Wanyama to Spurs - Official

DT

Agreed with the sentiments, they have got a great player for that price. He fits them perfectly I'd say.

Whilst a big loss, maybe our new manager doesn't need that big destroyer type player in the middle :)

I do think his passing is suspect, maybe why Arsenal didn't go for him, and attitude before Europe game is what sours it for me, no one gives Clyne brief even though he did same thing but that is because Clyne gave his all every game.

Agreed with the sentiments, they have got a great player for that price. He fits them perfectly I'd say.

Whilst a big loss, maybe our new manager doesn't need that big destroyer type player in the middle :)

I do think his passing is suspect, maybe why Arsenal didn't go for him, and attitude before Europe game is what sours it for me, no one gives Clyne brief even though he did same thing but that is because Clyne gave his all every game.

arsenal didnt go for him as they dont need him

We will miss his suspensions.

Replaceable.

Didn't want to be here, will struggle to get in the Spurs side ahead if Dier and Dembele.

Really? Who do we replace him with? Can't think of a better breaker up of play

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agree it's a big loss but absolutely nothing we could do about it !

That won't stop the usual suspects (journos, pundits, etc) labelling us a "selling club" as if we have a choice in the matter. Hey ho. We march on etc

Massive part of our progress over the last three years. Good luck to him.

He's no more a mercenary than any player who decides to join us this summer.

Will be tough to replace but I trust Didier Deschamps and the new management team to know exactly who to go after.

Three years with us so I reckon he's done his bit. A transfer to a club in the Champions League probably suits his career progression which he is entitled to pursue, just like anyone else. Move on.

Very true. I don't begrudge him the move (I just wish we got more ££'s for him) - But to be honest - Around £11m or £12m was realistic with a year to go.

Not to mention, there was hardly a bidding war.

Shouldn't Reed at least do the new manager the courtesy of waiting for him to arrive before selling our players? I hope that we can maintain the progress we made under Koeman but I'm beginning to get concerned about the increasing level of Reed's interference in managerial duties.

Shouldn't Reed at least do the new manager the courtesy of waiting for him to arrive before selling our players? I hope that we can maintain the progress we made under Koeman but I'm beginning to get concerned about the increasing level of Reed's interference in managerial duties.

if wanyama is not going to stay, what is there else to do?

11m does seem a little low but it always seems to me that prices the so called 'big clubs' pay for 'smaller club" players is always slanted in favour of the bigger club........we never really know the fees where Saints are concerned.

He's been a good player but limited in his ability, great in slow paced games and when we have a lot of possession but against fast players and when we are under pressure a lot he struggles particularly when he gets turned and is running back to goal.

I'm sure we will get better or at least someone more mobile if not quite so brutal. Romeu is tough enough.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Why? Victor has been angling for a move for the last two seasons we held on to him as long as we could we cash in now while he still has some worth and move on.

Not sure why people think the fee is low, he's got 12 months left and buyers know we'd want to shift him this summer.

Been massive for us for the last 3 years, so thanks for that. But the fact he refused/mind wasn't set to play in our crucial EL games says a lot about him. He's a good player, but I don't think 'bigger clubs' will have the same level of patience we had with regards to his passing etc.

I'm sure he'll do alright, but I don't think he's a CL level player.

RK was head coach and part of the decision making - he did not have final say. He knew VW was going we all did Reed just oversaw the process - your view on managerial duties is somewhat antiquated imo

I might be making a huge assumption here, but I am getting the distinct impression that you don't like Les Reed?

Its becoming clearer than it was before that as a club we are not able to keep players or managers, we are not attractive enough long term and Les Reed (and others) are not persuasive enough of the club's ambitions (probably because our ambitions are not as great as the Board would like us to believe). Of course, we will no doubt replace Victor with some one else and maybe it will work out, and maybe it won't. Really bad in my opinion not to at least wait until we have a new manager in place, and even worse to agree to sell him to Spurs. But making a profit is the goal nowadays.