Steven Davis signs new three-year deal until 2019

Saint-Armstrong

Good news.

Jack Schitt is indeed added to the ITK list.

Or he's just recycling the recent Mirror story that we were planning extensions for two players i.e. Mané and Long.

Anyway very good news.

Edited by shurlock

Great news. It's only a year extension and we all know how contracts count for nothing at times but this sends an important message just when it's needed (announcement perhaps brought forward as timing during Euro 2016 is odd?). He's been a very important player for us since his arrival - and I'm sure that extends beyond his contribution on the pitch (which alone has been consistently impressive). You can see how influential he has been for Northern Ireland as well.

A long term deal for Shane Long would be my next request, Les. Then Sadio.

Great news. It's only a year extension and we all know how contracts count for nothing at times but this sends an important message just when it's needed (announcement perhaps brought forward as timing during Euro 2016 is odd?). He's been a very important player for us since his arrival - and I'm sure that extends beyond his contribution on the pitch (which alone has been consistently impressive). You can see how influential he has been for Northern Ireland as well.

You've got a thread to update ;)

Can we put this myth to bed please? I don't know of a single Saints fan who 'underrates' him. The recognition of his value to the team is pretty much unanimous.

Well done Davo; Verlaine is a poster on here who doesn't seem to rate him - Mane is the one we need to keep....with a new contract.

This

Well done Davo; Verlaine is a poster on here who doesn't seem to rate him - Mane is the one we need to keep....with a new contract.

I wouldn't get your hopes up the fact that the club has put a £40 million pound price tag on him says to me they are willing to sell at the right price other wise they'd just say he is not for sale....

The main complaint was that he didn't score goals , otherwise one of the industrious players who are not usually in the limelight . It's good he is staying but where would he go ??

Exactly. Always said he was a decent option for his industry, but with his goals and assists record, I doubt we were fending off a host of rivals for his signature.

I wouldn't get your hopes up the fact that the club has put a £40 million pound price tag on him says to me they are willing to sell at the right price other wise they'd just say he is not for sale....

How do you know it is "a fact"? It remains media speculation in the tabloids.

Have always been impressed with him and thought he's improved with us but there were a few games in a row mid/late season where he was passing sideways or more often backwards nearly always. Perhaps a confidence issue.

If the new manager can get his approach more attack-minded, using his skill and speed, I think he can be even more of an asset for us than we give him credit for.

Have always been impressed with him and thought he's improved with us but there were a few games in a row mid/late season where he was passing sideways or more often backwards nearly always. Perhaps a confidence issue.

If the new manager can get his approach more attack-minded, using his skill and speed, I think he can be even more of an asset for us than we give him credit for.

At 31 years old, and with a grand total of 14 goals in his 248 Premier League appearances to date (about 1 every 18 games), I think it's unlikely he's going to suddenly find a rich vein of attacking form.

Agreed, I like him and he is a stalwart of the side but he received a lot of flak on here mid season for his poor performances and finishing.

Glad he has signed but there are a few ahead of him that I am more anxious to sign extensions.