2008–2009 Catania

2009–2010 Palermo

2010 Al-Nassr

2011–2013 Al-Nasr

2013–2014 Al Jazira

2015 Sampdoria

2015–2016 Al-Shaab

Doesn't really fit the bill does he?

well if you believe the club didn't pursue Frank de Boer because he didn't have experience managing more than one club, then Zenga fits the bill in spades!

But yeah, I hope this report is bunk.

And were they perhaps less motivated due to Pellegrini having his managerial rug pulled from underneath him with the PG announcement. Maybe the team were getting long in the tooth, or tired, or just not plain trying. Maybe MP himself simply couldn't be arsed at that point.

But you highlight a time when there was a pretty extenuating circumstance that could well have been the root cause of the beach mentality.

But you won't deny they still finished above us and in the CL positions, irrespective.

Still waiting for your apology too...

I really don't know what you want me to appolgise for? Please explain.

As for a long list of excuses for Man City's many 'journeyman' performances of late, if the knowledge that the manager was leaving truely did undermined their season then Pelligrini's task was a relativly simple one I think - i.e. he had only to get his players to forget all that and focus on the next game.

Any manager who can't even do that is starting to struggle is he not?

It is getting to the point were Moyes is starting to look pretty good about now....

Reluctantly I agree. Moyes would be a sound if uninspiring choice. Garcia and FDB are more exciting and Emery probably unattainable. Pellegrini still good if he has the energy and appetite. Someone posted well in response to me on Puel and Periera and made sound points but just not inspired by those two although accept they could do well. Zenga just a Magath type wind up by Murdoch's goons

This is starting to have a tits-up feel about it....

It really isn't. Surely taking their time and finding the right person on the right terms is far more sensible than a knee-jerk reaction to please the legions of mongboarders.

If they appoint Walter Zenga or Steve Mclaren then i will bow to your superior judgement but as it stands at the moment you are pretty much always wrong.

If Zenga is even being linked, its a big tittus verticus from me. 6 years in the UAE and sacked by Sampdoria, come on FFS...

What happened to links like Puel, Garcia, etc... ? Dont they like the conditions being offered ? Are we after an Uncle Les Mini Me yes-man or something ?

But that's driven by the press. We had things like this - http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/678119/Exclusive-Southampton-Frank-de-Boer-3m-a-year-deal-Ronald-Koeman-Football-News-Gossip - that made him favourite. Basically I don't think many/any outside of the club know what is happening. With Zenga, who knows. Maybe he was talked to and it is him who is saying that he is getting the job. Maybe he is right, maybe he is wrong.

The club are in the football business. I am not. I could spout off that Zenga is rubbish, but I have absolutely no idea, save for looking at some stats on the web.

Me, I'm just going to wait and see.

Even in the thick reactionary world of the internet, I've never known anyone so terrified of everything and so desperate to believe any tabloid junk.

It's just a football club appointing a manager. You have none of the details, you claim to want them to get it right, experiment with patience. Or heaven forbid, do something else.

Aw, what a load of b*ll*cks. But then your attacks on me invariably are non-sensical.

Yes, I want them to get it right. Yes, I am patient - up to the point where I think our pre-season is somehow being undermined. Since Euro 2016 is running, I dont think that point has been reached -yet.

What I dont like is the sudden massive drop in quality of manager being linked to us. It sounds like we've worked through the Black Box list and come up empty-handed, meaning we are going to be settling for less.

Everyone spouts tripe you do enough of if.

Firstly, I am sorry that you felt the need to use one of your daily posts to try and justify why you posted complete and utter tosh, especially with a really very weak retort.

Secondly, yes, I guess you are right. But I try not to spout utter tosh on baseless conjecture. I note that in your considered reply, you didn't see fit to answer why you thought we were trying to bring in a manager on the cheap. IMO it would probably have been best to just say that you were being a typical football supporter and letting things get the better of you. But hey, it's no big deal.

Aw, what a load of b*ll*cks. But then your attacks on me invariably are non-sensical.

Yes, I want them to get it right. Yes, I am patient - up to the point where I think our pre-season is somehow being undermined. Since Euro 2016 is running, I dont think that point has been reached -yet.

What I dont like is the sudden massive drop in quality of manager being linked to us. It sounds like we've worked through the Black Box list and come up empty-handed, meaning we are going to be settling for less.

and you get that based on a rag of a paper linking us with someone?

So to sum up.

No one outside those in the club who need to know, know anything.

Therefore,

Newspapers print any old name as a new manager revelation. Internet warriors argue over this new manager revelation.

Yet,

Still no one knows what is really going behind the door of the people that matter.

So to sum up.

No one outside those in the club who need to know, know anything.

Therefore,

Newspapers print any old name as a new manager revelation. Internet warriors argue over this new manager revelation.

Yet,

Still no one knows what is really going behind the door of the people that matter.

:scared:

You may mock, but it may have escaped your notice that I am not particularly vocal this summer. I think the board have demonstrated a short track record of taking these losses on the chin and moving on to bigger and better things.

All I am saying is that if we don't have someone by the end of Euro 2016 when a lot more focus is going to come on available players and managers, I will think things are not moving according to the contingency plans the club is supposed to have,

What odds is Roy Hodgson?

If one was being serious, I wouldn't have minded him pre-Liverpool. Since then, he's a busted flush.

Seriously no thanks, even if we win the Euro's.

I have a couple of snippets to share one day!

Slightly concerned that despite our most successful season both on and off the pitch, with no immediate player exodus that we aren't appearing an attractive enough proposition for some of the bigger names.

I have the feeling Les is looking for a 'yes' man.

If Zenga is even being linked, its a big tittus verticus from me. 6 years in the UAE and sacked by Sampdoria, come on FFS...

What happened to links like Puel, Garcia, etc... ? Dont they like the conditions being offered ? Are we after an Uncle Les Mini Me yes-man or something ?

Can you really, honestly not see why this is an utterly bizarre logical path to take? You've jumped to conclusions based on THE SUN randomly linking us to a no-hoper of a manager.

Have you considered it is...

- it is his agent touting him?

- clickbait which you've fallen for?

- A Murdoch newspaper running a story, minutes later Murdoch's Skybet add him to betting market and start encouraging people to give them money

- one or all of the above?

Random made up bull**** has no bearing or reflection on what the club is actually doing.

Alpine you have a vast history on this forum of jumping to conclusions based on little or no evidence. That is why you are being mocked! You appear to have no capability of critical thinking.

Slightly concerned that despite our most successful season both on and off the pitch, with no immediate player exodus that we aren't appearing an attractive enough proposition for some of the bigger names.

Both of these are genuine concerns for me.

Seriously no thanks, even if we win the Euro's.

I have a couple of snippets to share one day!

The club has an idea how they want the club to be run and how things are done ( hell they even want to import the "Southampton way" around the world). In itself that is no bad thing but I think they have to careful not to become to dogmatic about it. The issue,I guess, will always be about just how much power the manager has at the club.

To be fair, he's proven himself to be reactionary, paranoid and pretty thick over more than a decade. So it's predictable and understandable that'd he'd keep doing the exact same thing. Perhaps it's more stupid for other posters to assume they have any chance whatsoever or making him sees things differently after all this time.

alpine doesn't care whether or not he is right, he just needs the attention.

MLG doesn't care whether or not he is being trolled, he just needs to show everyone else he is correct.

Together they make one heck of a tedious team.

I think this story just shows that the media and bookies have no idea, the club keeps everything very respectable and quiet. Some might call it 'professional'.

But whilst they might pick an unknown or a less known manager, Zenga does not really meet any of the stipulations the club are looking for.

Don't panic people, if interviews were held over the weekend like it was claimed then it will take a few days to decide who the best candidate is, plus maybe they may decide that conceding more ground to Garcia might be a better option to try first and might go back to him with an improved offer. Who knows really, this is the way the club does stuff.

Most of our transfers we don't usually get to too many rumours about either.