• Remain Before - Leave Now

4 4.40%
  • Remain Before - Not Bothered Now

0 0%
  • Not Bothered Before - Leave Now

2 2.20%
  • Not Bothered Before - Remain Now

4 4.40%
  • I've never been bothered - Why am I on this Thread?

2 2.20%
  • No second Ref - 2016 was Definitive and Binding

6 6.59%
Page 259 of 264 FirstFirst ... 159209249257258259260261 ... LastLast
Results 12,901 to 12,950 of 13189

Thread: Brexit - Enter at Your Own Risk

Quote Originally Posted by Guided Missile View Post
    The journey towards the sunny uplands will begin on November 1st, after three wasted years. The path will be a rocky one for the first few miles, but the British people will come together and prosper, as they always do and this thread can die at the same time as the Brexit party....
    ...and the majority of the Brexit voters.

Quote Originally Posted by Nolan View Post
    Hint. It won't effect the Irish border.
    How will it not - what is the solution?

Quote Originally Posted by Whitey Grandad View Post
    The US sees us as turkeys ripe for plucking.
    I think you mean chlorinated chickens...

The journey towards the sunny uplands will begin on November 1st, after three wasted years. The path will be a rocky one for the first few miles, but the British people will come together and prosper, as they always do and this thread can die at the same time as the Brexit party....
    Any idea how long the "first few miles" will take to navigate??

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Whitey Grandad View Post
    The US sees us as turkeys ripe for plucking.
    Whereas the EU have been more than fair...

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Tamesaint View Post
    Any idea how long the "first few miles" will take to navigate??
    No more than a year, in my opinion, after a proper Conservative government, under Winston Johnson, wins a large majority in November and defeats the Marxist, antisemitic horde.

Whereas the EU have been more than fair...
    We ARE the EU.

Quote Originally Posted by Unbelievable Jeff View Post
    How will it not - what is the solution?

The only solution is for Northern Ireland to remain in the same regulatory sphere as the Single Market and that means EU or EEA/EFTA

Recession, anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Plastic View Post
    Recession, anyone?
    2 quarters - but considering that the next quarter will run up to our supposed Brexit, we will definitely see a decline there...

2 quarters - but considering that the next quarter will run up to our supposed Brexit, we will definitely see a decline there...
    Indeed. Anybody think we will have a storming Q3?

13. Default

Recession, anyone?
    Ich werde einen haben

Ich werde einen haben
    “werde” oder “würde” ?

15. Default

I love the French. Here Jean-Marc Puissesseau, president of Port Boulogne Calais. comments on the effect of no-deal on the Port of Dover:

"The British authorities have been doing a great deal to prepare. People say they are asleep but I can assure you that they are highly professional and they are ready," said Jean-Marc Puissesseau, president of Port Boulogne Calais. "There are certain individuals in the UK who are whipping up this catastrophism for their own reasons. This has provoked a lot of concern but basically ‘c’est la bullsh**’. Nothing is going to happen the day after Brexit," he told The Telegraph.
    ‘c’est la bullsh**’...

Blog Entries

I love the French. Here Jean-Marc Puissesseau, president of Port Boulogne Calais. comments on the effect of no-deal on the Port of Dover:

‘c’est la bullsh**’...
    We’ve been here before pal yet your memory is either failing you or you truly have gone swivel.

http://eureferendum.com/blogview.aspx?blogno=87286
    http://www.eureferendum.com/blogview.aspx?blogno=87112

Quote Originally Posted by shurlock View Post
    We’ve been here before pal yet your memory is either failing you or you truly have gone swivel.

Perhaps "Nothing is going to happen the day after Brexit," is actually accurate; no traffic passing customs checks in Calais, no ferries loading, no Eurostar trains passing through the tunnel.

18. Default

Of course, if the leaving date had been March, it is acknowledged that we wouldn't have been ready. In today's article in the Telegraph, Jean-Marc Puissesseau acknowledged that a no-deal Brexit in March would have been a hair-raising experience. "That would have been a huge problem because nobody believed it was going to happen and they were all dragging their feet. But we have seven more months and this time they are getting ready," he said.

Of course, if the leaving date had been March, it is acknowledged that we wouldn't have been ready. In today's article in the Telegraph, Jean-Marc Puissesseau acknowledged that a no-deal Brexit in March would have been a hair-raising experience. "That would have been a huge problem because nobody believed it was going to happen and they were all dragging their feet. But we have seven more months and this time they are getting ready," he said.
    You guys didn't acknowledge that, at all. You guys wanted to jump off the deep end in March, so failing to see what your point is.

Indeed. Anybody think we will have a storming Q3?
    I don’t know, but the stockpiling for nodeal might give enough of a bump. Q2 was partly so bad because of the q1 stockpiling which shifted a lot of potential q2 growth into q1, so we might see the same?

21. Default

Even by your standards, Herbert, that is a totally embarrassing post and two sh! te references. Richard A. E. North aka Muckspreader and I'm a swivel..?? .

Blog Entries

Even by your standards, Herbert, that is a totally embarrassing post and two sh! te references. Richard A. E. North aka Muckspreader and I'm a swivel..?? .
    Missing the point yet again JJ.

I quote North only because he is a die-hard Brexiter yet even he can see through the massive con job that you've fallen for.

He's not a remoaner, a champion of project fear or a traitor. He is the Mick Strickland of Brexiters (for any London saints out there) who's supported leaving the EU longer than you and Les have had hot dinners (and that's saying something old boy) but understands that disentangling 40 years of integration is not straightforward and that promising the undeliverable may ultimately put Brexit itself at risk.

FWIW North coined the Flexcit concept back in 2014 which you subsequently supported -the idea that the UK might have to do a Norway or Iceland and remain in the single market, “at least in the medium term” as it negotiated a future arrangement with the EU. Indeed, in most serious commentators eyes, it remains the most credible strategy for leaving the EU. Either you think his arguments are ***** or you disavow what you've written on here. Not the first time you've tied yourself up in knots pal
    Last edited by shurlock; 11-08-2019 at 07:55 PM.

23. Default

You failed to make a point, Herbert. Been on the vodka?

Good heavens! My old account still works! Interesting to see a majority of remainers here. Interesting to see GM taking his usual hard line.

I quote North only because he is a die-hard Brexiter yet even he can see through the massive con job that you've fallen for.

He's not a remoaner, a champion of project fear or a traitor. He is the Mick Strickland of Brexiters (for any London saints out there) who's supported leaving the EU longer than you and Les have had hot dinners (and that's saying something old boy) but understands that disentangling 40 years of integration is not straightforward and that promising the undeliverable may ultimately put Brexit itself at risk.

FWIW North coined the Flexcit concept back in 2014 which you subsequently supported -the idea that the UK might have to do a Norway or Iceland and remain in the single market, “at least in the medium term” as it negotiated a future arrangement with the EU. Indeed, in most serious commentators eyes, it remains the most credible strategy for leaving the EU. Either you think his arguments are ***** or you disavow what you've written on here. Not the first time you've tied yourself up in knots pal
    Dr. Richard North has probably done more research on leaving the EU than anybody else. I read his blog daily and there is a wealth of information on there from all sides of the argument. I highly recommend it.

Has anyone seen or heard from Lord Pony lately? I fear for this man's blood pressure and overall wellbeing when he reads about this:

BBC News - Green MP Caroline Lucas calls for all-female emergency cabinet
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-49314840

Has anyone seen or heard from Lord Pony lately? I fear for this man's blood pressure and overall wellbeing when he reads about this:

I expect he's rolling on the floor laughing, like I did when I heard about this. It's pure comedy gold.

I wonder if this will lose Farage, ( rhymes with garage ), some of his support;

"Meghan has made Prince Harry less popular, says Farage"

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-49317656

Medals, Trophy Lallana can also earn at Southampton- Andy Durman 16/05/14
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by badgerx16 View Post
    I wonder if this will lose Farage, ( rhymes with garage ), some of his support;

"Meghan has made Prince Harry less popular, says Farage"

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-49317656
    I doubt it because he's correct. Identity politics and woke culture will harm anyone's popularity, particularly if you are in the Royal family and give the impression you are looking down on everyone else.

Blog Entries

The naked hypocrisy of this sort of thing is amazing. Could you imagine what Lucas would say if an all male so called "unity" government was proposed? Because in my experience men are just a bit better at getting things done. There would be absolute outrage and rightly so. It's a bit hard for self-confessed feminists like Lucas to claim they aren't anti-men and then to propose something like this simply because in her view "women"- any women- are just superior. I don't think anyone can seriously suggest the likes of Soubry are more competent than someone like Ken Clarke based on what she has between her legs.
    Last edited by hypochondriac; 12-08-2019 at 02:29 PM.

Anyone else see the hypocrisy in Tom Watson not supporting a ‘People Vote’ for indyref2 in Scotland?

Quote Originally Posted by hypochondriac View Post
    The naked hypocrisy of this sort of thing is amazing. Could you imagine what Lucas would say if an all male so called "unity" government was proposed? Because in my experience men are just a bit better at getting things done. There would be absolute outrage and rightly so. It's a bit hard for self-confessed feminists like Lucas to claim they aren't anti-men and then to propose something like this simply because in her view "women"- any women- are just superior. I don't think anyone can seriously suggest the likes of Soubry are more competent than someone like Ken Clarke based on what she has between her legs.
    She should be reported for sexism.

And I'm only half joking really. It's a stupid thing to say, and she should probably resign.
    Last edited by Unbelievable Jeff; 12-08-2019 at 03:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wade Garrett View Post
    Anyone else see the hypocrisy in Tom Watson not supporting a ‘People Vote’ for indyref2 in Scotland?
    Yep. They should be allowed a second vote as the circumstances and education of voters have changed, same as with Brexit.

Blog Entries

She should be reported for sexism.

And I'm only half joking really. It's a stupid thing to say, and she should probably resign.
    The best bit is how she then got criticised by the type of people who would support these mad ideas because she didn't have any BAME people. She's now apologised for that because somehow that's worse than the blatant sexism and misandry. Heaven forbid you'd propose an all women team to lead the country and not select Diane flipping Abbott!

After moving around Kent, Surrey and Sussex have now settled on the edge of Romney Marsh

"Men are just a bit better at getting things done." Why am I not surprised that this sexist generalisation came from hypo?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sadoldgit View Post
    "Men are just a bit better at getting things done." Why am I not surprised that this sexist generalisation came from hypo?
    Oh my god. There aren't enough facepalms for this post. Open mouth, insert fist.

Oh my god. There aren't enough facepalms for this post. Open mouth, insert fist.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    "in my experience I have found that generally men have been more able to put aside tribal concerns and build trust more quickly."

"in my experience I have found that generally men have been more able to put aside tribal concerns and build trust more quickly."
    Soggy will be fuming with that post!
    You specified a Man, Man destroyed the 20th century, Hitler was the chief architect in that destruction, Hitler was a man, therefore you are as bad as Hitler

40. Default

Yep. They should be allowed a second vote as the circumstances and education of voters have changed, same as with Brexit.
    If we're going to compare these two referendums, wouldn't the consistent thing to do be to enact the result of both? As things stand, only the result of the Scottish separation referendum has been carried through thus far.
    Last edited by trousers; 12-08-2019 at 04:56 PM.

41. Default

I blame social media for polls on ratings players and other pointless bs people seem to like.
    You can’t give the population referenda all the time.
    For one they are far too thick and getting thicker, less well read and no attention spans.

42. Default

Staggering and laughable.

43. Default

I doubt it because he's correct. Identity politics and woke culture will harm anyone's popularity, particularly if you are in the Royal family and give the impression you are looking down on everyone else.
    Only if you are sad enough to read all the hate pieces.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by whelk View Post
    Only if you are sad enough to read all the hate pieces.
    Virtue signalling announcements about unconscious bias and having two children to save the planet will be enough for most people. Very little reading required.

Quote Originally Posted by trousers View Post
    If we're going to compare these two referendums, wouldn't the consistent thing to do be to enact the result of both? As things stand, only the result of the Scottish separation referendum has been carried through thus far.
    Absolutely. Watson respects the indyref result but not Brexit.

Staggering hypocrisy. There was a time when I would have voted Labour if they put a red rosette on a donkey.

Unfortunately, they aren’t a party I recognise as standing up for the working man. They’ve been taken over by Momentum, have absolute clowns in charge, and are completely unelectable.

Blog Entries

He probably has rape on his mind and is fantasising about a dream Cabinet of Priti Patel, Nadine Dorries, Liz Truss, Esther McVey and Anne Widdicombe. Proof if you need it that an all-female Cabinet is a totally fatuous idea.

Proof if you need it that an all-female Cabinet is a totally fatuous idea.
    Blimey Sherlock, something we agree on.

Blog Entries

Blimey Sherlock, something we agree on.
    And not the rest of the post?

How can a COMRES poll for the Telegraph reporting that 44% of the electorate agree that “Boris needs to deliver Brexit by any means, including suspending parliament if necessary”, become a front page story in the Telegraph stating that "54% of British adults think Parliament should be prorogued to prevent MPs stopping a no-deal Brexit." ?

50. Default

Quote Originally Posted by badgerx16 View Post
    How can a COMRES poll reporting that 44% of the electorate agree that “Boris needs to deliver Brexit by any means, including suspending parliament if necessary”, become a front page story stating that "54% of British adults think Parliament should be prorogued to prevent MPs stopping a no-deal Brexit." ?
    Because "don't knows" are removed.

Ie 54 % of people who bothered to give an answer.