Ronald Koeman breaks silence, sends tweet...and the response isn't pretty

Maggie May

I've managed to keep my women and for the past 20 odd years, have not added to the ex column.

I was on a course with a guy from Rotterdam recently and didn't understand his ambivalent attitude to Koeman. Now I do unfortunately.We value honesty, integrity and commitment. That's why we're the Saints. Naive maybe, but I'm sure there's several posters that recognise this. Koeman doesn't, he's a winner of course. Which means loyalty and strategy in the long term count for nothing, it's about short term gain. Good luck Ron, but you ain't no Saint and never will be now, you've made your bed, now lie in it. We thought you were better, never mind, we march on, enjoy the culture of the new enriched bin dippers you might find it close to the last club you were sacked from. Please feel free to blog your response if you have a shred of honour left...

For a short time it would be interesting to see a poll conducted as to the most despised departee.....Pochettino or Koeman; given the recency of Koeman's defection and his much proclaimed intention to see out his contract, I'd guess big Ronald would get the greater numbers.

For a short time it would be interesting to see a poll conducted as to the most despised departee.....Pochettino or Koeman; given the recency of Koeman's defection and his much proclaimed intention to see out his contract, I'd guess big Ronald would get the greater numbers.

What ever respect I had for Koeman has long gone out of the window after the number of time's he publicly stated that he would honour his contract as much as I hate Spurs Pochettino promised us nothing.

All linked to his Mirror column so likely to be his PR team and not him. How he has gone up in the world!

I can see he'll probably have some success with his column. I can see he'll sell a lot of decent column inches in the mirror and just as they develop the column into a world beating inside to football.........he'll join the sun.

I can see he'll probably have some success with his column. I can see he'll sell a lot of decent column inches in the mirror and just as they develop the column into a world beating inside to football.........he'll join the sun.

It's all about ambition innit!!

Surely there can be no connection between him joining The Mirror and them being the main source of information, sorry rumours, sorry I mean sh!t stirring about him going to Neverton in the first place?

Now that certainly would be interesting if he is with Everton as morals versus money would come to a quick head given the Sun is not bought there

What ever respect I had for Koeman has long gone out of the window after the number of time's he publicly stated that he would honour his contract as much as I hate Spurs Pochettino promised us nothing.

Out of interest, is everybody absolutely certain that Koeman walked out on us? We sacked pards, we sacked nigel, poch definitely left. Am I the only one who thinks this might have been a board decision, with the thinking being that a different manager could take us to the next level of CL and they already had prospects in mind? As people keep pointing out, ron repeatedly stated that he would honour his contract. Maybe he was prepared to do that?

Out of interest, is everybody absolutely certain that Koeman walked out on us? We sacked pards, we sacked nigel, poch definitely left. Am I the only one who thinks this might have been a board decision, with the thinking being that a different manager could take us to the next level of CL and they already had prospects in mind? As people keep pointing out, ron repeatedly stated that he would honour his contract. Maybe he was prepared to do that?

And we got Everton to pay us £5m to sack him.

Plenty of rumours about that he was told sign the extension or go

IF - and this is a big IF - that's true, I really hope it's because there is a solid, financed and committed plan to keep our progression going and which needs a committed manager behind it. If so, it's right to give him that ultimatum.

Whilst I don't think the board sacked him, I think they were not prepared to let him see out the final year of this contract, so basically he either extended it or we replaced him. I think Koeman's plan all along was to do the 3 years then move to Barca/Arsenal/Holland, whereas the board want someone for the long term project.

Hence why they weren't probably too bothered about him going to Everton as they probably suspected he was never going to agree to the extension.

They've clearly been preparing for a replacement probably since our bad run mid season.

Whilst I don't think the board sacked him, I think they were not prepared to let him see out the final year of this contract, so basically he either extended it or we replaced him. I think Koeman's plan all along was to do the 3 years then move to Barca/Arsenal/Holland, whereas the board want someone for the long term project.

Hence why they weren't probably too bothered about him going to Everton as they probably suspected he was never going to agree to the extension.

They've clearly been preparing for a replacement probably since our bad run mid season.

This is the weird thing with all those rumours and leaks recently.

If Saints wanted rid of Koeman so badly, why were they also offering him new terms and an extended contract?

New Tweet from Ronald on how pleased he is to take on Everton and their great history

I am very excited to be @Everton manager. I believe in our ability to achieve things with the Club, team and fans in the future. #everton

Good luck changing the fans :D

If Saints wanted rid of Koeman so badly, why were they also offering him new terms and an extended contract?

They didn't want rid of him so badly.

They probably appreciated he was doing a good job overall but there were aspects they were concerned about

They offered him a new extension and terms to measure the truth of his commitment they did not want a lame duck manager this year leaving after 12 months

commit properly or move on is a very credible scenario and probably the most likely

Whether he was delaying to get a better deal and ran out of time and tested SFCs patience we will never know

However it is clear SFC did not want a manager who was leaving anyway in 12 months time