Euro 2016

Batman

And still some of our fans have to throw chairs and bottles, feckin idiots.

If faced with that choice or having a metal bar whacked across your head, it's an easy choice to make.

Get a grip you big ponce. Russian Cnts

Ok, so it's fine then to throw objects, then it all escalates and we get kicked out of the competition. There is no need for them to throw anything, you can see the staff trying their best to keep the Russians away.

No worries. As I said, looked a good technical player, physically not really quick but covered a lot of ground and looked strong enough to physically cope in England.

Played in the 10 role. Clever passer.

Yep looked good - you don't need to be quick physically just mentally.

How do you know what had gone on before the 30sec vid? You don't and neither do I do best not make judgements on stuff you know fook all about.

It's a forum mate, I'll make whatever judgements I like, but feel free to disagree of course.

Nonsense, the Russians are about 20 yards away. Would have to be a bloody long metal bar.

Don't be so naive mate. I saw it first hand. They didnt think twice about attacking anybody, woman included. It's a fact that some English over the weekend had no choice but to try and attack back, not all, but some. They'd have been killed otherwise.

Ok, so it's fine then to throw objects, then it all escalates and we get kicked out of the competition. There is no need for them to throw anything, you can see the staff trying their best to keep the Russians away.

UEFA have never punished a nation for trouble that's happened outside a stadium. They'll leave that to the police to prosecute individuals. That's why the only punishment handed out from Marseille was to the Russians for their behaviour in the stadium. We won't be kicked out of the tournament.

Don't be so naive mate. I saw it first hand. They didnt think twice about attacking anybody, woman included. It's a fact that some English over the weekend had no choice but to try and attack back, not all, but some. They'd have been killed otherwise.

You're talking about something else, I'm talking about that video.

You telling me you wouldn't want to see a bottle lump into that Russian cnt with the balaclava and knock him out?

And fck UEFA they can do what they want which is generally fck all.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3641415/Russian-ultras-attack-English-Welsh-fans-Lille-hyper-violent-thugs-ignore-UEFA-threat-ban-country-Euro-2016.html

Take a look at this , the guy is the brown t shirt and denim shorts with white trainers (english or welsh fan ) sitting having a beer minding his own business , clearly trying to stay out of it with a Russian looney bunging a chair in front of him .

Look further down the Pics ....he is spark out on his back ....sorry this is wrong

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3641415/Russian-ultras-attack-English-Welsh-fans-Lille-hyper-violent-thugs-ignore-UEFA-threat-ban-country-Euro-2016.html

Take a look at this , the guy is the brown t shirt and denim shorts with white trainers (english or welsh fan ) sitting having a beer minding his own business , clearly trying to stay out of it with a Russian looney bunging a chair in front of him .

Look further down the Pics ....he is spark out on his back ....sorry this is wrong

You're right, I don't disagree with you at all. There was clearly more to it than I first thought.

These Russian Ultras; presumably they needed visas to get to France, (or Schengen via Germany/Poland?) in which case they must be known to the Russian officials, and then must be on CCTV crossing into Europe if by aircraft, in contrast to English, Welsh, Irish etc who could all travel freely to France. So much blame attached to the Russians and to the border control into Europe from Russia.

having worked in Russia and holidayed in Kemer (Turkey) full of them, then had to put up with them buying property near ours in Spain I can say with good first hand experience they are not nice people, even when not paramilitary hooligans.

What an ungracious pr ick.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36535204

Agreed, but some of what he says is true. There were times Iceland had the opportunity to play it about and even create some space moving forward but just blasted it long.

I understand that mindset in qualifiers or friendlies, where a draw against a top nation is a good result - but you're at the finals. If you don't give everything to win, what's the point in being there?

If you don't give everything to win, what's the point in being there?

The point is that they're a country with a population of 330k. As the Guardian pointed out, 10% of their entire population was in that stadium last night. They got a point against Portugal (world's #8 / population > 10m). Why risk losing a historic and unexpected point? To please Ronaldo? True, a win would have been even more historic, but I can totally understand their ecstasy and attitude.

Agreed, but some of what he says is true. There were times Iceland had the opportunity to play it about and even create some space moving forward but just blasted it long.

I understand that mindset in qualifiers or friendlies, where a draw against a top nation is a good result - but you're at the finals. If you don't give everything to win, what's the point in being there?

They're giving everything to get through. That means taking fewer risks against the best team in the group and securing a point which Hungary and Austria might not get.