The New, New, New Manager Thread

St Chalet

I thought the black box had all these top fellas stacked up ready to take over?

Anyway as I can't change the poll, new thread time!

You do know the black box isn't a magic wand which out of nowhere produces a new manager as soon as the other one fooks off for a few quid more? It's a tool to identify them, then there is the interview process, then the negotiation process. But of course we all know who Claude Puel, Rudi Garcia and Marco Silva were two weeks ago didn't we.

Has it really taken a long time???......off course it hasn't.

We are not mid season and therefore playing games with a caretaker in charge......the players are either on their holidays or in the Euro and then on holiday.

Ideally we want a manager in place for when the first of the players return to pre-season training but i would rather we take our time and get this appointment spot on than rush things just to please a bunch of internet warriors with no patience at all......oh and not having a manager in place is obviously not stopping us sign players is it!

You do know the black box isn't a magic wand which out of nowhere produces a new manager as soon as the other one fooks off for a few quid more? It's a tool to identify them, then there is the interview process, then the negotiation process. But of course we all know who Claude Puel, Rudi Garcia and Marco Silva were two weeks ago didn't we.

Well let's ditch the black box and get a f**king magic wand then, pal.

Has it really taken a long time???......off course it hasn't.

We are not mid season and therefore playing games with a caretaker in charge......the players are either on their holidays or in the Euro and then on holiday.

Ideally we want a manager in place for when the first of the players return to pre-season training but i would rather we take our time and get this appointment spot on than rush things just to please a bunch of internet warriors with no patience at all......oh and not having a manager in place is obviously not stopping us sign players is it!

Spot on. It's like your girlfriend left you for some ugly rich guy. Do you just let the first cute girl you see move straight into your house and get a joint bank account? Of course not you flirt a bit with various cuties and go on a few dates etc. No rush here at the moment.

Spot on. It's like your girlfriend left you for some ugly rich guy. Do you just let the first cute girl you see move straight into your house and get a joint bank account? Of course not you flirt a bit with various cuties and go on a few dates etc. No rush here at the moment.

Screw the lot of them I say.

Would rather they took their time to get the right person than went for the first name just because they're a big name and it's quick.

It could be worse. Forest have been looking for a manager for 3 months, I can't even imagine the meltdown level on the boards if that was the case with Saints. lol

Just adding a line in support of the new, new, new manager thread...actually I just want a post number in the top 20 instead of the 1,000's.

Silva for me please, although I have gone from super-underwhelmed by the concept of Puel to mildly supportive since I bothered to do some background reading.

My brother in law, who has no knowledge of football at all, has been told by a mate of his who is a professional gambler/trader/whatever etc that he should put money down on Klinnsman.

I reckon it's bull****, but it would be odd for him to mention it to me, as he has no idea who Klinnsman is, and doesn't care about it either way.

My brother in law, who has no knowledge of football at all, has been told by a mate of his who is a professional gambler/trader/whatever etc that he should put money down on Klinnsman.

I reckon it's bull****, but it would be odd for him to mention it to me, as he has no idea who Klinnsman is, and doesn't care about it either way.

The club have already fed out that they are not and have not been interested in Klinsmann at any time, so I'd presume his mate isn't a very good professional gambler...

The club have already fed out that they are not and have not been interested in Klinsmann at any time, so I'd presume his mate isn't a very good professional gambler...

His friend is very successful at it actually. Sometimes people get fed wrong information. I'm sure it's not happening. Just odd that my brother-in-law spoke about it.

What he actually told us was that He'd been told "Saints were going to appoint a bloke starting with K."

After a few minutes of telling him, no, we just got rid of a bloke starting with K, Klinnsman was mentioned on the television, and he recognised the name from that which his friend had told him.

His friend is very successful at it actually. Sometimes people get fed wrong information. I'm sure it's not happening. Just odd that my brother-in-law spoke about it.

What he actually told us was that He'd been told "Saints were going to appoint a bloke starting with K."

After a few minutes of telling him, no, we just got rid of a bloke starting with K, Klinnsman was mentioned on the television, and he recognised the name from that which his friend had told him.

Roy Keane?

Ireland physio just tweeted he has joined us from Sheffield Wed, could this be a hint that the Ireland management team is on its way?

I've said this before, but if roy keane is appointed at Southampton FC in any capacity I will support another club until he leaves. I honestly couldn't bear that.

To be fair I did know that, yes. I shall now go and infract myself for such a sarcastic comment.

It could be worse. Forest have been looking for a manager for 3 months, I can't even imagine the meltdown level on the boards if that was the case with Saints. lol

We would appoint Dave Watson before that happened and he would probably be pretty good.

Or maybe he wants bets to be placed on a sure lose to shift the odds so that he bet on the winner will be more profitable.

In the excitement of it all, I seem to have missed the reason for yet another thread of speculation and conjecture replacing a thread speculating and full of conjecture on exactly the same topic.

So that people can start reading this thread at the beginning without feeling like they missed anything.

The horrific conclusion to the new manager appointment is rhat Les Reed could very easily appoint himself. Such is his thurst for power and belief in himself.

PS wouldn't it be easier to title the thread " New Manager Thread (updated)

To be fair I did know that, yes. I shall now go and infract myself for such a sarcastic comment.

As a mod you need to set an example. Jimmy d has enough on his plate sifting through the hundreds of other pointless comments a day to issue the infractions they merit without you deliberately suggesting this sort of behaviour is acceptable.

There seem to be a lot of 5 year contracts buzzing around these days, together with talk of a new direction. It'd be interesting if the new manager was offered a five year deal too.

I vote the next thread is called "final, new, new, new manager thread" and the one after that "new, final, new, new, new manager thread" please.

Let's just get this Marco Silva guy and be done with it, I mean how hard can it be? He's got the Midas touch and he raises a firm middle finger at company dress code. I like that.

Yep Silva for me, great record at a small club that had to sell their best players, a good albeit short record at two big clubs, young up and coming coach, plays attacking football, knows the Portuguese league and has experience in Europe.

If it was between him and Puel I just think Silva would be the more exciting appointment, not only to us but for the players, like when Poch came in the players loved him.

If it's Puel I will back him though and see what happens, just can't see the excitement of him being appointed compared to a manager like Silva.

Where's this new Poll then?

Should be

Puel

Silva

FDB

Yakin?

Edited by Saint IQ

Especially considering he is himself (basically) DOF.

I can't see the need for another link between the team and the boardroom. Les pretty much does that.

He has overseen a major player leaving and a major player signing, with no manager in place.

There are 2 ways of looking at the time it is taking to annoint a new messiah.

Either we are being thorough and diligent in making sure we get the right man (again) or we haven't got a scooby and no one is buying into "the Southampton Way".

I hope it's the former.[/quote)

I am also amazed at some of these panic reactions. It's not as if we have lost a manager in mid-season.....it doesn't matter what happens next week...

You can replace a player (with someone off the bench) like changing a wheel on the car, but a new manager is like a new engine, it takes a longer time.

It's Summer for goodness sake.....Players on holiday (or at Euro 2016) .....no need to worry about losing a game next Saturday. First League game is 7 weeks away.

Why wouldn't we want to interview everyone possible before appointing someone.

The longer it takes ....the more thorough the process will be, and if A, B. or C is seen to be inappropriate, or doesn't want the job ..at least we have time to look at the rest.

I just wonder how much " mug money " the bookies have made on bets for those "candidates " who have already fallen by the wayside ....