View Poll Results: Saints Web Definitely Not Official Second Referendum

Voters
129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Leave Before - Leave Now

    26 20.16%
  • Leave Before - Remain Now

    7 5.43%
  • Leave Before - Not Bothered Now

    2 1.55%
  • Remain Before - Remain Now

    74 57.36%
  • Remain Before - Leave Now

    5 3.88%
  • Remain Before - Not Bothered Now

    0 0%
  • Not Bothered Before - Leave Now

    2 1.55%
  • Not Bothered Before - Remain Now

    4 3.10%
  • I've never been bothered - Why am I on this Thread?

    2 1.55%
  • No second Ref - 2016 was Definitive and Binding

    7 5.43%
Page 276 of 283 FirstFirst ... 176226266274275276277278 ... LastLast
Results 13,751 to 13,800 of 14122

Thread: Brexit - Enter at Your Own Risk

  1. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by badgerx16 View Post
    I was asking how BoJo would excuse it, given he promised it "do or die".
    ...Because the opposition have since engineered a situation where it's impossible in their never ending bid to overturn the vote in 2016.

  2. #13752

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Rothschild and Soros HQ
    Posts
    18,980
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    https://mobile.twitter.com/PropertyS...24684021948418

    Jesus wept. And the usual suspects will lap it up.

  3. #13753

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    22 Acacia Avenue
    Posts
    11,555

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Saint_clark View Post
    ...Because the opposition have since engineered a situation where it's impossible in their never ending bid to overturn the vote in 2016.
    Given how clever Cummings and co think they are, could they not have foreseen this?

  4. #13754

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Southampton
    Posts
    12,274

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shurlock View Post
    Re Mugabe did you see Quentin Letts bizarre tweet? As for Miller's case, it barely stood a chance of succeeding.
    Regarding Letts' tweet, I hadn't read it, but having done so, I suspect that most who responded don't get the tongue in cheek heavy irony.

    As for the vexatious constitutional litigant Miller, perhaps she should have employed you to consult her rather than her legal council. They seem to be a grossly incompetent lot. Thankfully when it comes down to ruling on Constitutional procedure the judiciary aren't as cavalier as Bercow is in interpreting it.

  5. #13755

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Southampton
    Posts
    12,274

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by badgerx16 View Post
    Given how clever Cummings and co think they are, could they not have foreseen this?
    No doubt Cummings and Co had depended on Bercow doing his job properly, being even-handed and respecting centuries of Parliamentary procedure. It's a pity that there appears to be no procedure for dismissing the egotistical little toad.

  6. #13756

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Sometimes here, sometimes there...
    Posts
    2,622

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wes Tender View Post
    No doubt Cummings and Co had depended on Bercow doing his job properly, being even-handed and respecting centuries of Parliamentary procedure. It's a pity that there appears to be no procedure for dismissing the egotistical little toad.
    First speaker since WW2 to be elected 3 times...

  7. #13757

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Sometimes here, sometimes there...
    Posts
    2,622

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wes Tender View Post
    No doubt Cummings and Co had depended on Bercow doing his job properly, being even-handed and respecting centuries of Parliamentary procedure. It's a pity that there appears to be no procedure for dismissing the egotistical little toad.
    You also seem to have forgotten that it was Bercow's bending of the rules that allowed Eurosceptic MP's to force a Commons vote that led to the 2016 Referendum

  8. #13758

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    After moving around Kent, Surrey and Sussex have now settled on the edge of Romney Marsh
    Posts
    12,526

    Default

    You can tell he is doing a good job from seeing where the criticism is coming from.

  9. Default

    Finally a clear idea of what Labour's Brexit policy is:


  10. #13760

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Southampton
    Posts
    12,274

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marsdinho View Post
    You also seem to have forgotten that it was Bercow's bending of the rules that allowed Eurosceptic MP's to force a Commons vote that led to the 2016 Referendum
    I don't recall that. Please do give me a link. The holding of a referendum was an election pledge, from the majority party elected, so what was the problem? I expect that Bercow (who admitted that he voted Remain, although he is supposed to be impartial) probably thought that Remain would win the referendum, so was happy to accommodate it.

  11. #13761

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    West of Fareham
    Posts
    12,726

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Saint_clark View Post
    Because the opposition are engineering a situation where it's impossible for us to leave on that date (assuming the EU grant another extension, which they're almost certain to do). They've voted to refuse to leave without a deal and look like they'll refuse to vote for an election to decide one way or the other before the 31st.
    Nothing stopping Boris going to Brussels and actually negotiating a deal.

  12. #13762

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Southampton
    Posts
    12,274

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marsdinho View Post
    First speaker since WW2 to be elected 3 times...
    So was Maggie Thatcher. Are you suggesting that being elected three times makes somebody fireproof over everything they do?

  13. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aintforever View Post
    Nothing stopping Boris going to Brussels and actually negotiating a deal.
    With both hands tied behind his back. What you people don't realise is that the voters in this country aren't stupid. They know that taking no deal off the table is code for staying in. They also know why little $h!t$ like Kinnock want us to stay aboard the taxpayer funded gravy train. Stealing public money runs in his family and his party, until, finally, you run out of public funds, like Greece.

  14. #13764

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Rothschild and Soros HQ
    Posts
    18,980
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Seeing Gove rocking in fury rainman-style as Bercow slapped him down was priceless.

  15. #13765

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    West of Fareham
    Posts
    12,726

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Guided Missile View Post
    With both hands tied behind his back. What you people don't realise is that the voters in this country aren't stupid. They know that taking no deal off the table is code for staying in. They also know why little $h!t$ like Kinnock want us to stay aboard the taxpayer funded gravy train. Stealing public money runs in his family and his party, until, finally, you run out of public funds, like Greece.
    That’s just nonsense, he doesn’t even need to get a trade deal yet, just a new withdrawal agreement with a workable solution to the NI border. He can’t get it because it just doesn’t exist. To have the Brexit he promised there needs to be a border, it’s that simple.

  16. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aintforever View Post
    Thatís just nonsense, he doesnít even need to get a trade deal yet, just a new withdrawal agreement with a workable solution to the NI border. He canít get it because it just doesnít exist. To have the Brexit he promised there needs to be a border, itís that simple.
    Also nonsense as Labour have said one of their 6 "tests" (which were designed to be so unreasonable that they would never have to agree to a deal) says about being in a customs union, which wouldn't be decided until after the withdrawal agreement was already agreed and we'd already left.

  17. #13767

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Southampton
    Posts
    12,274

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shurlock View Post
    Seeing Gove rocking in fury rainman-style as Bercow slapped him down was priceless.
    Bercow's behaviour was disgusting and personal. No wonder that he has faced accusations that he is a bully. But it doesn't surprise me that you find it funny, as that is how you behave too.

  18. #13768

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Guided Missile View Post
    With both hands tied behind his back. What you people don't realise is that the voters in this country aren't stupid. They know that taking no deal off the table is code for staying in. They also know why little $h!t$ like Kinnock want us to stay aboard the taxpayer funded gravy train. Stealing public money runs in his family and his party, until, finally, you run out of public funds, like Greece.
    We've proved time and time again that 52% of them are...

  19. #13769

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wes Tender View Post
    Bercow's behaviour was disgusting and personal. No wonder that he has faced accusations that he is a bully. But it doesn't surprise me that you find it funny, as that is how you behave too.
    I mean, I don't really know where to start with this, but how about with this. Bullying from your hero's:

    Boris:

    https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics...thy-bully-has/

    https://www.theguardian.com/politics...boy-game-video

    https://www.theguardian.com/politics...r-darius-guppy

    Michael Gove:

    https://www.independent.co.uk/news/e...e-8497626.html

    Dominic Cummings:

    https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politi...ttack-19572196

    JRM:

    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-49598999

    Not a surprise that you supported this lot, considering you've consistently stated your dislike for Jews and Arabs, have supported the beating up of Remainers in pubs, and have put the happiness and future prosperity of your children and grandchildren behind your hell bent obsession with not admitting you were conned - firstly at the referendum, and then in the Tory Leadership election.

  20. Default

    No deal was described by the Prime Minister as a "million to one chance" so I really think it makes much difference. Boris just needs to go and land that fabulous deal that he and Gove were promoting back in 2016.

    Off you go son.

  21. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Unbelievable Jeff View Post
    We've proved time and time again that 52% of them are...
    Sums you up mate.

  22. Default



    Stop the democratic election....

  23. #13773

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    22 Acacia Avenue
    Posts
    11,555

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wes Tender View Post
    No doubt Cummings and Co had depended on Bercow doing his job properly, being even-handed and respecting centuries of Parliamentary procedure. It's a pity that there appears to be no procedure for dismissing the egotistical little toad.
    But, he is a Conservative.

  24. #13774

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Guided Missile View Post
    Sums you up mate.
    What happened to being on ignore? Or did you decide to take me back off in the last 6 hours? Or are you just a fraud, like the rest of your heroes?

  25. #13775

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    22 Acacia Avenue
    Posts
    11,555

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wes Tender View Post
    I expect that Bercow (who admitted that he voted Remain, although he is supposed to be impartial)....
    Being impartial and holding an opinion can be mutually exclusive. ( Unless you are a Premier League referee ).

  26. #13776

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    West of Fareham
    Posts
    12,726

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Guided Missile View Post


    Stop the democratic election....
    Do you really think forcing the public to choose between a Corbyn government or a no deal Brexit is a fine example of democracy?

  27. #13777

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    22 Acacia Avenue
    Posts
    11,555

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Unbelievable Jeff View Post
    Not a surprise that you supported this lot, considering you've consistently stated your dislike for Jews and Arabs,......
    Careful, John Bercow is Jewish, you aren't suggesting anything unsavoury are you ?

  28. #13778

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by badgerx16 View Post
    Careful, John Bercow is Jewish, you aren't suggesting anything unsavoury are you ?
    Quelle surprise.

  29. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aintforever View Post
    Do you really think forcing the public to choose between a Corbyn government or a no deal Brexit is a fine example of democracy?
    At least we'll know which is preferred rather than just letting them ignore previous votes and decades of convention to do what they want.

  30. #13780

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    West of Fareham
    Posts
    12,726

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Saint_clark View Post
    At least we'll know which is preferred rather than just letting them ignore previous votes and decades of convention to do what they want.
    And what if the vast majority of the public want neither?

  31. #13781

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Unbelievable Jeff View Post
    What happened to being on ignore? Or did you decide to take me back off in the last 6 hours? Or are you just a fraud, like the rest of your heroes?

    That sums him up. He is a" big girl's blouse" telling people that he is putting them on ignore. As if they really care.

    You can see why any decent university rejected him despite the school he came from and why he studied at Pompey Poly.

  32. #13782

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tamesaint View Post
    That sums him up. He is a" big girl's blouse" telling people that he is putting them on ignore. As if they really care.

    You can see why any decent university rejected him despite the school he came from and why he studied at Pompey Poly.
    What school did he go to?

  33. #13783

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    22 Acacia Avenue
    Posts
    11,555

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Unbelievable Jeff View Post
    What school did he go to?
    Same one I did, but I paid attention.

  34. #13784

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Stalking Theo's Missus
    Posts
    12,879

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wes Tender View Post
    That's strange. Surely the main threat to sterling would be and election win by Corbyn?
    https://www.ft.com/content/36a01cd8-...4-b5ded7a7fe3f

  35. #13785

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by badgerx16 View Post
    Same one I did, but I paid attention.
    Oh dear, is it one of those schools where your parents would be very disappointed if you ended up a Poly?

  36. #13786

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    22 Acacia Avenue
    Posts
    11,555

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Unbelievable Jeff View Post
    Oh dear, is it one of those schools where your parents would be very disappointed if you ended up a Poly?
    Possibly, but both my brother and I went to Uni, ( me to Wales, him to Cambridge ), so our parents seemed happy. It was bit strange being referred to as 'senior' and my brother 'junior', and having teachers who had been at the school with our father, and indeed one who had taught, ( and remembered ), him.
    Last edited by badgerx16; 06-09-2019 at 07:59 PM.

  37. #13787

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Cusp of a wave
    Posts
    18,783

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Saint_clark View Post
    Because the opposition are engineering a situation where it's impossible for us to leave on that date (assuming the EU grant another extension, which they're almost certain to do). They've voted to refuse to leave without a deal and look like they'll refuse to vote for an election to decide one way or the other before the 31st.
    Why is it impossible? Do a deal and leave. Unless of course he's just posturing

  38. #13788

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Cusp of a wave
    Posts
    18,783

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Unbelievable Jeff View Post
    Oh dear, is it one of those schools where your parents would be very disappointed if you ended up a Poly?
    St Mary's I think.

  39. #13789

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    22 Acacia Avenue
    Posts
    11,555

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by buctootim View Post
    St Mary's I think.
    Oi ! Spuds, if you don't mind.

  40. #13790

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by buctootim View Post
    St Mary's I think.
    Yes.... and the EU consider his firm to sell poisonous chemicals. So he hates the EU.

  41. #13791

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Rothschild and Soros HQ
    Posts
    18,980
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    John M, man of the people railing against the establishment, was privately educated?

  42. #13792

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    22 Acacia Avenue
    Posts
    11,555

    Default

    Gentlemen, please, from the horse's mouth;
    Quote Originally Posted by Guided Missile View Post
    I am a moron, but that is due to 7 years attending King Edward VI school.

  43. #13793

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Cusp of a wave
    Posts
    18,783

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tamesaint View Post
    Yes.... and the EU consider his firm to sell poisonous chemicals. So he hates the EU.
    Exactly. Whats a little DNA altering here and there?

  44. #13794

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    22 Acacia Avenue
    Posts
    11,555

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by buctootim View Post
    Exactly. Whats a little DNA altering here and there?

  45. #13795

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Rothschild and Soros HQ
    Posts
    18,980
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by badgerx16 View Post
    #genderbender

  46. #13796

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Sandwich, Kent
    Posts
    3,034

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by trousers View Post
    ...
    Anymore of your bull and you're dead meat.

  47. #13797

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    3,894

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shurlock View Post
    Its a bit more complicated pal. If you've followed the primaries closely (obviously you haven't), you'll have noted that there has been hardening on both sides against free trade.

    http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/6e3451d6-3...#axzz4CmlHTiTJ

    "Free trade will not have an ally in the White House next year"

    The primaries (and caucuses) don't begin until next February.

  48. #13798

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Southampton
    Posts
    17,387

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shurlock View Post
    John M, man of the people railing against the establishment, was privately educated?
    I fear we are fellow alumni.

  49. #13799

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by badgerx16 View Post
    Gentlemen, please, from the horse's mouth;
    Wow, just wow.

    His contributions to this thread are the greatest advert to a state education that I've seen.

    It also gives an insight into his insecurities around getting things consistently wrong, as I bet he's spent his whole life with the disappointment of his parents ringing in his ears.

  50. #13800

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Rothschild and Soros HQ
    Posts
    18,980
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hamilton Saint View Post
    The primaries (and caucuses) don't begin until next February.
    I wrote this in 2016. Was writing at the time of the last election cycle.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •