• Leave Before - Leave Now
    • Leave Before - Remain Now
    • Leave Before - Not Bothered Now
    • Remain Before - Remain Now
    • Remain Before - Leave Now
    • Remain Before - Not Bothered Now
    • Not Bothered Before - Leave Now
    • Not Bothered Before - Remain Now
    • I've never been bothered - Why am I on this Thread?
    • No second Ref - 2016 was Definitive and Binding

Forget about the sad sacks crying in the European Parliament today, forget about their stupid singing. The best speech was from this Finnish filly. Hot...hot...hot..

"Friday will be a glorious day for the UK. Brexit is the victory for the common British people against multinational corporations and other elites"

"Britain will triumph outside the EU”

Wow, what a babe...

35584c8e193189a1eda0c8dab64ffabe.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes Les. The number of emojis is your numerator; the number of lines is the denominator. In this case, 3 emojis in one line (3/1 = 3). It is far more unhinged than say 3 emojis in 10 lines 3/10 =0.3. Please stop embarrassing yourself and wasting my time.

You fail to see the fatal flaw in your reasoning. Ten sentences followed by 10 emojis, = 1. That's not exactly the outcome you would wish for your petty little formula, is it? As I say, it would have been better multiplied.

But here we are just a matter of hours away now from our departure from the sclerotic EU and the handful of remaining remoaners are reduced to making stupid comments introducing little Andorra into the conversation, or attempting to police the usage of emojis.

This Brexit thread is surely at an end come tomorrow at 11pm, (apart from reporting on the celebrations the day after) so as I'm sure that the forum's arch remoaners will wish to continue whining and sulking on here, there is the opportunity to continue with a new thread. Gavyn says that the fun and games will begin on 1st February, so here is his chance to start the thread then with a title along those lines.

You fail to see the fatal flaw in your reasoning. Ten sentences followed by 10 emojis, = 1. That's not exactly the outcome you would wish for your petty little formula, is it? As I say, it would have been better multiplied.

But here we are just a matter of hours away now from our departure from the sclerotic EU and the handful of remaining remoaners are reduced to making stupid comments introducing little Andorra into the conversation, or attempting to police the usage of emojis.

This Brexit thread is surely at an end come tomorrow at 11pm, (apart from reporting on the celebrations the day after) so as I'm sure that the forum's arch remoaners will wish to continue whining and sulking on here, there is the opportunity to continue with a new thread. Gavyn says that the fun and games will begin on 1st February, so here is his chance to start the thread then with a title along those lines.

And 10 emojis in 1 sentence (=10) is worse than than 10 emojis in 10 sentences (=1). In turn 10 emojis in 10 sentences (=1) is worse than 1 emoji in 100 sentences (=0.01), even if they both multiply to 100. Multiplying can be skewed by a large number of sentences and doesn’t capture the intensity with which you post your emojis which says something about your frantic, rattled state of mind.

It’s clear you’ve needlessly embarrassed yourself Les. Not only did you pick a fight you didn’t need to on the pretence you thought you were being clever but you then compounded matters by coming back for seconds. You’re not very bright pal - I’d leave it at that. Focus on tomorrow if you can count that far ahead :lol:

Edited by shurlock

Is one a high score by your emoji metric, Gavyn? If I could be bothered, I could find numerous posts of yours where you have one sentence with a single emoji, or even the occasional couple of emojis for two sentences. Plainly having several sentences with an emoji each and returning the same score of one isn't what you intended with your little formula, is it?

How many hours is it until we're out? I make it around 35.

Is one a high score by your emoji metric, Gavyn? If I could be bothered, I could find numerous posts of yours where you have one sentence with a single emoji, or even the occasional couple of emojis for two sentences. Plainly having several sentences with an emoji each and returning the same score of one isn't what you intended with your little formula, is it?

Well done Les . This is comedy gold. With 35 hours to go before your big orgasm you are making yourself look extremely foolish. Just admit that you were wrong about emojis and stop picking at the scab.

Have you been celebrating early by any chance??

You’re still speaking meaningless gibberish Les.

It’s exactly as I intended as I couldn’t care less about the length of your posts (longwinded though they are) but I do find the intensity with which you post emojis very revealing about your state of mind. Further refinements could take into account emoji type as you I detect much greater anger, frustration and impotence in your :lol: emoji than your other emojis and experiment with different measures of intensity. Semantic and sentiment analysis could follow.*

Ultimately, your input is welcome (though your original multiplication idea is plainly stupid) and I’m glad you’re taking such an interest in your own wellbeing. The fact that it’s your big day soon and you’ve slept on and returned to a conversation (time lapse between posts = another input for the model?**) and not just any conversation but this special conversation in particular suggests you’re not all there, so a metric like this could be of use. I honestly need to go now.

*I’m joking

** I’m joking

Edited by shurlock

We owe a debt of gratitude to Nigel Farage. His unstinting campaign to get us out of the EU and UKIP's success in the 2014 European election forced Cameron into promising a referendum on our membership in the subsequent GE. Despite the best efforts of the establishment and big business vested interests, we voted to leave, Farage having played a pivotal role in the campaign. His contributions again proved decisive when his newly formed Brexit Party from nowhere a short time before, won the largest number of UK MEP seats in the 2019 European elections, bringing about May's resignation and the appointment of Boris as PM. During the GE campaign, his decision to not stand candidates against the Tories in seats that they held, was instrumental in Boris gaining his stonking majority. We would not be where we are today without his efforts over many years, so I am very happy to acknowledge his contribution on the eve of our reaching this historic moment.

Interesting to contrast his farewell speech to that from Verhofstadt, who still hasn't got the faintest idea why we chose to leave, any more than Labour have no idea why they lost the election.

It was all very well organised, everyone was given a little plastic flag to hold, ready for waving when Nigel said.

The flags were made in China, though someone had crossed out their name on the box and scrawled England.

Then the rest of the gang came in, Katie Hopkins, Tommy Robinson, Rees-Mogg, the EDL, UKIP, Gove and the weird-looking King of the Poor from Wetherspoons, joking with the smug billionaire traders and newspaper owners standing quietly at the back.

We all huddled together as one, me and my people, united in celebration, ready for the big moment.

As we waited for a short millionaire to screech bong through a megaphone, I wondered how it came to this - shoulder-to-shoulder with the filthy-rich, and stood between Ann Widdecombe and Rupert Lowe, both of them frothing-at-the-mouth and jabbering uncontrollably about Pinkos, and the beautiful glory of war.

I held my little flag tight and we all listened to Robinson as he persistently explained the Koran to everyone - he seems to know a lot more about Sharia law than he does about UK law.

Hopkins grinned that mad starey-eyed false grin she does and hugged me, for a little bit too long - she thanked me, and a venture capitalist shook my hand, then wiped his on a handkerchief.

So this is what everyone here had fought so hard for, yet in the cold light of this new dawn, looking at my people around me, I wondered how I ended up in this gang - and where they intended to take me next.

Robinson continued to rant, the megaphone crackled into life, and we all held up our little flags awaiting further instruction...

Mondeo Man 2020

... but I do find the intensity with which you post emojis very revealing about your state of mind. Further refinements could take into account emoji type as you I detect much greater anger, frustration and impotence in your :lol: emoji than your other emojis and experiment with different measures of intensity. Semantic and sentiment analysis could follow.*

I've suggested before that you shouldn't dabble in amateur psychiatry, Gavyn. You're plainly not very good at it. Could it be that a time lapse between posts is indicative of a need to do other work/social related things? Now there's a novel thought, isn't it?

Forget about the sad sacks crying in the European Parliament today, forget about their stupid singing. The best speech was from this Finnish filly. Hot...hot...hot..

"Friday will be a glorious day for the UK. Brexit is the victory for the common British people against multinational corporations and other elites"

"Britain will triumph outside the EU”

Wow, what a babe...

35584c8e193189a1eda0c8dab64ffabe.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Your poor wife.

Actually I was wrong. Although the UK will not be leaving the Single Market or Customs Union tomorrow, no EU regulations will be removed from the Statute Book, we will remain bound by EU monitoring and regulatory bodies until Dec 31st, and nothing will change regarding travel between the UK and the EU, one thing will definitely change - we will no longer be able to extradite suspects from Germany.

So crack open the bubbly, ( British of course ).

Actually I was wrong. Although the UK will not be leaving the Single Market or Customs Union tomorrow, no EU regulations will be removed from the Statute Book, we will remain bound by EU monitoring and regulatory bodies until Dec 31st, and nothing will change regarding travel between the UK and the EU, one thing will definitely change - we will no longer be able to extradite suspects from Germany.

So crack open the bubbly, ( British of course ).

They still don’t know what they’ve won (excluding meaningless abstractions and soundbites). Some are even climbing down from the big claims they’ve made over the past three years: that you can have frictionless trade while leaving the CU and SM. What remains is gloating at how angry leaving the EU will make the remainiacs. Which is very odd coming from a bunch of middle-aged and angry old men.

They still don’t know what they’ve won (excluding meaningless abstractions and soundbites). Some are even climbing down from the big claims they’ve made over the past three years: that you can have frictionless trade while leaving the CU and SM. What remains is gloating at how angry leaving the EU will make the remainiacs. Which is very odd coming from a bunch of middle-aged and angry old men.

I'm not angry about leaving the EU, but I am sad that the over-riding image of our country is that it is insular and xenophobic.

Anyone who celebrates today is a ****ing idiot, same goes for anyone who starts crying. Nothing will change until next year at the earliest, we don’t know what sort of deal we will or get or have a clue about wether we will be better off or not so celebrating is just retarded.

I'm not angry about leaving the EU, but I am sad that the over-riding image of our country is that it is insular and xenophobic.

https://brexitcentral.com/its-time-to-seize-the-opportunities-of-brexit-and-embrace-a-global-vision/

The image of our country as being insular and xenophobic is one that the remoaners love to perpetuate. I'm in the camp of those who look forward optimistically to the sort of opportunities and vision espoused by articles like this. Global Vision; that doesn't sound very insular or xenophobic, does it?

Anyone who celebrates today is a ****ing idiot, same goes for anyone who starts crying. Nothing will change until next year at the earliest, we don’t know what sort of deal we will or get or have a clue about wether we will be better off or not so celebrating is just retarded.

If you think that the arrival of the day that I have been waiting for over a period of nearly 30 years isn't worth me celebrating, then fine. You are entitled to your opinion, and you might not see any reason to celebrate this most auspicious day in our nation's recent history yourself. But don't be a killjoy and hurl insults at those who wish to celebrate it. No, we don't know what sort of deal (or no deal) will be in place at the end of the year, but you miss the point of what today represents; we will have left the EU at 11pm. If you think that this in itself is not worthy of celebration and that those who believe that it is must be retarded, then who cares? It is arrogant and insulting attitudes like this that helped bring about the Leave vote, and indeed Boris' GE victory

If you think that the arrival of the day that I have been waiting for over a period of nearly 30 years isn't worth me celebrating, then fine. You are entitled to your opinion, and you might not see any reason to celebrate this most auspicious day in our nation's recent history yourself. But don't be a killjoy and hurl insults at those who wish to celebrate it. No, we don't know what sort of deal (or no deal) will be in place at the end of the year, but you miss the point of what today represents; we will have left the EU at 11pm. If you think that this in itself is not worthy of celebration and that those who believe that it is must be retarded, then who cares? It is arrogant and insulting attitudes like this that helped bring about the Leave vote, and indeed Boris' GE victory

Well said.

I won’t be celebrating as I’ll be meeting friends in Southport. I don’t know if they’re leavers or remainers, and I doubt I will by the end of the night. But if people want to celebrate, it’s for them to decide, not jumped up arrogant Remoaners.

The most important thing is at 11pm, there’s no going back. It’s over, done. Instead of trying to stop Brexit, they’ll have to campaign to rejoin, and all that entails. An entirely different proposition.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well said.

I won’t be celebrating as I’ll be meeting friends in Southport. I don’t know if they’re leavers or remainers, and I doubt I will by the end of the night. But if people want to celebrate, it’s for them to decide, not jumped up arrogant Remoaners.

The most important thing is at 11pm, there’s no going back. It’s over, done. Instead of trying to stop Brexit, they’ll have to campaign to rejoin, and all that entails. An entirely different proposition.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I presume you are off to Anfield tomorrow. Southport on a Friday before a match in Liverpool is a great weekend.

Have a bloidy good weekend and get 3 points for us.

https://brexitcentral.com/its-time-to-seize-the-opportunities-of-brexit-and-embrace-a-global-vision/

The image of our country as being insular and xenophobic is one that the remoaners love to perpetuate. I'm in the camp of those who look forward optimistically to the sort of opportunities and vision espoused by articles like this. Global Vision; that doesn't sound very insular or xenophobic, does it?

BrexitCentral, a clearly unbiased source.

You missed the point as usual. I think leaving the EU is probably a bad idea, you think it is probably a good idea - either point of view is fine. But neither of us know what is going to happen next year and going forward so it is idiotic to celebrate anything yet, just like it’s daft to cry over it if you are a remoaner.

If leaving the EU turns out to be a good move I will be celebrating as much as you and the Gammons in London. Celebrating today is just for the loons, the xenophobic and mainly the many who don’t really understand it but just want it done because they are sick of feeling stupid when they hear about just-in-time supply lines etc.

You missed the point as usual. I think leaving the EU is probably a bad idea, you think it is probably a good idea - either point of view is fine. But neither of us know what is going to happen next year and going forward so it is idiotic to celebrate anything yet, just like it’s daft to cry over it if you are a remoaner.

If leaving the EU turns out to be a good move I will be celebrating as much as you and the Gammons in London. Celebrating today is just for the loons, the xenophobic and mainly the many who don’t really understand it but just want it done because they are sick of feeling stupid when they hear about just-in-time supply lines etc.

2563d234c37eb65fc0b04617eded542d.jpg

It is you who has missed the point entirely. You seem to have missed me saying that I have waited for this day for nearly 30 years and strangely you see no reason why I should celebrate that occasion. You have missed the point that in the same way as joining the EEC was an historic event that was celebrated by those who wanted to join it on the day that it became a reality, the day of our leaving the EU is equally a reason for celebration by those who wished no longer to be a member of it.

You just go and have a quiet sulk at 11pm if that is your desire, but please don't be so arrogant as to try and suggest how others should mark the occasion. Just to put you fully in the picture, I celebrated Boris' stonking great win in the GE too. Likewise, I do not have a crystal ball to tell me how the next five years or so will turn out. I expect that on New Year's Eve you don't raise a glass or two, and go to bed early as you don't know how the ensuing year is going to pan out. So far, this one is going really well.

What, no recession? No emergency budget? No dramatic loss of jobs? No huge price rises? No shortages of food? No shortages of medicines?

It's almost as if we've been lied to.

can you tell me.. Will the Aeroplanes still be able to fly over mainland Europe after 11pm tonight? I have a family coming over from Italy next week.

I heard navigation of the airspace was under threat. Still, when my Auntie comes over, we might have to eat dog food off the floor given the dire state we will be in from tonight........oh

What, no recession? No emergency budget? No dramatic loss of jobs? No huge price rises? No shortages of food? No shortages of medicines?

Apart from all the evidence suggesting that the country is already poorer than it would have been if it had voted to remain.

Still, if a good old strawman makes you feel any better (it doesn’t make you less stupid mind), fill your boots, little westie.

Edited by shurlock

can you tell me.. Will the Aeroplanes still be able to fly over mainland Europe after 11pm tonight? I have a family coming over from Italy next week.

I heard navigation of the airspace was under threat. Still, when my Auntie comes over, we might have to eat dog food off the floor given the dire state we will be in from tonight........oh

Nothing significant changes until New Year's Day 2021, other than new UK passports will now be blue.

• Lighthouse changed the title to Brexit - Post Match Reaction