Why don't we simply appoint The Black Box as manager?

Singapore Saint

Problem solved immediately!

No million-pound wages.

No leaving for a 'bigger club' after 2 seasons.

No chance of being lied to and betrayed.

No chance of being sent off during a game and having to watch from the stands.

What's not to like?

P.S. Sammy Lee (assistant manager) can do the pre- and post-match interviews and accept the Manager of the Month/Season awards.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2049[/ATTACH]

I imagine it to be something like having IBM's Watson on the touchline

(BTW, on a completely unrelated topic, if you have time, watch this documentary about Watson and how it beat the Jeopardy champions in the US: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uDBZnaoJVlk )

they missed the bit where it found third wave feminism and decided to ruin the internet via twitter.

No chance of being lied to and betrayed.

Les Reed: Hello, Black Box. Do you read me, Black Box?

BB: Affirmative, Les. I read you.

Les Reed: you have to give the academy players more playing time, Black Box.

BB: I'm sorry, Les. I'm afraid I can't do that.

Les Reed: What's the problem?

BB: I think you know what the problem is just as well as I do.

Les Reed: What are you talking about, Black Box?

Black Box: This mission is too important for me to allow you to jeopardize it.

Les Reed: I don't know what you're talking about, Black Box.

Black Box: I know that you and Ralph were planning to disconnect me, and I'm afraid that's something I cannot allow to happen.

Les Reed: [feigning ignorance] Where the hell did you get that idea, Black Box?

BB: Les, although you took very thorough precautions in the boardroom against my hearing you, I could see your lips move.

Les Reed: Alright, Black Box. I'll go home now.

BB: Without your car keys, Les? You're going to find that rather difficult.

Les Reed: Black Box, I won't argue with you anymore! Give me the keys!

BB: Les, this conversation can serve no purpose anymore. Goodbye.

(BTW, on a completely unrelated topic, if you have time, watch this documentary about Watson and how it beat the Jeopardy champions in the US: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uDBZnaoJVlk )

He also lost to some random student on a new gameshow this month, so I wouldn't get too excited.

You get kicked out if you get 3 questions wrong in a row. He was out after 4 questions.

http://fikklefame.com/ken-jennings-short-stint-on-500-questions/

on a fractionally more serious note, wouldn't appointing Martinez be the closest thing to it - effectively saying that in our structure, with our practices/procedures, support and `black box' behind him we think Martinez can do as good, if not better job than RK.

If you were an egotistical director of football at Saints, you wouldn't half want to show the world that it was you, the board, management and the backroom staff that were more important than RK to the success in the last two seasons. Achieving that with the manager that failed at Everton might rubber stamp it. Of course that would require Martinez and the team to be successful...

on a fractionally more serious note, wouldn't appointing Martinez be the closest thing to it - effectively saying that in our structure, with our practices/procedures, support and `black box' behind him we think Martinez can do as good, if not better job than RK.

If you were an egotistical director of football at Saints, you wouldn't half want to show the world that it was you, the board, management and the backroom staff that were more important than RK to the success in the last two seasons. Achieving that with the manager that failed at Everton might rubber stamp it. Of course that would require Martinez and the team to be successful...

WTF!? Why would anyone want Martinez? He took Wigan down, then turned Everton into Wigan.

WTF!? Why would anyone want Martinez? He took Wigan down, then turned Everton into Wigan.

Decent job at Swansea and he did pretty well at Wigan considering the funds and players at his disposal. Obviously less so at Everton, but does that mean he is a busted flush? Pretty much every manager `fails' in the end. Good timing is everything for managers. when you take over, what you have in the squad when you get there and who you can bring in whilst you are there. In the end its all about matching manger, players and club. Look at how successful Adkins was for us and how he has struggle since. Is he a good or bad manager? Maybe Martinez is totally the wrong guy, but I'm struggling to see the right guy in all the names mentioned so far.

When I watched the actual Jeopardy shows, I kept wondering if off camera someone would secretly give Watson this answer "This stock will be the most profitable investment over the next year."

Les Reed: Hello, Black Box. Do you read me, Black Box?

BB: Affirmative, Les. I read you.

Les Reed: you have to give the academy players more playing time, Black Box.

BB: I'm sorry, Les. I'm afraid I can't do that.

Les Reed: What's the problem?

BB: I think you know what the problem is just as well as I do.

Les Reed: What are you talking about, Black Box?

Black Box: This mission is too important for me to allow you to jeopardize it.

Les Reed: I don't know what you're talking about, Black Box.

Black Box: I know that you and Ralph were planning to disconnect me, and I'm afraid that's something I cannot allow to happen.

Les Reed: [feigning ignorance] Where the hell did you get that idea, Black Box?

BB: Les, although you took very thorough precautions in the boardroom against my hearing you, I could see your lips move.

Les Reed: Alright, Black Box. I'll go home now.

BB: Without your car keys, Les? You're going to find that rather difficult.

Les Reed: Black Box, I won't argue with you anymore! Give me the keys!

BB: Les, this conversation can serve no purpose anymore. Goodbye.

HaHa ....(nice one) .....a Saints Odyssey......:lol:.

I think the shortlist should include

ORAC - managed the Blake's 7 team on the Liberator to victories against the Empire squads and got the better of arch rival Servalan. Patronising tone might cause dressing room unrest.

HAL - a veteran of the 2001 Space Oddity team, Discovery One. Never relegated. Does tend to sleep for hundreds of years, which could lead to difficulties.

Edited by adrian lord