Pre-Season (2016/17)

SuperSAINT

yes exactly, let's not get carried away. This is only useful to see the formation and how we are looking to play under Puel.

I'm not sure it's getting carried away to suggest that Redmond can score 11 goals in a season. Looks a good bet for it to me.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Agreed. JRod just didn't get involved, hopefully he'll come good.

TBH I thought he looked sharp and pressed well. Was good in possession but wasn't as involved as Redmond. Saints only really played the first 15 mins and then the last 5. Austin finished well but looked generally untidy and failed to hold the ball up very well.

Youngsters looking bright 2nd half.

TBH I thought he looked sharp and pressed well. Was good in possession but wasn't as involved as Redmond. Saints only really played the first 15 mins and then the last 5. Austin finished well but looked generally untidy and failed to hold the ball up very well.

Youngsters looking bright 2nd half.

You must be watching a different game to me pal

Second half promise has petered out much like the first half. Hopefully we get an end of half flurry from Saints again.

Rubbish,

This 2nd half is much more important than the 1st in that it shows who might be able to make the step up. No petering out as this is pretty much the U21 playing so of course are going to be at a lower level.

Rubbish,

This 2nd half is much more important than the 1st in that it shows who might be able to make the step up. No petering out as this is pretty much the U21 playing so of course are going to be at a lower level.

Are you just looking for a ****ing argument? I'm not expecting them to play them off the park. It was merely a comment that the half had gone flat. The youngsters started the half very well but the performance dipped. It's still early pre-season so I'm not expecting anyone to be pulling up trees at this point, either youngsters or established names.

FWIW Valery has looked promising again. Hojbjerg has improved over his cameo in the States. I think Olumola has something about him.

Hojbjerg can certainly travel with the ball, great close control and strolled past their players.

Thought him, and the three centre mids that played the first half looked good.

Zwolle were s**t though, really didn't test us much.

He seemed to be playing a Morgan type holding / linkman role, but looked good on that jinking run leading up to the penalty.

Alfie Jones looks a good prospect reminds me of Fonte the way he plays

Think he won youngster of the year and was tipped to be one of the best prospects for a long time?

Dusan felt something in his leg so Claude took the decision to rest him for this game, but he should play against Twente next up. If not, he'll be fine for the final game in Holland.

Hopefully we see some training pics with him in next week otherwise the timing is a bit too convenient.

How did Valery play tonight?

Liked they way he played against DC. Very comfortable in possession during 1v1 and 1v2 which he dominated. Similar to Clyne with height.

Very well. Neat and tidy on the ball. Knows where to position himself. Looked comfortable. Would like to see more going forward but seems a prospect.