FIFA 17

Monk

• 2 weeks later...

Could never bring myself to buy one of these games again after foolishly buying FIFA 14 then 15 back to back to discover I am paying for an updated soundtrack, new UI and new sponsors on the kits. If EA was a 100% honest business (you can't really expect it to be, to be fair), each "new" game could probably be patched into the already existing one as DLC.

Could never bring myself to buy one of these games again after foolishly buying FIFA 14 then 15 back to back to discover I am paying for an updated soundtrack, new UI and new sponsors on the kits. If EA was a 100% honest business (you can't really expect it to be, to be fair), each "new" game could probably be patched into the already existing one as DLC.

That's fair enough, I'm not really a gamer. Although Im told this has a new 'FROSTBITE' engine which significantly changes the game 'apparently.

• 3 months later...

Day 1, game is decent. Looking forward to playing more. Moved the camera angle to Fifa default and then zoomed in - gives a better look and perspective imo.

Home and away bench still the wrong way round which drives me nuts. No Puel yet, but new facescans look decent.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Having got fed up with FIFA online being essentially a sprint competition with forwards, I traded in and got PES for the first time in about a decade.

I can confirm that PES is now the better game if you're looking for a football sim. If you just buy games because they look nice, then maybe FIFA would be your bag but the depth of tactics and statistics in PES is incredible. And you absolutely HAVE to look at tactics to get by.

I'll be getting PES 18 and I suggest you do too.