No threads about RK poaching FF?

Ohio Saint

This prospect actually has me more concerned than RK leaving!!

Can you name an example of any player that signed a 5 year extension in May and then was sold the same summer?

It just doesn't happen (certainly not to any extent where we should be worried), the club can quite rightly hold him to the recent extension and his value won't drop given he is under contract until 2021.

FF will not be leaving.

I hope you are right. I'm not normally one to panic, but it looks like Everton are heading the way of the mega millions and screw common sense...They could buy a better keeper elsewhere, but if RK is adament? Who knows.

Just how far do they think this reported £100m war-chest is going to spread ?

Bearing in mind the amount of dead wood in their squad that needs to chopped out and replaced, they probably need to set their sights a little lower than FF or Schmeicel.

Perhaps we should let them bully us into handing over Paolo.

I hope you are right. I'm not normally one to panic, but it looks like Everton are heading the way of the mega millions and screw common sense...They could buy a better keeper elsewhere, but if RK is adament? Who knows.

If they want to bid 30 million then we should sell. Otherwise he won't be going.

There have also been reports that they are after Kasper Schmeichel. Nobody really knows

Big decision for Kasper then, playing champions league or mid table mediocrity. Difficult one that.

Sent from my Hudl 2 using Tapatalk

Big decision for Kasper then, playing champions league or mid table mediocrity. Difficult one that.

Sent from my Hudl 2 using Tapatalk

IS it a difficult decision? After all EFC are a much bigger club than Leicester!! But being serious - £2m or so a year not to play CL? That sort of evens it up doesn't it?

We haven't just signed FF from Fleetwood for £1m. He is comfortably worth £20m, so to give him a £20m release clause would be madness. If he has one, it will be for a pretty hefty price.

Vardy didn't have that when he joined from fleetwood, this was written into his new contract at the back end of last year, when they paid him 80k plus a week.

i wouldn't even start to suggest any figure FF might have. He may not have one but it would not surprise me as they seem increasingly common.

Can you name an example of any player that signed a 5 year extension in May and then was sold the same summer?

It just doesn't happen (certainly not to any extent where we should be worried), the club can quite rightly hold him to the recent extension and his value won't drop given he is under contract until 2021.

Delph signed a four-and-a-half year contract on 25 January 2015, keeping him at Villa until 2019.

On 17 July 2015, Delph signed a five-year contract with Premier League club Manchester City for a reported fee of £8 million

Not that far off.

Not that far off.

That is not an example of what I asked for. One is in the winter winter window, one is May. Delphi signed the contract in January because his contract was expiring in the summer, that wasn't the case with Forster who still had a lot of time left on his first contract. Delphi was signing so his contract situation question didn't run into the second half of the season and the club wanted him not to leave on a free transfer. That is notably a different scenario to Forster agreeing to extend after one season for a further 5 years.

Also there is a difference between a Champions League team bidding and meeting a release clause, and a team without European football bidding.

That is not an example of what I asked for. One is in the winter winter window, one is May. Delphi signed the contract in January because his contract was expiring in the summer, that wasn't the case with Forster who still had a lot of time left on his first contract. Delphi was signing so his contract situation question didn't run into the second half of the season and the club wanted him not to leave on a free transfer. That is notably a different scenario to Forster agreeing to extend after one season for a further 5 years.

Also there is a difference between a Champions League team bidding and meeting a release clause, and a team without European football bidding.

If Everton treble FF's wages I'm sure that would more than make up for missing out on the Mighty Europa League this season.

If Everton treble FF's wages I'm sure that would more than make up for missing out on the Mighty Europa League this season.

You've ignored a lot of what I said and focused on one point. Plus my point with that was the £8m release clause with Delph could only be triggered by clubs in the Champions League. Everton can't trigger such clauses and if it is similar for Saints they can refuse to sell Forster, hold him to his recently signed 5 year extension without fear of his value dropping as we have until 2021.

Do Financial Fair Play rules still exist? Will Everton end up being on the wrong side of them? I realise their 'big club status' means they'll be making a fraction more in sponsorship, ticket sales, and shirt sales, but then they've made less in prize money for their poor campaigns the passed few years.

Since we're also owed by a Billionaire do they have any financial advantage over us? If financial fair play exists I struggle to see how they are able to pay £5m for Koeman while doubling his salary and then talk about dipping into a war chest to bid £20m for our keeper. How is this sustainable when in reality we're similar sized clubs.

It feels as if we're sticking to the rules and they've forgotten they even exist.

Who's Delphi?

You've ignored a lot of what I said and focused on one point. Plus my point with that was the £8m release clause with Delph could only be triggered by clubs in the Champions League. Everton can't trigger such clauses and if it is similar for Saints they can refuse to sell Forster, hold him to his recently signed 5 year extension without fear of his value dropping as we have until 2021.

You've assumed that there is a clause, whilst I agree that it is highly unlikely that Forster goes to Everton this summer, you can't deny that there is always a chance. If Everton say, stupidly, stump up £30m and offer him 100k a week who is to say we wouldn't sell/he would leave.

Vardy didn't have that when he joined from fleetwood, this was written into his new contract at the back end of last year, when they paid him 80k plus a week.

i wouldn't even start to suggest any figure FF might have. He may not have one but it would not surprise me as they seem increasingly common.

I would imagine that part of the deal to sign an extension for Vardy was that he insisted on that clause rather than the club insisting on it.

I would imagine that part of the deal to sign an extension for Vardy was that he insisted on that clause rather than the club insisting on it.

Yes and i wouldn't be surprised if any player signing a five or six year deal insisted on the same type of clause.

RK would be aware of any buy out clauses, and if not Frazers agent would be happy to tell anyone.

While in Florida I met a former Saints player from the cup winning team and he mentioned that the agents are picking away at the players all the time, agitating for them to move etc