Pre-Season (2016/17)

SuperSAINT

Given that these have now been finalised/confirmed, does that kind of indicate that a potential manager has possibly given the ok...?

I reckon the wheels-in-motion for this were set in stone some time ago.

It's the more the potential player signing(s) that *might* be an indicator.

http://www.destentor.nl/regio/dalfsen/nieuwleusen-vreest-britse-fans-bij-pec-southampton-1.6150326

Can any of our resident dutchies translate? From Google translate, it seems like one Dutch mayor wants to ban Saints fans from attending.

ha what a picture to use as well, good to know our fearsome rep goes before us and the local residents will be boarding up their houses prior to our arrival.

http://www.destentor.nl/regio/dalfsen/nieuwleusen-vreest-britse-fans-bij-pec-southampton-1.6150326

Can any of our resident dutchies translate? From Google translate, it seems like one Dutch mayor wants to ban Saints fans from attending.

You're correct. The mayor is apparently convinced there are many tough and scary Saints hooligans who will come to destroy his lovely small town Nieuwleusen. No idea why the game would be there, btw.

Hoping to do the Twente and Groningen with some beers in between maybe. Any others considering this?

Going to do the Zwolle game as a weekend away.

Fly back out on the Wednesday for Twente then travel up to Groningen. Return home on the Sunday.

Should be a good one.

Most of these interviews don't provide a lot of in-depth insights, but it's the little things like hearing VVD say that he called Fonte to say how proud he is of him and that it's amazing to see him play at the Euros... I love that. The guys bonding and admiring each other is very important for the team spirit, in my opinion.

Glad I only planned travel for the Twente and Groningen games, called the hotline and got onto the "interest" list which has just started, the guy said they will see how much interest there is before calling everyone back with details of the tickets being made available to those traveling, a little vague at this point.

http://www.saintsfc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/20160705-southampton-holland-tour-ticket-update-3168634.aspx

No Saints allowed to Zwolle, "extremely limited" tickets available for Groningen and pay on the gate for Twente.

Flights already booked for Zwolle so we will be going to the game.

This must be a 1st that fans are banned from a pre season friendly !! Especially as the numbers are likely to be under 50. Very strange indeed.

We were at Groningen last season and were made very welcome. What has happened to make this club so bad ? Surely the yoof in Arnhem cannot be the cause of all this !

Spoke to the club today to register an interest in tickets and was told this is a knock on effect from the trouble at the Euro's.

All the Dutch clubs are being very wary of travelling English fans. How sad is that !!

I see today that the QPR pre season game with PSV is going to be behind closed doors

All the Dutch clubs are being very wary of travelling English fans. How sad is that !!

Its not the clubs, its the local mayors, police and governments who are being ridiculous. Groningen plays against QPR as well and they wanted to cancel it because the police had 'information' that firms from both clubs wanted to start trouble. Its all nonsense really.

Has anyone seen on there Saints ticket account that the home game against Bilbao is free of charge for season ticket holders?

Its probably a glitch but would be a nice gesture given how much money is raked in by PL clubs and the fact there are extra European games to pay for this season.

Would get a proper crowd in too.

http://www.saintsfc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/20160705-southampton-holland-tour-ticket-update-3168634.aspx

No Saints allowed to Zwolle, "extremely limited" tickets available for Groningen and pay on the gate for Twente.

This is so disappointing. I've been to a number of Dutch towns & cities in the last few decades and I can honestly say Zwolle is one of the more picturesque. Just look at some google images!

It's pathetic how this mayor (named "Nuts" - uncanny) can use the trouble caused by Russians in Marseilles and the Feyenoord fans rampaging in August as reason to push for a ban on Saints fans from the game. :x

I reckon this is a sign of things to come though. Just wait till the group stages draw. Azerbaijani, Israeli or Russian clubs probably won't be bothered but if we draw any clubs in DACH or Benelux then be prepared for more of the same. :rolleyes:

This is so disappointing. I've been to a number of Dutch towns & cities in the last few decades and I can honestly say Zwolle is one of the more picturesque. Just look at some google images!

It's pathetic how this mayor (named "Nuts" - uncanny) can use the trouble caused by Russians in Marseilles and the Feyenoord fans rampaging in August as reason to push for a ban on Saints fans from the game. :x

I reckon this is a sign of things to come though. Just wait till the group stages draw. Azerbaijani, Israeli or Russian clubs probably won't be bothered but if we draw any clubs in DACH or Benelux then be prepared for more of the same. :rolleyes:

if they were playing in Zwolle don't think it would be an issue, but game is being played in Nieuwleusen a small town of 6,000 inhabitants about 17km from Zwolle at a semi professional clubs ground

http://www.unionsv.nl/home-mobile/1952-groen-licht-voor-pec-zwolle-southampton.html

Bet I wasn't the only one had to look DACH up ;)

No Calum slattery

Injured, I believe.

No Yoshida or Gardos, could they both be off?

Not sure about Gardos, but on the OS, Re: Yoshida

Due to playing for Japan in Iran earlier this summer, the club was unable to acquire a visa in time for Maya Yoshida to join this training camp. As with other players in the squad, Maya was also given extended vacation time and has undertaken the normal fitness testing. He will be in good shape to re-join the squad with the other late returning international players when they return. The full squad will then be reunited for the training camp in Holland.

Due to playing for Japan in Iran earlier this summer, the club was unable to acquire a visa in time for Maya Yoshida to join this training camp. As with other players in the squad, Maya was also given extended vacation time and has undertaken the normal fitness testing.

Due to playing for Japan in Iran earlier this summer, the club was unable to acquire a visa in time for Maya Yoshida to join this training camp. As with other players in the squad, Maya was also given extended vacation time and has undertaken the normal fitness testing.

Thanks a bunch, Brexit.