• Leave Before - Leave Now
    • Leave Before - Remain Now
    • Leave Before - Not Bothered Now
    • Remain Before - Remain Now
    • Remain Before - Leave Now
    • Remain Before - Not Bothered Now
    • Not Bothered Before - Leave Now
    • Not Bothered Before - Remain Now
    • I've never been bothered - Why am I on this Thread?
    • No second Ref - 2016 was Definitive and Binding

I was making it up.

It seems that you are also a liar and make things up like all those lying politicians that you keep banging on about.

If you carry on making things up this way you will be just like the Prime Minister.... although have you been sacked yet for lying from 2 jobs like he has ??

It seems that you are also a liar and make things up like all those lying politicians that you keep banging on about.

If you carry on making things up this way you will be just like the Prime Minister.... although have you been sacked yet for lying from 2 jobs like he has ??

You're surprised that Brett from Camden is lying? Who the **** would lie about who they are? ;)

Can you stop lying ffs

The lies going around on here would make BoJo puke

You strange boy. I wasn’t making it up.

I work part time for a guy who always used to vote Tory. Last election he voted LibDem. This time he says he will vote Labour. He is a remainer.

What a coincidence, me too (although I work full time). But my guy also said he would be voting SNP in the next but one GE (Summer 2020) and Sinn Fein in the next but two GE (Spring 2021).

No-one's saying that other politicians don't lie - and I don't know if you remember but the Lib Dems got massively punished at the next election. That won't happen to Boris because people aren't bothered about lies now - or certainly people who vote that way aren't. If Corbyn or Swinson lied the way Boris has, then voters would flock away from them a la 2015 as their voters have at least some morals. It's happened in the US with Trump and the right, and it's happening here too.

There is no accountability anymore.

Let's face it they are all liars when it suits them to be, which is most of the time.

Edited by stknowle

Can you stop lying ffs

The lies going around on here would make BoJo puke

Johnson would tell you that he had puked. It would be a huge chunder which threatened to drown all those around him.

He would tell me that it was just a small reflux which caused him no problems.

He would tell Laura kuensberg that he didnt puke but he was hoping to by 31st October.

He would assure the ERG that all puking would be banned by 31 st October.

.... and he would just s hit on the DUP because that is what he does.

Peter Oborne certainly thinks that Johnson and his team have taken the lies and fake news to new heights, aided and abetted by a venal and docile media.

https://www.channel4.com/news/peter-oborne-downing-street-putting-out-fake-news

I see Brett from Camden, Mr Whatabout, is still struggling to understand the meaning of a lie. If only his understanding of the English language was as strong as his culinary skills.

Peter Oborne certainly thinks that Johnson and his team have taken the lies and fake news to new heights, aided and abetted by a venal and docile media.

I see Brett from Camden, Mr Whatabout, is still struggling to understand the meaning of a lie. If only his understanding of the English language was as strong as his culinary skills.

I doesn't matter to Brett if Boris lies because other politicians do it so that makes it ok...in the same way it doesn't matter is some right-wing nutter does something unpleasant because he can find a left-wing nutter that did something unpleasant so it all cancels out in the great universal scheme of things.

More details of his allegations here;

https://www.opendemocracy.net/en/opendemocracyuk/british-journalists-have-become-part-of-johnsons-fake-news-machine/

Surely it makes sense to have an election once Brexit is sorted out so people are elected because of their policies and how capable they are, not on the back of one single decisive issue?

A GE now would be messy as ****.

It does make sense, but unfortunately good sense seems to have died a death under the current Government.

Errrmmm? [emoji15]

Violence against MPs 'worth it' to get way on Brexit, say voters

https://a.msn.com/r/2/AAJjnhW?m=en-gb&referrerID=InAppShare

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

They've been interviewing GM and Les again, who to be fair to them, have always consistently said that they support violence against people who try to stop the will of 17.4m of the 60 odd million (conservative estimate) people who live on these shores.

They've been interviewing GM and Les again, who to be fair to them, have always consistently said that they support violence against people who try to stop the will of 17.4m of the 60 odd million (conservative estimate) people who live on these shores.
TBF according to the poll plenty of Remainers also seemed to think violence against MPs was ok, not as many as leavers, but still pretty shocking.

It's amazing how toxic this whole thing has become.

Errrmmm? [emoji15]

Violence against MPs 'worth it' to get way on Brexit, say voters

https://a.msn.com/r/2/AAJjnhW?m=en-gb&referrerID=InAppShare

So we have learnt nothing from the Jo Cox murder. The right wing press take much of the blame. Their inflammatory headlines and anti EU bias have been nagging away for years. The headlines recently have been a disgrace. Johnson’s rhetoric about surrender and traitors doesn’t help. I have lost count of the times I hear “get Brexit done” everyday as if it will all end if he gets this deal signed off. Even members of the audience were quoting it on Question Time last night. We are in an unholy mess and a GE is not likely to make things any less messy.

TBF according to the poll plenty of Remainers also seemed to think violence against MPs was ok, not as many as leavers, but still pretty shocking.

It's amazing how toxic this whole thing has become.

Oh yeah, I did read that, but they're the only people on this thread that have admitted to it.

Considering what happened to Jo Cox it's pretty ****ing sick.

So harming politicians and now breaking up the UK both seen as worth it if people get their way...

A majority of people in Scotland and England believe Brexit is likely to lead to the break-up of the UK, new research across both countries has found.

Majorities on both sides of the Brexit divide are willing to see substantial change to the union to get their own way on Brexit. Among Leave voters, 74% in England, 74% in Wales

and 59% in Scotland believe the breakup of the UK would be worth it to secure Brexit. Similar proportions of Remain voters believe that undermining faith in the union

would be a price worth paying to stay in the EU

https://www.scotsman.com/news/politics/poll-majority-say-brexit-will-lead-to-break-up-of-the-union-1-5032411

So harming politicians and now breaking up the UK both seen as worth it if people get their way...

A majority of people in Scotland and England believe Brexit is likely to lead to the break-up of the UK, new research across both countries has found.

Majorities on both sides of the Brexit divide are willing to see substantial change to the union to get their own way on Brexit. Among Leave voters, 74% in England, 74% in Wales

and 59% in Scotland believe the breakup of the UK would be worth it to secure Brexit. Similar proportions of Remain voters believe that undermining faith in the union

would be a price worth paying to stay in the EU

https://www.scotsman.com/news/politics/poll-majority-say-brexit-will-lead-to-break-up-of-the-union-1-5032411

An ironic outcome to a process that was initiated in an attempt to keep the Conservative and Unionist Party together.

Boris spends years slagging off his boss for failing to get a deal sorted, he even votes against it.

He promises he can get a deal through Parliament.

It's so easy he has spare time to break the law and close down the debate.

He states he will never ask for an extension, he'd rather die in a ditch.

He fails on every single promise.

He then blames people who are not in power!

It's as if he thinks we are rather gullible.

:lol:

Enough are. :(

Unfortunately I think you’re right.

It doesn’t help when the opposition are so incredibly weak. It’s crazy that the Tories can make such a mess of the whole thing, waste three and a half years in-fighting, changing leaders, countless cabinet ins and out, May’s perpetual can kicking then wasting the extension with a protracted leadership contest and closing down Parliament - and still get their “just get it done” message across unopposed. I have yet to even hear one Labour MP point out that Boris himself twice helped block Brexit when May was trying to get it done.

Not sure you can lay ALL the blame with the Tories. May must take her fair share for sure having called a GE and then lost her majority.

Parliament on the other hand must take the lion's share of responsibility! Three and a half years of filibustering has managed to achieve sod all!

When was the filibuster?

Not sure you can lay ALL the blame with the Tories. May must take her fair share for sure having called a GE and then lost her majority.

Parliament on the other hand must take the lion's share of responsibility! Three and a half years of filibustering has managed to achieve sod all!

Well you learn something new everyday. I always knew filibusters as American military freebooters who operated in Latin America particularly William Walker. Never heard of the term in a parliamentary context before.

Well you learn something new everyday. I always knew filibusters as American military freebooters who operated in Latin America particularly William Walker. Never heard of the term in a parliamentary context before.

It's more of an American parliamentary thing, with various examples of senators reading out huge pieces of (irrelevant) text for hours to just run the clock down to stop a bill passing through.

Of course, the way Weston Super Saint has used it here is incorrect.

I think it would have helped if May had put a cross party committee together and had made an effort to involve Parliament in the negotiating process from day 1. It was always going to be a tough ask getting any sort of deal through but not only did she manage to fail to win over the opposition, she also alienated many in her own party.

And he's been proved right to talk to them. There should have been a peace, and there was. Now we're heading towards a united Ireland.
Good god how can you condone his actions. He had no position in power and went against our nation by cosying up to them. As one of his own Labour MPs said even after they tried to murder the government he was at their side. Lord Haw Haw also spoke to the opposite side and championed them I suppose he was right as well.

As Churchill said, “jaw jaw is better than war war.” As unpalatable as it is to talk to people like that it is the only way to get a peace agreement.
Corbyn played absolutely no role in the Irish peace process. He just spent cosy afternoons fan-girl swooning over his terrorist heroes.

Corbyn was not having "unpalatable" conversations, he was showing solidarity with like-minded souls.

Let's remember Corbyn is so gutless he walks out of a meeting because Chuka Umunna walks in. He has no track record at all of engaging with anyone he doesn't already agree with.

Corbyn played absolutely no role in the Irish peace process. He just spent cosy afternoons fan-girl swooning over his terrorist heroes.

Corbyn was not having "unpalatable" conversations, he was showing solidarity with like-minded souls.

Let's remember Corbyn is so gutless he walks out of a meeting because Chuka Umunna walks in. He has no track record at all of engaging with anyone he doesn't already agree with.

Just because he didn’t play a direct role in the peace process doesn’t mean he wasn’t trying to sort out a peaceful solution.

He is a pacifist, a life long anti war campaigner - if you think he was there to discuss bombing tactics you must be pretty thick.

Just because he didn’t play a direct role in the peace process doesn’t mean he wasn’t trying to sort out a peaceful solution.

He is a pacifist, a life long anti war campaigner - if you think he was there to discuss bombing tactics you must be pretty thick.

Yes, that's definitely what I'm saying. He was discussing bombing tactics. It's what he's famous for. Gelignite Jeremy that's what he's known as down the Shankhill Road.

Anyone involved in the Irish peace process saw Corbyn as, at best, irrelevant and at worst, completely counter-productive, with most observers leaning towards the latter. Check the history and stories of those involved.

Anyway there might be an election coming up in a few weeks. Be sure to try and clamber off your fat arse and try and register a vote this time, or are you still too sh it scared to make a decision?

He had no right, no power and was giving them some sort of credibility. He was not in any way acting on the governments behalf and may even have done some damage to our national integrity. He was at that time a minor back bencher and a career politician These people admitted to helping make car bombs. You are probably too young to feel the anger and distress these people put on our nation and innocent civilians and also our servicemen.

Yes, that's definitely what I'm saying. He was discussing bombing tactics. It's what he's famous for. Gelignite Jeremy that's what he's known as down the Shankhill Road.

Anyone involved in the Irish peace process saw Corbyn as, at best, irrelevant and at worst, completely counter-productive, with most observers leaning towards the latter. Check the history and stories of those involved.

Anyway there might be an election coming up in a few weeks. Be sure to try and clamber off your fat arse and try and register a vote this time, or are you still too sh it scared to make a decision?

Heard on 5Live yesterday that there is no recorded praise from Mo Mowlam for Jezzas efforts in the peace process.

There is confirmation of her utter disgust for him in 1996, when the IRA had abandoned a cease fire and Jezza invited Gerry Adams to Parliament to promote a book.

Heard on 5Live yesterday that there is no recorded praise from Mo Mowlam for Jezzas efforts in the peace process.

There is confirmation of her utter disgust for him in 1996, when the IRA had abandoned a cease fire and Jezza invited Gerry Adams to Parliament to promote a book.

Have you got a new job with the Daily Mail?

He had no right, no power and was giving them some sort of credibility. He was not in any way acting on the governments behalf and may even have done some damage to our national integrity. He was at that time a minor back bencher and a career politician These people admitted to helping make car bombs. You are probably too young to feel the anger and distress these people put on our nation and innocent civilians and also our servicemen.

As an MP he had every right and was one of many who played a role in the peace protest. To try and make him out as some kind of terrorist is the lazy characterisation of the right wing press. I worked in London during the height of the IRA bombings and I for one are very happy that some people made the effort to engage in a process that led to a cease fire. One of those people was Corbyn.

As an MP he had every right and was one of many who played a role in the peace protest. To try and make him out as some kind of terrorist is the lazy characterisation of the right wing press. I worked in London during the height of the IRA bombings and I for one are very happy that some people made the effort to engage in a process that led to a cease fire. One of those people was Corbyn.
He did not play a art in the peace process. He went on his own. He was a C list politician with no sway in the policies of HM Government. Do not try and cover him with glory as some kind of flux in the process ,it was a despicable to do something that goes against our nations interests. He was giving murderers some credibility by entertaining him. They used him, but he was of no real use to them, just the publicity he gave to their cause

Since when has peace been against the national interest. Everyone involved in the peace process deserves credit. I am not a Labour supporter but the vilification of Corbyn by the right wing media (as well as the vilification of the EU) has been appalling over the last few years. We now have a PM worthy of some heavy duty criticism and guess what, he is given an easy ride.

• Lighthouse changed the title to Brexit - Post Match Reaction