Ronald Koeman Joins Everton - CONFIRMED

Jimmy_D

If he doesn't start well it isn't going to end well. Sacked by January/Feb if they're in the bottom half around then.

Though Kenwright does seem to be patient with managers got the feeling this new guy definitely wont be.

It'll be interesting watching how the dynamic of kenwright/mushroom will develop that's for sure especially if the results don't go the right way

Lewis Coombes ‏@LEWIS_C

IF #Koeman intended to see out last year of contract but #saintsfc ultimatum to sign or leave forced his hand...why change agents?? #spin

If given ultimatum why didn't RK say he was staying for the last year and wait for Saints to dismiss him ? Then Saints would have paid him compensation and he would have come out of it looking good.

If given ultimatum why didn't RK say he was staying for the last year and wait for Saints to dismiss him ? Then Saints would have paid him compensation and he would have come out of it looking good.

But that wouldn't have been good for us as by not sacking him, we get £5m and Ron is the bad guy. I doubt if we'd have sacked him as that would've aliented fans and players, as well as losing the financial bonus.

He's left and whatever shenanigans went on, no doubt by both sides, now we have an opportunity to move on and get someone who fits what those running the club want. That's more exciting for me than getting angry at Ronald, or Les and the other board members.

I love this photo as i can imagine Jan going what the **** is this dump as he surveys the gym.

ClJbgA5UsAAYQuA.jpg

Where ish De money machine? I want to go on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But that wouldn't have been good for us as by not sacking him, we get £5m and Ron is the bad guy. I doubt if we'd have sacked him as that would've aliented fans and players, as well as losing the financial bonus.

He's left and whatever shenanigans went on, no doubt by both sides, now we have an opportunity to move on and get someone who fits what those running the club want. That's more exciting for me than getting angry at Ronald, or Les and the other board members.

I have that.

Sent from my E6853 using Tapatalk

I reckon Koeman is telling the truth in this interview. It was the same situation at Feyenoord where he did stay for three years. He could have signed for another year but early on he told the club he was going to leave after the third year and he was proud to leave the club through the front door instead of sneaking out. When he says he wanted to see out his contract with the Saints I for one believe him as he has learned the hard way (leaving PSV for Valencia) it's better to leave the club in a good way. And yes, Koeman has earned enough millions in his career to be financially independent so it's rubbish to say he chooses a club like Everton because of the money bags waiting for him. The Saints should fire the man responsible for this story.

I reckon Koeman is telling the truth in this interview. It was the same situation at Feyenoord where he did stay for three years. He could have signed for another year but early on he told the club he was going to leave after the third year and he was proud to leave the club through the front door instead of sneaking out. When he says he wanted to see out his contract with the Saints I for one believe him as he has learned the hard way (leaving PSV for Valencia) it's better to leave the club in a good way. And yes, Koeman has earned enough millions in his career to be financially independent so it's rubbish to say he chooses a club like Everton because of the money bags waiting for him. The Saints should fire the man responsible for this story.

fire them?

it is what we do. despite some believing we do everything 'quietly'

He is never going to say it was for money is he?

However if it wasn't about the money Everton would have offered him 3 million a year and he would have gone instead of having to throw so much money at him that he couldn't turn it down.

I think he wanted to see the last year of his contract out then go and I personally don't see why that would be an issue. Many do though and If the club have decided we need someone for the next few years of the plan and changing next summer was the wrong thing to do then they have played this correctly. Especially if we take some of Evertons money too! Lol

Appointing the right man next is vital...and I hope koeman enjoys his Liverpool slums and gets relegated...

Having read a lot of sources and what he has had to say, this is my take on things:

a) Koeman says he will have discussions after season ends with the board, but that he will see out his contract

b) Koeman before going on holiday, verbally agrees that he will sign, having confirmed key transfers etc Reed posts that video :lol:

c) Back from holiday, Everton now reportedly offering £7m a year, his head is turned by that amount, now says to the board, I won't sign a new contract, but either NOW he says 'let me speak to Everton' or 'let me see out my third year'. (Changes agent because his old one didn't push Ronald forward the job which is why I believe it was in fact the former that happened)

d) BUT from what he says, Koeman is trying to persuade us he said the latter to Reed and that we wouldn't allow the lame duck option

e) Relationship deteriorates between Reed/Koeman, Koeman said he won't sign, so only option is to let him speak to Everton if we don't want the lame duck situation (gardening leave would have been hilarious though)

f) We agree, compensation taking its time, he goes on second holiday, and eventually he is gone

g) We March On

fire them?

it is what we do. despite some believing we do everything 'quietly'

And moaning and running the club down at every opportunity is what you seemingly do batman.

It comes down to the fact that Saints want stability within the club for the long term to which end they offered koeman a new deal worth a lot more money and he said no thanks and went for one with more money and an easier success path. The only thing you can run Les down for is trying to get him to sign, as koemans past record says he doesn't stay anywhere for long. It's all about enhancing his reputation to get him back to Barcelona one day.

And moaning and running the club down at every opportunity is what you seemingly do batman.

It comes down to the fact that Saints want stability within the club for the long term to which end they offered koeman a new deal worth a lot more money and he said no thanks and went for one with more money and an easier success path. The only thing you can run Les down for is trying to get him to sign, as koemans past record says he doesn't stay anywhere for long. It's all about enhancing his reputation to get him back to Barcelona one day.

im not at all. play the post and not the poster

they have played this correctly.

No, they didn't. They could have reported that they didn't want Koeman to see out his contract for only one year because of their plans for the future and that Koeman was unwilling to sign a new longterm contract so it was better for both of them to split up now without hard feelings. No damage done to either side and that would be the correct thing to do. Maybe they could even have made an agreement with Koeman not to use his knowledge about the contracts of key players from the Saints. It wouldn't surprise me when Koeman or his new club starts negotiations with some of them just to take the p*ss out of Les Reed & Co. But then again, every player is for sale right?

Maybe he is telling the truth but his judgement is bad. If he is truly ambitious and wants to win things he would have been better waiting for a top four club next year than Everton which could take years to resurrect, if ever.

What Koeman said was correct, despite the 'leaks' about his character, what he demanded. He was happy to see out his final year and talk after that. We wanted him to sign a bumper deal or sod off... Then there was a stand off, then Everton began pursuing again... It was a deadlock, so RK did decide to sod off.

As for players being bullied, not liking him... For someone who we are told wasn't very popular, he's given us 2 record points hauls and qualified for Europe twice, all with having to deal with major player departures... So that should tell you something. The only two confirmed comments about Koeman leaving has come from Long and Davis, who are disappointed he's gone. I can't comment for all of the players but there is not a groundswell of relief that he's gone, more a curiousness of who is to come in next; that could determine the futures of a couple of them.

Maybe he is telling the truth but his judgement is bad. If he is truly ambitious and wants to win things he would have been better waiting for a top four club next year than Everton which could take years to resurrect, if ever.

That would mean Koeman had to sign a longterm deal with the Saints and apparently he didn't want to do that. I'm curious why he didn't want to stay on for a couple of years more, it won't be the money as he would earn far more than enough with the Saints. Maybe it is ambition, to have the chance to compete for a place to qualify for the CL and that way working on his ultimate dream: Barcelona. I don't think he's the right man for Barcelona considering the way he likes his teams to play but a man without dreams is a man... ;)

That would mean Koeman had to sign a longterm deal with the Saints and apparently he didn't want to do that. I'm curious why he didn't want to stay on for a couple of years more, it won't be the money as he would earn far more than enough with the Saints. Maybe it is ambition, to have the chance to compete for a place to qualify for the CL and that way working on his ultimate dream: Barcelona. I don't think he's the right man for Barcelona considering the way he likes his teams to play but a man without dreams is a man... ;)

We were 3 points from a CL place last season.

Hh

What Koeman said was correct, despite the 'leaks' about his character, what he demanded. He was happy to see out his final year and talk after that. We wanted him to sign a bumper deal or sod off... Then there was a stand off, then Everton began pursuing again... It was a deadlock, so RK did decide to sod off.

As for players being bullied, not liking him... For someone who we are told wasn't very popular, he's given us 2 record points hauls and qualified for Europe twice, all with having to deal with major player departures... So that should tell you something. The only two confirmed comments about Koeman leaving has come from Long and Davis, who are disappointed he's gone. I can't comment for all of the players but there is not a groundswell of relief that he's gone, more a curiousness of who is to come in next; that could determine the futures of a couple of them.

So why was he so determined just to see the last year of his contract out without signing an extension? Why did he sign a three year deal with Everton? Is a three year deal not the same as signing an extension with us for two more years? No because they were paying 6 million per year. It is and always will be about money nothing else.

Wouldn't have a clue about the rest and take that with a pinch of salt.

Hh

So why was he so determined just to see the last year of his contract out without signing an extension? Why did he sign a three year deal with Everton? Is a three year deal not the same as signing an extension with us for two more years? No because they were paying 6 million per year. It is and always will be about money nothing else.

Wouldn't have a clue about the rest and take that with a pinch of salt.

Of course he's gone for the money and he won't be there longer than two seasons, I guarantee that.

We were 3 points from a CL place last season.

Yup, probably Koeman believed it was the closest he could get with Southampton for CL qualification. The Saints won't do silly things like so many other clubs who are throwing cash around so you have to accept the fact it's not likely that the Saints will make the final step to the top. One could hope for a Leicester scenario but who believes to witness this stunt again in the near future? I guess it's best for both that Koeman left but it should have been better handled by the club.

Yep exactly he left for that and knew it was easier to improve Everton than us much easier task.

Yeah totally. Not disputing that at all, just wanted to get across another viewpoint, a quite legitimate one. One which I share too. :-)

About time Les Reed got his act together and instead of being 'second' to everything gave the full detail before Koeman destroyed him yesterday. Make no bones about it, Koeman totally mugged off SFC and Reed yesterday. All that time to sort eveything out and the 1st question answered smashes Reed from pillar to post.

As for the idiot that runs the media at SFC, total joke.

About time Les Reed got his act together and instead of being 'second' to everything gave the full detail before Koeman destroyed him yesterday. Make no bones about it, Koeman totally mugged off SFC and Reed yesterday. All that time to sort eveything out and the 1st question answered smashes Reed from pillar to post.

I was obviously watchimg something different.

Mugged us off ....£5m reasons that's not true.

:mcinnes:

You need to leave off the excessive drinking, it effects your mental awareness assuming you have any

Whether or not RK went to Everton for the money, if he was willing to see out the final year of his contract, but Reed wouldn't let him, then I don't see what he did wrong. Of course, he could be not giving us the whole story. As they say, there are two sides to every story. So far, it seems Saints' side is coming from Jack Schitt.

Whether or not RK went to Everton for the money, if he was willing to see out the final year of his contract, but Reed wouldn't let him, then I don't see what he did wrong. Of course, he could be not giving us the whole story. As they say, there are two sides to every story. So far, it seems Saints' side is coming from Jack Schitt.

So RK says nasty Les wouldn't let him see out the last year of his contract (the one he has with saints). Now forgive me if I'm wrong but contracts work both ways - RK was not dismissed from his post so could he not take us to court and claim the last year of his contract from SFC? Bit strange that we managed to get any compensation from EFC don't you think?

There's one thing that's being forgotten a bit in all this. Koeman DID verbally agree a new contract. If he just wanted to see out his contract then he wouldn't have agreed the new one. Then he didn't change agents until the Everton interest. It's pretty obvious what happened. I know some don't want to believe it and a couple of the painfully boring people on here just love to blame the club at every given opportunity but to me it's obvious what happened.

There's also a tweet from a journo saying that our offer was 4.5mil a year for 3 years with a get out clause for next summer. If that's true then it proves even more that he left for the cash.

Fwiw I really don't care about it now. It's an exciting time for us atm and i'm genuinely optimistic about next season. No doubt our mongy fan base will boo the tits off of him when we play them though.

There's one thing that's being forgotten a bit in all this. Koeman DID verbally agree a new contract. If he just wanted to see out his contract then he wouldn't have agreed the new one. Then he didn't change agents until the Everton interest. It's pretty obvious what happened. I know some don't want to believe it and a couple of the painfully boring people on here just love to blame the club at every given opportunity but to me it's obvious what happened.

There's also a tweet from a journo saying that our offer was 4.5mil a year for 3 years with a get out clause for next summer. If that's true then it proves even more that he left for the cash.

Fwiw I really don't care about it now. It's an exciting time for us atm and i'm genuinely optimistic about next season. No doubt our mongy fan base will boo the tits off of him when we play them though.

Exactly. Although remember many have a duty to pi ss their pants and whine. The person leaving whoever it may be is never at fault. I can't think of many other clubs that change managers and sell players.

• 2 weeks later...
That's interesting. Is it Kruger back right or not. I can see the Scottish talent scout and Sammy Lee but who

are the rest. I wonder how agreed this is ...

Steve Baynes (physio), Hugh Schecker (liaison officer), Sammy Lee, Ross Wilson, Scott Walters (analyst), Fran Alonso - not sure who the other is in the top right.

That's interesting. Is it Kruger back right or not. I can see the Scottish talent scout and Sammy Lee but who

are the rest. I wonder how agreed this is ...

Do you have to get permission from your work every time you go out for a meal with friends?