it happens, the club seem to have stuck by its guns. And that's about it isn't it?

If he signs for two or three more years, most people (I think) will be pleased. Personally I'd be happy as it would really **** off those gobby scousers that have been on here with their big club crap. I'm sure we wouldn't see them back on here again.

I reckon you're right. The poster I replied to thinks that a massive majority want him gone.

I'd be delighted if he stayed but he would need to sign new contract not just see out the current one

Bloody good that JWP, Targett and Stephens won that Euro cup thing with England then. [emoji106]

Don't forget that if the ITK news is true then he's behaved like a bit of a c*nt towards a few players, and we're more likely to keep Mane without him...

Any chance that someone could summon up what could possibly be going on....

Am I right in saying that Koeman wants to remain at Saints and sign a new contract as he used Everton to bump up his price.

he is going to everton on double pay, totally against his will

All sounds a bit odd to me. Koeman is this big horrible dictator who the players hate, doesn't stick to club philosophies, goes off on holiday when he wants and we still want him to extend? Does that make any sense to anyone? Sounds like a bit of PR work to me.

All sounds a bit odd to me. Koeman is this big horrible dictator who the players hate, doesn't stick to club philosophies, goes off on holiday when he wants and we still want him to extend? Does that make any sense to anyone? Sounds like a bit of PR work to me.

Not all the players hate him clearly. He's fallen out with a few though, we know that much is true. And despite his methods not being in line with how the board would like things done, he has led us to two fantastic finishes so I can see why they would want him to stay despite having these issues

It's clearly only half the story, with plenty of face saving and reputation management thrown in.

Koeman will not be going on a year's gardening leave, that's for sure. Back from holiday and waving an Everton scarf about sometime before the end of the week.

And let's hope all the Everton players absolutely love him.

Because all these players hating him here seemed to be the fuel that drove us to sixth.