Page 224 of 230 FirstFirst ... 124174214222223224225226 ... LastLast
Results 11,151 to 11,200 of 11470

Thread: Post EU - The Way Forward

WHAT?! The "land of the free?" Whoever told you that is your enemy!

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyboy View Post
    General Election please.
    What's the point? There isn't any party worth voting for... c u n t s the lot of them...
    Last edited by doddisalegend; 13-03-2019 at 06:16 AM.

So...we don't have time for a second referendum, the deal won't be brought back to the table, tomorrow's vote will mean that no deal can't happen, so from my eyes the only thing that can happen is a revocation of Article 50.

Chance of No Deal will be wiped out tomorrow, thank god. Article 50 extended and then who knows. Likely May will be gone though.

Quote Originally Posted by LGTL View Post
    Chance of No Deal will be wiped out tomorrow, thank god. Article 50 extended and then who knows. Likely May will be gone though.
    Yes, but for how long, and to what end..?

But how far can A50 be extended before we run into having to possibly have European Elections at the end of May ? ( "end of May", we can but hope ).
    Last edited by badgerx16; 12-03-2019 at 08:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lighthouse View Post
    What next then?

I reckon they will vote no on no deal, then yes for an extension, which will eventually be granted with a few conditions, followed by a GE.
    I reckon it'll be no to no deal and no to the extension. Her comment tonight that the government will implement any vote against a no deal was interesting and all but suggests revoking the existing law - I'm not sure what else she could have meant.

No deal, and no to no deal, and no extension, all points to a 2nd referendum imo.

Complete farce.

Quote Originally Posted by Unbelievable Jeff View Post
    Yes, but for how long, and to what end..?
    There is probably a majority for Norway + but it would take time to negotiate. If for any reason an extension wasn't possible and it came down to were a choice between No deal or remain Parliament would vote remain imo

Quote Originally Posted by badgerx16 View Post
    But how far can A50 be extended before we run into having to possibly have European Elections at the end of May ? ( "end of May", we can but hope ).
    Perhaps that will be a condition of an extension. When they ask to what end she wants an extension, May will have to either resign or call a GE so that there is at least the prospect of someone else's deal being put on the table. Not saying that anyone else will do a better job but it's just a stalemate otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Lighthouse View Post
    Perhaps that will be a condition of an extension. When they ask to what end she wants an extension, May will have to either resign or call a GE so that there is at least the prospect of someone else's deal being put on the table. Not saying that anyone else will do a better job but it's just a stalemate otherwise.
    "Someone else's deal". The EU have said that this is the only deal.

Duplicate post

Quote Originally Posted by egg View Post
    I reckon it'll be no to no deal and no to the extension. Her comment tonight that the government will implement any vote against a no deal was interesting and all but suggests revoking the existing law - I'm not sure what else she could have meant.

No deal, and no to no deal, and no extension, all points to a 2nd referendum imo.

Complete farce.
    Won't get a second referendum as won't be able to extend article 50 that long.

We would have to revoke article 50 first.

"Someone else's deal". The EU have said that this is the only deal.
    This is the only deal because its the only deal May has been interested in. The EU would agree to many others, including a customs union.

Won't get a second referendum as won't be able to extend article 50 that long.

We would have to revoke article 50 first.
    Perhaps. With no deal, and no deal ruled out, and no extension, it can only be revocation or referendum. I think.

Is there an option for the EU to extend article 50 and impose it on us?

Quote Originally Posted by buctootim View Post
    This is the only deal because its the only deal May has been interested in. The EU would agree to many others, including a customs union.
    That may have been the case, but where we are now, the EU are clear that it's this deal or no deal or revoke. We ain't in charge.

That may have been the case, but where we are now, the EU are clear that it's this deal or no deal or revoke. We ain't in charge.
    I think they'd grant an extension for a proposal which has parliamentary support and a referendum at the end of it.

Is there an option for the EU to extend article 50 and impose it on us?
    Article 50 can only be extended with the EUs permission so they can make us have a second refurendum if they want.

The MPs all know this.

17. Default

May's deal will make a comeback and the ERG will fall in line and swallow that fu cker whole. David Davis has sucked it right up already.

No deal will be rejected tomorrow so the deal will be the least worst option left for the Brexiteers. They'll vote for it and claim it as a victory.

I think they'd grant an extension for a proposal which has parliamentary support and a referendum at the end of it.
    Perhaps, but I don't think we're heading that way. It's feeling like a very contrived move towards remain.

Not sure if it crosses the elections...

Quote Originally Posted by aintforever View Post
    Article 50 can only be extended with the EUs permission so they can make us have a second refurendum if they want.

The MPs all know this.
    Forgive me. I appreciate we can seek an extension, and need all 27 to agree. The (badly worded) question was whether the EU can trigger an extension, without us seeking it, and impose it upon us. I genuinely don't know the answer.

Quote Originally Posted by CB Fry View Post
    Endgame starts now. May has got her piece of paper with her "legal assurances" and everything.

So the ladder for the hard Brexiteers to climb down is now there, this is as good as it gets.

Make no mistake, they'll climb down, they'll swallow the fu cker whole and vote for the deal just to make sure Brexit happens. No peoples vote, no extension. They will bend over and by jingo they will take it right up em and say it tastes like Christmas cake.

For about a day they will claim it as a victory, plus they'll have their little blue passport themed street party on 29th March.

And then they will disown said deal the following day and then spend the next decade complaining about the EU and how badly they've treated us and they'd have definitely had done it better if only they were in charge.
    Yeah, that went well

May's deal will make a comeback and the ERG will fall in line and swallow that fu cker whole. David Davis has sucked it right up already.

No deal will be rejected tomorrow so the deal will be the least worst option left for the Brexiteers. They'll vote for it and claim it as a victory.
    DUP won't though, I wouldn't have thought, and they're the Kingmakers...

Yeah, that went well
    I think CB Fry was saying this will happen before March 29th.

Forgive me. I appreciate we can seek an extension, and need all 27 to agree. The (badly worded) question was whether the EU can trigger an extension, without us seeking it, and impose it upon us. I genuinely don't know the answer.
    No don’t think they can, as it stands on the 29th we have nothing to do with the EU.

25. Default

Yeah, that went well
    It's not over yet sunshine. I added another post saying that it might not happen at this round of votes, just that it would happen through the process.

The ERG will vote this deal through once they feel the hot breath of no-Brexit down their necks. For now, they are still swinging their dicks about.

I think CB Fry was saying this will happen before March 29th.
    If they wanted it to happen they would have voted it through today, waiting a few more days to ask the same question doesn’t make any sense.

27. Default

DUP won't though, I wouldn't have thought, and they're the Kingmakers...
    As long as the ERG move, then enough Labour MPs in leave constituencies will then see that the opportunity to "respect the will of the people" is there and will also follow, rendering the DUP irrelevant.

It's not over yet sunshine. I added another post saying that it might not happen at this round of votes, just that it would happen through the process.

The ERG will vote this deal through once they feel the hot breath of no-Brexit down their necks. For now, they are still swinging their dicks about.
    When is the next round of votes then? I thought the next vote was for ‘no deal’ then after they it was for an extension?

Blog Entries

When is the next round of votes then? I thought the next vote was for ‘no deal’ then after they it was for an extension?
    The next vote is for no deal on March 29th, not no deal full stop.

We won't be allowed to extend past the european elections as they fear they will lose control of the EU parliament to the right (our government is to weak to use that / no deal as bargaining chips).

Total farce. There was never any intention of delivering Brexit, that much is clear. What is disgusting is that they have wasted 3 years of everyone's time (and no doubt negatively impacted a lot of people's lives) all so they can cause enough uncertainty/fatigue to get out of the whole thing.

Either way, democracy is dead in the UK. But then that is what the west wants for all its citizens... even better if they can be marched along celebrating it like a victory... and even better if they can use the worlds longest standing democracy as the ultimate demonstration of happy subservience.

If they wanted it to happen they would have voted it through today, waiting a few more days to ask the same question doesn’t make any sense.
    Because tomorrow No Deal will be taken off the table, but they need to be tired into that corner.

Quote Originally Posted by Saint86 View Post
    The next vote is for no deal on March 29th, not no deal full stop.

We won't be allowed to extend past the european elections as they fear they will lose control of the EU parliament to the right (our government is to weak to use that / no deal as bargaining chips).

Total farce. There was never any intention of delivering Brexit, that much is clear. What is disgusting is that they have wasted 3 years of everyone's time (and no doubt negatively impacted a lot of people's lives) all so they can cause enough uncertainty/fatigue to get out of the whole thing.

Either way, democracy is dead in the UK. But then that is what the west wants for all its citizens... even better if they can be marched along celebrating it like a victory... and even better if they can use the worlds longest standing democracy as the ultimate demonstration of happy subservience.
    But Brexit is not possible with the GFA around. That is the issue. Everything else is pretty irrelevant.

But Brexit is not possible with the GFA around. That is the issue. Everything else is pretty irrelevant.
    No deal, with both the ROI and us refusing to invoke a border. Unrealistic, but theoretically possible.

33. Default

When is the next round of votes then? I thought the next vote was for Ďno dealí then after they it was for an extension?
    Once the house votes for no deal tomorrow then May's deal becomes by some distance the least worst option for the ERG.

Better than a short extension
    Better than a long extension that the EU might demand
    Better than a revocation of A50 which could go to a commons vote as a last ditch attempt to stop actual no-deal
    Better than a General Election
    Better than a second referendum

The ERG will vote for May's deal and call it their victory. As will Les and Guided Missile and everyone else posting Union Jacks and pictures of champagne flutes and singing the Great Escape tune and all the other sh it we will get on March 29th.

The endgame I referred to yesterday is not about the ERG vs May. The endgame now is about the ERG stopping Anna Soubry and Chukka Umuna "winning". They will not let them win.
    Last edited by CB Fry; 12-03-2019 at 09:28 PM.

No deal, with both the ROI and us refusing to invoke a border. Unrealistic, but theoretically possible.
    Just won't happen.

Blog Entries

Once the house votes for no deal tomorrow then May's deal becomes by some distance the least worst option for the ERG.

Better than a revocation of A50 which could go to a commons vote as a last ditch attempt to stop actual no-deal

The ERG will vote for May's deal and call it their victory. As will Les and Guided Missile and everyone else posting Union Jacks and pictures of champagne flutes and singing the Great Escape tune and all the other sh it we will get on March 29th.
    The ERG might still reason that as long as there isn't a cross-party majority for a positive alternative i.e. a permanent customs union or a second referendum, no deal won't be completely dead. The EU might grant a short extension to the UK only for the UK to remain mired in gridlock at the end of that period. The difference is that the option for a further extension will then have been exhausted, giving the ERG a flicker of hope. The sooner the PM allows indicative votes so that a positive alternative can emerge, the better but in doing so May will completely surrender control of the process - hence her reluctance and obstructiveness.
    Last edited by shurlock; 12-03-2019 at 09:38 PM.

Just won't happen.
    Agreed, but Brexit is possible with GFA, although it would involve the ROI defying Brussels to uphold the GFA so completely unrealistic.

The endgame I referred to yesterday is not about the ERG vs May. The endgame now is about the ERG stopping Anna Soubry and Chukka Umuna "winning". They will not let them win.
    So the Conservatives will force through a deal that Parliament has already twice said is sh!t for the country, just to get one over on Labour. Can’t see it myself.

38. Default

So the Conservatives will force through a deal that Parliament has already twice said is sh!t for the country, just to get one over on Labour. Canít see it myself.
    Yeah, I don't think you understand what is actually happening. Not least because I named two MPs that are not members of the Labour party.

Bless you for trying though x x

Yeah, I don't think you understand what is actually happening. Not least because I named two MPs that are not members of the Labour party.

Bless you for trying though x x
    Yeah, because you’ve been bang on so far

Yeah, because you’ve been bang on so far
    You been to the Wes Tender school of Brexit by any chance?

41. Default

Quote Originally Posted by shurlock View Post
    The ERG might still reason that as long as there isn't a cross-party majority for a positive alternative i.e. a permanent customs union or a second referendum, no deal won't be completely dead. The EU might grant a short extension to the UK only for the UK to remain mired in gridlock at the end of that period. The difference is that the option for a further extension will then have been exhausted, giving the ERG a flicker of hope. The sooner the PM allows indicative votes so that a positive alternative can emerge, the better but in doing so May will completely surrender control of the process - hence her reluctance and obstructiveness.
    Yes, that is probably what keeps the ERG going, and they're right that parliament will struggle to coalesce around anything.

The "No No deal" option will win tomorrow, which will change the game because it will send a message to the country. It gives a certainty of direction that UK businesses will not want to let go. UK big business have already pi ssed enough money away planning for no deal, I know the one I work for has and they are already fu cking furious about it. Shocking, pointless waste.

Anyway, from that point, the issue will be forced and the ERG will see a load of things they really don't want to happen creeping up on them. And off they will run, into the arms of May's deal which actually is okay really when you think about etc etc.

You been to the Wes Tender school of Brexit by any chance?
    Shouldn’t you be looking for a job?

Yes, that is probably what keeps the ERG going, and they're right that parliament will struggle to coalesce around anything.

The "No No deal" option will win tomorrow, which will change the game because it will send a message to the country. It gives a certainty of direction that UK businesses will not want to let go. UK big business have already pi ssed enough money away planning for no deal, I know the one I work for has and they are already fu cking furious about it. Shocking, pointless waste.

Anyway, from that point, the issue will be forced and the ERG will see a load of things they really don't want to happen creeping up on them. And off they will run, into the arms of May's deal which actually is okay really when you think about etc etc.
    Its interim, and from a Remainers point of view it's certainly least economic damage. The fact that a different PM or Government may negotiate a customs union deal with the EU to get around the GFA is another kettle of fish.

Shouldn’t you be looking for a job?
    I'm taking some time off actually - off to Bridgetown for a couple of weeks, do a bit of training to further my qualifications, and sort out trying to convince the other half to emigrate somewhere that I don't have to share oxygen with wastrels like yourself.

45. Default

Yeah, because youíve been bang on so far
    Says the man who supported Brexit because he wanted to stick one over Management Consultants and Lobbyists like Goldman Sachs, the very people who will make an absolute killing out of the contracts and consultancy work that this uttetly pointless endeavour will throw up. Right on, sister.

And the man who, let's never forget, spent months on this thread going on about sticking it to the man and then bottled the fu ck out of voting at all when the day came. You're an utter joke mate.

I'm taking some time off actually - off to Bridgetown for a couple of weeks, do a bit of training to further my qualifications, and sort out trying to convince the other half to emigrate somewhere that I don't have to share oxygen with wastrels like yourself.
    calm down dear

calm down dear
    I'm very calm - what makes you think I'm not?

Says the man who supported Brexit because he wanted to stick one over Management Consultants and Lobbyists like Goldman Sachs, the very people who will make an absolute killing out of the contracts and consultancy work that this uttetly pointless endeavour will throw up. Right on, sister.

And the man who, let's never forget, spent months on this thread going on about sticking it to the man and then bottled the fu ck out of voting at all when the day came. You're an utter joke mate.
    Yeah, because walking down to the village hall and putting a cross on a bit of paper takes real bottle

I didn’t bother voting because among other reasons, I was on the fence. Still am to a degree, can’t stand the EU yet leaving has proved to be more hassle than its worth. Think you need to calm down a bit as well sweetie.

I'm very calm - what makes you think I'm not?
    “Share oxygen with wastrels like yourself” quite an angry tone of voice considering you know nothing about me.