The New, New Manager Thread

St Chalet

Who Would You Choose?  

415 members have voted

1. 1. Who Would You Choose?

As far as I can tell Garcia is the only one manager to turn us down because, it was reported, he wants a CL club other than that I have no idea who the club have and haven't talked to but you seem ITK so please share all the mangers who haven't wanted to talk to us..

Well according to L'Equipe he turned us down because he didn't want Sammy Lee or the others we tried to impose on him and there weren't enough transfer funds on offer. CL had nothing to do with it, he knew we weren't CL when he applied for the job..or rather his agent did.

I'm waiting for a statement from The Managers Club on why they have told all the managers not to even speak to us.

I think it was because Kat shouts at you in a restaurant. Intolerable for any would be manager.

2 year job, perfect for a manager who's looking for a last big pay day before retiring really.

If Pellegrini doesn't take it then Hiddink or Van Gaal probably will.

It is not a big pay day if he doesn't get paid, which is quite likely with foreign currency contracts in Russia at this time.

In 2014 Steve Bruce was also in the running to replace MP at St Marys, when Koeman deal was in doubt.

Despite promotion he is currently unsettled at Hull with a possible change of club ownership.

I have also had his name mentioned re Saints managers job from another source.

Not my first choice, however worthwhile checking out the Hull message boards.

Anybody else heard of rumours about Steve Bruce?

In 2014 Steve Bruce was also in the running to replace MP at St Marys, when Koeman deal was in doubt.

Despite promotion he is currently unsettled at Hull with a possible change of club ownership.

I have also had his name mentioned re Saints managers job from another source.

Not my first choice, however worthwhile checking out the Hull message boards.

Anybody else heard of rumours about Steve Bruce?

From 2014

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/southampton-manager-search-steve-bruce-3671371

Bugger!!!!

Tancredi Palmeri ‏@tancredipalmeri 2m2 minutes ago

Pellegrini has received a 10m€ offer per year to be next Russia manager

FIFA should make the Russian FA take Blatter as Director of Football and Platini as Manager as a reward for giving them the World Cup in 2018 that will teach em:blush::D

https://www.clubcall.com/southampton/vitor-pereira-pushes-claims-for-saints-hotseat-1813296.htmlthis report said Pereira wowed Southampton officials during his interview. Who knows for sure really.

But looking at his CV and win loss record, I would be happy with Pereira. Would be happy with Pellegrini as well.

Vitor Pereira denying speaking to us and being completely concentrated on Fenerbache in the Turkish press today, must of got the bad news today so we could be close to some sort of announcement.

https://www.sporx.com/vitor-pereiranin-akli-fenerbahcede-SXHBQ550785SXQ

No one has a clue do they....

Perfect test as to his motivations at this stage of his career. If he turns that sort of money down then that's a good indication that he still has something to prove in England.

Exactly. He says he wants to stay in the Premiership. I would turn down any money to be Russia manager. Let's do the deal. I'm coming round to his safe pair of hands.

Echo article also says that the board have not spoken to all candidates. Starting to look like they may not have appointed anyone by the 28th as they had been hoping to.

The USA getting to the semi-final of Copa America didn't help things go as quickly as expected...

They play a fully loaded Argentina side tonight. Copa America = The Euros. 2nd biggest tournament for every team involved. Messi et al don't have 'groin strains' for this one.

Expect a few sightings of Jurgen Klinsmann in the next day or so. Unless USA somehow manage to win of course...

Emery (okay PSG an obvious reason now but weren't at the beginning of this debacle), Schmidt, Howe, de Boer, Garcia...and agree with you completely angleman we don't want a knee jerk appointment that's my point...take the pressure off ourselves - better to wait for the right candidate than rush a decision. I am not ITK...I am genuinely surprised that we are not attracting more interest from higher calibre candidates than we are. I mean Zenga, Carvalhio, Puel, Pereira even - is that the best we can expect?

Pelligrini is a gent but not our man I think.

Zenga, Carvalhal were agent plants, or just media generating stores as they don't have a clue. We won't ever know who has shown an interest, it's safe to say if you take what's in the papers as gospel then you're a little naive.

The USA getting to the semi-final of Copa America didn't help things go as quickly as expected...

They play a fully loaded Argentina side tonight. Copa America = The Euros. 2nd biggest tournament for every team involved. Messi et al don't have 'groin strains' for this one.

Expect a few sightings of Jurgen Klinsmann in the next day or so. Unless USA somehow manage to win of course...

Hunch or ITK?

Cheers

If they win they play in the final on Sunday. If they lose they play in the 3rd / 4th place play-off on Saturday.

Do not expect a few sightings of Jurgen Klinsmann in the next day or so. He will be busy.

If they win they play in the final on Sunday. If they lose they play in the 3rd / 4th place play-off on Saturday.

Do not expect a few sightings of Jurgen Klinsmann in the next day or so. He will be busy.

I wouldn't expect any sightings of Jurgen Klinsmann in the Southampton area, full stop.

https://www.clubcall.com/southampton/vitor-pereira-pushes-claims-for-saints-hotseat-1813296.htmlthis report said Pereira wowed Southampton officials during his interview. Who knows for sure really.

But looking at his CV and win loss record, I would be happy with Pereira. Would be happy with Pellegrini as well.

McClaren wowed the FA in his interview for the England job, I heard. Brilliant Powerpoint presentations, apparently.

Hunch or ITK?

Cheers

I've said before that Klinsman is more American now than most Americans, can't see him leaving California for Hampshire, actually think he'd be good if he was ever of a Monday to take on another challenge though, have heard Bruce Arena's bandied around a bit, that would be more up Ralph's streak.

Not looking forward to this one... :uhoh: