Euro 2016

Batman

Really glad the Welsh have gone out. I lived and worked around the world for over 20 years and never encountered so much anti English racism than when I lived there. Bye bye Welsh. Had a good old drink celebrating your demise tonight.

Being Welsh here is so dull by comparison. pmsl thing.

Schneiderlin remains, warming the bench.

So for all the defectors who left us for 'Greater things' (money) Jose and Cedric remain and are in the Euro Finals.Like others I hope they return with winners medals.Great performance from both of them tonight.What a reception they're going to get on their return to St Mary's.

The old racism what is a race debate. If someone burnt down a polish persons house and daubed 'poles not welcome here' would we consider that the act of a racist?

Used to happen in Wales in 80s

On holiday in Wales as a family , we walked into the pub for lunch , they were talking in English as we walked in then as soon as they realised we were English changed to welsh . I thought that this was just an urban myth but it turned out to be true ! No big deal but not exactly welcoming .

We should snap that Grieseman bloke up for 10m.

Should do it as we have that French connection now.

Don't toy with me. No way is he available for £10M?!

He would be the perfect Mane replacement, an ideal No10. Pair him with Pelle and we would win the league.

I'd go up to £35M purchase price and pay £70k wages. Would that secure him? Come on, Puel, get him in.

Interesting line:

In November 2012, Griezmann was suspended, along with 4 other youth players, from France's national teams until 31 December 2013 for disciplinary reasons regarding a late night out before training.[59] During this time, he considered switching allegiance to his ancestral Portugal.[4]

[h=3]Oh by the way, Atletico paid €30M for him, so we are gonna need to find some euros down the back of the sofa. :)[/h]

So France vs Portugal.....might have 2 euro winners in our squad by Monday. France look fragile at times and perhaps Portugal have the players needed to exploit that.

Portugal look like typical major tournament winners, awful at the start, barely qualify and then get progressively better, how many times have we seen the Italians do that! Mind you playing José and Cedric has certainly helped them improve.

Edited by Window Cleaner

Well chuffed for Cedric and Fonte. According to Tyldesley even if Portugal go on to win the cup they won't go home to a better reception than what Wales will get when they go home. Utter c***.

What a load of typical arrogant British ******.

I'm sure it will have been pointed out before, but Portugal conceded 4 goals in the three group games without Cedric and Jose in the side, and have conceded just one in the three knockout games since their inclusion in the starting 11 (which was Cedric's mistake), what an impact to have after coming into the team when the pressure is on! I like France, and there are aspects of Portugal that I don't like (Pepe), but really hoping that our boys can be victorious tonight, Jose in particular really deserves it what a pro.

Two giant egos on display coming up, Ronaldo and Clattenburg. One of them, though, does at least have talent to back it up.

Two giant egos. Two giant pots of hair gel.

On a slightly different note, and I don't know if anyone else feels this way, it bugs me a bit to see other fans copying the chants of other teams.....French crowd doing the Iceland thing. I'd be saying "get your own" were I an Icelander.

BBC managed to introduce the Portugal team with a few words about every player, plus the two left out of the back four, except........no mention of Cedric or Jose. Might not have happened if it had been two of the Man U back four but ours is a club that doesn't rate very high on the media's radar.

Ronaldo's injury a major blow to Portugal but if he does have to come off, or can't play at his normal level, it would be nice to see Portugal prove they aren't the one-man team that the media would have the viewers believe.

So far, have been impressed by how solid Jose Fonte looks.

Didn't think I'd ever find myself feeling sorry for Ronaldo.

I don't. Petulant, arrogant, unpleasant. What with the stretcher? He was running a few seconds earlier. Attention seeker to the end.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

I don't. Petulant, arrogant, unpleasant. What with the stretcher? He was running a few seconds earlier. Attention seeker to the end.

You don't have to feel sorry for him but however you look at it, the injury has changed the balance of the game but to suggest he faked the severity for the attention is not the most sensible comment I've seen so far. The decision on the stretcher would have been taken by the coaches and officials, not by the player.

You don't have to feel sorry for him but however you look at it, the injury has changed the balance of the game but to suggest he faked the severity for the attention is not the most sensible comment I've seen so far. The decision on the stretcher would have been taken by the coaches and officials, not by the player.

I'm not suggesting his injury wasn't bad enough for him to come off, but the stretcher was a bit melodramatic, whoever ordered it, as he was jogging around seconds earlier.

And at full time, walking unaided onto the pitch to encourage the team.

Edited by Shroppie