Saints announce Virgin Media as new main club sponsor

Saint-Armstrong

• 1 year later...
With the surprising timing for this announcement, i wonder if we'll be playing in next seasons strip on Sunday...

With the timing of that announcement then, no. Not a chance.

It might have been possible if we were to have the same shirt sponsor but given we haven't then we aren't going to have a new shirt with Virgin Media on the front for one game and Virgin Media have paid to be our shirt sponsor for all games this season so wouldn't allow a shirt with new sponsor to be worn for last game.

Chinese sports company on shirts.

One of these....?

http://www.chinawhisper.com/top-10-china-sports-brands/

1. Li Ning 李宁

2. Anta 安踏

3. 361°

4. PEAK 匹克

5. ERKE 鸿星尔克

6. Qiaodan 乔丹

7. Xtep 特步

8. Kbird 贵人鸟

9. Kinglike 金莱克

10. Deerway 德尔惠

EDIT #1: from a quick scan of the above companies, PEAK seem to be the one most into sport sponsorship, football (soccer) in particular.... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peak_Sport_Products

EDIT #2: Xtep have previous involvement in premier league sponsorship with Birmingham City.... didn't seem to end too well.... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xtep

On 18 January 2010, Xtep released a press statement confirming they had secured a five-year kit sponsorship deal worth around £7m with English Premier League club Birmingham City. Birmingham's vice chairman Peter Pannu hailed the deal as "the biggest sponsorship the club has acquired" and stated that "Xtep are big players in the sportswear market in China and this partnership will expand the Birmingham City FC brand in the Far East."

On 22 July 2011, Xtep announced a five-year cooperation agreement with Spanish La Liga club Villarreal CF for a kit sponsorship deal.

The Birmingham City deal was scrapped in June 2012, however, after disputes over supply problems and unauthorised use of the club's intellectual property by Xtep.

Edited by trousers

Don’t think they all have as much money now Glasgow has been hitting them hard

Rumor has it that after cleaning up after the European games, Heissy is restoring the Notre Dame and having it relocated to Govan.

Edited by OttawaSaint

these comments are quite frankly, ridiculous.

Why? Many think it is not a great message. Feature in news just now about Kenyan kids addicted to Bet365.

They clamour for advertising space as premier league is perfect global stage.

Why? Many think it is not a great message. Feature in news just now about Kenyan kids addicted to Bet365.

They clamour for advertising space as premier league is perfect global stage.

nothing said about betting adverts round the pitch, in the program, have betting outlets in the ground.

but a logo on the shirt...no way man

nothing said about betting adverts round the pitch, in the program, have betting outlets in the ground.

As opposed to having the logo of some oriental matchfixers blazoned across every adult and child’s chest?

Who is isolating it to say it is only an issue on shirts? It is everywhere and there is a reason for that.

Indeed. I’ve just read that Chelsea and Arsenal are getting 6,000 tickets each or the Europa final. That’s it, the rest of the ground - corporate.

UEFA and FIFA have actually got worse.

Indeed. I’ve just read that Chelsea and Arsenal are getting 6,000 tickets each or the Europa final. That’s it, the rest of the ground - corporate.

Also down to the place they picked for final can only handle 15.000 foreign visitors in its airport [emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Because many like a flutter?

Because they want to attract people full in the knowledge that they know there will be a percentage of addicts or any new customers.

All marketed as lads having banter in pub but also serious underlying addiction issue when you look into.

I must be missing something, where does it say on those Sfc tweets that Virgin will only be sleeve sponsor's?,

The deal, which runs until the end of the 2021/22 season, will see Virgin Media remain as the sleeve sponsor of the first-team shirt. Its logo will also appear on the sleeve of Southampton’s Under-18 and Under-23 men’s sides.

The deal, which runs until the end of the 2021/22 season, will see Virgin Media remain as the sleeve sponsor of the first-team shirt. Its logo will also appear on the sleeve of Southampton’s Under-18 and Under-23 men’s sides.

Cheers, don't have twitter so was a bit confused.

I don't think I said anywhere that I was fine with having betting adverts round the pitch and in the programme.

I appreciate that you can probably find something 'wrong' with all kinds of sponsors, but the reason I'm not keen any betting companies is because it's becoming increasingly the norm to link football with betting, and it seems to be overlooked that people have serious problems with it in the same way as people do with other banned advertising like alcohol. I mean, just look at Heisenberg, he can't tear himself away from his account.