View Poll Results: Saints Web Definitely Not Official Second Referendum

Voters
91. You may not vote on this poll
  • Leave Before - Leave Now

    15 16.48%
  • Leave Before - Remain Now

    5 5.49%
  • Leave Before - Not Bothered Now

    2 2.20%
  • Remain Before - Remain Now

    51 56.04%
  • Remain Before - Leave Now

    4 4.40%
  • Remain Before - Not Bothered Now

    0 0%
  • Not Bothered Before - Leave Now

    2 2.20%
  • Not Bothered Before - Remain Now

    4 4.40%
  • I've never been bothered - Why am I on this Thread?

    2 2.20%
  • No second Ref - 2016 was Definitive and Binding

    6 6.59%
Page 259 of 264 FirstFirst ... 159209249257258259260261 ... LastLast
Results 12,901 to 12,950 of 13189

Thread: Brexit - Enter at Your Own Risk

  1. #12901

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Guided Missile View Post
    The journey towards the sunny uplands will begin on November 1st, after three wasted years. The path will be a rocky one for the first few miles, but the British people will come together and prosper, as they always do and this thread can die at the same time as the Brexit party....
    ...and the majority of the Brexit voters.

  2. #12902

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nolan View Post
    Hint. It won't effect the Irish border.
    How will it not - what is the solution?

  3. #12903

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Whitey Grandad View Post
    The US sees us as turkeys ripe for plucking.
    I think you mean chlorinated chickens...

  4. #12904

    Default

    ...

  5. #12905

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Guided Missile View Post


    The journey towards the sunny uplands will begin on November 1st, after three wasted years. The path will be a rocky one for the first few miles, but the British people will come together and prosper, as they always do and this thread can die at the same time as the Brexit party....
    Any idea how long the "first few miles" will take to navigate??

  6. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Whitey Grandad View Post
    The US sees us as turkeys ripe for plucking.
    Whereas the EU have been more than fair...

  7. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tamesaint View Post
    Any idea how long the "first few miles" will take to navigate??
    No more than a year, in my opinion, after a proper Conservative government, under Winston Johnson, wins a large majority in November and defeats the Marxist, antisemitic horde.

  8. #12908

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Guided Missile View Post
    Whereas the EU have been more than fair...
    We ARE the EU.

  9. #12909

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Unbelievable Jeff View Post
    How will it not - what is the solution?

    The only solution is for Northern Ireland to remain in the same regulatory sphere as the Single Market and that means EU or EEA/EFTA

  10. #12910

    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    P-Tr boundary
    Posts
    3,645

    Default

    Recession, anyone?

  11. #12911

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Plastic View Post
    Recession, anyone?
    2 quarters - but considering that the next quarter will run up to our supposed Brexit, we will definitely see a decline there...

  12. #12912

    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    P-Tr boundary
    Posts
    3,645

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Unbelievable Jeff View Post
    2 quarters - but considering that the next quarter will run up to our supposed Brexit, we will definitely see a decline there...
    Indeed. Anybody think we will have a storming Q3?

  13. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Plastic View Post
    Recession, anyone?
    Ich werde einen haben

  14. #12914

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Guided Missile View Post
    Ich werde einen haben
    “werde” oder “würde” ?

  15. Default

    I love the French. Here Jean-Marc Puissesseau, president of Port Boulogne Calais. comments on the effect of no-deal on the Port of Dover:

    "The British authorities have been doing a great deal to prepare. People say they are asleep but I can assure you that they are highly professional and they are ready," said Jean-Marc Puissesseau, president of Port Boulogne Calais. "There are certain individuals in the UK who are whipping up this catastrophism for their own reasons. This has provoked a lot of concern but basically ‘c’est la bullsh**’. Nothing is going to happen the day after Brexit," he told The Telegraph.
    ‘c’est la bullsh**’...

  16. #12916

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Rothschild and Soros HQ
    Posts
    18,799
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Guided Missile View Post
    I love the French. Here Jean-Marc Puissesseau, president of Port Boulogne Calais. comments on the effect of no-deal on the Port of Dover:



    ‘c’est la bullsh**’...
    We’ve been here before pal yet your memory is either failing you or you truly have gone swivel.

    http://eureferendum.com/blogview.aspx?blogno=87286
    http://www.eureferendum.com/blogview.aspx?blogno=87112

  17. #12917

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    22 Acacia Avenue
    Posts
    11,390

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shurlock View Post
    We’ve been here before pal yet your memory is either failing you or you truly have gone swivel.

    http://eureferendum.com/blogview.aspx?blogno=87286
    http://www.eureferendum.com/blogview.aspx?blogno=87112
    Perhaps "Nothing is going to happen the day after Brexit," is actually accurate; no traffic passing customs checks in Calais, no ferries loading, no Eurostar trains passing through the tunnel.

  18. Default

    Of course, if the leaving date had been March, it is acknowledged that we wouldn't have been ready. In today's article in the Telegraph, Jean-Marc Puissesseau acknowledged that a no-deal Brexit in March would have been a hair-raising experience. "That would have been a huge problem because nobody believed it was going to happen and they were all dragging their feet. But we have seven more months and this time they are getting ready," he said.

  19. #12919

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Guided Missile View Post
    Of course, if the leaving date had been March, it is acknowledged that we wouldn't have been ready. In today's article in the Telegraph, Jean-Marc Puissesseau acknowledged that a no-deal Brexit in March would have been a hair-raising experience. "That would have been a huge problem because nobody believed it was going to happen and they were all dragging their feet. But we have seven more months and this time they are getting ready," he said.
    You guys didn't acknowledge that, at all. You guys wanted to jump off the deep end in March, so failing to see what your point is.

  20. #12920

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Plastic View Post
    Indeed. Anybody think we will have a storming Q3?
    I don’t know, but the stockpiling for nodeal might give enough of a bump. Q2 was partly so bad because of the q1 stockpiling which shifted a lot of potential q2 growth into q1, so we might see the same?

  21. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shurlock View Post
    We’ve been here before pal yet your memory is either failing you or you truly have gone swivel.

    http://eureferendum.com/blogview.aspx?blogno=87286
    http://www.eureferendum.com/blogview.aspx?blogno=87112
    Even by your standards, Herbert, that is a totally embarrassing post and two sh! te references. Richard A. E. North aka Muckspreader and I'm a swivel..?? .

  22. #12922

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Rothschild and Soros HQ
    Posts
    18,799
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Guided Missile View Post
    Even by your standards, Herbert, that is a totally embarrassing post and two sh! te references. Richard A. E. North aka Muckspreader and I'm a swivel..?? .
    Missing the point yet again JJ.

    I quote North only because he is a die-hard Brexiter yet even he can see through the massive con job that you've fallen for.

    He's not a remoaner, a champion of project fear or a traitor. He is the Mick Strickland of Brexiters (for any London saints out there) who's supported leaving the EU longer than you and Les have had hot dinners (and that's saying something old boy) but understands that disentangling 40 years of integration is not straightforward and that promising the undeliverable may ultimately put Brexit itself at risk.

    FWIW North coined the Flexcit concept back in 2014 which you subsequently supported -the idea that the UK might have to do a Norway or Iceland and remain in the single market, “at least in the medium term” as it negotiated a future arrangement with the EU. Indeed, in most serious commentators eyes, it remains the most credible strategy for leaving the EU. Either you think his arguments are ***** or you disavow what you've written on here. Not the first time you've tied yourself up in knots pal
    Last edited by shurlock; 11-08-2019 at 07:55 PM.

  23. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shurlock View Post
    Missing the point yet again JJ.
    You failed to make a point, Herbert. Been on the vodka?

  24. #12924

    Default

    Good heavens! My old account still works! Interesting to see a majority of remainers here. Interesting to see GM taking his usual hard line.

  25. #12925

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shurlock View Post
    Missing the point yet again JJ.

    I quote North only because he is a die-hard Brexiter yet even he can see through the massive con job that you've fallen for.

    He's not a remoaner, a champion of project fear or a traitor. He is the Mick Strickland of Brexiters (for any London saints out there) who's supported leaving the EU longer than you and Les have had hot dinners (and that's saying something old boy) but understands that disentangling 40 years of integration is not straightforward and that promising the undeliverable may ultimately put Brexit itself at risk.

    FWIW North coined the Flexcit concept back in 2014 which you subsequently supported -the idea that the UK might have to do a Norway or Iceland and remain in the single market, “at least in the medium term” as it negotiated a future arrangement with the EU. Indeed, in most serious commentators eyes, it remains the most credible strategy for leaving the EU. Either you think his arguments are ***** or you disavow what you've written on here. Not the first time you've tied yourself up in knots pal
    Dr. Richard North has probably done more research on leaving the EU than anybody else. I read his blog daily and there is a wealth of information on there from all sides of the argument. I highly recommend it.

  26. #12926

    Default

    Has anyone seen or heard from Lord Pony lately? I fear for this man's blood pressure and overall wellbeing when he reads about this:

    BBC News - Green MP Caroline Lucas calls for all-female emergency cabinet
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-49314840

  27. #12927

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Southampton
    Posts
    12,207

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tamesaint View Post
    Has anyone seen or heard from Lord Pony lately? I fear for this man's blood pressure and overall wellbeing when he reads about this:

    BBC News - Green MP Caroline Lucas calls for all-female emergency cabinet
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-49314840
    I expect he's rolling on the floor laughing, like I did when I heard about this. It's pure comedy gold.

  28. #12928

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    22 Acacia Avenue
    Posts
    11,390

    Default

    I wonder if this will lose Farage, ( rhymes with garage ), some of his support;

    "Meghan has made Prince Harry less popular, says Farage"

    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-49317656

  29. #12929

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Medals, Trophy Lallana can also earn at Southampton- Andy Durman 16/05/14
    Posts
    29,344
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by badgerx16 View Post
    I wonder if this will lose Farage, ( rhymes with garage ), some of his support;

    "Meghan has made Prince Harry less popular, says Farage"

    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-49317656
    I doubt it because he's correct. Identity politics and woke culture will harm anyone's popularity, particularly if you are in the Royal family and give the impression you are looking down on everyone else.

  30. #12930

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Medals, Trophy Lallana can also earn at Southampton- Andy Durman 16/05/14
    Posts
    29,344
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tamesaint View Post
    Has anyone seen or heard from Lord Pony lately? I fear for this man's blood pressure and overall wellbeing when he reads about this:

    BBC News - Green MP Caroline Lucas calls for all-female emergency cabinet
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-49314840
    The naked hypocrisy of this sort of thing is amazing. Could you imagine what Lucas would say if an all male so called "unity" government was proposed? Because in my experience men are just a bit better at getting things done. There would be absolute outrage and rightly so. It's a bit hard for self-confessed feminists like Lucas to claim they aren't anti-men and then to propose something like this simply because in her view "women"- any women- are just superior. I don't think anyone can seriously suggest the likes of Soubry are more competent than someone like Ken Clarke based on what she has between her legs.
    Last edited by hypochondriac; 12-08-2019 at 02:29 PM.

  31. #12931

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Double Deuce
    Posts
    7,020

    Default

    Anyone else see the hypocrisy in Tom Watson not supporting a ‘People Vote’ for indyref2 in Scotland?

  32. #12932

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hypochondriac View Post
    The naked hypocrisy of this sort of thing is amazing. Could you imagine what Lucas would say if an all male so called "unity" government was proposed? Because in my experience men are just a bit better at getting things done. There would be absolute outrage and rightly so. It's a bit hard for self-confessed feminists like Lucas to claim they aren't anti-men and then to propose something like this simply because in her view "women"- any women- are just superior. I don't think anyone can seriously suggest the likes of Soubry are more competent than someone like Ken Clarke based on what she has between her legs.
    She should be reported for sexism.


    And I'm only half joking really. It's a stupid thing to say, and she should probably resign.
    Last edited by Unbelievable Jeff; 12-08-2019 at 03:05 PM.

  33. #12933

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wade Garrett View Post
    Anyone else see the hypocrisy in Tom Watson not supporting a ‘People Vote’ for indyref2 in Scotland?
    Yep. They should be allowed a second vote as the circumstances and education of voters have changed, same as with Brexit.

  34. #12934

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Medals, Trophy Lallana can also earn at Southampton- Andy Durman 16/05/14
    Posts
    29,344
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Unbelievable Jeff View Post
    She should be reported for sexism.


    And I'm only half joking really. It's a stupid thing to say, and she should probably resign.
    The best bit is how she then got criticised by the type of people who would support these mad ideas because she didn't have any BAME people. She's now apologised for that because somehow that's worse than the blatant sexism and misandry. Heaven forbid you'd propose an all women team to lead the country and not select Diane flipping Abbott!

  35. #12935

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    After moving around Kent, Surrey and Sussex have now settled on the edge of Romney Marsh
    Posts
    12,411

    Default

    "Men are just a bit better at getting things done." Why am I not surprised that this sexist generalisation came from hypo?

  36. #12936

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Medals, Trophy Lallana can also earn at Southampton- Andy Durman 16/05/14
    Posts
    29,344
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sadoldgit View Post
    "Men are just a bit better at getting things done." Why am I not surprised that this sexist generalisation came from hypo?
    Oh my god. There aren't enough facepalms for this post. Open mouth, insert fist.

  37. #12937

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Gotham City
    Posts
    27,971

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hypochondriac View Post
    Oh my god. There aren't enough facepalms for this post. Open mouth, insert fist.

  38. #12938

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Medals, Trophy Lallana can also earn at Southampton- Andy Durman 16/05/14
    Posts
    29,344
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    "in my experience I have found that generally men have been more able to put aside tribal concerns and build trust more quickly."

  39. #12939

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Gotham City
    Posts
    27,971

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hypochondriac View Post
    "in my experience I have found that generally men have been more able to put aside tribal concerns and build trust more quickly."
    Soggy will be fuming with that post!
    You specified a Man, Man destroyed the 20th century, Hitler was the chief architect in that destruction, Hitler was a man, therefore you are as bad as Hitler

  40. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wade Garrett View Post
    Anyone else see the hypocrisy in Tom Watson not supporting a ‘People Vote’ for indyref2 in Scotland?
    Quote Originally Posted by Unbelievable Jeff View Post
    Yep. They should be allowed a second vote as the circumstances and education of voters have changed, same as with Brexit.
    If we're going to compare these two referendums, wouldn't the consistent thing to do be to enact the result of both? As things stand, only the result of the Scottish separation referendum has been carried through thus far.
    Last edited by trousers; 12-08-2019 at 04:56 PM.

  41. Default

    I blame social media for polls on ratings players and other pointless bs people seem to like.
    You can’t give the population referenda all the time.
    For one they are far too thick and getting thicker, less well read and no attention spans.

  42. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tamesaint View Post
    Has anyone seen or heard from Lord Pony lately? I fear for this man's blood pressure and overall wellbeing when he reads about this:

    BBC News - Green MP Caroline Lucas calls for all-female emergency cabinet
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-49314840
    Staggering and laughable.

  43. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hypochondriac View Post
    I doubt it because he's correct. Identity politics and woke culture will harm anyone's popularity, particularly if you are in the Royal family and give the impression you are looking down on everyone else.
    Only if you are sad enough to read all the hate pieces.

  44. #12944

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Medals, Trophy Lallana can also earn at Southampton- Andy Durman 16/05/14
    Posts
    29,344
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by whelk View Post
    Only if you are sad enough to read all the hate pieces.
    Virtue signalling announcements about unconscious bias and having two children to save the planet will be enough for most people. Very little reading required.

  45. #12945

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Double Deuce
    Posts
    7,020

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by trousers View Post
    If we're going to compare these two referendums, wouldn't the consistent thing to do be to enact the result of both? As things stand, only the result of the Scottish separation referendum has been carried through thus far.
    Absolutely. Watson respects the indyref result but not Brexit.

    Staggering hypocrisy. There was a time when I would have voted Labour if they put a red rosette on a donkey.

    Unfortunately, they aren’t a party I recognise as standing up for the working man. They’ve been taken over by Momentum, have absolute clowns in charge, and are completely unelectable.

  46. #12946

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Rothschild and Soros HQ
    Posts
    18,799
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tamesaint View Post
    Has anyone seen or heard from Lord Pony lately? I fear for this man's blood pressure and overall wellbeing when he reads about this:

    BBC News - Green MP Caroline Lucas calls for all-female emergency cabinet
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-49314840

    He probably has rape on his mind and is fantasising about a dream Cabinet of Priti Patel, Nadine Dorries, Liz Truss, Esther McVey and Anne Widdicombe. Proof if you need it that an all-female Cabinet is a totally fatuous idea.

  47. #12947

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Double Deuce
    Posts
    7,020

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shurlock View Post
    Proof if you need it that an all-female Cabinet is a totally fatuous idea.
    Blimey Sherlock, something we agree on.

  48. #12948

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Rothschild and Soros HQ
    Posts
    18,799
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wade Garrett View Post
    Blimey Sherlock, something we agree on.
    And not the rest of the post?

  49. #12949

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    22 Acacia Avenue
    Posts
    11,390

    Default

    How can a COMRES poll for the Telegraph reporting that 44% of the electorate agree that “Boris needs to deliver Brexit by any means, including suspending parliament if necessary”, become a front page story in the Telegraph stating that "54% of British adults think Parliament should be prorogued to prevent MPs stopping a no-deal Brexit." ?

  50. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by badgerx16 View Post
    How can a COMRES poll reporting that 44% of the electorate agree that “Boris needs to deliver Brexit by any means, including suspending parliament if necessary”, become a front page story stating that "54% of British adults think Parliament should be prorogued to prevent MPs stopping a no-deal Brexit." ?
    Because "don't knows" are removed.

    Ie 54 % of people who bothered to give an answer.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •