• Leave Before - Leave Now
    • Leave Before - Remain Now
    • Leave Before - Not Bothered Now
    • Remain Before - Remain Now
    • Remain Before - Leave Now
    • Remain Before - Not Bothered Now
    • Not Bothered Before - Leave Now
    • Not Bothered Before - Remain Now
    • I've never been bothered - Why am I on this Thread?
    • No second Ref - 2016 was Definitive and Binding

You will not be surprised to hear that I, along with roughly half the population, won't be celebrating. Why would anyone celebrate a national disaster and the start of inflation, recession, the death of the NHS, breakup of the UK, worsening of living conditions and restriction of movement?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

You forgot the plague of locusts, death of the firstborn, the four horsemen of the Apocalypse. :rolleyes: Get a grip, man.

You forgot the plague of locusts, death of the firstborn, the four horsemen of the Apocalypse. :rolleyes: Get a grip, man.
All those too.

Although it's little compensation, I will get some satisfaction from the realisation that "Project Fear" was a name invented by Brexiteers to discredit painful truths and pretend there was nothing to worry about.

It's started already.

Well whatever happens we can blame Camerons sphincter giving way during the rise of UKIP. If anything the Brexit saga has shown just how out of touch politicians are with the masses, DC never imagined in his wildest nightmares that the people would vote to leave (neither did Boris), but like it or not that was the case.

I think referendums have proven too divisive to be used again in their current format, like the Scottish issue the result was close and virtually split the voters down the middle give or take a couple of %.

The question for me is that will the result really make a difference to the issues that people voted on (mainly immigration, lets face it)...? Will we see curly cucumbers in our supermarkets again, will the 47 EU directives on the humble teaspoon be revised. I sincerely hope so.

The Withdrawal Agreement Bill has been granted Royal Assent. That was all plain sailing. A week tomorrow at 11pm and we're out. How is everybody on here planning to celebrate our freedom?

I shall be raising a glass to the people that made it happen, the people who ensured this glorious day happened.

Gina Miller, who ensured Theresa May’s BRINO was subject to a meaningful vote and couldn’t bypass parliament.

John Bercow for showing us voters in a clear and precise way how the establishment were trying to ignore the people.

For Dominic Grievence, Rory Stewart, Ken Clarke, Fatty Soames, Gauke, Hammond & the other “rebels”, for allowing Boris to unite the party and make it electable, by kicking their sorry arses out.

But finally, the really special person, without who we’d still be stuck with a Tory government with a majority of -42. Still stuck with a remain parliament deluding themselves that the people had changed their minds. Still stuck hearing cries for a second referendum. The one & only Jo Swinson. Because her decision to back a GE is the only reason it’s happening.

Heroes to the Brexit movement , I salute you all.....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm entirely content with the state of play at the moment, Gavyn. We're out of the EU at 11pm next Friday, so I'll probably have a bit of a hangover next Saturday from an excess of bubbly during celebrations. You've come out with a load of project fear drivel ever since before the referendum and very little of it has come to pass, so excuse me if I ignore a lot of what you will be coming out with in the next few months. I'm on the right side of history with the Brexiteers on the question of terminating our membership of the EU, you remoaners aren't, so again, it's probably not a very astute position for you to take on other peoples' judgement, Gavyn. When you talk about a threadbare zero tariff, zero quota FTA, you mean one that allows us to control our immigration, fix up our own trade deals around the world, stop having to pay billions into the EU coffers, the cessation of our laws being subjugated to EU laws, regaining control of our own coastal waters? Only that, eh, Gavyn? It looks like a pretty mouthwatering cake to me. [emoji38]
Utterly deluded. I'm sticking to football discussions.

I'll probably have a bit of a hangover next Saturday from an excess of bubbly during celebrations.

DRIVEL ALERT

God only knows the bile and drivel that Les will come up with next Saturday morning. He is bad enough at the best of times.

Clearly no garden gnome sales next Saturday.

DRIVEL ALERT

God only knows the bile and drivel that Les will come up with next Saturday morning. He is bad enough at the best of times.

Clearly no garden gnome sales next Saturday.

As I've told you many times before, sonny, you don't have to read it. Just put me on ignore. (ps I don't work Saturdays).

As I've told you many times before, sonny, you don't have to read it. Just put me on ignore. (ps I don't work Saturdays).

You must be going senile grandad. You have suggested ignore just once. I find your posts amusing and fascinating in a morbid , head shaking way . How would I get my laughs if I had you on ignore?

From the amount you write on here, I doubt if you work on any day of the week. "Why use a sentence when I can use a paragraph" seems to be your motto.

1 week to go.

I reckon one or two will get a bit more spiteful in their defeat.

:o

As opposed to those that will get more hateful in their victory ?

Nobody knows how things will look in 5 years time. If those with a positive outlook are proved right, all well and good. However, if the more negatively inclined are found to have been even partially correct, they wont even be able to fully enjoy their schadenfreude.

As opposed to those that will get more hateful in their victory ?

Nobody knows how things will look in 5 years time. If those with a positive outlook are proved right, all well and good. However, if the more negatively inclined are found to have been even partially correct, they wont even be able to fully enjoy their schadenfreude.

you could have fooled me with the project fear predictions

You must be going senile grandad. You have suggested ignore just once. I find your posts amusing and fascinating in a morbid , head shaking way . How would I get my laughs if I had you on ignore?

From the amount you write on here, I doubt if you work on any day of the week. "Why use a sentence when I can use a paragraph" seems to be your motto.

The last one was the third time, but who's counting? I'm pleased that you won't be putting me on ignore, sonny, so that I can continue to annoy you. No doubt you will also be pleased to be able to post your usual small-minded, nit-picking responses, so we'll both be happy.

you could have fooled me with the project fear predictions

The fact that the country is already poorer than it otherwise would have been is irrelevant to you. All that matters is that Osborne's predictions turned out wrong. Is like you when you predict us getting smashed in the prematch threads and we only end up losing 2-0?

Edited by shurlock

The last one was the third time, but who's counting? I'm pleased that you won't be putting me on ignore, sonny, so that I can continue to annoy you. No doubt you will also be pleased to be able to post your usual small-minded, nit-picking responses, so we'll both be happy.

Jeez Wes, if only you were more self aware. It's like listening to Barney Rubble criticise Einstein. You are without doubt the most blinkered poster on here. Others are thicker but only you have such a narrow tribalistic view of the world.

854a4bcb198625e7f8318f48e6c56470.jpg

Its obviously just a photoshop mock up, not even a real picture of the shirts. Look at the super straight lines and text across their chests despite the obvious contours. (cue Ducky blabbing about the flat chested bird thats why). Probably couldnt bribe any models to actually wear them

Edited by buctootim

Jeez Wes, if only you were more self aware. It's like listening to Barney Rubble criticise Einstein. You are without doubt the most blinkered poster on here. Others are thicker but only you have such a narrow tribalistic view of the world.

Timmy, I take it that this isn't a good time to ask when you will paying the £50 to charity because we aren't going for the Norway option. Ok, we aren't officially out until close of play Friday, and the WA only finishes December 31st, but only the most blinkered and lacking in self-awareness would believe that to be a credible option now.

Timmy, I take it that this isn't a good time to ask when you will paying the £50 to charity because we aren't going for the Norway option. Ok, we aren't officially out until close of play Friday, and the WA only finishes December 31st, but only the most blinkered and lacking in self-awareness would believe that to be a credible option now.

Interesting you say that. The Tories have a big majority and the ERG have also gained in number since the election. There was a Twitter post from one of their members (can't remember who) after the election, I believe there's around 40 of them now, which brings their votes into play later down the line.

I wouldn't put it past them to refuse to back a trade deal that they consider to be too "soft". So our end position may well be something along the lines of a Norway deal, backed by some opposition MPs, because in the end we will probably have to agree to some form of alignment and compliance. Can't imagine it will have Norway, EFTA/EEA or anything like that in the name, maybe some fancy name to massage a few egos and provide something for all sides to credibly present as a "win".

Interesting you say that. The Tories have a big majority and the ERG have also gained in number since the election. There was a Twitter post from one of their members (can't remember who) after the election, I believe there's around 40 of them now, which brings their votes into play later down the line.

I wouldn't put it past them to refuse to back a trade deal that they consider to be too "soft". So our end position may well be something along the lines of a Norway deal, backed by some opposition MPs, because in the end we will probably have to agree to some form of alignment and compliance. Can't imagine it will have Norway, EFTA/EEA or anything like that in the name, maybe some fancy name to massage a few egos and provide something for all sides to credibly present as a "win".

If you believe that, then you live in cloud cuckoo land. When Boris won his stonking majority, some in the EU assumed wrongly that he wanted a soft Brexit all along, and it enabled him to go for one with a big enough majority to steamroller it through.

That was wishful thinking by the EU, from the more gormless types like Verhofstadt, along with some of the arch remoaner losers in the UK, the likes of Campbell, Adonis and Blair.

Any form of alignment and compliance will be a matter of what suits us, as you will have gleaned if you have been keeping abreast of current noises emanating from various government ministers stating categorically that we will cease be rule-takers. The ERG were always the most ardent advocates of the stance that no deal was better than a bad deal, and most stood firm on May's atrocious WA apart from a few who supported it when it was put to the House a third time and the Parliamentary arithmetic suggested that it was that bad deal or the possibility of no Brexit. Now, not only are the numbers of Conservative MPs supporting Brexit and the ERG position considerably increased, but also the Remoaner rebel group in the Party has been consigned to oblivion in the election, as has a substantial chunk of the Labour Party. Amendments to the WAB put forward by the Commons and Lords which would have made it softer, have been thrown out.The EU has our gun against its head that we will not extend the WA beyond the 31st December. We have made substantial arrangements to prepare for no deal. We have stated that we will be out of the SM, the CU, the CFP, CAP, ECJ and all that those entail. Why on earth would we go for some watered down soft Brexit, Norway in some sort of other disguise?

If you believe that, then you live in cloud cuckoo land. When Boris won his stonking majority, some in the EU assumed wrongly that he wanted a soft Brexit all along, and it enabled him to go for one with a big enough majority to steamroller it through.

That was wishful thinking by the EU, from the more gormless types like Verhofstadt, along with some of the arch remoaner losers in the UK, the likes of Campbell, Adonis and Blair.

Any form of alignment and compliance will be a matter of what suits us, as you will have gleaned if you have been keeping abreast of current noises emanating from various government ministers stating categorically that we will cease be rule-takers. The ERG were always the most ardent advocates of the stance that no deal was better than a bad deal, and most stood firm on May's atrocious WA apart from a few who supported it when it was put to the House a third time and the Parliamentary arithmetic suggested that it was that bad deal or the possibility of no Brexit. Now, not only are the numbers of Conservative MPs supporting Brexit and the ERG position considerably increased, but also the Remoaner rebel group in the Party has been consigned to oblivion in the election, as has a substantial chunk of the Labour Party. Amendments to the WAB put forward by the Commons and Lords which would have made it softer, have been thrown out.The EU has our gun against its head that we will not extend the WA beyond the 31st December. We have made substantial arrangements to prepare for no deal. We have stated that we will be out of the SM, the CU, the CFP, CAP, ECJ and all that those entail. Why on earth would we go for some watered down soft Brexit, Norway in some sort of other disguise?

What did you make of the dubs amendment?

It is widely accepted that the Oxford comma or serial comma isn't any more correct in usage than it is without, especially in journalistic circles, so what a surprise and an irony that a remoaner publication tries to make fun of it. What isn't a surprise, is that you as the forum's most boring pedant seeks to score cheap points from it. But still, you're in good company, alongside other serial remoaners like "mad as a box of frogs" Adonis and Campbell, who say that they won't accept the coin in their change. :lol:

It is widely accepted that the Oxford comma or serial comma isn't any more correct in usage than it is without, especially in journalistic circles, so what a surprise and an irony that a remoaner publication tries to make fun of it. What isn't a surprise, is that you as the forum's most boring pedant seeks to score cheap points from it. But still, you're in good company, alongside other serial remoaners like "mad as a box of frogs" Adonis and Campbell, who say that they won't accept the coin in their change. :lol:

You are funny. :lol: Are you for real or just a parody account ?

You are funny. :lol: Are you for real or just a parody account ?

Carry on giving me ammunition and I'll continue to post comments you might find amusing, but which are in fact at your expense. :lol: As you haven't had anything to say about the subject of the thread, Brexit, for some time, I'll take it that Boris' majority has effectively neutered remoaners like you. You're reduced to sniping from the sidelines, instead of partaking in pitched battles any longer.

You have posted umpteen times on this thread. Your posts are tedious, repetitive and humourless.

What, no Oxford comma after repetitive? I'm shocked seeing this from such a pedant as you. :lol:

Continuing to feed Tames' appetite for off-topic pettiness, according to a You Gov poll on the new commemorative celebration 50p coin, over twice as many people don't use the Oxford comma. The percentages hardly move, whether those people are Remoaners or Brexiteers. :lol:

• Lighthouse changed the title to Brexit - Post Match Reaction