• Leave Before - Leave Now
    • Leave Before - Remain Now
    • Leave Before - Not Bothered Now
    • Remain Before - Remain Now
    • Remain Before - Leave Now
    • Remain Before - Not Bothered Now
    • Not Bothered Before - Leave Now
    • Not Bothered Before - Remain Now
    • I've never been bothered - Why am I on this Thread?
    • No second Ref - 2016 was Definitive and Binding

That's strange. Surely the main threat to sterling would be and election win by Corbyn?

Used to be the norm that the City would issue these warnings about Labour victories in the 1980s and especially 1992, remember that well. Take it as feedback that a Tory or Labour victory is equally dangerous to the economy these days and that the Tories old record for economic competency is shot to pieces chasing the emotionality of Brexit. For most of my lifetime, the Tories have been better than Labour at resolving their differences and focusing on power but no more. Just remember, Boris has voted Vs Brexit more times than Clarke has voted for Brexit and undermined May chronically, backstabbing Cameron for years through his various North Korea-style media outlets which report his every fart.

So your comptence is widely reckoned to be at the same level of Corbyn's. Wow. Imagine if that had been said in 1983 about the election then, and Foot had a better career than Corbyn. Take a moment and think about it. Is a No Deal Brexit worth destroying your party for?

PS - Corbyn has even managed to move Boris into an appalling position now, all thanks to that pound shop Steve Bannon who hangs around him. Jeremy Corbyn who most of his own party cant stand. The press are crying but they and Boris caused this themselves by all of this 31 Oct do or die rubbish. The ditch it is then.

Another Tory resignation; Johnson coming under fire from the chief constable of West Yorkshire police for using student officers as cheap political fodder; JRM rinsed by the Chief Medical Officer for impugning the reputation of a leading neurologist; and no signs the opposition will give the government a snap election.

Just another Friday.

Used to be the norm that the City would issue these warnings about Labour victories in the 1980s and especially 1992, remember that well. Take it as feedback that a Tory or Labour victory is equally dangerous to the economy these days and that the Tories old record for economic competency is shot to pieces chasing the emotionality of Brexit. For most of my lifetime, the Tories have been better than Labour at resolving their differences and focusing on power but no more. Just remember, Boris has voted Vs Brexit more times than Clarke has voted for Brexit and undermined May chronically, backstabbing Cameron for years through his various North Korea-style media outlets which report his every fart.

So your comptence is widely reckoned to be at the same level of Corbyn's. Wow. Imagine if that had been said in 1983 about the election then, and Foot had a better career than Corbyn. Take a moment and think about it. Is a No Deal Brexit worth destroying your party for?

PS - Corbyn has even managed to move Boris into an appalling position now, all thanks to that pound shop Steve Bannon who hangs around him. Jeremy Corbyn who most of his own party cant stand. The press are crying but they and Boris caused this themselves by all of this 31 Oct do or die rubbish. The ditch it is then.

I refer you to the post by GM above, number 13729. That is the reason for their blinkered comment, their vested interests. Nobody believes them any more, because their forecasts are like Peter and the Wolf. Of course they don't want to mention what would happen if the Marxist chicken was to be elected, because that muddies the waters by shining a spotlight on what they and their ilk are achieving by their project fear forecasts, risking him being elected. It would bloody well serve them right.

In the meantime, here is an excellent opinion piece from our Southampton ex-MP, bang on the money as he has been on his Brexit commentary so far.

https://brexitcentral.com/remainer-mps-are-doing-incalculable-damage-to-democracy-with-their-ongoing-sabotage-of-the-referendum-result/

Sorry, what? Are you still harping on about something that happened 3 years ago? We know the economy wasn't effected as badly as they thought straight after the vote? I don't think anyone has argued that - this seems like a "man shouts at cloud" moment.

The paper is from March, 2019, d!p$h!t, but you didn't read it, did you....? To make it simple, it confirms that economists don't have a clue, and some are downright dishonest. Reminds me of a pal of mine who should be spending his time "consulting" instead of stalking me :lol:

The paper is from March, 2019, d!p$h!t, but you didn't read it, did you....? To make it simple, it confirms that economists don't have a clue, and some are downright dishonest. Reminds me of a pal of mine who should be spending his time "consulting" instead of stalking me :lol:

I know the paper is from 2019, but it was about 2016-2017, d!p$h!t.

So you missed David Smith's commentary or this https://www.ft.com/content/534e108a-4651-11e9-b168-96a37d002cd3. The National Institute of Economic and Social Research, the Institute for Fiscal Studies and the Centre for Economic Performance (LSE) can all hold their head up high, mindful that forecasting is an imprecise science. Its a fact that economists who've pointed out the dangers of Brexit have been far more accurate than its cheerleaders that you defer to. Which is to say your big and only conclusion is that politicians politicise things. I know you're a chump, the forum antinostradamus who couldn't predict tomorrow's date but did you only discover that today pal :lol:

#bangonthemoney

Edited by shurlock

Just another Friday.

But there are upsides. Gina Miller and Major lost their court case against Boris proroguing Parliament and are going to waste even more of Soris' money by appealing.

And Robert Mugade, one of the World's biggest tyrants is dead.

So reasons to be happy.

But there are upsides. Gina Miller and Major lost their court case against Boris proroguing Parliament and are going to waste even more of Soris' money by appealing.

And Robert Mugade, one of the World's biggest tyrants is dead.

So reasons to be happy.

Re Mugabe did you see Quentin Letts bizarre tweet? As for Miller's case, it barely stood a chance of succeeding.

I refer you to the post by GM above, number 13729. That is the reason for their blinkered comment, their vested interests. Nobody believes them any more, because their forecasts are like Peter and the Wolf. Of course they don't want to mention what would happen if the Marxist chicken was to be elected, because that muddies the waters by shining a spotlight on what they and their ilk are achieving by their project fear forecasts, risking him being elected. It would bloody well serve them right.

In the meantime, here is an excellent opinion piece from our Southampton ex-MP, bang on the money as he has been on his Brexit commentary so far.

https://brexitcentral.com/remainer-mps-are-doing-incalculable-damage-to-democracy-with-their-ongoing-sabotage-of-the-referendum-result/

I met Bryan Gould when I first set my company up at Southampton University Science Park, back in 1986. Panorama were doing a program on "New Labour" and we had received a small grant from the local council, which helped me on my way. I had a chat with him and said what a great idea it was for Labour to be investing in small start-ups and they should do it nationally. He asked me why I set up in the UK, after returning from the US and I said it was because of the encouragement from the local council and the availability of skilled staff. He told me that he wouldn't have recommended relocating to Dagenham, given the union problems. Alan Whitehead was with him.

A £13k loan from a Labour local council which, together with my credit card was all I had to start the company up. I sold it 2 years later for over a million. I'll never forget the support I received from the Labour council in Southampton and if Bryan was running, I'd vote for him in a flash.

Funny how some political parties can go to $h!t.

I know the paper is from 2019, but it was about 2016-2017, d!p$h!t.

The dataset used in the paper to measure the projections by the economists, was from a monthly survey of independent forecasters collected by the Treasury, that is publicly available. The collection covers 44 forecasters from January 2012 to April 2018. "It was about 2016-2017".... Back on ignore, pal.

The dataset used in the paper to measure the projections by the economists, was from a monthly survey of independent forecasters collected by the Treasury, that is publicly available. The collection covers 44 forecasters from January 2012 to April 2018. "It was about 2016-2017".... Back on ignore, pal.

You flip your ignore on and off more than you get your projections wrong mate.

:lol:

I met Bryan Gould when I first set my company up at Southampton University Science Park, back in 1986. Panorama were doing a program on "New Labour" and we had received a small grant from the local council, which helped me on my way. I had a chat with him and said what a great idea it was for Labour to be investing in small start-ups and they should do it nationally. He asked me why I set up in the UK, after returning from the US and I said it was because of the encouragement from the local council and the availability of skilled staff. He told me that he wouldn't have recommended relocating to Dagenham, given the union problems. Alan Whitehead was with him.

A £13k loan from a Labour local council which, together with my credit card was all I had to start the company up. I sold it 2 years later for over a million. I'll never forget the support I received from the Labour council in Southampton and if Bryan was running, I'd vote for him in a flash.

Funny how some political parties can go to $h!t.

What a ****ing boring anecdote.

Assuming we get beyond Oct 31st it will be interesting to see how " do or die" is excused.

Because the opposition are engineering a situation where it's impossible for us to leave on that date (assuming the EU grant another extension, which they're almost certain to do). They've voted to refuse to leave without a deal and look like they'll refuse to vote for an election to decide one way or the other before the 31st.

Because the opposition are engineering a situation where it's impossible for us to leave on that date (assuming the EU grant another extension, which they're almost certain to do). They've voted to refuse to leave without a deal and look like they'll refuse to vote for an election to decide one way or the other before the 31st.

I was asking how BoJo would excuse it, given he promised it "do or die".

Re Mugabe did you see Quentin Letts bizarre tweet? As for Miller's case, it barely stood a chance of succeeding.

Regarding Letts' tweet, I hadn't read it, but having done so, I suspect that most who responded don't get the tongue in cheek heavy irony.

As for the vexatious constitutional litigant Miller, perhaps she should have employed you to consult her rather than her legal council. They seem to be a grossly incompetent lot. Thankfully when it comes down to ruling on Constitutional procedure the judiciary aren't as cavalier as Bercow is in interpreting it.

Given how clever Cummings and co think they are, could they not have foreseen this?

No doubt Cummings and Co had depended on Bercow doing his job properly, being even-handed and respecting centuries of Parliamentary procedure. It's a pity that there appears to be no procedure for dismissing the egotistical little toad.

No doubt Cummings and Co had depended on Bercow doing his job properly, being even-handed and respecting centuries of Parliamentary procedure. It's a pity that there appears to be no procedure for dismissing the egotistical little toad.

First speaker since WW2 to be elected 3 times...

You also seem to have forgotten that it was Bercow's bending of the rules that allowed Eurosceptic MP's to force a Commons vote that led to the 2016 Referendum

You also seem to have forgotten that it was Bercow's bending of the rules that allowed Eurosceptic MP's to force a Commons vote that led to the 2016 Referendum

I don't recall that. Please do give me a link. The holding of a referendum was an election pledge, from the majority party elected, so what was the problem? I expect that Bercow (who admitted that he voted Remain, although he is supposed to be impartial) probably thought that Remain would win the referendum, so was happy to accommodate it.

Nothing stopping Boris going to Brussels and actually negotiating a deal.

Nothing stopping Boris going to Brussels and actually negotiating a deal.

With both hands tied behind his back. What you people don't realise is that the voters in this country aren't stupid. They know that taking no deal off the table is code for staying in. They also know why little $h!t$ like Kinnock want us to stay aboard the taxpayer funded gravy train. Stealing public money runs in his family and his party, until, finally, you run out of public funds, like Greece.

With both hands tied behind his back. What you people don't realise is that the voters in this country aren't stupid. They know that taking no deal off the table is code for staying in. They also know why little $h!t$ like Kinnock want us to stay aboard the taxpayer funded gravy train. Stealing public money runs in his family and his party, until, finally, you run out of public funds, like Greece.

That’s just nonsense, he doesn’t even need to get a trade deal yet, just a new withdrawal agreement with a workable solution to the NI border. He can’t get it because it just doesn’t exist. To have the Brexit he promised there needs to be a border, it’s that simple.

That’s just nonsense, he doesn’t even need to get a trade deal yet, just a new withdrawal agreement with a workable solution to the NI border. He can’t get it because it just doesn’t exist. To have the Brexit he promised there needs to be a border, it’s that simple.

Also nonsense as Labour have said one of their 6 "tests" (which were designed to be so unreasonable that they would never have to agree to a deal) says about being in a customs union, which wouldn't be decided until after the withdrawal agreement was already agreed and we'd already left.

Seeing Gove rocking in fury rainman-style as Bercow slapped him down was priceless.

Bercow's behaviour was disgusting and personal. No wonder that he has faced accusations that he is a bully. But it doesn't surprise me that you find it funny, as that is how you behave too.

We've proved time and time again that 52% of them are...

Bercow's behaviour was disgusting and personal. No wonder that he has faced accusations that he is a bully. But it doesn't surprise me that you find it funny, as that is how you behave too.

I mean, I don't really know where to start with this, but how about with this. Bullying from your hero's:

Boris:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2019/09/04/top-brexit-mep-accuses-boris-johnson-untrustworthy-bully-has/

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/video/2019/sep/04/jess-phillips-accuses-boris-johnson-of-playing-a-bully-boy-game-video

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/jul/14/black-eyes-boris-johnson-plot-attack-reporter-darius-guppy

Michael Gove:

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/education/education-news/dump-fing-everyone-the-inside-story-of-how-michael-gove-s-vicious-attack-dogs-are-terrorising-the-8497626.html

Dominic Cummings:

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/john-major-launches-furious-attack-19572196

JRM:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-49598999

Not a surprise that you supported this lot, considering you've consistently stated your dislike for Jews and Arabs, have supported the beating up of Remainers in pubs, and have put the happiness and future prosperity of your children and grandchildren behind your hell bent obsession with not admitting you were conned - firstly at the referendum, and then in the Tory Leadership election.

But, he is a Conservative.

What happened to being on ignore? Or did you decide to take me back off in the last 6 hours? Or are you just a fraud, like the rest of your heroes?

That sums him up. He is a" big girl's blouse" telling people that he is putting them on ignore. As if they really care.

You can see why any decent university rejected him despite the school he came from and why he studied at Pompey Poly.

• Lighthouse changed the title to Brexit - Post Match Reaction