• Leave Before - Leave Now
    • Leave Before - Remain Now
    • Leave Before - Not Bothered Now
    • Remain Before - Remain Now
    • Remain Before - Leave Now
    • Remain Before - Not Bothered Now
    • Not Bothered Before - Leave Now
    • Not Bothered Before - Remain Now
    • I've never been bothered - Why am I on this Thread?
    • No second Ref - 2016 was Definitive and Binding

What would you do if someone trolled you for years? I have him on ignore but it isn’t that easy to ignore someone who constantly targets your posts. And no, I don’t enjoy it. I have been waiting for the mods to do something about it and to be fair to Lighthouse he finally did. Hopefully that will be enough to stop him carrying on with his vendetta.

He's still going. Despite asking to keep it on topic he's still talking about me. Mods I feel harassed.

It's so cringy. It's like an episode of The Office, with the shaky camera and all the people stood around him looking awkward.

He basically comes across as the drunk uncle at a wedding who wasn't due to give a speech but insists on making one anyway.

Indeed, but you are very unlikely to read about his latest gaff in the right wing press. They are far to busy smearing Corbyn. Johnson should be nowhere near no 10 and nowhere near Brexit. All he is interested in is getting it done. How it gets done is a mere detail which he doesn’t seem bothered about.

Indeed, but you are very unlikely to read about his latest gaff in the right wing press. They are far to busy smearing Corbyn. Johnson should be nowhere near no 10 and nowhere near Brexit. All he is interested in is getting it done. How it gets done is a mere detail which he doesn’t seem bothered about.

Indeed, but all of them are cretins but what can we do?

That isn't a serious question at all. Over half of the electorate voting in the referendum wanted to leave the EU. Are you going to ask them all their reasons? Every one of them had their own personal reasons for that decision. Just have the decency to accept that whatever those reasons were, they were entitled to hold them and the likes of you should respect them, instead of questioning them three and a half years later. Next you'll be wanting to know everybody's reasons for their vote in the General Election.
It's a very serious and valid question.

Over half of the electorate did not vote for Brexit. Just over half of those who voted were in favour, on the basis of a pack of lies and with no thought whatsoever of how we could leave.

The Brexit sold during the reference doesn't exist. Since then, chaos has reigned not because parliament has "blocked" Brexit but because those who voted for it want a whole range of different things, and there is no majority for any of those things.

Heaven forbid that we now get a Tory majority (which would probably only be supported by about 35% of the electorate) with the ability to ram through Johnson's awful deal, which will in any case only lead to no deal in 12 months.

This isn't getting Brexit done (which really is the most idiotic phrase). It's destroying the economy and throwing us into years of negotiation and decline.

The only sensible way of getting Brexit done is to get it gone. If something is proved to be bad, just don't do it, rather than pretending that if you do it, all will be well afterwards.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Sterling’s slightly up - wait a bit and it should be time to start shorting again

Subsequently:

Hedge funds have slashed their bets on the pound in recent weeks in the wake of the prime minister’s deal.

In just two weeks, speculators have halved their net short position wagering that the pound would fall as they cut their exposure to a sudden surge in the currency. The net number of contracts betting on a fall has been cut from more than 70,000 to 32,000.

Boris continues to play a blinder:

The see-sawing UK economy will bounce back from its first contraction in seven years on Monday in a boost for Boris Johnson’s election hopes. Growth will swing back into positive territory when official estimates for the latest quarter are published after a year dominated by the twists and turns of the Brexit process. Experts predict output to rise 0.4pc between July and September as the UK shrugs off the hangover of a weak second quarter, when the economy declined 0.2pc.
Edited by Guided Missile

Boris continues to play a blinder:

The see-sawing UK economy will bounce back from its first contraction in seven years on Monday in a boost for Boris Johnson’s election hopes. Growth will swing back into positive territory when official estimates for the latest quarter are published after a year dominated by the twists and turns of the Brexit process. Experts predict output to rise 0.4pc between July and September as the UK shrugs off the hangover of a weak second quarter, when the economy declined 0.2pc.

"Official figures are set to confirm tomorrow that the economy avoided recession in the third quarter, but are unlikely to dispel doubts about its strength."

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/fears-linger-as-uk-economy-dodges-recession-7sklq3vrp

Nigel Farage has confirmed that the Brexit Party will not be standing in the seats won by the Conservatives in 2017, in a major boost to Boris Johnson's hopes of winning a majority. The Brexit Party leader has confirmed that his party will not contest the 317 seats won by Theresa May and will instead focus its efforts on defeating Labour and other Remainer parties.

To update:

1. Get rid of the traitors in the party - Done
  2. Replace sheep in wolves clothing with loyal Conservatives - Done
  3. Unify the party - Done
  4. Go to the EU with a freedom charter - Done
  5. Taunt a divided Marxist dominated Labour, joke of a party during the run up - Done
  6. Call an election - Done
  7. Message: The People vs Parliament - Done
  8. Arrange a deal with Nigel - Done
  9. Win a substantial majority - Obviously
  10. Watch Corbyn, Labour and the EU project sink without a trace - Cheerio, cheerio, cheerio...

Like I said, playing a blinder.

... just think where the pound would be if there was no Brexit. At least 20 US cents higher and we would all be paying 4 pence a litre for fuel
I dont think so , the oil companies put the prices up at the slightest drop inthe pound but slow to reduce them when it strengthens. I get what you say though.

To update:

Like I said, playing a blinder.

1. Still lying.

2. Still suppressing incriminating evidence on Russian interference.

3. Still squashing the Acuri affair

4. Still doesn't understand his own Brexit deal and continues to babble incoherently about it.

5. Making ludicrous claims about Labour's spending, the most blatant fake news imaginable.

6. Still refusing to cost his own spending plans.

7. Still a self-seeking racist, misogynist bully surrounded by plenty of the same in his Cabinet.

8. Still pretending, ridiculously, to be representing "the people" when he's in fact a divisive, privileged extremist only interested in himself and his rich friends.

9. Still trying to blame parliament gur the failure to get his Brexit deal through when, in fact, he pulled the bill after it passed second reading because he was terrified of how it would be torn apart if scrutinised properly.

10. Still making ficticious claims about future and past spending on police, education and the NHS.

11. Still trying to sell our NHS for profit.

12. Still mindlessly spouting sound-bites whilst being totally incapable of answering questions.

13. Still lying pretty well every time he opens his mouth. (I may have said that already, but he simply does it blatantly, all the time, and doesn't care - eg "there are no media here" said to camera)

Neither he nor his party are fit to govern. Anyone who thinks a Tory majority will be good for anyone except the super-rich needs a reality check.

GM still doesn't realise that the more Brexit moves away from the swivel-eyed vision pursued by zealots like the ERG and espoused by him, Les, LD and others, the better it is for the pound. As I've said (for the nth time), the Benn Act eliminated the prospect no deal, at least temporarily, and was an ideal opportunity for profit-taking (done). Why he puts up charts he doesn't understand or who he's railing against is beyond me.

More evidence that Project Fear was total cr@p as I said at the time:

With the 0.3pc expansion reported on Monday, Britain has now had 13 quarters of economic growth since the Brexit referendum. The evidence is irrefutable: the UK economy has grown faster than Germany, France and the eurozone as a whole for most of the last two years.

I bet this will upset the traitors who wish the worst for the UK...

I'm sure that there can't be anything in the rumour that Farage withdrew nearly 300 candidates just after being offered a peerage.

Please let it be true. The triple whammy of losing the election, seeing us leave the EU & our Nige getting a well deserved honour will send many snowflakes over the edge.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

But you seem to be forgetting we haven't left yet.

Are you really as dumb as the words you post?

I was referring to this Treasury document, numbnuts....

In brief:

The analysis in this document comes to a clear central conclusion: a vote to leave would represent an immediate and profound shock to our economy. That shock would push our economy into a recession and lead to an increase in unemployment of around 500,000, GDP would be 3.6% smaller, average real wages would be lower, inflation higher, sterling weaker, house prices would be hit and public borrowing would rise compared with a vote to remain. These findings sit within the range of what is now an overwhelming weight of published estimates for this short-term impact, which all find that UK GDP would be lower following a vote to leave.

The analysis also presents a downside scenario, finding that the shock could be much more profound, meaning the effect on the economy would be worse still. The rise in

uncertainty could be amplified, the volatility in financial markets more tumultuous, and the extent of the impact to living standards more acute. In this severe scenario, GDP would be 6% smaller, there would be a deeper recession, and the number of people made unemployed would rise by around 800,000 compared with a vote to remain. The hit to wages, inflation, house prices and borrowing would be larger. There is a credible risk that this more acute scenario could materialise.

Or, as Whitey Grandad posted:

Are you serious? This is far worse than 2008. The fall in the world's stockmarkets on Friday was $2,000,000,000,000 . As i just said to Wes, you have no idea of the damage that you have caused.

Got to laugh at all the ****ers who followed Farage only to be let down again. I can't believe the demagogue has pulled off the same trick twice first with UKIP and now with the Brexit party. Still at least he makes a small fortune out of pandering to the insecurities and prejudices of the more mentally challenged voters with appearance money, media work and an MEPs wage. :lol:

Are you really as dumb as the words you post?

I was referring to this Treasury document, numbnuts....

In brief:

Or, as Whitey Grandad posted:

Typical head in the sand Brexiteer. Unable to debate so resorts to insults.

File your Treasury documents with the rest of Johnson's fake news and lies.

Estimated Farage made £350k charging non-refundable £100 to each potential candidates - 3500 of the mugs and he’s just halved their chances.

I can’t understand how he attracts anyone with such an ugly deformed freakish face. Reminds me of Savile

Estimated Farage made £350k charging non-refundable £100 to each potential candidates - 3500 of the mugs and he’s just halved their chances.

I can’t understand how he attracts anyone with such an ugly deformed freakish face. Reminds me of Savile

He charged £2.50 for people to go and watch him surrender today.

Pinkos in panic mode.

There’s not too many Brexit supporters against this move, so just love the lefties trying to make out we’ve somehow been betrayed. The Donald pleaded with Boris and Nigel to get their act together, they’ve now done it.

What a day..... Game changer.

Pinkos in panic mode.

There’s not too many Brexit supporters against this move, so just love the lefties trying to make out we’ve somehow been betrayed. The Donald pleaded with Boris and Nigel to get their act together, they’ve now done it.

Same swamp. Different day.

Pinkos in panic mode.

On paper perhaps but they may not work as it could well work in reverse. I recall all the crowing when many fools joined the Labour party to vote JC in as they would never get into power again , shows how they misread that situation.

I am centre right but I must say the posters who are further right to myself dont do the cause any good with the crowing and obvious arrogance. I agree the left are not above that and are very patronising but civility would be better way to put your argument across. All IMHO of course

On paper perhaps but they may not work as it could well work in reverse. I recall all the crowing when many fools joined the Labour party to vote JC in as they would never get into power again , shows how they misread that situation.

I am centre right but I must say the posters who are further right to myself dont do the cause any good with the crowing and obvious arrogance. I agree the left are not above that and are very patronising but civility would be better way to put your argument across. All IMHO of course

How has voting in JC to sabotage the Labour Party not worked out well? They haven't got anywhere near power so far.

• Lighthouse changed the title to Brexit - Post Match Reaction