Page 31 of 33 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,550 of 1603

Thread: Ronald Koeman Joins Everton - CONFIRMED

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Shance View Post
    There's one thing that's being forgotten a bit in all this. Koeman DID verbally agree a new contract. If he just wanted to see out his contract then he wouldn't have agreed the new one. Then he didn't change agents until the Everton interest. It's pretty obvious what happened. I know some don't want to believe it and a couple of the painfully boring people on here just love to blame the club at every given opportunity but to me it's obvious what happened.

There's also a tweet from a journo saying that our offer was 4.5mil a year for 3 years with a get out clause for next summer. If that's true then it proves even more that he left for the cash.

Fwiw I really don't care about it now. It's an exciting time for us atm and i'm genuinely optimistic about next season. No doubt our mongy fan base will boo the tits off of him when we play them though.
    Exactly. Although remember many have a duty to pi ss their pants and whine. The person leaving whoever it may be is never at fault. I can't think of many other clubs that change managers and sell players.

That's interesting. Is it Kruger back right or not. I can see the Scottish talent scout and Sammy Lee but who
    are the rest. I wonder how agreed this is ...

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Nick75Sfc View Post
    That's interesting. Is it Kruger back right or not. I can see the Scottish talent scout and Sammy Lee but who
    Steve Baynes (physio), Hugh Schecker (liaison officer), Sammy Lee, Ross Wilson, Scott Walters (analyst), Fran Alonso - not sure who the other is in the top right.

doubt anything needs to be agreed by anyone

Commuting between Never Never Land and a Pie in the Sky
    Blog Entries

I thought Koeman's hated by everyone at the club.

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by shurlock View Post
    I thought Koeman's hated by everyone at the club.
    Too early to rule out that this is some kind of hostage situation/siege.

Quote Originally Posted by CB Fry View Post
    Too early to rule out that this is some kind of hostage situation/siege.
    Hugo Schekter will be showing Witsel around houses in Croxteth by the weekend.

#tappingup

Do you have to get permission from your work every time you go out for a meal with friends?

Quote Originally Posted by LGTL View Post
    Do you have to get permission from your work every time you go out for a meal with friends?
    That says thank you Southampton FC ? Not thank you Sammy etc. But you can quibble about **** if it makes you happy xx

Does Peter Griffin work for us then?

Leaving on a high is never a bad thing. I think the timing was excellent and we know need to give the new coaching team a chance.

Koeman to Barcelona this summer

Quote Originally Posted by Hatch View Post
    Koeman to Barcelona this summer
    In his dreams. What has he done to deserve the job? And after his spell at Valencia he would be lucky to get a top flight job there.
    Now Poch... if the Espanyol thing doesn't get in the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Cartman View Post
    In his dreams. What has he done to deserve the job? And after his spell at Valencia he would be lucky to get a top flight job there.
    Now Poch... if the Espanyol thing doesn't get in the way.
    There's pictures of him everywhere at the Nou Camp, he's revered there because of his playing days. I'd suggest it were more to do with experience and popularity if Koeman were to be appointed rather than managerial brilliance.

Ronald may be an arrogant turncoat with a penchant for a holiday, but the Koemans were a great management team for us.

Quote Originally Posted by St Chalet View Post
    Ronald may be an arrogant turncoat with a penchant for a holiday, but the Koemans were a great management team for us.
    Was he though? If we'd been Mané-less last season we would be in much the same position as we currently are. Our (Mané's) latter season form papered over some pretty considerable cracks in my opinion.

17. Default

Koeman is a legend there and has done very well in England

Mopo took over a spurs side that has been finishing top 5 for the past 12-13 years and has err finished top 5. Still not won a single trophy and did awful with espanyol.

Quote Originally Posted by sambosa75 View Post
    Was he though? If we'd been Mané-less last season we would be in much the same position as we currently are. Our (Mané's) latter season form papered over some pretty considerable cracks in my opinion.
    Had Koeman not joined we would have arguably been Mane-less.

Quote Originally Posted by St Chalet View Post
    Agreed they were both great for us and certainly with out Ronald we wouldn't of got mane,pelle,Virgil or dusan

RK and Poch dream team

Quote Originally Posted by sambosa75 View Post
    Our (Mané's) latter season form papered over some pretty considerable cracks in my opinion.
    So you're basically saying "Because we improved and had a good second half of the season, it made the season look good."

Who would welcome either of them back.

Quote Originally Posted by Toomer View Post
    Who would welcome either of them back.
    100% yes

Puel will demonstrate that he is a better manager. Give it time

Would take MoPo back in a heartbeat. For me the most promising manager we've had.

26. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Raging Bull View Post
    Would take MoPo back in a heartbeat. For me the most promising manager we've had.
    Fcker threw the Sunderland game and has won fck all despite us having world beating players and winning every game with flare.

27. Default

Quote Originally Posted by whelk View Post
    Fcker threw the Sunderland game and has won fck all despite us having world beating players and winning every game with flare.
    ...what?

I'm not sure how a team full of superstars used to the tika taka style of football would react to the MoPo high pressing game, and his intensive high-energy training regime. I'd love to see either of our exes go there, if only to read the indignant reactions on Spurs/Everton forums.

29. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Albert View Post
    I'm not sure how a team full of superstars used to the tika taka style of football would react to the MoPo high pressing game, and his intensive high-energy training regime. I'd love to see either of our exes go there, if only to read the indignant reactions on Spurs/Everton forums.
    Given Barcelona are still the high pressing team I think they'd manage.

Quote Originally Posted by DuncanRG View Post
    Given Barcelona are still the high pressing team I think they'd manage.
    I'd pay to see the look on Messi's face when MoPo instructs him to do late afternoon extra sprinting sessions.

31. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Pamplemousse View Post
    Puel will demonstrate that he is a better manager. Give it time
    He's had 19 years

Quote Originally Posted by Raging Bull View Post
    I get the impression Les would take MoPo back in a heartbeat too. After we lost Koeman there was a lot of talk about what we want to achieve, and a lot of referencing back to Pochettino's time. He may have left the club in a slightly underhand way which left a bad taste, especially as he went to Tottenham, but he was undoubtedly an excellent (maybe even perfect) fit for the way the club operates.

33. Default

Will never forget that cup game at Sunderland. That was all MoPo, we were utterly shocking.
    Remember driving home thinking what a total tool he was. No doubt he is an outstanding manager, but he went down a long way that day.
    Similar to Koeman at Shef Utd in the cup, but MoPo's decisions that day were a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    He's had 19 years
    And got inferior teams with inferior resources well into the Champions League in that time.

Commuting between Never Never Land and a Pie in the Sky
    Blog Entries

Mopo took over a spurs side that has been finishing top 5 for the past 12-13 years and has err finished top 5. Still not won a single trophy and did awful with espanyol
    Glasgow I thought you had mellowed and moved on. The whole MoPo obsession which coincided with your banning was a dark chapter in your history. You're better than that pal.

Not sure how much I'd be laughing about this, pretty sure the first thing Koeman will do is try and sign VVD.

Quote Originally Posted by RobM View Post
    And got inferior teams with inferior resources well into the Champions League in that time.
    In an inferior league though.

Mopo took over a spurs side that has been finishing top 5 for the past 12-13 years and has err finished top 5. Still not won a single trophy and did awful with espanyol.
    And Koeman's going to land Everton a top 7 finish, which as you've been telling everyone repeatedly, is what they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Millbrook Saint View Post
    Not sure how much I'd be laughing about this, pretty sure the first thing Koeman will do is try and sign VVD.
    If you assume he's off at somepoint anyway i'd rather it was Barca than to a team in our league. I'm also pretty sure we'd get a better fee from them than most other sides too.

40. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Albert View Post
    I'd pay to see the look on Messi's face when MoPo instructs him to do late afternoon extra sprinting sessions.
    Messi works really, really hard, man. They all do at Barca!

PS saying you'd take Pochettino back is like saying you'd "take" Ancelotti or Guardiola or Mourinho. The guy is one of the best.

Barcalona are a wonderful side but Messi is an all time great, when he hangs up his boots he will be hard to replace.

42. Default

Quote Originally Posted by ErwinK1961 View Post
    And Koeman's going to land Everton a top 7 finish, which as you've been telling everyone repeatedly, is what they are.
    He will, he is and they are.

43. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Millbrook Saint View Post
    Having watched them on TV the other night, they could do with not only VvD but a complete back four by the look of it!

He will, he is and they are.
    So no better than MoPo then.

It was probably Koeman's career plan to go to a big club, preferably Barcelona or Arsenal, at what he expected to be the completion of a highly successful 3-year contract with Saints. I don't think any of us realistically expected him to stay here for any longer than that. If the club had made it clear they were happy with that, I guess he would have stayed until the end of this season. Would we have done any better? It's hard to say. The new contract he has with Everton has presented him with a bit more of an obstacle. He may feel he has to stay there for at least another year.

46. Default

Quote Originally Posted by ErwinK1961 View Post
    So no better than MoPo then.
    Koeman has won more as player and manager.

Koeman would probably get the nod ahead of Mopo (for Barcelona) based on his history with the club too

For me Mopo is definitely on the high potential list, however until he starts to win trophies id be surprised if Barca took a gamble.

Koeman has won more as player and manager.

Koeman would probably get the nod ahead of Mopo (for Barcelona) based on his history with the club too

For me Mopo is definitely on the high potential list, however until he starts to win trophies id be surprised if Barca took a gamble.
    Each to there own. If it was a straight choice between the two, I'd have MoPo all day long.

48. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Nordic Saint View Post
    The new contract he has with Everton has presented him with a bit more of an obstacle. He may feel he has to stay there for at least another year.
    No chance of him staying if Barcelona come calling. He's wanted that job his whole managerial career.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Duckhunter View Post
    No chance of him staying if Barcelona come calling. He's wanted that job his whole managerial career.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No way he will leave Everton, they are a top 7 club dontcha know..... Massive