• Leave Before - Leave Now
    • Leave Before - Remain Now
    • Leave Before - Not Bothered Now
    • Remain Before - Remain Now
    • Remain Before - Leave Now
    • Remain Before - Not Bothered Now
    • Not Bothered Before - Leave Now
    • Not Bothered Before - Remain Now
    • I've never been bothered - Why am I on this Thread?
    • No second Ref - 2016 was Definitive and Binding

You aren't very self-aware. I'm extracting the urine, but you don't realise it. The penny (or the 50p) hasn't dropped. :lol:

Tamesaint has you wrapped around his little finger. A link and a throwaway comment and off you go pal. Only in your world, Les, could a plodding earnest rebuttal be somehow construed as a piece of mockery and satire :lol:

Edited by shurlock

Tamesaint has you wrapped around his little finger. A link and a throwaway comment and off you go pal. Only in your world, Les, could a plodding earnest rebuttal be somehow construed as a piece of mockery and satire :lol:

Really? Tame is all over the place in his confusion. In one post he says I am humourless, a few posts later he says I am funny. Perhaps he is older than I thought and losing his marbles. Of course you would support him, naturally all of you loser remoaners stick together on such things. Who cares what insults are hurled about by you remoaners on a football forum when it not only makes you look juvenile, but also you increasingly look bitter and twisted, a microcosm of the country as a whole. :lol:

Really? Tame is all over the place in his confusion. In one post he says I am humourless, a few posts later he says I am funny. Perhaps he is older than I thought and losing his marbles. Of course you would support him, naturally all of you loser remoaners stick together on such things. Who cares what insults are hurled about by you remoaners on a football forum when it not only makes you look juvenile, but also you increasingly look bitter and twisted, a microcosm of the country as a whole. :lol:

You are funny because you are so humourless. That is why I think you are a parody account. Nobody could be like you in real life - could they?

Example - I post a link to a news article about a 50 pence piece. Hardly the most contentious article. What happens ? Whoosh Les goes off on one. 4 separate posts attacking "remoaners". Adonis and Campbell get it in the neck. I am a pedant etc.etc. etc. I am just surprised that the "anti democratic Lib Dumbs" didn't get a mention.

I have said it before and will say it again. Les, take a rest from the forum. Go and play with your gnomes. Celebrate your Brexit and go and find yourself a life.

Correct: you’re funny in the timeless laughing-at-you-not-with-you sense. You have the forum in stitches.

As for juvenile insults, when you’re not having your arse handed to you on points of substance, do you actually reread the hypocritical guff you write? If, as you claim, juvenile insults are a window into one’s state of mind, you seem pretty angry Les.

Yours respectfully

shatlock :lol:

Edited by shurlock

Watchdog queries impact of £46m 'Get Ready for Brexit' campaign

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-51270037

There's £46 million that could have been spent in a better way.

That was simply party political campaigning under the guise of an information campaign and it got Boris exactly what he wanted so you have to say well played to him, doesn't make it a good use of public money min.

it might be funny on 1st Feb with Leavers who are unaware that we won't actually have left, but will simply have entered the transition period, and won't have revoked much of the dreaded EU red tape.

What do you mean we won't actually have left? Of course we will have. On that day we will be a third country outside of the EU. I don't believe that there are many leavers who don't understand what the transition/implementation period is all about and what the implications are for both us and the EU during that period.

https://www.instituteforgovernment.org.uk/explainers/brexit-transition-period

it might be funny on 1st Feb with Leavers who are unaware that we won't actually have left, but will simply have entered the transition period, and won't have revoked much of the dreaded EU red tape.
How ironic.

Seeing as we WILL have left the EU.

We will be in the customs union and single market during the transition though.

Strange how remainers don't understand this.

https://www.ft.com/content/9c5538ba-410c-11ea-a047-eae9bd51ceba

"Brexit day will transform the UK’s relationship with Europe, shift the country’s place in the world and herald a new era in international relations. But little to nothing will immediately change. "

"During that 11-month spell, the UK will keep many of the benefits and obligations of being in the EU: British nationals will no longer be EU citizens, but they will be able to travel around the union as freely as before; British members of the European parliament will have packed their bags, but the UK will remain a fully integrated part of the single market."

"The UK will enter a twilight period during which it will continue to apply and be bound by all EU laws but will be ejected from the EU’s political institutions..."

"Britain will have zero say over the EU rules that will still apply to the country for the next 11 months."

"Free movement of goods will continue during the transition period. But Britain will no longer be represented in the crucial technical work the EU carries out to decide which products can be sold in its market and under what conditions."

I'm loving the schadenfreude from the forum's remoaners. As the time to our departure moves ever closer towards the 11pm Friday deadline, so we have the wailing and gnashing of teeth, the increase in the petty insults from those who don't recognise the concept of losers' consent.

And for Badger, who wishes to kid himself that we won't actually be leaving until the end of the year, and Tame who just loves the new 50p coin, I offer this solution from Julia Hartley-Brewer:-

I entreat any despairing Remoaners to hand all of their unwanted Brexit 50p pieces to me. In return, I will give them 20p back and tell them what they are allowed to spend it on. That way they can happily go on pretending that they are still living in the EU and Brexit has never happened
:lol:

Schadenfreude towards, not from. (typo)

Angry Les trying to be clever and punch above his weight but falling flat on his face. It’s angry, impotent Les in a nutshell. Damn those nasty Germans for not bending their language to his mighty will. As for JHB’s comment, proof that Angry Les will believe any old s**t as long as it’s delivered by someone with a posh accent.

Edited by shurlock

'Got Brexit Done': Tory party sells £12 tea towel in celebration

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/jan/28/got-brexit-done-tory-party-sells-12-tea-towel-in-celebration?

Just too late to buy Chrissie presents for Duckie and Les.:lol:

Don’t worry. Angry Les has a new range of gnomes out in time.* Perfect for all immigrants and unaccompanied child refugees.

welcome-and-go-away-garden-gnomes-mirror-the-uks-divided-public-opinion-relating-to-brexit-MTB22K.jpg

*while stocks last

Edited by shurlock

Angry Les trying to be clever and punch above his weight but falling flat on his face. It’s angry, impotent Les in a nutshell. Damn those nasty Germans for not bending their language to his mighty will. As for JHB’s comment, proof that Angry Les will believe any old s**t as long as it’s delivered by someone with a posh accent.

You're becoming more and more shrill and insulting as the days march by, Gavyn. I do worry about where your blood pressure will be at the end of the 31st. Take a rest in a quiet corner, close your eyes and relax, let it all wash over you; you'll feel much better for it. I'm deeply touched about your concern for my well-being, but don't risk your health and sanity worrying about others who are perfectly content and sanguine, indeed jubilant about how events affect their own position.

As for the absurd opinion that I would only believe any old sh*t so long as it's delivered by somebody with a posh accent, how come that I didn't believe all the guff uttered by the poshos who pedalled project fear? :rolleyes::lol:

If you believe that, then you live in cloud cuckoo land. When Boris won his stonking majority, some in the EU assumed wrongly that he wanted a soft Brexit all along, and it enabled him to go for one with a big enough majority to steamroller it through.

That was wishful thinking by the EU, from the more gormless types like Verhofstadt, along with some of the arch remoaner losers in the UK, the likes of Campbell, Adonis and Blair.

Any form of alignment and compliance will be a matter of what suits us, as you will have gleaned if you have been keeping abreast of current noises emanating from various government ministers stating categorically that we will cease be rule-takers. The ERG were always the most ardent advocates of the stance that no deal was better than a bad deal, and most stood firm on May's atrocious WA apart from a few who supported it when it was put to the House a third time and the Parliamentary arithmetic suggested that it was that bad deal or the possibility of no Brexit. Now, not only are the numbers of Conservative MPs supporting Brexit and the ERG position considerably increased, but also the Remoaner rebel group in the Party has been consigned to oblivion in the election, as has a substantial chunk of the Labour Party. Amendments to the WAB put forward by the Commons and Lords which would have made it softer, have been thrown out.The EU has our gun against its head that we will not extend the WA beyond the 31st December. We have made substantial arrangements to prepare for no deal. We have stated that we will be out of the SM, the CU, the CFP, CAP, ECJ and all that those entail. Why on earth would we go for some watered down soft Brexit, Norway in some sort of other disguise?

We'll see how it pans out. Not sure it will be as plain sailing as you suggest. Too many UK businesses rely on trade with Europe and in the end a workable solution will have to be found.

We'll see how it pans out. Not sure it will be as plain sailing as you suggest. Too many UK businesses rely on trade with Europe and in the end a workable solution will have to be found.

You realise the UK has a £66 billion trade deficit with the EU? Thus, more EU businesses rely on trade with the UK than vice versa...

Do a Trump on them and slap 25% on German car imports and see the EU quickly find a workable solution.

You realise the UK has a £66 billion trade deficit with the EU? Thus, more EU businesses rely on trade with the UK than vice versa...

Do a Trump on them and slap 25% on German car imports and see the EU quickly find a workable solution.

The EU also has a trade surplus with Andorra, so by your economically illiterate logic, the EU needs Andorra more than Andorra needs the EU. Give up John, no shame in accepting that this isn’t your thing.

The EU also has a trade surplus with Andorra, so by your economically illiterate logic, the EU needs Andorra more than Andorra needs the EU. Give up John, no shame in accepting that this isn’t your thing.

And therefore by your implied barmy, skewed logic, Andorra's trade with the EU is entirely in the same bracket as ours, is it? Making that connection means that this is going to take some beating as one of your most notable brain farts, Gavyn:lol:

And therefore by your implied barmy, skewed logic, Andorra's trade with the EU is entirely in the same bracket as ours, is it? Making that connection means that this is going to take some beating as one of your most notable brain farts, Gavyn:lol:

No s**t and whoooosh. I’m making a reductio ad absurdum point to emphasise the idiocy of using bilateral trade balances as a metric of dependence. Keep up Angry Les.

Edited by shurlock

Very interesting programme on BBC 4 last night. Being the BBC it was a repeat, and biased towards pinko remain establishment. It had interviews with civil servants & MP’s that were there from as long ago as Macmillan’s forlorn attempts to get us in, through Grocer Heath’s betrayal & even pinko Cameron made an appearance.

Forget the Treaty of Rome & it’s “ever closer union”, The European Coal and Steel Community, it’s forefather, actually stated the long term aim was federalisation. Which was why Macmillan opposed it until captured by the pinko establishment . Old boys who were actually there negotiating our entry, freely conceded that they knew it wasn’t just an economic project. They also acknowledged that the deliberately lied to the British people and admitted why. They knew there wouldn’t have been the consent had they known the truth.

Luckily enough of us saw through it eventually. One day we’ll get the thanks we deserve, but until then, we’ll enjoy the celebrations this weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did he really post that? Jeez, as the Germans call us Treasure Island, Christ only knows what they call Andorra. Probably "Wo???"

Missing the point. I’m making a reductio ad absurdum point to emphasise the idiocy of using bilateral trade balances as a metric of dependence. Keep up Angry Les.

The point was pointless. It was as adsurd as it could possibly be, and you looked stupid for making it. As I suggested earlier, go and lie down quietly in a dark room until some semblance of normal thought processes return. Just as a little hint, the :lol: at the end of my last sentence indicates my state of humour. Just to help you make a correct judgement in future, I'll use one of these if I'm angry.:x

:p

The point was pointless. It was as adsurd as it could possibly be, and you looked stupid for making it. As I suggested earlier, go and lie down quietly in a dark room until some semblance of normal thought processes return. Just as a little hint, the :lol: at the end of my last sentence indicates my state of humour. Just to help you make a correct judgement in future, I'll use one of these if I'm angry.:x

:p

Whoooosh. It was deliberately absurd because it’s an absurd measure. What better way to illustrate it’s absurdity?

Three emojis Les in a space of a few sentences - you’re obviously angry and rattled pal.

Edited by shurlock

No s**t and whoooosh. I’m making a reductio ad absurdum point to emphasise the idiocy of using bilateral trade balances as a metric of dependence. Keep up Angry Les.

Thank God for the edit button, eh, Gavyn? That way you can alter the post to read differently to the one that is being criticised. Unfortunately I don't have that facility myself, as despite paying my subscription in August, they haven't granted me full membership yet, even though I have contacted them three times to point it out.

Thank God for the edit button, eh, Gavyn? That way you can alter the post to read differently to the one that is being criticised. Unfortunately I don't have that facility myself, as despite paying my subscription in August, they haven't granted me full membership yet, even though I have contacted them three times to point it out.

My point was exactly the same before and after the edit: i was making a reductio ad absurdum point to emphasise the complete moronic, economic idiocy of looking at countries surpluses and deficits. Point made, except you’ve got egg on your face for taking it literally :lol:

Whoooosh. It was deliberately absurd because it’s an absurd measure. Three emojis Les - you’re obviously angry and rattled pal.

And as I pointed out, the absurdity of it made you look stupid. As I also pointed out, the emojis were there to assist you in assessing my mood. They are really quite a simple illustrative device. I am surprised that you are unable to interpret them accurately, so I'll describe my mood in words instead.

I am really very, very happy, even ecstatic, that in just over two days we will be out of the EU. I'll think of you when I'm celebrating on Friday evening. All things come to those who wait, Gavyn.

He only started doing emojis after I accused him of being humourless. Bless!!

There’s a simple equation with our Les. Take the number of emojis in a post, divide it by the number of sentences. The larger the value, the less hinged and more frantic he is. Alas he’s not in a good place at the moment.

There’s a simple equation with our Les. Take the number of emojis in a post, divide it by the number of sentences. The larger the value, the less hinged and more frantic he is. Alas he’s not in a good place at the moment.

You've just had another brain fart, Gavyn! For it to be the petty insult you intended it to be, it would have the be the other way around, (or multiplied, not divided). You obviously don't do Wednesdays, or is it that the closer we get to Friday evening, the more confused you get?

You've just had another brain fart, Gavyn! For it to be the petty insult you intended it to be, it would have the be the other way around, (or multiplied, not divided). You obviously don't do Wednesdays, or is it that the closer we get to Friday evening, the more confused you get?

Oh dear Les.

Oh dear, Gavyn :lol::rolleyes::p

Yes Les. The number of emojis is your numerator; the number of lines is the denominator. In this case, 3 emojis in one line (3/1 = 3). It is far more unhinged than say 3 emojis in 10 lines 3/10 =0.3. Please stop embarrassing yourself and wasting my time.

Yes Les. The number of emojis is your numerator; the number of lines is the denominator. In this case, 3 emojis in one line (3/1 = 3). It is far more unhinged than say 3 emojis in 10 lines 3/10 =0.3. Please stop embarrassing yourself and wasting my time.

Oh dear. He is in a bad way.

• Lighthouse changed the title to Brexit - Post Match Reaction