• Leave Before - Leave Now
    • Leave Before - Remain Now
    • Leave Before - Not Bothered Now
    • Remain Before - Remain Now
    • Remain Before - Leave Now
    • Remain Before - Not Bothered Now
    • Not Bothered Before - Leave Now
    • Not Bothered Before - Remain Now
    • I've never been bothered - Why am I on this Thread?
    • No second Ref - 2016 was Definitive and Binding

After watching this sh!t for over 3 years there’s only one conclusion. These so called politicians aren’t here to represent the British people, but only for personal gain. Corbyn will sell his wife if that means becoming pm, MP,s who represent constituencies that voted leave are trying to block Brexit and so on.

Get a new deal with the EU or leave without a deal on the 31st. Then we can move on and focus on national problems like knife crime and the NHS.

Rant over.

After watching this sh!t for over 3 years there’s only one conclusion. These so called politicians aren’t here to represent the British people, but only for personal gain. Corbyn will sell his wife if that means becoming pm, MP,s who represent constituencies that voted leave are trying to block Brexit and so on.

Get a new deal with the EU or leave without a deal on the 31st. Then we can move on and focus on national problems like knife crime and the NHS.

Rant over.

i voted remain but agree. Let’s just make the decision, it is the only way to start rebuilding.

It is mad going into negotiations when the opposition in the deal know that you are divided, you won’t get a good deal until you go to them with them not knowing if you will pull the trigger. It is interesting that since we have started saying we are going to leave have there been signs of cracks in the EU,s member states unity

Rant over.

To be fair, MPs are elected to do what they think is best for their constituents, if they think the deal is going to harm the country then they will see it as their duty to vote against it.

I was fairly pro Brexit around refurendum time but now it is clear that Europe are not going to give us any sort of decent deal, I think a second refurendum would have a very different result.

To be fair, MPs are elected to do what they think is best for their constituents, if they think the deal is going to harm the country then they will see it as their duty to vote against it.

I was fairly pro Brexit around refurendum time but now it is clear that Europe are not going to give us any sort of decent deal, I think a second refurendum would have a very different result.

The EU cannot give us any better deal. They have to protect and preserve the Single Market and cannot give any ‘third country’ anything better than they give to any other non-member. WTO Rules regarding MFN don’t allow for it.

Besides, isn’t that exactly what Leavers voted for?

The EU cannot give us any better deal. They have to protect and preserve the Single Market and cannot give any ‘third country’ anything better than they give to any other non-member. WTO Rules regarding MFN don’t allow for it.

Besides, isn’t that exactly what Leavers voted for?

No, leavers said that German car manufacturers would be banging on doors to get us a good deal. Turns out they are way more concerned with protecting the EU and their supply chains. Anyway the politics of the EU means that even if they did then the EU’s position wouldn’t budge.

i voted remain but agree. Let’s just make the decision, it is the only way to start rebuilding.

It is mad going into negotiations when the opposition in the deal know that you are divided, you won’t get a good deal until you go to them with them not knowing if you will pull the trigger. It is interesting that since we have started saying we are going to leave have there been signs of cracks in the EU,s member states unity

I think the biggest problem now is repairing society. This divide will live on. Personally, I will find it difficult to maintain and build relationships with Brexiteers going forward, and I know I'm not the only one.

I think the biggest problem now is repairing society. This divide will live on. Personally, I will find it difficult to maintain and build relationships with Brexiteers going forward, and I know I'm not the only one.

Quite a bigoted view.

Eternal damnation is not long enough in my view. Selfish and irresponsible in the extreme.

That’s nuts, politics shouldn’t get in the way of friendship. Just accept that people have different views on what is best for the country. I have some good friends who are Tories.

That’s nuts, politics shouldn’t get in the way of friendship. Just accept that people have different views on what is best for the country. I have some good friends who are Tories.

Politics shouldn’t get in the way of any friendships, a free vote is what democracy is built on.

And Jeff, what happens when you are proved wrong? Will you move on then? (Looking on the bright side of life)

And Jeff, what happens when you are proved wrong? Will you move on then? (Looking on the bright side of life)

What happens if you're proved wrong and you're kicked out of Portugal and they seize your house because Boris refused to pay the £39bn we owe? Not that they would, the EU are less neanderthal than us.

Personally I wish they would kick you out and make residency / home ownership only available to EU residents. I see no reason why you as a Brexit voter should get a better deal than my kids who will be denied the same rights

Edited by buctootim

Fortunately it's not that hard to avoid parish councillors, the very old and those from areas where people fly England flags.

Les is going to text SFCReport to 60060 on you.

Politics shouldn’t get in the way of any friendships, a free vote is what democracy is built on.

The issue for me is that people who won't live to see the real downside of this, have voted on something for my children's future (that they could not vote on), due to being either racist, conned by the Leave campaign, or both.

My children will be disadvantaged growing up, and to me the people who have caused them to be disadvantaged won't be part of my friendship group.

This isn't politics - this is a barometer that tells you if a person is, deep down, a good person or not.

In my opinion, of course.

This isn't politics - this is a barometer that tells you if a person is, deep down, a good person or not.

In my opinion, of course.

Fck me what a criteria. Seriously your projection on this issue should worry you.

What happens if you're proved wrong and you're kicked out of Portugal and they seize your house because Boris refused to pay the £39bn we owe? Not that they would, the EU are less neanderthal than us.

Personally I wish they would kick you out and make residency / home ownership only available to EU residents. I see no reason why you as a Brexit voter should get a better deal than my kids who will be denied the same rights

What are you so apoplectic about?

How do you know he / she doesn't already have residency?

If you want your kids to have the 'better' deal, you can quite freely move to Portugal right now and gain residency for you and them, not to mention you've had over two years to do this since the vote took place.....

The issue for me is that people who won't live to see the real downside of this, have voted on something for my children's future (that they could not vote on), due to being either racist, conned by the Leave campaign, or both.

My children will be disadvantaged growing up, and to me the people who have caused them to be disadvantaged won't be part of my friendship group.

I have very much voted for my children's future and that was forefront of my mind when i voted Leave.

That they will have a democratic choice about the people who create laws for this country.

If there is any financial hit. If rather take that now, so they can be better off in a free Britain.

Rather that than things like the EUs proposed digital services act which would curb freedoms even further under law makers we have no control over.

I have very much voted for my children's future and that was forefront of my mind when i voted Leave.

That they will have a democratic choice about the people who create laws for this country.

If there is any financial hit. If rather take that now, so they can be better off in a free Britain.

Rather that than things like the EUs proposed digital services act which would curb freedoms even further under law makers we have no control over.

:lol:

What are you so apoplectic about?

How do you know he / she doesn't already have residency?

If you want your kids to have the 'better' deal, you can quite freely move to Portugal right now and gain residency for you and them, not to mention you've had over two years to do this since the vote took place.....

Residency is not that straightforward.

Financially they will never be better off. Britain - make that England & Wales - will never be free. No country ever is.

Financially they will never be better off. Britain - make that England & Wales - will never be free. No country ever is.
Af least we would have democracy.

And not five presidents that are unelected by the people.

Af least we would have democracy.

And not five presidents that are unelected by the people.

Par for the course, your first statement is utterly meaningless.

Regards your second statement, what do you propose?

If you want to elect an 'EU President', then fine but it necessarily means giving more power to EU institutions and reducing national sovereignty ('Presidents' -or more accurately the President of the European Commission are nominated by the European Council made up of heads of states of democratically elected national governments). In one sense, the democratic deficit that dim brexiters like you bemoan simply reflects the assertion of national control which you obviously approve of.

As usual, there's a trade-off and you can't have it both ways - concepts that are totally alien to you.

Residency is not that straightforward.

Seems pretty straightforward to me.....

Applying for a Portuguese residence permit or certificate

Portuguese residence certificate: EU/EEA/Swiss citizens

If you are moving to Portugal with the intention to stay longer than three months, you will need to apply for a Portuguese residence permit or certificate.

Citizens of EU/EEA/Swiss countries don’t need a permit but will need to request a Registration Certificate (Certificado de Registo) from the city council hall in their area of residence; this is primarily for the population register. This is valid for five years, after which EU/EFTA nationals can request a permanent residence certificate (Certificado de Residencia Permanente) from the Portuguese immigration service (SEF). Read more in our guide to immigration policy for EU/EFTA nationals moving to Portugal.

https://www.expatica.com/pt/moving/visas/portugal-immigration-guide-portuguese-visas-and-residency-permits-105233/

Step 1 - go to town hall and get a Registration Certificate that lasts for 5 years.

Step 2 - after five years apply for permanent residence certificate.

Be quick though as this may not be the route to take after the 31st October ;)

https://www.expatica.com/pt/moving/visas/portugal-immigration-guide-portuguese-visas-and-residency-permits-105233/

Step 1 - go to town hall and get a Registration Certificate that lasts for 5 years.

Oh, the Portuguese like us, well our money anyway, they give retirees who set themselves up there 10 years tax free. They'll not turf too many people out.

I think we were talking about after we had left the EU.

Do you really think that’s important? What power does an EU president have..

Do you think that Johnson and May usurping power is democracy?

Er, yes because we get to choose a representative of the party that leads the country. The Leader of the party at any given time becomes PM

We don't get a choice who leads the EU.

Do you really think that’s important? What power does an EU president have..

Do you think that Johnson and May usurping power is democracy?

No rules have changed.

The leader of the party with the most representatives is the PM.

Neither have usurped power.

Just as when Major and Brown became Prime Minister.

****ing hell mate, seriously?

I had no issues with being in the EU until Cameron came back from 'negotiations' and they were not willing to address any concerns.

It's going over dead ground, but the EU did address most of Cameron's concerns, although not necessarily giving him all that he wanted in each case.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/eu-renegotiation-what-david-cameron-wanted-and-what-he-really-got-a6885761.html

Which is why all expats known to the embassies get info by text advising of the latest situation and what they need to be doing, even the dobuble nationals get them if they're registered with the embassy.

That’s ok for those already living abroad. What concerns me are the restrictions in the future. Trapped in an overcrowded, bigoted, poor country.

Er, yes because we get to choose a representative of the party that leads the country. The Leader of the party at any given time becomes PM

We don't get a choice who leads the EU.

What difference does it make who ‘leads’ the EU? The president is just a figurehead without any power.be honest, what has a President of the EU ever done that affects any aspect of your life?

That’s just complete nonsense, all that statement shows is that you lack the empathy to understand their point of view.

No, I understand it, I just don't agree with it as personally, I don't like racism or racists.

You may be able to tolerate it, but I cant, and I think it makes them bad people.

Again, all in my personal opinion. I understand that a lot of people in this country are completely fine with it, and that's up to them.

No, I understand it, I just don't agree with it as personally, I don't like racism or racists.

You may be able to tolerate it, but I cant, and I think it makes them bad people.

Again, all in my personal opinion. I understand that a lot of people in this country are completely fine with it, and that's up to them.

So my builder mate who voted leave because he is fed up with competing with cheap Polish labour is a bad person why?

Jeff you are a decent troll. I can imagine you writing this with a big smile on your face.

Not as much as your lack of any sympathy for dead children, my friend.

Like the way you cast yourself as moral arbiter.

You clearly think you are a good person whatever that may be in little self-righteous world? Votes remain and fakes sadness but even more excited by those that that you then judge those who don’t show the same level of empathy. Babies dying; not just babies but innocent babies but luckily you have limitless empathy and compassion not like all those bad people.

How you coping with the bomb in Afghanistan today?

• Lighthouse changed the title to Brexit - Post Match Reaction