• Remain Before - Leave Now

6 3.80%
  • Remain Before - Not Bothered Now

0 0%
  • Not Bothered Before - Leave Now

3 1.90%
  • Not Bothered Before - Remain Now

4 2.53%
  • I've never been bothered - Why am I on this Thread?

2 1.27%
  • No second Ref - 2016 was Definitive and Binding

10 6.33%
Page 320 of 327 FirstFirst ... 220270310318319320321322 ... LastLast
Results 15,951 to 16,000 of 16331

Thread: Brexit - Enter at Your Own Risk

1. Default Brexit - Enter at Your Own Risk

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyboy View Post
    I'd be interested to see a stat of what percentage of people who fought in the Boer war were anti-Mandela.
    Would you?

**** me, youíre even more boring than I thought. You must be a bundle of laughs down the ale house.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Duckhunter View Post
    Would you?

**** me, you’re even more boring than I thought. You must be a bundle of laughs down the ale house.

*whooooosh*

Default Brexit - Enter at Your Own Risk

You must be a bundle of laughs down the ale house.
    Weatherspoon?

4. Default Brexit - Enter at Your Own Risk

Quote Originally Posted by Plastic View Post
    Weatherspoon?
    No, Wetherspoon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No, Wetherspoon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

I just took a peek in this thread to see what has happened since the UK had actually left Europe.

Wetherspoons is the answer, I suppose.

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Ohio Saint View Post
    I just took a peek in this thread to see what has happened since the UK had actually left Europe.

Wetherspoons is the answer, I suppose.
    We've taken up an independent seat at the WTO.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nolan View Post
    We've taken up an independent seat at the WTO.
    Good lad.

The first of the post-Brexit pharmaceutical supply issues ?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-51378514

10. Default Should the EU(Germany) be worried about Italy and Spain?

For those informed and practising macro-economists out there, please can you explain why the current TARGET balances cause absolutely no cause for concern? The up-to-date figures can be found here.

In summary:

Ä billion Germany Spain Italy
    2009 177.7 -41.1 54.8
    2019 895.2 -392.4 -439.4

For those not following this ten year train wreck:
    1. Italy and Spain are fu**ed
    2. The euro is fu**ed
    3. The EU is fu**ed
    4. We are not....

Quote Originally Posted by Guided Missile View Post
    For those informed and practising macro-economists out there, please can you explain why the current TARGET balances cause absolutely no cause for concern? The up-to-date figures can be found here.

In summary:

€ billion Germany Spain Italy
    2009 177.7 -41.1 54.8
    2019 895.2 -392.4 -439.4

For those not following this ten year train wreck:
    1. Italy and Spain are fu**ed
    2. The euro is fu**ed
    3. The EU is fu**ed
    4. We are not....
    I am not a macro-economist, ( and nor are you though I think you aspire to be ), but I do know that the Spanish and Italian balances are better than they were a year ago. For the Euro that is surely a good thing ? The only time Target2 balances would really matter would be in the extremely unlikely event of Italy leaving the Euro - current polling puts support for this at under 25% and it is not something being seriously considered politically.
    Last edited by badgerx16; 07-02-2020 at 03:10 PM.

I see that "project fear " mark 2 is happening. Experts are on the news predicting a storm this weekend with high winds and rain forecast.

Who these days believe experts? I have heard that Batman and co this weekend are planning on going sunbathing. Who needs "Project Fear" and experts?

Quote Originally Posted by Tamesaint View Post
    I see that "project fear " mark 2 is happening. Experts are on the news predicting a storm this weekend with high winds and rain forecast.
    Up here on the North West coast it will be considered 'a bit breezy'.

According to The Sunday People, people were discovered hidden in a lorry at Calais, having crossed from Britain trying to escape Brexit. They are to be sent back.

I wonder what happened to half of this lot?

Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    I wonder what happened to half of this lot?

A great way to start the week with a smile on my face.

A little island of red&white admidst a sea of blue

Quote Originally Posted by badgerx16 View Post
    The first of the post-Brexit pharmaceutical supply issues ?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-51378514

No. The US owned plant is having manufacturing issues within its plant in Belgium. It's been going on for months...

https://pcwhf.co.uk/news/sayana-press-uk-supply-issue/

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Bognor View Post
    No. The US owned plant is having manufacturing issues within its plant in Belgium. It's been going on for months...

https://pcwhf.co.uk/news/sayana-press-uk-supply-issue/
    Did you miss the rolleyes smiley ?

Did you miss the rolleyes smiley ?
    Yes LOL

Blog Entries

Prepare for Brexit trade costs and red tape, says Michael Gove

‘Big dose of realism’ to freight industry from minister, who admits no ‘smart’ border until 2025
    https://www.ft.com/content/37379a1e-...0-43d18ec715f5

Absolutely shameful that Michael Gove should be peddling project fear.

#getbrexitdone

https://blogs.spectator.co.uk/2020/0...of-brexit/amp/

Even though we have now left the EU, this Brexit thread rumbles on for some reason. So it seems pertinent to reflect on how it all came about that we managed to leave, despite the best efforts of the remoaner establishment to thwart it. I heartily echo the sentiments of this article, thanking all those remoaners for the part they played in bringing it all about, although naturally they are all kicking themselves now for the wrong decisions they made, the "friendly fire" against their own side. Whether the eventual outcome was just as the result of happy good fortune, or whether there had been an element of strategic war-gaming, who knows? However it all came about, the end result really couldn't have been any better than any of the other alternatives that might have occurred.

For me, the most credit goes to the incompetent vicar's daughter, who allied with the equally useless Ollie Robbins, allowed Barnier and the EU to dictate the terms of our proposed colonial vassalage, making the defeat of her Withdrawal Agreement in the House the biggest in Parliamentary history. With the benefit of hindsight, the remoaners should have bitten her hand off for that deal, allowing the prospect of rejoining once it was recognised how bad it would have been for us. Rejoining will not be looked at for a couple of decades now, when the EU in its current form will probably no longer exist.

Who do others give the prize to for the part they played in our successful exit from the EU?

Quote Originally Posted by Wes Tender View Post
    Who do others give the prize to for the part they played in our successful exit from the EU?
    David Cameron for being spineless, and Momentum for destroying any chance of an organised opposition.

Blog Entries

Brexit: Barnier rebuffs UK pitch for ‘permanent equivalence’ in financial services

EU’s chief Brexit negotiator says Brussels will not budge on question of City access
    https://www.ft.com/content/34ab4fb8-...0-43d18ec715f5

Permanent equivalence - I know the UK holds all the cards but really

Three consecutive quarters of contraction in manufacturing. Brexit is really motoring

25. Default

Dominic Grieve who ensured there was a meaningful vote and therefore May couldnít implement her turd bypassing Parliament. Whilst May agreed to this as a result of Gina Millerís court victory, Grievence proposed the bill that made it law. Thanks Dom.

Swinson & Krankie are the real Hereros though. A remainer parliament held Boris hostage and was, with the help of the dwarf Bercow, able to enact anything they wanted. They could control the order paper anytime the wanted, could write into law delay after delay. However, for some bizarre reason they gave the British people the key to Borisí cell and they set him free. Swinson lost her seat and her credibility, and krankie has ****ed up independence for 50 years. Good luck with selling a hard border with RUK, Schengen and The Euro to the Sweaties.

Medals, Trophy Lallana can also earn at Southampton- Andy Durman 16/05/14
    Blog Entries

Not looking great for the euro...

https://www.bloomberg.com/opinion/ar...-economic-woes

Quote Originally Posted by hypochondriac View Post
    Its a good job that the Euro is so weak. Have you visited France or Germany lately? With the pound at €1.18ish you find it doesn't go very far.

God help us if the Euro started to get strong.

28. Default Waking up and smelling the coffee...

In the EU, the reality of Brexit and it's effect on trade is finally going to bite. A great and concise article in this morning's DT, here.
    New figures show the EU27 earned a Ä125 billion goods surplus from the UK in 2019 Ė almost two-thirds of the blocís entire global surplus, with Britain set to account for over 40 per cent of the EUís sales with the rest of the world. This is seven times bigger than the EU surplus with Canada Ė so if Brussels can strike a trade deal with Ottawa not involving across-the-board rules alignment, open borders and fishing rights, it can do so with London. Britain must assert, as Johnsonís Chief Europe Advisor said last night, ďthe fundamentals of what it means to be an independent countryĒ. And if these trade talks do fail, and WTO rules are used, the EUís UK trade surplus translates into billions of pounds in annual net tariff payments from the EU to Britain.
    Finally, the boot is on the other foot...

29. Default

Obviously the Russians still have their counter sanctions in place after the EU imposed sanctions after the annexation of Crimea.

So there are a lot of European products that cannot head East.

They cant afford to be rigid with us in the slightest.

Obviously the Russians still have their counter sanctions in place after the EU imposed sanctions after the annexation of Crimea.

So there are a lot of European products that cannot head East.

They cant afford to be rigid with us in the slightest.
    I don't think the Russian embargo on Finnish milk is going to have much impact on the EU's Brexit negotiating strategy.

31. Default

I don't think the Russian embargo on Finnish milk is going to have much impact on the EU's Brexit negotiating strategy.
    No, but agriculture takes up 60% of Polands land area and 12% of its workforce.

They can't legally sell their products to Russia, so it heads to Germany, putting pressure on the French crop.

No, but agriculture takes up 60% of Polands land area and 12% of its workforce.

They can't legally sell their products to Russia, so it heads to Germany, putting pressure on the French crop.
    But how does that impact the post-Brexit trade deal ? Are you saying the EU will cave in because they need to dump the butter mountain on the UK ?

33. Default

But how does that impact the post-Brexit trade deal ? Are you saying the EU will cave in because they need to dump the butter mountain on the UK ?
    The EU has to sell to us.

They can't just sell internally, they can't sell to Russia due to embargo, and the can't sell to Turkey or North African states as they can grow fruit for even cheaper than the Europeans.

If they don't sell to us, there will be a LOT of EU job losses.

Quote Originally Posted by Guided Missile View Post
    In the EU, the reality of Brexit and it's effect on trade is finally going to bite. A great and concise article in this morning's DT, here.

Finally, the boot is on the other foot...
    Indeed.... just received this in an email from the Dept for International Trade...

UK Global Tariff consultation
    The UK left the European Union on 31 January 2020.

For the first time in almost fifty years the UK is free to set its tariff rates on imported goods. To inform the development of the new UK Global Tariff, the Government has launched a four-week public consultation and is seeking your views. The consultation began on 6 February 2020 and closes on 5 March 2020 at 23:59 GMT.

This consultation seeks:

• views on a potential series of amendments to the EUís Common External Tariff to create a bespoke UK tariff regime;
    • specific feedback on individual products or commodity codes of importance to you (including the corresponding tariff rate); and
    • information on your interactions with Most Favoured Nation tariffs and the importance of tariffs to sectors that are relevant to you.

The bespoke UK tariff regime will enter into force on 1 January 2021 and replace the EUís Common External Tariff.

To take part in the consultation and have your say on the new UK Global Tariff, visit GOV.UK.

Blog Entries

Only four weeks?

Obviously the government hasn’t seen the incredible expertise on these threads - embodied by Baldrick, Les and John; otherwise it would have done a proper public consultation. Or maybe not

Quote Originally Posted by shurlock View Post
    Only four weeks?

Obviously the government hasnít seen the incredible expertise on these threads - embodied by Baldrick, Les and John; otherwise it would have done a proper public consultation. Or maybe not
    Probably a better idea for you to read the thoughts and strategy of the UK's negotiator in the trade deal talks, rather than sniping at individuals on a football club forum to massage your overblown ego. Thank God we've got a proper leaver at the forefront, rather than than the grossly incompetent remoaners, May and Robbins.

https://blogs.spectator.co.uk/2020/0...eu-trade-deal/

Only four weeks?

Obviously the government hasn’t seen the incredible expertise on these threads - embodied by Baldrick, Les and John; otherwise it would have done a proper public consultation. Or maybe not
    Maybe they have, which is why they only need 4 weeks for the rest of the country

39. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Bognor View Post
    Maybe they have, which is why they only need 4 weeks for the rest of the country
    They're hardly likely to use the incredible expertise of the Benny Hill of economists, Gavyn Davies, are they? The man who thought the ERM ("Eternal Recession Mechanism") was a good idea.
    (Actually, it was a good idea...for George Soros).

Only four weeks?

Obviously the government hasnít seen the incredible expertise on these threads - embodied by Baldrick, Les and John; otherwise it would have done a proper public consultation. Or maybe not
    I can tell by your emoji that you are very angry.

The EU has to sell to us.

They can't just sell internally, they can't sell to Russia due to embargo, and the can't sell to Turkey or North African states as they can grow fruit for even cheaper than the Europeans.

If they don't sell to us, there will be a LOT of EU job losses.
    But in terms of the produce the Russians have embargoed,, what will the UK need, or be willing, to buy over and above what we already do, especially if it competes directly with our own production ?

Also celebrating the one year anniversary of the formation of TIGers, there is a huge vote of thanks from Guido for the significant part that they played in helping to get a proper Brexit across the line. I had almost forgotten that the vote to keep us within the CU had come within just three votes of succeeding. Thank God that there were enough remoaners like these whose preference was for having Brexit stopped altogether via either a revocation vote or a second "people's vote"

https://order-order.com/2020/02/18/t...aving-britain/

Blog Entries

Also celebrating the one year anniversary of the formation of TIGers, there is a huge vote of thanks from Guido for the significant part that they played in helping to get a proper Brexit across the line. I had almost forgotten that the vote to keep us within the CU had come within just three votes of succeeding. Thank God that there were enough remoaners like these whose preference was for having Brexit stopped altogether via either a revocation vote or a second "people's vote"

https://order-order.com/2020/02/18/t...aving-britain/
    Les are you a fan of eugenics?

Barnier says that the UK cannot have a 'Canada style' deal. Of course, due to the Russian dairy embargo, the EU is merely posturing.

Blog Entries

Barnier says that the UK cannot have a 'Canada style' deal. Of course, due to the Russian dairy embargo, the EU is merely posturing.
    I’m still waiting for frictionless trade, a similar trading relationship outside the EU as inside it, permanent equivalence and all those wonderful things we were promised. Canada just seems like a massive anticlimax.

Les are you a fan of eugenics?
    No, why would I be, Gavyn? You're far the more likely candidate. One only has to look at the sort of stuff you post, like this:-

To repeat, it is a basic empirical fact that younger voters are more likely to have voted remain; it is another undisputed empirical fact that more educated voters are more likely to have voted remain. And it is a further basic, undisputed, empirical fact that younger voters are more likely to have a degree (i.e. be more educated).
    Then add the catalogue of abuse you hurl at any Brexiteer who dares to argue against your hubristic opinions on an almost daily basis, and it isn't difficult to imagine you believing that eugenics would have been a good idea for many who voted to leave your beloved EU. You clearly despise them. You're halfway there already.

The response from our chief negotiator, David Frost:-

He reiterated Mr Johnson's desire for a Canada-type agreement and said if it could not be agreed, the UK would trade on the basic international terms it currently follows with Australia.
    Australian basic international terms it is then. Simples. Over to you Barnier. Happy with that?

The response from our chief negotiator, David Frost:-

Australian basic international terms it is then. Simples. Over to you Barnier. Happy with that?
    Thats why your posts are so risible. Until today you didn't even know the UK had different terms with Australia. You certainly have never read the documents. Yet you lap it up as 'good thing'. Huzzah Wes! Huzzah! You must have a nose ring, given how much you get led.

49. Default

What happened to Barrnierís legendary slides that remoaners took great pleasure quoting earlier in the process.

Illustrating points Barnier made to EU leaders to start negotiating a post-Brexit trading relationship with London, the chart showed a series of descending steps associated with different countries' levels of access to the EU single market.

At the top was EU membership, next membership of the European Economic Area (EEA). Switzerland followed that, etc etc , down to Canada. Or as the media weíre briefed, directly quoting Barnier ďa free trade pact like that with South Korea or Canada.Ē

Was Barnier lying then, or now?

No country in the world currently trades with it's major trading partner on WTO terms.