• Leave Before - Leave Now
    • Leave Before - Remain Now
    • Leave Before - Not Bothered Now
    • Remain Before - Remain Now
    • Remain Before - Leave Now
    • Remain Before - Not Bothered Now
    • Not Bothered Before - Leave Now
    • Not Bothered Before - Remain Now
    • I've never been bothered - Why am I on this Thread?
    • No second Ref - 2016 was Definitive and Binding

Remainer Dan Hodges must have read this thread before he penned his article in the remain MoS today. Perfect description of the arrogant losers on here.

“lecturing has become the Remainers’ default setting.

The Remainers have transitioned from fearing Brexit to actively hoping Brexit will indeed prove the catalyst for national catastrophe. Their entire world view is predicated on Brexit’s failure.

The economy has to slump, then crash. The NHS and other vital public services have to collapse. Britain has to be isolated, then shunned, by the global community.

These are no longer things that fill Remainers with trepidation, but with longing. They absolutely have to be proved right. And the only way they can be proved right is through Brexit Armageddon. Because if Brexit works, the world as they know it vanishes around them. And then they have to adopt the Brexiteers’ old lament: ‘I don’t recognise my own country any more.”

“That’s why the Remainers lost. Because they proved to be just as ideologically obsessed and blinkered as their opponents. Because they had no interest in listening, only in proving they knew best. Because when they were asked to show some respect for the British people, all they could muster was contempt.

The nation saw all this. They saw it three and a half years ago. And they see it this morning. So the Remainers will lose again. And again. And again.”

Utter and complete

I-was-nominated-by-@shelby.the_.doxie-to-post-a-puppy-pic-13-770x405.jpg

Couple of Remoaners proving Hodges right again....,

“Because they had no interest in listening, only in proving they knew best”.

“Lecturing has become the Remainer’s default setting ”

Which do you think is the greater number; the percentage of remain voters who want brexit to 'fail', or the percentage of leave voters who are racists ?

I’m sure it will improve as soon as the first tranche of the £350m a week that was promised to the NHS gets paid. Presumably this will be from 1st February?

We will still be paying into the EU until the end of the transition period, so the "promised" money won't be available until 2021 at the earliest.

Unless you can show me otherwise, Westie, all you’ve done is take one meaningful association (age and education) and compared it to an utterly meaningless one (age and football ownership) in said context. Which, as I say, makes you look a tit.

Jesus wept! It took you long enough but you got there in the end!

That is EXACTLY what I did - to highlight that Sergie's two 'facts' were completely independent of one another!

I even put at the end that it was another pointless comparison. Glad you finally cottoned on though pal, maybe that little lie down helped get you through another confusing day!

Jesus wept! It took you long enough but you got there in the end!

That is EXACTLY what I did - to highlight that Sergie's two 'facts' were completely independent of one another!

I even put at the end that it was another pointless comparison. Glad you finally cottoned on though pal, maybe that little lie down helped get you through another confusing day!

Either you’re now putting words in my mouth because you’re desperate or you’re compounding your error by showing you can’t read, Westie.

Where did I say Sergei’s facts were independent of each other (per your claim)? I said it is a meaningful association in the context of who voted remain or leave in the referendum. By contrast, your facts -being young and owning a football- are independent of each other in the context of who voted remain or leave in the referendum. It is completely meaningless.

I get the impression you don’t know the difference between meaningful and meaningless. Wouldn’t surprise me as you’re not the brightest bulb in the intellectual chandelier.

To repeat, it is a basic empirical fact that younger voters are more likely to have voted remain; it is another undisputed empirical fact that more educated voters are more likely to have voted remain. And it is a further basic, undisputed, empirical fact that younger voters are more likely to have a degree (i.e. be more educated). In other words these facts are not independent of each other; they are interrelated on some level. Ergo it is not a “pointless comparison”. Only you, on this thread, thinks it is -and tried to demonstrate so with some guff about owning footballs.

Keep doubling down on your stupidity pal. I’ve got all day and all the rope you need for you to hang yourself. It’s no skin off my nose; but it can’t be very pleasant for you :lol:

Edited by shurlock

Either you’re now putting words in my mouth because you’re desperate or you’re compounding your error by showing you can’t read, Westie.

Where did I say Sergei’s facts were independent of each other (per your claim)? [/Quote]

Jesus wept!

I'm the one that said they were independent of each other, not you, me! Not sure what your problem is with the written word, pal, but perhaps you need another lie down!

To make it perfectly clear, at no point, ever, did I suggest that you claimed the two facts were independent of one another, that was me all along, and I was pointing out that his post didn't make any sense in the context it was written, ergo, it was meaningless / pointless (similar, in fact, to trying to engage with you!)

I get the impression you don’t know the difference between meaningful and meaningless. Wouldn’t surprise me as you’re not the brightest bulb in the intellectual chandelier.

Carry on with the insults if you like but it's pretty clear which one of us doesn't have the ability to read!

To repeat, it is a basic empirical fact that younger voters are more likely to have voted remain; it is another undisputed empirical fact that more educated voters are more likely to have voted remain. And it is a further basic, undisputed, empirical fact that younger voters are more likely to have a degree (i.e. be more educated). In other words these facts are not independent of each other; they are interrelated on some level. Ergo it is not a “pointless comparison”. Only you, on this thread, thinks it is -and tried to demonstrate so with some guff about owning footballs.

But that's not the point that Sergei was making is it!

Have you forgotten that you even said yourself that you didn't understand the point he was making (but maybe that's your whole inability to read issue?).

Keep doubling down on your stupidity pal. I’ve got all day and all the rope you need for you to hang yourself. It’s no skin off my nose; but it can’t be very pleasant for you :lol:

Yep, definitley me that's the stupid one :mcinees:

Westie - you’re having a compete mare pal. Give up - if this was a boxing match, the trainer would have thrown in the towel ages ago. Alas you’re too dim and stubborn to realise and keep walking into the metaphorical punches.

You say that age and education are independent of each other. Wrong. It flies in the face of all the evidence that shows they are related to some degree in the context of the referendum vote. And without wishing to patronise you any further, that’s what we’re talking about here -the referendum vote and whether the relationship between the remain vote and education level is real (interpreted by some as meaning remainers knew what they were doing) or whether the relationship is somewhat spurious, confounded by other factors such as age (see Badger’s post which points out that Sergei was challenging ecuk on this very point).

Flatly ignoring or denying the empirical evidence that age and education are interrelated in this context makes you look foolish. You then compounded your foolishness by likening it to an example that you pulled out of your arse and that is truly bizarre and pointless.

I know this place isn’t buzzing with intellect but you take the biscuit little Westie :lol:

Edited by shurlock

You say that age and education are independent of each other.

No, no I don't!

Jesus wept, you're thicker than a whale omelette!

I've said - numerous times now - that Sergei's post does not make sense, that was the point I was making. You'll recall from that post that he made no correlation between the two!

But feel free to highlight a post of mine that states age and education are independent of one another....

No, no I don't!

Jesus wept, you're thicker than a whale omelette!

I've said - numerous times now - that Sergei's post does not make sense, that was the point I was making. You'll recall from that post that he made no correlation between the two!

But feel free to highlight a post of mine that states age and education are independent of one another....

His general argument in the context of ecuk’s post makes sense - hence why everyone was able to understand and respond to it, except you. Perhaps if you’re the only one who struggles with a post, you should take a look in the mirror as the issue is almost certainly with you pal.

I didn’t say he made “no correlation between the two” (whatever that means). I couldnt work out the degree to which he thought age and education were correlated. And if the suggestion was that the two were perfectly or highly correlated, negating ecuk’s point then I disagree and provided evidence to that extent.

I’m glad we agree that age and education are not independent of each other and nothing like the relationship between age and owning a football.

On that point of agreement, I’m going to leave things here. You truly are a special poster, Oxford commas and all :lol:

Edited by shurlock

Not entirely sure what Brexit has got to do with the strength of the [independent] Zloty against the pound, especially as 'Brexit' hasn't actually happened yet, but feel free to have a look for yourself [pal] : https://www.poundsterlinglive.com/bank-of-england-spot/historical-spot-exchange-rates/gbp/GBP-to-PLN-2007

Jan 2005 5.8Zl / £

Jan 2008 4.8Zl / £

Jan 2009 4.3Zl / £

Jan 2011 4.6Zl / £ (4 years before a vote on Brexit was even mentioned!)

Jan 2013 4.9Zl / £

Jan 2016 5.9Zl / £ (1 year after the vote on Brexit with the pound getting stronger against the Zloty!)

Jan 2018 4.7Zl / £ (back to roughly 2008 levels!)

I'm sure there's something in there that will make me look stupid though!

Hmm. I don't think that Weston should accuse others of being thick. Ever since he posted this little classic, at the beginning of last year, I have considered him to be one of the more intellectually challenged members of the forum.

Basing a whole argument on the fact that the referendum was in 2015 not 2016 was amusing - especially as his argument was completely undermined by this error.

Hmm. I don't think that Weston should accuse others of being thick. Ever since he posted this little classic, at the beginning of last year, I have considered him to be one of the more intellectually challenged members of the forum.

Basing a whole argument on the fact that the referendum was in 2015 not 2016 was amusing - especially as his argument was completely undermined by this error.

:lol:

That’s our Westie.

The older you are the more likely you are to remember life before The EEC. Therefore your life experience is higher than snowflakes who only know life within the EU. Telling that the majority of this group of experienced people voted leave.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd be interested to see a stat of what percentage of people who fought in the Boer war were anti-Mandela.

For those informed and practising macro-economists out there, please can you explain why the current TARGET balances cause absolutely no cause for concern? The up-to-date figures can be found here.

In summary:

[TABLE=width: 500]

[TR]

[TD]€ billion[/TD]

[TD]Germany[/TD]

[TD]Spain[/TD]

[TD]Italy[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]2009[/TD]

[TD]177.7[/TD]

[TD]-41.1[/TD]

[TD]54.8[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]2019[/TD]

[TD]895.2[/TD]

[TD]-392.4[/TD]

[TD]-439.4[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

For those not following this ten year train wreck:

1. Italy and Spain are fu**ed
  2. The euro is fu**ed
  3. The EU is fu**ed
  4. We are not....

For those informed and practising macro-economists out there, please can you explain why the current TARGET balances cause absolutely no cause for concern? The up-to-date figures can be found here.

In summary:

[TABLE=width: 500]

[TR]

[TD]€ billion[/TD]

[TD]Germany[/TD]

[TD]Spain[/TD]

[TD]Italy[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]2009[/TD]

[TD]177.7[/TD]

[TD]-41.1[/TD]

[TD]54.8[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]2019[/TD]

[TD]895.2[/TD]

[TD]-392.4[/TD]

[TD]-439.4[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

For those not following this ten year train wreck:

1. Italy and Spain are fu**ed
  2. The euro is fu**ed
  3. The EU is fu**ed
  4. We are not....

I am not a macro-economist, ( and nor are you though I think you aspire to be ), but I do know that the Spanish and Italian balances are better than they were a year ago. For the Euro that is surely a good thing ? The only time Target2 balances would really matter would be in the extremely unlikely event of Italy leaving the Euro - current polling puts support for this at under 25% and it is not something being seriously considered politically.

Edited by badgerx16

I see that "project fear " mark 2 is happening. Experts are on the news predicting a storm this weekend with high winds and rain forecast.

Who these days believe experts? I have heard that Batman and co this weekend are planning on going sunbathing. Who needs "Project Fear" and experts?

https://blogs.spectator.co.uk/2020/02/lets-not-forget-the-unintentional-heroes-of-brexit/amp/

Even though we have now left the EU, this Brexit thread rumbles on for some reason. So it seems pertinent to reflect on how it all came about that we managed to leave, despite the best efforts of the remoaner establishment to thwart it. I heartily echo the sentiments of this article, thanking all those remoaners for the part they played in bringing it all about, although naturally they are all kicking themselves now for the wrong decisions they made, the "friendly fire" against their own side. Whether the eventual outcome was just as the result of happy good fortune, or whether there had been an element of strategic war-gaming, who knows? However it all came about, the end result really couldn't have been any better than any of the other alternatives that might have occurred.

For me, the most credit goes to the incompetent vicar's daughter, who allied with the equally useless Ollie Robbins, allowed Barnier and the EU to dictate the terms of our proposed colonial vassalage, making the defeat of her Withdrawal Agreement in the House the biggest in Parliamentary history. With the benefit of hindsight, the remoaners should have bitten her hand off for that deal, allowing the prospect of rejoining once it was recognised how bad it would have been for us. Rejoining will not be looked at for a couple of decades now, when the EU in its current form will probably no longer exist.

Who do others give the prize to for the part they played in our successful exit from the EU?

Who do others give the prize to for the part they played in our successful exit from the EU?

Dominic Grieve who ensured there was a meaningful vote and therefore May couldn’t implement her turd bypassing Parliament. Whilst May agreed to this as a result of Gina Miller’s court victory, Grievence proposed the bill that made it law. Thanks Dom.

Swinson & Krankie are the real Hereros though. A remainer parliament held Boris hostage and was, with the help of the dwarf Bercow, able to enact anything they wanted. They could control the order paper anytime the wanted, could write into law delay after delay. However, for some bizarre reason they gave the British people the key to Boris’ cell and they set him free. Swinson lost her seat and her credibility, and krankie has ****ed up independence for 50 years. Good luck with selling a hard border with RUK, Schengen and The Euro to the Sweaties.

a1e43c5472d4a077469c62d0ce34aadf.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Its a good job that the Euro is so weak. Have you visited France or Germany lately? With the pound at €1.18ish you find it doesn't go very far.

God help us if the Euro started to get strong.

In the EU, the reality of Brexit and it's effect on trade is finally going to bite. A great and concise article in this morning's DT, here.

New figures show the EU27 earned a €125 billion goods surplus from the UK in 2019 – almost two-thirds of the bloc’s entire global surplus, with Britain set to account for over 40 per cent of the EU’s sales with the rest of the world. This is seven times bigger than the EU surplus with Canada – so if Brussels can strike a trade deal with Ottawa not involving across-the-board rules alignment, open borders and fishing rights, it can do so with London. Britain must assert, as Johnson’s Chief Europe Advisor said last night, “the fundamentals of what it means to be an independent country”. And if these trade talks do fail, and WTO rules are used, the EU’s UK trade surplus translates into billions of pounds in annual net tariff payments from the EU to Britain.

Finally, the boot is on the other foot...

Obviously the Russians still have their counter sanctions in place after the EU imposed sanctions after the annexation of Crimea.

So there are a lot of European products that cannot head East.

They cant afford to be rigid with us in the slightest.

Obviously the Russians still have their counter sanctions in place after the EU imposed sanctions after the annexation of Crimea.

So there are a lot of European products that cannot head East.

They cant afford to be rigid with us in the slightest.

I don't think the Russian embargo on Finnish milk is going to have much impact on the EU's Brexit negotiating strategy.

I don't think the Russian embargo on Finnish milk is going to have much impact on the EU's Brexit negotiating strategy.
No, but agriculture takes up 60% of Polands land area and 12% of its workforce.

They can't legally sell their products to Russia, so it heads to Germany, putting pressure on the French crop.

No, but agriculture takes up 60% of Polands land area and 12% of its workforce.

They can't legally sell their products to Russia, so it heads to Germany, putting pressure on the French crop.

But how does that impact the post-Brexit trade deal ? Are you saying the EU will cave in because they need to dump the butter mountain on the UK ?

• Lighthouse changed the title to Brexit - Post Match Reaction