Euro 2016

Batman

Roy didnt make any changes to the starting line up from a game we didnt win (played well though)

Sterling was just as shyte that game too.

In another game we need to win, he is not going to make 4+ changes to the side.

I reckon 2 max will be made. 3 if there is a niggle with someone else

Italy v Sweden on next. Interesting game

always had a soft spot for Italy. Was 10 when Italia 90 was on

Serie A was the big league then. James Richardson's football Italia on CH4 in the early 90s etc

Something romantic football-wise seeing the Italians turn it on at a competition.

Hope they do well (bar playing us)

also, looks like Chelsea have an excellent manager coming in

You do know that Pelle is Italian don't you?

Croatia beating the Czechs and a Spain win tonight and the maximum points a team from Group D will finish 3rd with is 3 points. If Romania can't beat Albania on Sunday then the rest of the groups will know that 4 points and a 3rd place finish will mathematically seal progress.

Loads of teams will play for draws and some will even just need to avoid defeat by a certain number of goals in their final group games. Stupid format that's reduced the group stage to a complete and utter bore.

Gone a bit weird in the Croatia game. Loads of flares being thrown on the pitch by the Croatian fans.

One goes bang as a steward tries to deal with it Fighting in the stands within the Croatian section

Just a normal afternoon in the Chapel kop.

Pelle ran around like a youngster in the first match so was probably "burnt out" today plus he probably thought his goal is enough for now until the knockout stages .

Also Hart was laughing and joking with Bale during their match so letting in the free kick was probably a bit of spot fixing .

Is this Tony Pulis debut as a co-commentator? 3 mins in and already bemoaning the quality of setpieces.

#secretweapon

He's annoying the crap out of me. His insistance on saying "like I was saying" when he hadn't said anything about the point he went on to talk about.

Amazes me that people think he isn't a good player. Honestly think our fans need to learn to move on! I loved watching lallana for saints, and I love watching him for england. 2 of the best players on that pitch were our academy players. We should take pride from that and enjoy it!

265 games and 60 goals. Some people really need to get over themselves. He moved jobs ffs. To put it in perspective, he played more games than Bobby Stokes and scored more goals.

I have no doubt Hodgson would have left vardy at home if he could have got away with it.

Roy's match day selection flowchart:

1. Does he play for Liverpool and able to walk (if yes, he is in)

2. Does he play for Man Utd, Tottenham or Man City and able to walk (if no bemoan lack of talent in press conference)

3. Has the player been in the newspapers all season with lots of hype. (If yes begrudgingly put him on bench and hope they forget about him)

4. Is the player Recovering from injury from Liverpool, Man Utd, Tottenham or Man City.

5. Is the player in form and the best player for the empty position.

There's a case to be made for keeping a strong bench, with Vardy on it. Jamie Carragher wrote about it today and I think I agree. Only problem with keeping Vardy off is it probably means starting Sterling again, which really shouldn't happen. We miss Welbeck.

I have no doubt Hodgson would have left vardy at home if he could have got away with it.

2. Does he play for Man Utd, Tottenham or Man City and able to walk (if no bemoan lack of talent in press conference)

3. Has the player been in the newspapers all season with lots of hype. (If yes begrudgingly put him on bench and hope they forget about him)

4. Is the player Recovering from injury from Liverpool, Man Utd, Tottenham or Man City.

These are such myths. He's picked a young, bold squad. Besides Drinkwater for Wilshere, who do you think he should have picked?

Also worth noting he's leaving most of his Liverpool players on the bench.

Edited by DuncanRG

Got back home last night, what a brilliant week in France, particularly the win against Ukraine & the party afterwards. Its no wonder my vocal chords are shredded though!

Looking forward to flying back over to Paris on Tuesday morning from Eastleigh, I don't expect us to get the point we need against the Germans but you never know. The flip side is that the tournament will be scarred by the deaths of two of our fans this week. RIP both of them. :(

That is so accurate

Got back home last night, what a brilliant week in France, particularly the win against Ukraine & the party afterwards. Its no wonder my vocal chords are shredded though!

Looking forward to flying back over to Paris on Tuesday morning from Eastleigh, I don't expect us to get the point we need against the Germans but you never know. The flip side is that the tournament will be scarred by the deaths of two of our fans this week. RIP both of them. :(

Bumped into lots of your lot over here, top chaps all of them.