• Remain Before - Leave Now

5 3.88%
  • Remain Before - Not Bothered Now

0 0%
  • Not Bothered Before - Leave Now

2 1.55%
  • Not Bothered Before - Remain Now

4 3.10%
  • I've never been bothered - Why am I on this Thread?

2 1.55%
  • No second Ref - 2016 was Definitive and Binding

7 5.43%
Page 276 of 283 FirstFirst ... 176226266274275276277278 ... LastLast
Results 13,751 to 13,800 of 14122

Thread: Brexit - Enter at Your Own Risk

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by badgerx16 View Post
    I was asking how BoJo would excuse it, given he promised it "do or die".
    ...Because the opposition have since engineered a situation where it's impossible in their never ending bid to overturn the vote in 2016.

Blog Entries

https://mobile.twitter.com/PropertyS...24684021948418

Jesus wept. And the usual suspects will lap it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Saint_clark View Post
    ...Because the opposition have since engineered a situation where it's impossible in their never ending bid to overturn the vote in 2016.
    Given how clever Cummings and co think they are, could they not have foreseen this?

Quote Originally Posted by shurlock View Post
    Re Mugabe did you see Quentin Letts bizarre tweet? As for Miller's case, it barely stood a chance of succeeding.
    Regarding Letts' tweet, I hadn't read it, but having done so, I suspect that most who responded don't get the tongue in cheek heavy irony.

As for the vexatious constitutional litigant Miller, perhaps she should have employed you to consult her rather than her legal council. They seem to be a grossly incompetent lot. Thankfully when it comes down to ruling on Constitutional procedure the judiciary aren't as cavalier as Bercow is in interpreting it.

Given how clever Cummings and co think they are, could they not have foreseen this?
    No doubt Cummings and Co had depended on Bercow doing his job properly, being even-handed and respecting centuries of Parliamentary procedure. It's a pity that there appears to be no procedure for dismissing the egotistical little toad.

Quote Originally Posted by Wes Tender View Post
    No doubt Cummings and Co had depended on Bercow doing his job properly, being even-handed and respecting centuries of Parliamentary procedure. It's a pity that there appears to be no procedure for dismissing the egotistical little toad.
    First speaker since WW2 to be elected 3 times...

You also seem to have forgotten that it was Bercow's bending of the rules that allowed Eurosceptic MP's to force a Commons vote that led to the 2016 Referendum

After moving around Kent, Surrey and Sussex have now settled on the edge of Romney Marsh

You can tell he is doing a good job from seeing where the criticism is coming from.

9. Default

Finally a clear idea of what Labour's Brexit policy is:

Quote Originally Posted by Marsdinho View Post
    You also seem to have forgotten that it was Bercow's bending of the rules that allowed Eurosceptic MP's to force a Commons vote that led to the 2016 Referendum
    I don't recall that. Please do give me a link. The holding of a referendum was an election pledge, from the majority party elected, so what was the problem? I expect that Bercow (who admitted that he voted Remain, although he is supposed to be impartial) probably thought that Remain would win the referendum, so was happy to accommodate it.

Because the opposition are engineering a situation where it's impossible for us to leave on that date (assuming the EU grant another extension, which they're almost certain to do). They've voted to refuse to leave without a deal and look like they'll refuse to vote for an election to decide one way or the other before the 31st.
    Nothing stopping Boris going to Brussels and actually negotiating a deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Marsdinho View Post
    First speaker since WW2 to be elected 3 times...
    So was Maggie Thatcher. Are you suggesting that being elected three times makes somebody fireproof over everything they do?

13. Default

Quote Originally Posted by aintforever View Post
    Nothing stopping Boris going to Brussels and actually negotiating a deal.
    With both hands tied behind his back. What you people don't realise is that the voters in this country aren't stupid. They know that taking no deal off the table is code for staying in. They also know why little $h!t$ like Kinnock want us to stay aboard the taxpayer funded gravy train. Stealing public money runs in his family and his party, until, finally, you run out of public funds, like Greece.

Blog Entries

Seeing Gove rocking in fury rainman-style as Bercow slapped him down was priceless.

Quote Originally Posted by Guided Missile View Post
    With both hands tied behind his back. What you people don't realise is that the voters in this country aren't stupid. They know that taking no deal off the table is code for staying in. They also know why little $h!t$ like Kinnock want us to stay aboard the taxpayer funded gravy train. Stealing public money runs in his family and his party, until, finally, you run out of public funds, like Greece.
    That’s just nonsense, he doesn’t even need to get a trade deal yet, just a new withdrawal agreement with a workable solution to the NI border. He can’t get it because it just doesn’t exist. To have the Brexit he promised there needs to be a border, it’s that simple.

16. Default

Thatís just nonsense, he doesnít even need to get a trade deal yet, just a new withdrawal agreement with a workable solution to the NI border. He canít get it because it just doesnít exist. To have the Brexit he promised there needs to be a border, itís that simple.
    Also nonsense as Labour have said one of their 6 "tests" (which were designed to be so unreasonable that they would never have to agree to a deal) says about being in a customs union, which wouldn't be decided until after the withdrawal agreement was already agreed and we'd already left.

Seeing Gove rocking in fury rainman-style as Bercow slapped him down was priceless.
    Bercow's behaviour was disgusting and personal. No wonder that he has faced accusations that he is a bully. But it doesn't surprise me that you find it funny, as that is how you behave too.

We've proved time and time again that 52% of them are...

Bercow's behaviour was disgusting and personal. No wonder that he has faced accusations that he is a bully. But it doesn't surprise me that you find it funny, as that is how you behave too.
    I mean, I don't really know where to start with this, but how about with this. Bullying from your hero's:

Boris:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics...thy-bully-has/

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...boy-game-video

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...r-darius-guppy

Michael Gove:

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/e...e-8497626.html

Dominic Cummings:

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politi...ttack-19572196

JRM:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-49598999

Not a surprise that you supported this lot, considering you've consistently stated your dislike for Jews and Arabs, have supported the beating up of Remainers in pubs, and have put the happiness and future prosperity of your children and grandchildren behind your hell bent obsession with not admitting you were conned - firstly at the referendum, and then in the Tory Leadership election.

20. Default

No deal was described by the Prime Minister as a "million to one chance" so I really think it makes much difference. Boris just needs to go and land that fabulous deal that he and Gove were promoting back in 2016.

Off you go son.

21. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Unbelievable Jeff View Post
    We've proved time and time again that 52% of them are...
    Sums you up mate.

22. Default

Stop the democratic election....

But, he is a Conservative.

Sums you up mate.
    What happened to being on ignore? Or did you decide to take me back off in the last 6 hours? Or are you just a fraud, like the rest of your heroes?

I expect that Bercow (who admitted that he voted Remain, although he is supposed to be impartial)....
    Being impartial and holding an opinion can be mutually exclusive. ( Unless you are a Premier League referee ).

Stop the democratic election....
    Do you really think forcing the public to choose between a Corbyn government or a no deal Brexit is a fine example of democracy?

Not a surprise that you supported this lot, considering you've consistently stated your dislike for Jews and Arabs,......
    Careful, John Bercow is Jewish, you aren't suggesting anything unsavoury are you ?

Careful, John Bercow is Jewish, you aren't suggesting anything unsavoury are you ?
    Quelle surprise.

29. Default

Do you really think forcing the public to choose between a Corbyn government or a no deal Brexit is a fine example of democracy?
    At least we'll know which is preferred rather than just letting them ignore previous votes and decades of convention to do what they want.

At least we'll know which is preferred rather than just letting them ignore previous votes and decades of convention to do what they want.
    And what if the vast majority of the public want neither?

What happened to being on ignore? Or did you decide to take me back off in the last 6 hours? Or are you just a fraud, like the rest of your heroes?

That sums him up. He is a" big girl's blouse" telling people that he is putting them on ignore. As if they really care.

You can see why any decent university rejected him despite the school he came from and why he studied at Pompey Poly.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamesaint View Post
    That sums him up. He is a" big girl's blouse" telling people that he is putting them on ignore. As if they really care.

You can see why any decent university rejected him despite the school he came from and why he studied at Pompey Poly.
    What school did he go to?

What school did he go to?
    Same one I did, but I paid attention.

That's strange. Surely the main threat to sterling would be and election win by Corbyn?
    https://www.ft.com/content/36a01cd8-...4-b5ded7a7fe3f

Same one I did, but I paid attention.
    Oh dear, is it one of those schools where your parents would be very disappointed if you ended up a Poly?

Oh dear, is it one of those schools where your parents would be very disappointed if you ended up a Poly?
    Possibly, but both my brother and I went to Uni, ( me to Wales, him to Cambridge ), so our parents seemed happy. It was bit strange being referred to as 'senior' and my brother 'junior', and having teachers who had been at the school with our father, and indeed one who had taught, ( and remembered ), him.
    Last edited by badgerx16; 06-09-2019 at 07:59 PM.

Because the opposition are engineering a situation where it's impossible for us to leave on that date (assuming the EU grant another extension, which they're almost certain to do). They've voted to refuse to leave without a deal and look like they'll refuse to vote for an election to decide one way or the other before the 31st.
    Why is it impossible? Do a deal and leave. Unless of course he's just posturing

St Mary's I think.

Quote Originally Posted by buctootim View Post
    St Mary's I think.
    Oi ! Spuds, if you don't mind.

St Mary's I think.
    Yes.... and the EU consider his firm to sell poisonous chemicals. So he hates the EU.

Blog Entries

John M, man of the people railing against the establishment, was privately educated?

Gentlemen, please, from the horse's mouth;
    I am a moron, but that is due to 7 years attending King Edward VI school.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamesaint View Post
    Yes.... and the EU consider his firm to sell poisonous chemicals. So he hates the EU.
    Exactly. Whats a little DNA altering here and there?

Exactly. Whats a little DNA altering here and there?

Blog Entries

#genderbender

Quote Originally Posted by trousers View Post
    Anymore of your bull and you're dead meat.

Its a bit more complicated pal. If you've followed the primaries closely (obviously you haven't), you'll have noted that there has been hardening on both sides against free trade.

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/6e3451d6-3...#axzz4CmlHTiTJ

"Free trade will not have an ally in the White House next year"

The primaries (and caucuses) don't begin until next February.

John M, man of the people railing against the establishment, was privately educated?
    I fear we are fellow alumni.

Gentlemen, please, from the horse's mouth;
    Wow, just wow.

His contributions to this thread are the greatest advert to a state education that I've seen.

It also gives an insight into his insecurities around getting things consistently wrong, as I bet he's spent his whole life with the disappointment of his parents ringing in his ears.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hamilton Saint View Post
    The primaries (and caucuses) don't begin until next February.
    I wrote this in 2016. Was writing at the time of the last election cycle.