Ronald Koeman Joins Everton - CONFIRMED

Jimmy_D

Disagree. Keep them coming. I haven't laughed as much in a long while. Why spoil the fun? It makes a change having another delusional set of fans to laugh at. (Yes, I know we have the equally tinpot Pompey fans to fall back on, but...)

Definitely

Sent from my HUAWEI GRA-L09 using Tapatalk

Whilst I don't really truly understand Koeman's decision to go to Everton apart from the money, there are things that can be read between the lines about what direction Les wanted to go in and how Koeman would have known he had to take an opportunity elsewhere. I am gutted he is leaving as he is a big character in football but I can't hate him as there are always two sides to any story and he has just overseen two very important seasons in our history.

What I am more interested in now he has gone is who replaces him and whether we can get our man in good time for preseason and not allow players (and their agents) to get twitchy.

This forum's very own superstar MLG has been on a major Celtic forum telling them how big we are/were, I believe it was last summer and it was linked to on here.

One of the reasons he gave was the fact that we have been in eleven major cup semi finals in our history.

He makes the Everton "we invented dug-outs" list-kid on this thread look nearly sane.

lol

Re the reoccurring theme of Evertons History

Corinthian Casuals the Wanderers and the Royal Engineers have a similar history to Evertons list above. Other clubs with history are Preston Wolves and Leeds, history doesn't do any of them any favors today.

The argument that history makes you bigger better more influential etc is akin to Greece, Egypt, Mesopotamia or Peru claiming they are currently bigger and better than the USA because they have thousands of years of history with a list of outstanding achievements such as first laws, first wheel , first zero etc

Does Evertons history give them a 10 point start In the league?

This world is about the survival of the fittest in the here and now and football is no different and however you measure it we are currently fitter than Everton

Edited by Saint Without a Halo

Hello lads. Thanks for letting us have Ronald.

Who's up for a good old FFP discussion?

I am, but I'll post it on my blog once things are more settled. Your club's spending plans do raise some FFP issues.

I hope the media reports that Reed didn't even ask for a non-poaching clause in the Koeman release agreement are untrue. Because if they are, we can say goodbye to Van Dijk and any other of our players Everton want, as well as any transfer targets we had lined up for this summer.

Nordic, why not grow a pair?

That's the question you should be asking Reed, my favourite stalker. By the way, congratulations on your excellent reaction time to my posts, my little angel. You must be waiting all night for my first post with your finger poised.

That's the question you should be asking Reed, my favourite stalker.

???

By the way, congratulations on your excellent reaction time to my posts, my little angel. You must be waiting all night for my first post with your finger poised.

???????

You been on the sauce to help you with your melt??

I hope the media reports that Reed didn't even ask for a non-poaching clause in the Koeman release agreement are untrue. Because if they are, we can say goodbye to Van Dijk and any other of our players Everton want, as well as any transfer targets we had lined up for this summer.

Re current players Why would we? if they want to continue paying silly money well above our valuations they can have who they want

Re future players no such clause would be legal

Whilst I don't really truly understand Koeman's decision to go to Everton apart from the money, there are things that can be read between the lines about what direction Les wanted to go in and how Koeman would have known he had to take an opportunity elsewhere. I am gutted he is leaving as he is a big character in football but I can't hate him as there are always two sides to any story and he has just overseen two very important seasons in our history.

What I am more interested in now he has gone is who replaces him and whether we can get our man in good time for preseason and not allow players (and their agents) to get twitchy.

I would add his choice of Everton as one more example of his weird decisions.

Corinthian Casuals the Wanderers and the Royal Engineers have a similar history to Evertons list above. Other clubs with history are Preston Wolves and Leeds, history doesn't do any of them any favors today.

The argument that history makes you bigger better more influential etc is akin to Greece, Egypt, Mesopotamia or Peru claiming they are currently bigger and better than the USA because they have thousands of years of history with a list of outstanding achievements such as first laws, first wheel , first zero etc

This world is about the survival of the fittest in the here and now and football is no different and however you measure it we are currently fitter than Everton

The thing about history is that it's all in the past.

Over.

Done.

Dead.

Gone.

They'd have to spend an outrageous amount on VvD after he just signed a what, 5 year deal with us? It's not like Koeman can just stroll back into SMS and bag up the talent he wants, it won't be quite so easy as that.

The point about Koeman seeing all our plans and transfer targets is a good one though. The snake was shown everything by Saints and he now has all that knowledge to take to Everton so that's annoying. Doesn't mean those targets would rather join them though... a Europe League campaign at a club moving upwards season upon season, or a mid-table battle with a club on the way down?

But I fully understand Everton's ambition to become a top six premier league club. I also fully understand why we don't need to share that ambition.

Can't see Everton breaking into the top 6 in the next 5 years. The sort of player they'd need to attract just won't want to join them.They,re the 4th biggest club in the north west with the 4th best manager. Man City will offer more money, champions league football and Pep. Man United can offer European football and Jose. Liverpool have proved last year they can perform in Europe, can offer the chance to work with Klopp and as it is apparently so important, a far greater history than Everton. and all of that is before mentioning the clubs that can offer the big city life in London that Everton will have to compete against in Arsenal, Chelsea and Spurs.

If they'd had a big investment 10 years ago, Everton could have transformed themselves into a club the size of Chelsea and Spurs. Not a massive club, but one that can push for titles and regularly compete in Europe. They didn't so have fallen back into the next group of clubs, West Ham, Southampton, Stoke. We're clubs that don't have the big money (£100m will be nothing to the big clubs this summer). We have 2 choices in the transfer market. We can either go for big names who have never hit the top (Shaquiri, Bojan, Afellay) or we can set up a scouting system that looks across the world for hidden talents waiting to be unearthed that nobody has taken a gamble on before. The former option is easier but will cost you more in wages and you have to question why it hasn't worked for these players before despite their obvious talent. The latter option involves more risk and takes time to build the network that will make sure you are making the right decisions but when it works, you can find some real gems (mane, payet etc.).

To go and spend as much as they have on a manager hints that Everton will choose the former option in their hunt for instant success. Southampton are the opposite, we've created a system where the manager of the first team isn't so important that we can't afford to let him go (if we'd matched Everton's offer he'd probably have stayed). We've got a structure where we can bring someone else into the fold with minimum effort, something that could and probably would if it weren't for the pr gaffes, been seamless.

When Cortese and Liebherr first came in, they spoke about 'The Southampton Way', creating a playing style that we would become known for but it's become more than that, it's a culture that's been created where the club is more important than one or two individuals who will come and go. Everton have proved with this appointment that they are willing to throw money at problems to try and solve them. I'd rather do things 'The Southampton Way' than risk the future of my football club.

A very good and well reasoned post.

Posted this before but I'm not sure it's at all legal to do this from an employment law point of view. Are there any examples if it happening previously? Ps I'm nothing like a lawyer!

Talking with Adam Blackmore on Twitter it appears Ron sacked his agent because he wanted (the agent) to push De Boer for he Everton job and Ron wanted it. Make of that what you will

Now I am getting confused. I thought that Ron's new agent was also De Boer's agent?

Posted this before but I'm not sure it's at all legal to do this from an employment law point of view. Are there any examples if it happening previously? Ps I'm nothing like a lawyer!

I think a gentleman's agreement can be sorted out between clubs. One such was in place when Brenda left Swansea and involved Joe Allen. An approach from Liverpool was only able to made if a club competing in the Champions League came in for him. Spuds made such an approach to Swansea in 2011 which then allowed Brenda to seal the deal. Convenient or what.

I think a gentleman's agreement can be sorted out between clubs. One such was in place when Brenda left Swansea and involved Joe Allen. An approach from Liverpool was only able to made if a club competing in the Champions League came in for him. Spuds made such an approach to Swansea in 2011 which then allowed Brenda to seal the deal. Convenient or what.

I see this as different. In this case the agreement effects the individual that signs it so can see it sticking. With this example something signed by Ron and the club or the two clubs will potentially impact the career opportunities of other people. Dunno but think it could be worthless and the fact it never happene makes me wonder

Talking with Adam Blackmore on Twitter it appears Ron sacked his agent because he wanted (the agent) to push De Boer for he Everton job and Ron wanted it. Make of that what you will

So what we are looking at is:

Ronald spends two years in telling us what an honorable man he is and that he always honours a contract. A week after the last time he says so he fires his agent cause he wants RDB as a manager for Everton and not Koeman. We are talking about Everton, a club far away the top and to be honest 100M will not take them long as the premium on the top players are very high at the moment.

For me he rise to the top of the Judas list. Far ahead of Lallana, Lovren and Poch. He is a simple liar and a hypocrite.

It's quite common to have a clause in a contract (restrictive covenant) saying that you can't go off and work for a competitor for a limited period. How easy it is to enfoce them is open to question.

I'm disappointed more than anything in Koeman's actions as I naively thought he was a man of his word and would at least see out his contract. But I thank him for giving us two excellent years, and although I can't wish him well I don't hate him either and hope he doesn't get too much of a bumpy reception on his return. If he wasn't going to stay beyond next summer anyway then a parting of the ways now is best for all concerned, with the bonus for Saints of a tidy little compensation package to boot. Tbh I am not as devastated as I was when Adkins or Poch left, maybe that says something or maybe I am just used to regular change, and recognise that this great club of ours is on an upward trajectory regardless of who the manager is!

Glad you don't want VVD......... Not another one to the Everton massive.......

Honestly mate just do one - as has been said before you are the only clubs fans that has come on here giving it some. Small time, Chip on your shoulder, Bin dipping, We are a massive club ******s

Yeah, they sound just like a bunch of ... f**tb*** cl*b sup***ers.

We should not be getting Twitchy back under any circumstances.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/everton-considering-brighton-defender-lewis-8137195

Everton's latest transfer target :lol::lol::lol::lol:

http://www.evertonfc.com/news/2016/06/08/what-the-papers-say-8-june

And the funny thing is they genuinely post these stories on their OS :lol:

I can't wait for them to smash the glass ceiling into a thousand pieces with Scott Dann and Dunk at the heart of it all :lol:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/everton-considering-brighton-defender-lewis-8137195

I can't wait for them to smash the glass ceiling into a thousand pieces with Scott Dann and Dunk at the heart of it all :lol:

Lewis Dunk, Scott Dann, Michael Keane. It's the dream.

So what we are looking at is:

Ronald spends two years in telling us what an honorable man he is and that he always honours a contract. A week after the last time he says so he fires his agent cause he wants RDB as a manager for Everton and not Koeman. We are talking about Everton, a club far away the top and to be honest 100M will not take them long as the premium on the top players are very high at the moment.

For me he rise to the top of the Judas list. Far ahead of Lallana, Lovren and Poch. He is a simple liar and a hypocrite.

I expect Agent A was duty bound to inform Ron of the Everton interest as he was their number one target, however it is pointed out to Ron by Agent A that there is a career path to Holland/Barcelona by staying with Saints. Negotiations progress with Les, Ron and Agent A and all of a sudden Ron is made aware of the wages on offer at Everton and shouts in his best Jerry Maguire "Show Me The Money!" Agent A questions whether the move, money aside, is in the best interests of Ron's career goals. Ron gets shirty, bins Agent A, signs up with Agent B - who mysteriously has done a lot of work to get everything in order for Ron already - and the rest history.

I wouldn't be surprised that the Holland job is available around Christmas 2017 or the Barcelona job within 2 years and Ron will be off quicker than you can say 'Bindipper'.

All IMHO of course

*takes off tinfoil hat*

It's no wonder Koeman left no way could saints match that sort of ambition...

Or maybe Agent A also took RK at his word and that he would see out his contract at SFC, so instead turned to another of his clients who was out of a job to fill the vacancy at EFC.

To summarise: Agent A has missed out on a big payday.

To summarise: Agent A has missed out on a big payday.

Has he though? Short term yes, but in the long run, if you **** over too many people, it tends to come back and bite you. Having said that, this is football that we are talking about, so morals and ethics don't really apply.

Or maybe Agent A also took RK at his word and that he would see out his contract at SFC, so instead turned to another of his clients who was out of a job to fill the vacancy at EFC.

I would love to hear from Agent A just for his thoughts and to get his side of the story.

this is why I suggested harsh penalties on everton, say if they activated the clause, they are fully allowed to, but it would activate further, punitive compensation for koeman's release.

activate a release clause? you owe us the same again for koeman.

Pretty much impossible, we have had a few staff poached by customers for no compensation, advised that chasing the issue was a waste of time.

If any of our players want to move to another club before the end of their fixed term contract we can impose whatever we want. They would be free to accept or stay put. If we want to impose a nobody goes to Everton rule then nobody will go to Everton unless they're on a Bosman.

"Bascombe worked at the Liverpool Echo for seven years, whilst there he won Sports Writer of the Year in the North West for five successive years.[2] He is also the recipient of the 'Merseyside Journalist of the Year' and the 'Sports Journalist of the Year' award at the Merseyside Media Network Journalism Award.[3] He was presented the award by Bill Kenwright."

Anything to belittle saints is fact or 'hard to argue' against for you it seems. It's just someone's opinion. Having to spend absolute fortunes to convince Southampton's manager to join you doesn't make a big club in my eyes. You can write it off as bias, but within that I'm saying Southampton aren't a big club either. Everton aren't the first club to get a big cash injection and won't be the last. There isn't room for everyone to succeed and win trophies each season.

Not just me then, he does hunt those sort of "facts" like a bloodhound...