Which other STH feel shafted? Just say Me or No

fanimal

From singing 'theres only one Ronald Koeman', to the big final wave last game, to the incredible personalise email from Ron saying he was looking forward to us cheering him on after renewing our season tickets, then on to the video from Les Reed saying everything was rosy in the garden!

taken for a fool or what??

From singing 'theres only one Ronald Koeman', to the big final wave last game, to the incredible personalise email from Ron saying he was looking forward to us cheering him on after renewing our season tickets, then on to the video from Les Reed saying everything was rosy in the garden!

I think I know which pic is coming.....................

None of it rang true to me so I'm not surprised.

Water off a ducks back. I come to expect this sort of thing every summer now. Wouldn't miss a good Saturday afternoon down SMS because of it though.

Edited by doddisalegend

No. They are all mercenaries - players and managers alike. I just love going to the matches with my boy. I didn't watch the video nor did I take any notice of the "honourable/honesty" bull**** he came out with. I'll join in with the stick when he returns but only because of the fun factor. He's now dead to me just like dozens of others before him and just like the dozens more to follow. The only thing that annoys me is that mugs like us are paying his inflated salary via SH, Sky etc.

He probably thought he would still be here, then got the everton offer of silly money and thought yeah why not. Maybe it was combined with a lack of ambition from saints, maybe it wasn't, we'll find out. But I don't see he's done anything wrong. Just one of those things.

This....

.......No Ronald Koeman,

now there's no Ronald Koeman,

No Ronald Koeman ......no more Ronald Koeman

........hope we sign a manager whose name can fit the melody......:D

Not at all.

You can't go through life thinking that people are just stringing you along. That is the worst basis of a relationship. You really do have to take a man at his word, and really, given all what has been said in public by RK, why would you not?? It would presumably be the case that Les also did, as reinforced by discussions that the two had had. Why do so many think it the club's fault that he is going? Me I see EFC coming in and waving a fistful of dollars under RK's nose, and he has taken it. They wanted their man, so offered an amount that they knew we would not match, and voila he's off. The last thing I do is blame the club. Even if he had signed an extension, Everton could still come in, wave the wonga and RK would be off, it just might have meant more compensation. If that was the concern, then maybe we should have done a NUFC and signed him on to an 8 year contract. Do you think that would have been better? Not that he would have accepted that.

Still remember the Harry and Jim song ringing around SMS? I do. Not worried too much about losing Koeman - I am concerned about the replacement, although Les seems to have a knack for picking the right man. I hope it's the De Boer/Berkcamp combo...would be a statement...but hey ho.

Still remember the Harry and Jim song ringing around SMS? I do. Not worried too much about losing Koeman - I am concerned about the replacement, although Les seems to have a knack for picking the right man. I hope it's the De Boer/Berkcamp combo...would be a statement...but hey ho.

Which is the bigger statement in this country - FDB or Bergkamp? And if they did come here and do a good job, then in a couple of years, they could be primed for the Arsenal job. That would be ironic.

Clubs show absolutely no loyalty to managers or players when they reach the end of their shelf-life. See Adkins, Hammond, Joos, Sharp etc. for all the people we chopped when getting to the promised land and deeming they weren't good enough for us. It's football, it happens. I couldn't give a flying f*ck and I look forward to the new manager and players.

Not at all.

You can't go through life thinking that people are just stringing you along. That is the worst basis of a relationship. You really do have to take a man at his word, and really, given all what has been said in public by RK, why would you not?? It would presumably be the case that Les also did, as reinforced by discussions that the two had had. Why do so many think it the club's fault that he is going? Me I see EFC coming in and waving a fistful of dollars under RK's nose, and he has taken it. They wanted their man, so offered an amount that they knew we would not match, and voila he's off. The last thing I do is blame the club. Even if he had signed an extension, Everton could still come in, wave the wonga and RK would be off, it just might have meant more compensation. If that was the concern, then maybe we should have done a NUFC and signed him on to an 8 year contract. Do you think that would have been better? Not that he would have accepted that.

If the club took the man at his word, yet like you they knew that if offered an amount more than the club would match, you wouldn't take him at his word at all, and would have some plans for that eventuality... which, after the Pochettino experience, I expect they have. Hopefully this time they'll move quickly enough to help prevent a third haemorrhage of players, and get in a decent pre-season.

No. I buy my ST to watch Saints, whatever that looks like.

Hardly a surprise that we've lost another key player when we keep overachieving with our recruitment at lower rates.

If the club took the man at his word, yet like you they knew that if offered an amount more than the club would match, you wouldn't take him at his word at all, and would have some plans for that eventuality... which, after the Pochettino experience, I expect they have. Hopefully this time they'll move quickly enough to help prevent a third haemorrhage of players, and get in a decent pre-season.

They had a shortlist during the Pochettino situation too, I read some of that thread last week.