The New, New Manager Thread

St Chalet

Who Would You Choose?  

415 members have voted

1. 1. Who Would You Choose?

Given Pellegrini is in the twilight of his career this may be advantageous for Saints. He's already managed biggest club in the world so I can see him sticking around for the full 3 years then handing over the ropes to a young protégé. By this point maybe Jose Fonte will be ready to take the hot seat.

One thing Pellegrini has is pedigree and status with in the game. Can only bode well for convincing players to join / stay.

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

Given Pellegrini is in the twilight of his career this may be advantageous for Saints. He's already managed biggest club in the world so I can see him sticking around for the full 3 years then handing over the ropes to a young protégé. By this point maybe Jose Fonte will be ready to take the hot seat.

One thing Pellegrini has is pedigree and status with in the game. Can only bode well for convincing players to join / stay.

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

This is my thinking too. I can only see it being good for us, shirt and long term

His contract with city expires at the end on June, I guess nothing stopping him agreeing to take over somewhere else and then starting on 1st July.

I wouldn't think it is going to make any difference - doubt it would stop us announcing it or even him rocking up at the training ground.

Have to say that Pellegrini being appointed would be a big statement of intent by the club - he was not appointed to City or his previous clubs for no good reason. I suspect this works well for Sammy Lee and the other remaining back room staff too as I suspect he's less of a track-suit manager and will need that level of operational support. Just hope the club match his level in terms of player acquisitions and he in turn integrates to "the Southampton Way" successfully.

Russia would like Manuel Pellegrini to be their next manager, and have offered the former Manchester City boss a lucrative contract. (AS - in Spanish)

On the BBC rumours page

As pointed out though the Russian FA are 30 million in debt and the current Russian head coach is working for free...

If, and a big IF, MP becomes are new manager, do you think that players currently at the club will be more likely to stay, or does money and 'big club' image still a bigger pull.

Linked to this, do you think that MP will make SFC more attractive to players considering a move.

If, and a big IF, MP becomes are new manager, do you think that players currently at the club will be more likely to stay, or does money and 'big club' image still a bigger pull.

Linked to this, do you think that MP will make SFC more attractive to players considering a move.

Just as importantly, if MP is appointed, will they just give him the old MP's club gear to wear? Or give him some new monogrammed apparel?

Isn't this meeting up with best buddies a bit like going to the doctor and saying "I have a friend whose got a wart on hid todger, what should he do?" ie it is you who has the wart and JackS works for the club? I'm not sure anyone really buys the chance meeting line.

I've had a few quid on Puel back when he was 10/1, but I'd rather have Pellegrini. Have a feeling if I whack a wad of cash on him something will go wrong!

...I can see him sticking around for the full 3 years then handing over the ropes to a young protégé. By this point maybe Jose Fonte will be ready to take the hot seat...

I originally thought that about a protege, but how often does it happen in reality, even when a manager is nearing retirement?

It's really good that we have some people with ITK info like Jack, Guan and K Billy. Really appreciate it especially with all the crazy names the media has thrown out this week. Nice to have a guide as to what's going on behind the scenes. Cheers lads/lasses.

I've had a few quid on Puel back when he was 10/1, but I'd rather have Pellegrini. Have a feeling if I whack a wad of cash on him something will go wrong!

I originally thought that about a protege, but how often does it happen in reality, even when a manager is nearing retirement?

Jose Fonte as Manager, Kelvin and Steven Davis as assistants = The dream team

So much loyalty :lol:

It's really good that we have some people with ITK info like Jack, Guan and K Billy. Really appreciate it especially with all the crazy names the media has thrown out this week. Nice to have a guide as to what's going on behind the scenes.

Let's wait for the real ITKs to come onto the scene first ;)

Further to my post, if you look back at his original 'ITK' post, he says he bumped into this contact whilst out shopping but very rarely sees him.

So now we're supposed to believe that they're in contact now as if they're best buddies?

Loving the jealousy of your posts that you're not the one ITK...

Just let me bet on Bet365 he's evens

But IIRC this happened with Koeman as well. KB told us that he was getting the job on a Friday afternoon but all week-end you could still back him, albeit at poor odds, until he was announced by the club on Monday (or was it Tuesday)

Let's wait for the real ITKs to come onto the scene first ;)

I'm with you. Nothing he's said isn't in the public domain, or simple supposition. People's 'gratitude' to him for sharing is most amusing. Hope it is Pellegrini regardless of the charlatan.

Well I was only fishing to see if Mousse could stomach me complimenting them. But then again I am grateful to people with a track record who continue to share on here. Jack may not be one of them but i'm not going to likewise write him off and slag him off before anything he has said has been disproven, that's just bitter and petty.

Jack has said from day one that he is only passing on what he has been told and that it is up to us whether we believe it or not. If you chose to think it is a wind up that is down to you. Personally I think Jack is kosher. Having a pop when you have no evidence that it is a wind up does seem very churlish though. And to be fair, he hasn't come up with any of the nonsense that the media have been peddling about Zenga et al.

I believe it is all Jack Schitt. A conspiracy theorist might suggest that it is all an effort to drive traffic towards this Sotonians website (I had never heard of it before!)

If any of our ITKs wish to confirm that Jack is indeed not making this all up, then please feel free and prove me wrong.

His contract with city expires at the end on June, I guess nothing stopping him agreeing to take over somewhere else and then starting on 1st July.

It'd be extremely ironic if City banned him from talking to other clubs till his contract was up considering how he left.

It'd be extremely ironic if City banned him from talking to other clubs till his contract was up considering how he left.

I was wondering about that, wouldn't we have to ask for City's permission first of all?

Highly unlikely though that there would be any problems, if there were we could just wait until July 1st.