• Leave Before - Leave Now
    • Leave Before - Remain Now
    • Leave Before - Not Bothered Now
    • Remain Before - Remain Now
    • Remain Before - Leave Now
    • Remain Before - Not Bothered Now
    • Not Bothered Before - Leave Now
    • Not Bothered Before - Remain Now
    • I've never been bothered - Why am I on this Thread?
    • No second Ref - 2016 was Definitive and Binding

Did his constituency vote in or out I wonder? 27 years he has been earning a fine salary and his wonderful pension. Never heard of him until today. As for the Liberals being the right people, god the leader jumps from one side to the other

Bracknell voted out, I believe. Lee has been a constant dissident on the Brexit issue. With luck, there will be a General Election very soon, so that the electorate of Bracknell will have the opportunity to give him the order of the boot.

Bracknell voted out, I believe. Lee has been a constant dissident on the Brexit issue. With luck, there will be a General Election very soon, so that the electorate of Bracknell will have the opportunity to give him the order of the boot.

Peterborough was one of the most pro Brexit constituencies yet voted in Labour a couple of months ago so not sure about that.

Peterborough was one of the most pro Brexit constituencies yet voted in Labour a couple of months ago so not sure about that.

Don't mention P'boro to Les - it got him very upset last time, caused him to go missing after than acting as if the result was in the bag and when he returned he started posting far-right links to explain away the result. Not the little fella's finest moment :lol:

I watched the first episode of "Rise of the Nazis", and some of the parallels between political activism in Germany in the late 1920s/ early 1930s and the UK in the last 4 years were worrying. Obviously we haven't got armed paramilitaries walking round, but with the ( verbally ) aggressive entrenchment towards both extremes of the political spectrum, the manipulation of Parliamentary process, and the increasingly overt xenophobia spouted by some, I can't see any chance of a "healing process" any time soon.
Some of what you say is true but comparing it to nazi Germany is scaremongering and a bit silly imo.

BoJo's playing a blinder. No deal brexit, get rid of the Lib Dem infestation and greatly increase the Conservative majority at the next GE. A free trade agreement with the US, the EU on the back foot and the dream of the opening post on this thread, comes true.

I love this country...

Just putting this here...think I may re-post this every day.

Wes, on TV last night they showed a group of Brexit supporters shouting "you're not British any more" at a group of pro-EU demonstrators. Do you agree with them ?

( Most of the playground antics on here, from both sides, are pathetic, but probably only reflect what our politicians have been doing for at least the last 5 years ).

Extremism in any form is concerning but what is more concerning is the way that some play down the threat of far right extremists. The Brexit situation is a breeding ground of discontent for those who want to go back to the days of the Empire and the longer this drags on the more the rhetoric of the far right will appeal to some leavers. You have to ask where all the anti EU rallies were in the years before the referendum. The far right love situations like this.

Some of what you say is true but comparing it to nazi Germany is scaremongering and a bit silly imo.

I didn't make a direct comparison, I said that there are some parallels, which there are, as I listed. How far removed are we from a far right, or far left, Government, either Corbyn's revolutionaries or a UKIP inspired amalgum of Farage's cronies and the right wing of the Tories, such as the ironically named Francois ?

Edited by badgerx16

You just don't get it, do you? You say that anybody calling those who wished to remain in the EU "Remoaners", cannot be expected to be treated like an adult. But you refuse to accept that by extension all those posters on the other side using insulting language should be treated in the same way too. Your powers of comprehension are getting a bit weak, I'm afraid. I am not asking you to speak for others. I am inviting you to state that others on the remain side are at least as guilty of puerile name-calling and that you condemn them too.

Surely that isn't too much to ask. Or do you approve of it when it's from the remain side?

Which playground do you live in? Am I supposed to go through several thousand posts trying to find every one that uses silly terminology? I don’t give a toss about the rest of the world, I was referring to the word that you and others have used. It’s time you learnt that the world’s not fair.

Please Sir! Please Sir! That nasty man told me off but he didn’t do the same for anybody else. It’s not fair!

Now look what you’ve made me do ?

Perhaps Johnson 's biggest problem is that he is a born liar. Very few trust him or believe what he says. His career has been tainted by sackings for lying. His personal life is a mess due to his infidelities and lies.

This means that he is not trusted. Even if he is now telling the truth and negotiations are proceeding well with the EU, he is not believed. Nobody trusts him not to switch the date of an election until after 31 October, even though he denies that this is in his plans.

Theresa May was incompetent but at least her honesty was very rarely questioned. This bloke will ultimately be brought down by his dishonesty.

Perhaps Johnson 's biggest problem is that he is a born liar. Very few trust him or believe what he says. His career has been tainted by sackings for lying. His personal life is a mess due to his infidelities and lies.

This means that he is not trusted. Even if he is now telling the truth and negotiations are proceeding well with the EU, he is not believed. Nobody trusts him not to switch the date of an election until after 31 October, even though he denies that this is in his plans.

Theresa May was incompetent but at least her honesty was very rarely questioned. This bloke will ultimately be brought down by his dishonesty.

The biggest lie of course being his view on Brexit. A bigger remainer you won’t find.

More like Ken Clarke and I could almost vote Tory

I would have voted for him if he’d won the leadership, or Heseltine back in the day. Superb Chancellor in a chaotic government in the 90s as well. Of course, that party is now ravaged with extremists under a UKIP cloak. That headcase Steve Baker I see is suggesting a pact with Brexit Party. They will never regain their reputation - what is left of it - for being economically stronger and stable, of prioritising law and order and the union if they go that route. Baker is essentially saying sacrifice his own party for Brexit, that is serious extremism. I can’t stand Corbyn but if Momentum was a separate party and he said that he would be hammered for that.

Hope Hammond crosses the floor as well - would wipe the floor with the Tories as a Lib Dem and would offer a major injection of competent cabinet experience. No one can say he wasn’t a decent Chancellor.

Several Tory friends have left the party and joined the LDs. Going to be a steady flow now.

I would have voted for him if he’d won the leadership, or Heseltine back in the day. Superb Chancellor in a chaotic government in the 90s as well. Of course, that party is now ravaged with extremists under a UKIP cloak. That headcase Steve Baker I see is suggesting a pact with Brexit Party. They will never regain their reputation - what is left of it - for being economically stronger and stable, of prioritising law and order and the union if they go that route. Baker is essentially saying sacrifice his own party for Brexit, that is serious extremism. I can’t stand Corbyn but if Momentum was a separate party and he said that he would be hammered for that.

Hope Hammond crosses the floor as well - would wipe the floor with the Tories as a Lib Dem and would offer a major injection of competent cabinet experience. No one can say he wasn’t a decent Chancellor.

Several Tory friends have left the party and joined the LDs. Going to be a steady flow now.

exremists, sacrifice, extremism.....jesus christ. This is UK polictics, the some of the most tolerant, middle of the road group of parties in the civilised world.

I have been around the world (every continent) and I assure you, we do not have 'extremists' in our main parties ffs.

exremists, sacrifice, extremism.....jesus christ. This is UK polictics, the some of the most tolerant, middle of the road group of parties in the civilised world.

I have been around the world (every continent) and I assure you, we do not have 'extremists' in our main parties ffs.

Yet you've been calling Corbyn an extremist for a long time.

By the way, just setting foot on another continent for the purposes of beer and prostitutes doesn't qualify you to portray yourself as an expert on global geopolitics.

Yay let's have more status quo with lots of nice austerity for the poor people and lots of lovely money for the top half what what.

Just for your education, I was made redundant as a result of austerity, so fully understand the impact. Corbyn and McDonnell in power and enacting the vision described this week in the FT would be as much a fiscal disaster as a no-deal jump off the precipice.

I know many (including myself) just from my constituency that have done that same move...and my constituency is...

Runnymede and Weybridge.

Would love to see Phil move over as we like him here. Got a lovely house in Ripley too.

I know many (including myself) just from my constituency that have done that same move...and my constituency is...

Runnymede and Weybridge.

Would love to see Phil move over as we like him here. Got a lovely house in Ripley too.

Hammond and his constituency association already outsmarted Johnson.According to Sky on Monday night he was re-selected to fight the coming election, whenever it is. He couldn't be removed without a court battle. Hammond seems set to stay and fight for the kind of broad church Tory party he wants.

Just for your education, I was made redundant as a result of austerity, so fully understand the impact. Corbyn and McDonnell in power and enacting the vision described this week in the FT would be as much a fiscal disaster as a no-deal jump off the precipice.

I disagree.

I think the bill will pass and be taken out again when the conservatives extend their majority

They likely won't extend their majority. Most predictions point to a hung Parliament so there will be deadlock again unless there is a broad coalition. If Corbyn is smart, big if, he'll whip against for the GE vote until some kind of Brexit way forward is agreed and beyond the point of no return.

Edited by buctootim

• Lighthouse changed the title to Brexit - Post Match Reaction