• Leave Before - Leave Now
    • Leave Before - Remain Now
    • Leave Before - Not Bothered Now
    • Remain Before - Remain Now
    • Remain Before - Leave Now
    • Remain Before - Not Bothered Now
    • Not Bothered Before - Leave Now
    • Not Bothered Before - Remain Now
    • I've never been bothered - Why am I on this Thread?
    • No second Ref - 2016 was Definitive and Binding

Funnily enough my missus just asked why I was smiling and it was cos I was just replying.
The thought of going to meet my mates at the pub with all their different political opinions and points of view and then one of us storming off in a huff because half the group voted leave makes me smile. They'd get an absolute ribbing for anything like that.

The thought of going to meet my mates at the pub with all their different political opinions and points of view and then one of us storming off in a huff because half the group voted leave makes me smile. They'd get an absolute ribbing for anything like that.

Think Jeff hangs round supermarkets cooing over babies mostly

It's going over dead ground, but the EU did address most of Cameron's concerns, although not necessarily giving him all that he wanted in each case.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/eu-renegotiation-what-david-cameron-wanted-and-what-he-really-got-a6885761.html

I counter your left of centre spin with some right of centre spin.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/05/19/eu-deal-what-david-cameron-asked-for-and-what-he-actually-got/

Obviously the sweet spot is between the two, but his negotiation was so poor it wasnt mentioned in the European election campaign.

Like the way you cast yourself as moral arbiter.

You clearly think you are a good person whatever that may be in little self-righteous world? Votes remain and fakes sadness but even more excited by those that that you then judge those who don’t show the same level of empathy. Babies dying; not just babies but innocent babies but luckily you have limitless empathy and compassion not like all those bad people.

How you coping with the bomb in Afghanistan today?

It's very sad. It's strange you haven't started a thread about it, like last time you got caught out and felt you had to show your softer side. :lol: :lol:

Edited by Unbelievable Jeff

To be fair, I only know 4 people who voted leave (or 4 people who I know for sure have voted that way). 2 people are family, and I see them very rarely, but they live in Bradford and were concerned about the strain the "pa**s" were putting on the NHS. The other are two are some of the missus friends from school, who take their kids to cricket on a Friday night, but won't buy second hand cricket equipment from Ebay as they don't want their kid to be wearing some "****ing w**s" helmet.

The only other leavers outside of JOB's radio show and TV I have 100% certainty that voted leave are on here, and as we've seen over and over from people like Wes etc, they are clearly racists. Perhaps not all leave voters are racists, but the arguments on here are so poor that it must be the only reason.

To be fair, I only know 4 people who voted leave (or 4 people who I know for sure have voted that way). 2 people are family, and I see them very rarely, but they live in Bradford and were concerned about the strain the "pa**s" were putting on the NHS. The other are two are some of the missus friends from school, who take their kids to cricket on a Friday night, but won't buy second hand cricket equipment from Ebay as they don't want their kid to be wearing some "****ing w**s" helmet.

The only other leavers outside of JOB's radio show and TV I have 100% certainty that voted leave are on here, and as we've seen over and over from people like Wes etc, they are clearly racists. Perhaps not all leave voters are racists, but the arguments on here are so poor that it must be the only reason.

Tbf if I lived in the equivalent of a 70s sitcom then I'd probably share your views.

Jeff’s imaginary life where he has friends. I’m sure to the people you know you are quite the figure of mocking.

Do tell?

Even funnier. This place is very important to you eh John? Desperate for info to help you with your oh so funny barbs, As I said before truly the saddest cnt on here.

Jeff likes to surmise about people’s backgrounds and is truly very good at it as you could imagine with all that empathy.

Jeff’s imaginary life where he has friends. I’m sure to the people you know you are quite the figure of mocking.

Who's projecting now?

Look, we all know you've been following me around since you were made to look like a horrible bastard on that thread.

What I find strange is that with your raison d'etre on this forum is that you don't recognise what's being said.

Clearly you're not as intelligent as you think you are.

So the sum total of ALL the Brexit voters you know is FOUR! TWO of which are from your own racist family, the other two are racist friends of your wife!

Based on those FOUR people that you know - and a few randoms on the innernetz who may or may not be telling the whole truth - you have concluded that the other 17.4 MILLION people who voted for Brexit are beyond any doubt utter racists and are therefore 'bad people'!

If you have such a hatred of racists, why is your wife friends with at least two?

So the sum total of ALL the Brexit voters you know is FOUR! TWO of which are from your own racist family, the other two are racist friends of your wife!

Based on those FOUR people that you know - and a few randoms on the innernetz who may or may not be telling the whole truth - you have concluded that the other 17.4 MILLION people who voted for Brexit are beyond any doubt utter racists and are therefore 'bad people'!

If you have such a hatred of racists, why is your wife friends with at least two?

Because I am not my wife, and TBF until 3 weeks ago we didn't realise they were that way inclined. I doubt we'll see much of them now though.

I've got one though, and it's a challenge I've come up with on here a number of times and no-one has passed it yet.

Give me up with a good reason for Brexit.

If you can't, I'll pop you in the racist/xenophobic camp? That's fair enough isn't it? It's a pretty simple one to come up with a good reason, so I'm sure you'll be able to do it pretty easily.

I'll be waiting with baited breath.

Because I am not my wife, and TBF until 3 weeks ago we didn't realise they were that way inclined. I doubt we'll see much of them now though.

I've got one though, and it's a challenge I've come up with on here a number of times and no-one has passed it yet.

If you can't, I'll pop you in the racist/xenophobic camp? That's fair enough isn't it? It's a pretty simple one to come up with a good reason, so I'm sure you'll be able to do it pretty easily.

You are either a bit thick or on a wind-up, wether you agree with them or not the reasons the country voted for Brexit are quite clear. The effects of mass uncontrolled immigration are obviously a major factor, certainly amongst the leavers I know.

You must have a very dim view of the British public if you think the 17million are all racists.

You are either a bit thick or on a wind-up, wether you agree with them or not the reasons the country voted for Brexit are quite clear. The effects of mass uncontrolled immigration are obviously a major factor, certainly amongst the leavers I know.

You must have a very dim view of the British public if you think the 17million are all racists.

Oh yeah, I have a very dim view of the British public - as I've said a number of times on here I am ashamed to be a British citizen a lot of the time now.

Take the control out of it, because we do have control, we just choose not to use it.

So the issue is mass immigration - does that not strike you as, you know, a bit racist? Remember how much they all loved that Farage "breaking point" poster?

Oh yeah, I have a very dim view of the British public - as I've said a number of times on here I am ashamed to be a British citizen a lot of the time now.

Take the control out of it, because we do have control, we just choose not to use it.

So the issue is mass immigration - does that not strike you as, you know, a bit racist? Remember how much they all loved that Farage "breaking point" poster?

The vast majority of EU migration is the same race as us, not sure what racism has got to do with it. Skin colour is irrelevant when you are talking about the effects such as pressure on public services and wage depression etc.

Having said that I expect a large amount of old people voted leave purely because they hate Germany, that’s still not racist though.

The vast majority of EU migration is the same race as us, not sure what racism has got to do with it. Skin colour is irrelevant when you are talking about the effects such as pressure on public services and wage depression etc.

Having said that I expect a large amount of old people voted leave purely because they hate Germany, that’s still not racist though.

Given you've been asked to provide evidence for these effects countless times before and each and every time have failed to do so; I guess you're not going to bother now.

There really is no point giving you a reason why people voted for Brexit as you've already tagged 17.4 million people as racists! Numerous times you've been given reasons why people voted and you have dismissed them all as racist!

Feel free to put me in whatever box you feel fits, however, not that it will make a blind bit of difference to you, my Mrs (of 19 years) is from a town called Radom so European immigration has never been an issue for me.

I read a good article about your affliction today. A lot of it was relevant but this bit in particular is apt:

"Leaving the EU is a big political, legal, economic, constitutional, geopolitical, financial, trade and commercial decision. It is the type of decision traditionally taken by political, legal and business elites – the people who sit in the first-class compartment on the train of our national life.

In June 2016, the train was de-classified and millions of ‘gammon’ plebs invaded the quiet, middle-class comfort of the elites. They have still not recovered from it. It has driven them half mad with fury. They are overwhelmed by spite and malice. Their response has been brutal and swift, and we haven’t seen the last of it yet."

Who's projecting now?

Look, we all know you've been following me around since you were made to look like a horrible bastard on that thread.

What I find strange is that with your raison d'etre on this forum is that you don't recognise what's being said.

Clearly you're not as intelligent as you think you are.

So cute you think I follow you. Remember your DM inviting me for a pint? Little creepy.

Hell hath no fury.....

My thoughts on you - pretentious, deranged phoney. Oh and not too bright.

Maybe Johnny will go for a pint with you? He hasn’t got much going on and needs a break from studying Saintsweb

Funny, I get that vibe on this thread too. Feel sorry for his kids.

Ahh you never going to have any children john? Oh well you’ll always have your Saintsweb grudges.

Btw whilst looking back at PMs you’d sent me one back in 2013 - what was that about? Are you like Jeff sensitive and jealous and upset as I didn’t reply?

Ahh you never going to have any children john? Oh well you’ll always have your Saintsweb grudges.

Btw whilst looking back at PMs you’d sent me one back in 2013 - what was that about? Are you like Jeff sensitive and jealous and upset as I didn’t reply?

Lololol

You still haven't realised that johnnyboy and me are two different posters? :mcinnes: :lol:

These conversations definitely happened :mcinnes:

There really is no point giving you a reason why people voted for Brexit as you've already tagged 17.4 million people as racists! Numerous times you've been given reasons why people voted and you have dismissed them all as racist!

Feel free to put me in whatever box you feel fits, however, not that it will make a blind bit of difference to you, my Mrs (of 19 years) is from a town called Radom so European immigration has never been an issue for me.

Not true, thick or racist.

And no, I didn't think you could.

So cute you think I follow you. Remember your DM inviting me for a pint? Little creepy.

Hell hath no fury.....

My thoughts on you - pretentious, deranged phoney. Oh and not too bright.

Maybe Johnny will go for a pint with you? He hasn’t got much going on and needs a break from studying Saintsweb

I can't find anything like that in my messages - however I did find this PM from where I called you out on this before:

Feb 2015 - Title: What's your beef internet warrior

Sorry was a bit OTT on reflection. Think I got miffed by your reply to someone who seemed like he was being reasonable.

It is far easier to mock/abuse than be serious of course.

April 2015 - Title: ????

Told you before I don't have a beef with you. That is the truth.

I can't resist responding though. Genuinely aren't out to get you.

You said before that no one likes me and I'm a nasty piece of work. I don't see this place where anyone may like me. I have run ins with plenty.

You post not understanding disposable income made me bite. I will try and resist though. Or at least be a little bit politer;-)

So as you can see, you've been following me around for years and now I don't know what to believe. It seems you're a nasty bully that follows people around until someone calls you out on it, and then you become an apologetic pussy?

So which is it, forum enforcer?

I read a good article about your affliction today. A lot of it was relevant but this bit in particular is apt:

"Leaving the EU is a big political, legal, economic, constitutional, geopolitical, financial, trade and commercial decision. It is the type of decision traditionally taken by political, legal and business elites – the people who sit in the first-class compartment on the train of our national life.

In June 2016, the train was de-classified and millions of ‘gammon’ plebs invaded the quiet, middle-class comfort of the elites. They have still not recovered from it. It has driven them half mad with fury. They are overwhelmed by spite and malice. Their response has been brutal and swift, and we haven’t seen the last of it yet."

That's the UKIP/Brexit Party/Post-May Tory view - the more sanguine perspective is that those 'elites' pay most of the tax that funds public services that Leave voting areas depend on, and in fact the 'Gammons' are largely over 65, have their pensions locked up and don't use so many public services. There was a clear split on education in the referendum, I'm not so sure of Labour's view of class as a factor and income is much less clear. It's far more the Baby Boomers pulling the drawbridge up again - as they did in the 70s as strikers, in the 80s as right to buy and made really good money under Blair. All of which is fine but now they are stopping their children and especially grandchildren from doing the same. The real anger is going to be in leave-voting areas when austerity extends even further, which after the banking crisis which is where the anger at percieved elites come from, and which Cameron used as excuse to slash public services to bail out the banks. It will be a lot less pleasant than Remain protestors on marches with placards in places like Barnsley and Sunderland, which suffered badly in the 1980s. Being hammered twice could make Orgreave look like a tea party.

That's the UKIP/Brexit Party/Post-May Tory view - the more sanguine perspective is that those 'elites' pay most of the tax that funds public services that Leave voting areas depend on, and in fact the 'Gammons' are largely over 65, have their pensions locked up and don't use so many public services. There was a clear split on education in the referendum, I'm not so sure of Labour's view of class as a factor and income is much less clear. It's far more the Baby Boomers pulling the drawbridge up again - as they did in the 70s as strikers, in the 80s as right to buy and made really good money under Blair. All of which is fine but now they are stopping their children and especially grandchildren from doing the same. The real anger is going to be in leave-voting areas when austerity extends even further, which after the banking crisis which is where the anger at percieved elites come from, and which Cameron used as excuse to slash public services to bail out the banks. It will be a lot less pleasant than Remain protestors on marches with placards in places like Barnsley and Sunderland, which suffered badly in the 1980s. Being hammered twice could make Orgreave look like a tea party.

You have no idea how it will turn out

To offer an opinion as fact (like you have) is quite funny

I can't find anything like that in my messages - however I did find this PM from where I called you out on this before:

Feb 2015 - Title: What's your beef internet warrior

April 2015 - Title: ????

So as you can see, you've been following me around for years and now I don't know what to believe. It seems you're a nasty bully that follows people around until someone calls you out on it, and then you become an apologetic pussy?

So which is it, forum enforcer?

PM means Private Message I thought, therefore I assume that means you are not expected to share them!! Obviously if they are of a threatening or grooming nature then fair game but somebody handing the hand of peace is a bit of a shame that it used to beat someone with.

Just because you have no idea about what will happen doesn’t mean that the rest of us don’t.

It is going to be economically disastrous. You can’t cut yourself off from your biggest trading partner and expect things to stay the same. We’re not just closing doors, we’re slamming them shut.

Neither do you, but we can only go on what Boris's pledges were during the leadership election. One of them was to give people earning over £50k p.a. a tax cut, which the IFS estimated would cost over £10bn. Where do think the money is coming from?

Nice as that would be for me, I'm pretty sure that the constituencies I cited wouldn't be voting for that were it on offer in 2016. Look at the research post-referendum from those areas, it's clear they felt disenfranchised by London, by the financial crises and austerity. There was also the aspect of feeling the EU were giving them charity - but that's because successive UK governments have not invested in the regions. Cornwall asked for continuation of ERDF-type grants the day after the result despite being over 60% leave. The Shared Prosperity Fund isn't going to anywhere near cut it. The NHS extra funding Hancock announced was exposed as anything but.

This is the issue Boris has - you can make lots of promises and vague platitudes - but now he has to deliver on them with no majority to work with and a very dangerous Irish issue. He can go for a GE, but many of the leave-voting areas won't vote for a Brexit Party/Tory MP. They may feel strongly on national identity, but they still have to put bread on the table.

My original response to Hypo was that class or income were not key determinents in 2016 and that's true, it was age, educational level and geography. The idea of the Dulwich College, elite banker (Farage) and the Bullingdon Club PM somehow breaking up a middle class clique is nonsense. They are the elite, not people living in a four bed detached, along with Murdoch, Barclay Brothers, and they are pulling a lot of people's strings. The 'Gammons' (the over 65 are by far the biggest leave-voting group) mentioned are people who secured their financial future a long time ago and have been pulling the drawbridge for many years. Not some oppressed majority invading the BBC.

It is going to be economically disastrous. You can’t cut yourself off from your biggest trading partner and expect things to stay the same. We’re not just closing doors, we’re slamming them shut.

Just think what the effect of 0% import tariffs will be, especially when the EU imposes tariffs on trade going the other way.

PM means Private Message I thought, therefore I assume that means you are not expected to share them!! Obviously if they are of a threatening or grooming nature then fair game but somebody handing the hand of peace is a bit of a shame that it used to beat someone with.

He was the one who started mentioning PMs where I apparently asked him out for a drink, so surely it's fair game? I wouldn't have gone there if he didn't. I wouldn't have said it was the hand of peace as such, it just shows he has a very different personality to his online hardman persona (thank God, as he's pretty detestable on here).

TBH though, it's more an indication of how long this following of me around, trying to trip me up, has been going on.

Neither do you, but we can only go on what Boris's pledges were during the leadership election. One of them was to give people earning over £50k p.a. a tax cut, which the IFS estimated would cost over £10bn. Where do think the money is coming from?

Nice as that would be for me, I'm pretty sure that the constituencies I cited wouldn't be voting for that were it on offer in 2016. Look at the research post-referendum from those areas, it's clear they felt disenfranchised by London, by the financial crises and austerity. There was also the aspect of feeling the EU were giving them charity - but that's because successive UK governments have not invested in the regions. Cornwall asked for continuation of ERDF-type grants the day after the result despite being over 60% leave. The Shared Prosperity Fund isn't going to anywhere near cut it. The NHS extra funding Hancock announced was exposed as anything but.

This is the issue Boris has - you can make lots of promises and vague platitudes - but now he has to deliver on them with no majority to work with and a very dangerous Irish issue. He can go for a GE, but many of the leave-voting areas won't vote for a Brexit Party/Tory MP. They may feel strongly on national identity, but they still have to put bread on the table.

My original response to Hypo was that class or income were not key determinents in 2016 and that's true, it was age, educational level and geography. The idea of the Dulwich College, elite banker (Farage) and the Bullingdon Club PM somehow breaking up a middle class clique is nonsense. They are the elite, not people living in a four bed detached, along with Murdoch, Barclay Brothers, and they are pulling a lot of people's strings. The 'Gammons' (the over 65 are by far the biggest leave-voting group) mentioned are people who secured their financial future a long time ago and have been pulling the drawbridge for many years. Not some oppressed majority invading the BBC.

I don’t know. But I am not telling the world we are going to live in the street and harping on about the 80s

I don’t know. But I am not telling the world we are going to live in the street and harping on about the 80s

Where have I said people are going to live in the street? People who voted leave in significant parts of England and Wales are going to feel let down if the tax cuts go ahead and more of the post-Brexit wealth (although with tax revenues initially down) gets centralised in and around London and the few public services those areas have decline but tbh that's Boris's problem not mine.

As for the references to 1980s and 1970s, it's probably because a) a lot of Leave-voting areas were hit hard by de-industrialisation and all the evidence suggests that they are looking for something very different to what the right wing of the party are salivating over economically and socially. Also, having lived through the 1980s, the UK in the last few years and especially since 2016 feels like it has regressed back there. The political discourse is appalling - UK (Brexit/Tory Party/Momentum), US, that lunatic in Brazil (even worse than Trump) and some of the stuff out of Brussels hasn't been very clever either.

Certainly, knuckle draggers sending footballers racist abuse every week/match seems to have come back from the 1980s as well (but via Social Media rather than the Royal Mail). Brexit can't be directly blamed for that (I disagree politely with Jeff about this) but it adds to a sense of society out of control.

I don't happen to like it one bit, but some will no doubt (not saying you).

Just think what the effect of 0% import tariffs will be, especially when the EU imposes tariffs on trade going the other way.

Yes - insignificant. Exchange rate variations have a much bigger effect. Then there are the handling charges for handling the goods.

It’s no good having 0% import tariffs if you’re paying more than 20% extra for your imports. Soon to be 30% and more.

• Lighthouse changed the title to Brexit - Post Match Reaction