The New, New Manager Thread

St Chalet

Who Would You Choose?  

415 members have voted

1. 1. Who Would You Choose?

I was wondering about that, wouldn't we have to ask for City's permission first of all?

Highly unlikely though that there would be any problems, if there were we could just wait until July 1st.

I suppose by the letter, we probably would but I'd imagine when they told him he was being replaced, they'd have probably given him permission to speak to other clubs universally. He left them on good terms so I can't imagine they'd be that petty to him. I doubt it'd be a serious problem and even if it was, the same would apply to Russia or anyone else that wanted to speak to him so it's not like anyone would get a head start.

I believe it is all Jack Schitt. A conspiracy theorist might suggest that it is all an effort to drive traffic towards this Sotonians website (I had never heard of it before!)

If any of our ITKs wish to confirm that Jack is indeed not making this all up, then please feel free and prove me wrong.

He said that Vitor Pereira would rule himself out and expect that today: http://www.dailyecho.co.uk/sport/saints/news/14572396.Pereira_says_Saints_link__not_true_/?ref=rss

And there it is, either he is a very good at guessing or he has links to people

I was wondering about that, wouldn't we have to ask for City's permission first of all?

Highly unlikely though that there would be any problems, if there were we could just wait until July 1st.

No reason he couldn't sign a contract that only comes into play on the 1st of July, when he is no longer their manager. When you sign a player on a pre-contract Bosman, I don't think you have to pay compensation to his old club, but could be wrong.

Anyway, if we need to pay any compensation to Manchester City (which would surely be minimal as we're hardly poaching him from them AND they have a manager incoming, so no problem for them), then we'd surely use the money we got from either Koeman or Wanyama to cover it.

He said that Vitor Pereira would rule himself out and expect that today: http://www.dailyecho.co.uk/sport/saints/news/14572396.Pereira_says_Saints_link__not_true_/?ref=rss

And there it is, either he is a very good at guessing or he has links to people

The echo is copying stories that appeared in the Turkish press yesterday, like Schitt. Schitt is just reading latest news and spinning those together with some reasonable probabilties we all know about.

Edited by buctootim

The echo is copying stories that appeared in the Turkish press yesterday, like Schitt. Schitt is just reading latest news and spinning those together with some reasonable probabilties with all know about.

Although I'd like the believe him there really isn't anything he's said so far that qualifies him as an ITK. It's guess work and a keen eye for the foreign press.

Now if he came out and said a specific player will sign a new contract on an exact day, then he gets the thumbs up from me!

The echo is copying stories that appeared in the Turkish press yesterday, like Schitt. Schitt is just reading latest news and spinning those together with some reasonable probabilties with all know about.
What would be his reasons for doing that?

Why discuss something Pellegrini et al on official club youtube channel before the club has made an appointment?

Assuming this is some sort of 'chat show' style thing with the local press who cover the club closely. In which case, makes sense for Gordon to be the 'host' too.

But yeah, it's something new.

Assuming this is some sort of 'chat show' style thing with the local press who cover the club closely. In which case, makes sense for Gordon to be the 'host' too.

But yeah, it's something new.

All a bit West Ham for me. Is Kat's son old enough to start a twitter?

Well, Guan and K Billy have been deathly quiet recently. Not sure why, but hopefully that means things are progressing.

Would be really happy to have Pellegrini here so that'd be nice, if true.

KBSS quiet because Jack Schitt is doing his work for him? Maybe Jack is Billy or Billy is Jack?

I believe it is all Jack Schitt. A conspiracy theorist might suggest that it is all an effort to drive traffic towards this Sotonians website (I had never heard of it before!)

If any of our ITKs wish to confirm that Jack is indeed not making this all up, then please feel free and prove me wrong.

If that was the reason why not do something like this in the early stages of the forum? I post on there and Jack has always come across as a decent poster. Perhaps you should spend some time on there? Then at least you can post an informed opinion instead of just jumping to conclusions.

He's on a wind up - the clue is in the name. Personally I think its a poster from here on a jolly.

That's possible.

But

He's put a lot of work into it though.

Wouldn't a one-line statement/claim be somewhat easier than the paragraphs he writes?

Would someone on a wind up really go to so much effort?

That's possible.

But

He's put a lot of work into it though.

Wouldn't a one-line statement/claim be somewhat easier than the paragraphs he writes?

Would someone on a wind up really go to so much effort?

That's the whole point to make it seem plausible. It's clearly a wind-up. People over-eager to believe there's a mole. There isn't. Apart from kBilly. And maybe that bloke who was going to build the petting zoo.

Jack Schitt's day of reckoning.

Err not really. All the other touted candidates have dropped out and Pellegrini is such a red hot favourite at the bookies they've mostly stopped taking bets. Its the science of the bleedin obvious

Err not really. All the other touted candidates have dropped out and Pellegrini is such a red hot favourite at the bookies they've mostly stopped taking bets. Its the science of the bleedin obvious

he was 13/8 when i read his post. Still plenty of value.

you will know them by their fruit

The only reason Vitor was dropped from the race is because you can't make 4 syllables from it.

Pellegrini/Claude Puel is perfect for the chant.

ITK.

Very excited for Pellegrini if he is coming here.

Imagine in September 2009 someone said that the current Real Madrid manager (at that time in 2009) will be coming to the Saints! Mental!

Very excited for Pellegrini if he is coming here.

Imagine in September 2009 someone said that the current Real Madrid manager (at that time in 2009) will be coming to the Saints! Mental!

Plus Benitez being at Newcastle.

IMHO I don't think it will be Pellegrini, It's too obvious and it could be a ploy to divert the truth away from who we really want.

Loved to be wrong.

'Show us another miracle'

JS: "There are two candidates for the job"

SWF: "What are their names?"

JS: "I don't know"

SWF: "You don't know?! He doesn't know what they're called!"

JS: "All right, their names are... Manuel and Claude, right..."

SWF: "Oooh you said you didn't know! He's making it up as he goes along!"

If, as 'Jack Schitt' says, it'll be announced in 48 hours, then I'm going to predict tomorrow.

As we do things low key, maybe with all attention diverted to the EU Referendum we will just suddenly announce a new man ;)

If, as 'Jack Schitt' says, it'll be announced in 48 hours, then I'm going to predict tomorrow.

As we do things low key, maybe with all attention diverted to the EU Referendum we will just suddenly announce a new man ;)

Maybe the potential candidate is waiting to see the referendum outcome before committing himself. We might even have to join the eurozone as well.

Maybe the potential candidate is waiting to see the referendum outcome before committing himself. We might even have to join the eurozone as well.

Good point. If Brexit crashes the pound, the job won't look so attractive to a continental European. Or we'll have to pay him more to compensate

Good point. If Brexit crashes the pound, the job won't look so attractive to a continental European. Or we'll have to pay him more to compensate

Plus, European employment law may cease to apply here. That could pose a distinct problem for a european manager. Let's not forget either that new anti-immigration rules might prevent him from entering the uk at all. He'd have to do the training by phone, this is a disaster waiting to happen.

Plus, European employment law may cease to apply here. That could pose a distinct problem for a european manager. Let's not forget either that new anti-immigration rules might prevent him from entering the uk at all. He'd have to do the training by phone, this is a disaster waiting to happen.

Apparently you'll all be that broke if a Brexit happens that football will be the least of your worries anyway.