• Leave Before - Leave Now
    • Leave Before - Remain Now
    • Leave Before - Not Bothered Now
    • Remain Before - Remain Now
    • Remain Before - Leave Now
    • Remain Before - Not Bothered Now
    • Not Bothered Before - Leave Now
    • Not Bothered Before - Remain Now
    • I've never been bothered - Why am I on this Thread?
    • No second Ref - 2016 was Definitive and Binding

What are you on about? I said it was tragic that a baby died. You said you were unmoved by it - not even that it was a sad piece of news - just that you were completely unmoved by it.

What are your 'red lines' (trying to keep on topic) for the death of a baby to be tragic? Do you have to know them? Do they have to be white?

Some things move me some things don’t. It’s not a matrix thing.

You though took this to mean that I don’t have children and even wanted to push the question with some smug opining that lovely daddy yourself understands how innocent babies are and you feel like that because you have fathered a child.

Some things move me some things don’t. It’s not a matrix thing.

You though took this to mean that I don’t have children and even wanted to push the question with some smug opining that lovely daddy yourself understands how innocent babies are and you feel like that because you have fathered a child.

No - it was so I could understand if you had an excuse for it, or whether you're just a really **** person. Unfortunately it seems like it's the second one - I had hoped for better.

If it's not a matrix thing, then why couldn't I feel that death was tragic without pedantic questioning from yourself?

3 already did I believe. Can't remember the exact details but I expect they were representing big leave constituencies.

It isn't a new trend. These are the very same three who have already voted against the Labour Party line on more than one occasion. They are the Labour equivalent of Soubry, Grieve, Wollaston, etc, except that as pro-brexiteers they won't be joining the so-called Independent Group. It is a real pity that there are MPs of principle like these, who accept their obligation to honour the result of the referendum and the wishes of their local constituents, whereas the majority of their fellow MPs in their party couldn't care a toss for what their constituents want on this issue. CB Fry is extremely naive if he thinks that if many in the ERG got behind May's deal, then many Labour MPs would follow. The ERG isn't going to fold on May's deal whilst the backstop protocol doesn't contain a legally binding get-out clause.

It isn't a new trend. These are the very same three who have already voted against the Labour Party line on more than one occasion. They are the Labour equivalent of Soubry, Grieve, Wollaston, etc, except that as pro-brexiteers they won't be joining the so-called Independent Group. It is a real pity that there are MPs of principle like these, who accept their obligation to honour the result of the referendum and the wishes of their local constituents, whereas the majority of their fellow MPs in their party couldn't care a toss for what their constituents want on this issue. CB Fry is extremely naive if he thinks that if many in the ERG got behind May's deal, then many Labour MPs would follow. The ERG isn't going to fold on May's deal whilst the backstop protocol doesn't contain a legally binding get-out clause.

Afternoon Les. Looking forward to tonight's vote?

How would Farage and his MEP friends block an extension to Article 50?

Quite... but why the assumption that if there's no May deal, and no no deal, and no extension, that there's a 3rd vote for May's deal? It's probable, but there are other options.

He can't technically, so Jeff's assertion is idiotic. However, Farage was on his feet in the EU Parliament in Strasbourg this morning baiting them that unless they wanted to have him and many more Eurosceptic MEPs doing their best to disrupt proceedings in the EU, then they would do themselves and us a favour by not allowing us any extension to Article 50 which would take us past the date when we would have to hold elections to the European Parliament.

Appears he has been touring Italy trying to agree a position with Italian MEPs where they vote to block Article 50 extension in the European Parliament.

Sounds pretty close to the actual literal definition of treason, as opposed to the version of treason Brexiteers like to shout about.

Doubt anything will be done about it though.

Here is one for you all, given where we are with regards to the 52/48 ref results and political quagmire:

Would you rather have no deal Brexit or May's Brexit?

Ultimately, unless a better deal comes along, that is a likely choice to be made by the end of the extension.

Here is one for you all, given where we are with regards to the 52/48 ref results and political quagmire:

Ultimately, unless a better deal comes along, that is a likely choice to be made by the end of the extension.

May's Brexit - every time.

Personally, no deal. Much better to negotiate without wearing a noose than with.

He can't technically, so Jeff's assertion is idiotic. However, Farage was on his feet in the EU Parliament in Strasbourg this morning baiting them that unless they wanted to have him and many more Eurosceptic MEPs doing their best to disrupt proceedings in the EU, then they would do themselves and us a favour by not allowing us any extension to Article 50 which would take us past the date when we would have to hold elections to the European Parliament.

As if he would actually stand any chance of getting re-elected as an MEP, the shameless, self-important pr!ck.

Appears he has been touring Italy trying to agree a position with Italian MEPs where they vote to block Article 50 extension in the European Parliament.

Sounds pretty close to the actual literal definition of treason, as opposed to the version of treason Brexiteers like to shout about.

My limited understanding is that extension of Article 50 requires unanimous agreement in the European Council which made up of 27 heads of state. The European Parliament is not involved in this process.

Afternoon Les. Looking forward to tonight's vote?

Afternoon "little fella" Shurlock. Yes, very much looking forward to it. These are quite the most interesting and stimulating political times that I can remember in my adult lifetime. Never before has their been such a major disconnect between the electorate and their elected representatives on such a major issue. The electorate are heartily fed up with the whole thing and are going to be very angry if Brexit is seriously delayed, watered down or scuppered.

After tonight's and tomorrow's votes, if no deal is taken off the table and Brexit is delayed, then it will become crystal clear which MPs voted for those things. They are the ones who need to think about their future careers when they are thrown out at the next election. Unless the Conservatives under May or her successor can deliver an acceptable Brexit, their future as a party of government is over for the forseeable future. The same for Labour. We are already seeing the shifting tectonic plates in our political system with the newly formed Independent Group and the Brexit Party. It wouldn't surprise me to see further developments involving the two major parties splitting or forming inter party alliances.

But I am of the belief that Brexit will still happen via us leaving on WTO terms, either on 29th March, or a few months later before we are obliged to put up candidates for the European Elections.

As if he would actually stand any chance of getting re-elected as an MEP, the shameless, self-important pr!ck.

Regardless of your personal opinion of him, nothing could be more nailed on than him being re-elected, together with a huge majority of fellow Eurosceptic MEPS if we had to vote in the European Elections

I have a far more blatant example of treasonous behaviour. One of our former Prime Ministers plotting with the French, advising them as a consultant on how to overthrow the democratic wishes of the electorate expressed in a referendum. I'm speaking of Tony Blair, of course. The man's a complete Quisling.

Afternoon "little fella" Shurlock. Yes, very much looking forward to it. These are quite the most interesting and stimulating political times that I can remember in my adult lifetime. Never before has their been such a major disconnect between the electorate and their elected representatives on such a major issue. The electorate are heartily fed up with the whole thing and are going to be very angry if Brexit is seriously delayed, watered down or scuppered.

After tonight's and tomorrow's votes, if no deal is taken off the table and Brexit is delayed, then it will become crystal clear which MPs voted for those things. They are the ones who need to think about their future careers when they are thrown out at the next election. Unless the Conservatives under May or her successor can deliver an acceptable Brexit, their future as a party of government is over for the forseeable future. The same for Labour. We are already seeing the shifting tectonic plates in our political system with the newly formed Independent Group and the Brexit Party. It wouldn't surprise me to see further developments involving the two major parties splitting or forming inter party alliances.

But I am of the belief that Brexit will still happen via us leaving on WTO terms, either on 29th March, or a few months later before we are obliged to put up candidates for the European Elections.

Who's your MP?

Who's your MP?

Mims Davies. She is generally pro-Brexit, but hampered by being a junior minister, so on the Government's payroll. Not that that has hampered the likes of Rudd, Gauke and Clark from breaking with Cabinet unity.

The Eastleigh Conservative Association has its AGM on 28th March, the day before freedom day. Methinks I'll go along

Mims Davies. She is generally pro-Brexit, but hampered by being a junior minister, so on the Government's payroll. Not that that has hampered the likes of Rudd, Gauke and Clark from breaking with Cabinet unity.

The Eastleigh Conservative Association has its AGM on 28th March, the day before freedom day. Methinks I'll go along

What, to embarrass yourself in public?

You should move somewhere your MP actually has some clout, rather than giving her excuses.

Regardless of your personal opinion of him, nothing could be more nailed on than him being re-elected, together with a huge majority of fellow Eurosceptic MEPS if we had to vote in the European Elections

Do you think that many people who voted to leave in the referendum would be at all bothered to vote for an MEP if we ended up staying in long enough for the elections?

Turnout for the EU elections has always been pretty low IIRC. But if Brexit ends up not happening, I imagine that remainers would be highly motivated to get out in numbers and vote for a pro-EU candidate. I also imagine that many leavers, based on the attitudes that I have encountered in people that I have engaged with, would be less bothered.

All just conjecture on my part of course.

Nor did it hamper Boris Johnson. You'll be pleased to know that my MP, Keir Starmer, is fully supported by his constituents :)

Who the **** has time to stand outside the houses of parliament all day shouting "NOOOOOOOOO BREEEXITTTT!!!"

Where do these people come from / go to? They can't (all) be homeless.

Edited by Plastic

How about this for a possible chain of events...?

Tonight: Parliament votes to avoid no-deal on 29th March

Tomorrow: Parliament votes to extend Article 50

Next week: One or more of the the EU 27 veto an extension

Tuesday 26th March: May brings a slightly tweaked version of her deal back to parliament to vote on for a 3rd time; she fails to get a majority again

Sometime before Friday 29th March @ 22:59: May revokes Article 50 and resigns

May/June: General Election

And the electorate vote in UKIP as their new government with a Parliamentary majority of 52%. :lol:

Les as Chancellor of the Exchequer

JJ as Secretary of State for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs

LD as Minister for Women and Equalities

JRM now harping on about 'law' when it suits him and isn't interested in advisory votes.

The whole ****ing Brexit vote in the first place was only advisory, you utter turd.

Except that the Prime Minister, Cameron, promised to accept the decision of the referendum and nobody from the other parties disagreed. But then again, they thought that Remain would win. But of course, had remain won, then that would be it, you wouldn't have been so hypocritical to have argued that it was only advisory then, would you? :rolleyes:

How about this for a possible chain of events...?

Sometime before Friday 29th March @ 22:59: May revokes Article 50 and resigns

May/June: General Election

Not possible as she cannot arbitrarily make new laws! A new law would have to be passed in order to revoke Article 50.

I can see any further GE having the lowest turnout in history!

May's proposal is

1. vote for my deal by this time next week, or we have to participate in the European elections because we'll be in for the long haul.

2. the punishment for not approving my deal yesterday is we have to stay until June to get the legislation through. Serves you lot right.

So she wants to bring her deal back, again, with the added bonus of sh itting up the ERG enough that they vote for it.

And a Brexiteer on TV right now saying he has no choice to choose between May's deal or no Brexit and he will pick May's deal. And references David Davis from yesterday who said to him that he saw it coming which is why he voted for the deal yesterday.

Well, who could have possibly predicted that.

Edited by CB Fry

Except that the Prime Minister, Cameron, promised to accept the decision of the referendum and nobody from the other parties disagreed. But then again, they thought that Remain would win. But of course, had remain won, then that would be it, you wouldn't have been so hypocritical to have argued that it was only advisory then, would you? :rolleyes:

Farage and Mogg etc certainly would have argued it was only advisory if remain had won, that much is sure.

May's proposal is

1. vote for my deal by this time next week, or we have to participate in the European elections because we'll be in for the long haul.

2. the punishment for not approving my deal yesterday is we have to stay until June to get the legislation through. Serves you lot right.

So she wants to bring her deal back, again, with the added bonus of sh itting up the ERG enough that they vote for it.

And a Brexiteer on TV right now saying he has no choice to choose between May's deal or no Brexit and he will pick May's deal. And references David Davis from yesterday who said to him that he saw it coming which is why he voted for the deal yesterday.

Well, who could have possibly predicted that.

Can't remember anyone predicting that... :lol:

There is still the chance that the EU doesn't approve extension to Art50, due to that snake Farage.

• Lighthouse changed the title to Brexit - Post Match Reaction