• Leave Before - Leave Now
    • Leave Before - Remain Now
    • Leave Before - Not Bothered Now
    • Remain Before - Remain Now
    • Remain Before - Leave Now
    • Remain Before - Not Bothered Now
    • Not Bothered Before - Leave Now
    • Not Bothered Before - Remain Now
    • I've never been bothered - Why am I on this Thread?
    • No second Ref - 2016 was Definitive and Binding

Private Eye has a long and creditable history of exposes. Paul Staines has a history of failure and being on the wrong side of the law. Selling photos of William Hague's aide in a gay bar to the media is the quality of the man.

Private Eye being successfully sued for being wrong is a standing joke. People love it because it is anti establishment and says the things that nobody dares. The Guido Fawkes Blog has the same attributes and has claimed a number of high profile scoops and scalps. I would agree with you on William Hague's aide but I don't agree with much of what the Daily Mail and the Guardian say but still read them

You still have not addressed the stories that I posted or are they wrong?

Actually this is evidence, on your own argument, of strong right-wing bias at the BBC.

As The Guardian is one of only a handful of national papers that are left of centre, it's not surprising that they come out on top (only marginally ahead of The Times).

Add the left-of-centre newspaper purchases (Guardian + Observer + Mirror +Sunday Mirror + People), you get 147,232.

Add the centrist, centre-right and right-wing papers, you get 442,339.

Hey presto, from the same figures as the ones you have, an overwhelming anti-left and centre-left readership.

I expect you'll be on the phone to the Beeb to complain about such appalling bias.

It depends which way you look at it. I think the fact that nation's lowest selling newspaper is the BBC's best selling newspaper suggests that the BBC is not representative of the people it broadcasts. Why does the jobs section have so many BBC jobs?

It depends which way you look at it. I think the fact that nation's lowest selling newspaper is the BBC's best selling newspaper suggests that the BBC is not representative of the people it broadcasts. Why does the jobs section have so many BBC jobs?

Frankly the Guardian is the only show in town when it comes to reporting on public services/civil society. Given they are so central to the BBC's news and current affairs coverage, is it really surprising that the Guardian is widely read - regardless of any political sympathies.

The Guardian is the 2nd most popular English language newspaper site in the world. Its relevant to the BBC's global audience.

Frankly the Guardian is the only show in town when it comes to reporting on public services/civil society. Given they are so central to the BBC's news and current affairs coverage, is it really surprising that the Guardian is widely read - regardless of any political sympathies.

The two go hand in hand and it goes back to the point I made about institutional bias. Somebody once said that the BBC tries to be centrist with its coverage but its definition of centrist is out of kilter with rest of the country.

The Guardian is the 2nd most popular English language newspaper site in the world. Its relevant to the BBC's global audience.

We are talking about hard copy not online and anyway do you think that the Daily Mail (I assume that this is the most popular) gets more views than the Guardian at the BBC?

The two go hand in hand and it goes back to the point I made about institutional bias. Somebody once said that the BBC tries to be centrist with its coverage but its definition of centrist is out of kilter with rest of the country.

You're only heaping more cluelessness on an already clueless series of posts pal. There's nothing inherently leftie about reporting on public services -the NHS, schools and the police. If its to provide a mouthpiece for the unions, then maybe but if its to report, analyse and hold to account activities which are funded and used by you and me as taxpayers, then it's nothing of the sort.

You're only heaping more cluelessness on an already clueless series of posts pal. There's nothing inherently leftie about reporting on public services -the NHS, schools and the police. If its to provide a mouthpiece for the unions, then maybe but if its to report, analyse and hold to account activities which are funded and used by you and me as taxpayers, then it's nothing of the sort.

So the only people that buy newspapers at the BBC are the news rooms - is that what you are saying?

Your people skills continue to struggle don't they.

According to Rod Liddell ex editor of Today programme & life long labour supporter, the BBC is completely & utterly biased towards the left. He said the only surprise about this is that people actually believe they're not . He claims he was told that everybody working on Newsnight, from presenters to production staff, editors, journalists ect voted remain . How can that bias not shine through . People should also look at BBC employees tweets before saying it's not biased if I worked for the BBC my bias would show. To me Corbyn is an extremist loon , whereas Nigel is right wing. The middle ground for me is around Theresa May, & Cameron & Major are raging pinkos. That will clearly show in any coverage I'm editing. The referendum wasn't biased because it was a binary choice . It's afterwards & politics as usual, when there's further options that their bias shines through. Hence the biased post Brexit coverage which has favoured the remoaners

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Lord Duckhunter

According to Rod Liddell ex editor of Today programme & life long labour supporter, the BBC is completely & utterly biased towards the left. He said the only surprise about this is that people actually believe they're not . He claims he was told that everybody working on Newsnight, from presenters to production staff, editors, journalists ect voted remain . How can that bias not shine through . People should also look at BBC employees tweets before saying it's not biased if I worked for the BBC my bias would show. To me Corbyn is an extremist loon , whereas Nigel is right wing. The middle ground for me is around Theresa May, & Cameron & Major are raging pinkos. That will clearly show in any coverage I'm editing. The referendum wasn't biased because it was a binary choice . It's afterwards & politics as usual, when there's further options that their bias shines through. Hence the biased post Brexit coverage which has favoured the remoaners

Hmm any more pinko, pony, snowflake, leftie, libtard type insults?

Its true Newsnight has historically been populated by Labour leaning staff but equally other programmes are staffed by right wingers. The Daily Politics is staffed by Tory stalwarts; Nick Robinson the BBC's politics editor is a former chairman of young Conservatives and Kamal Ahmed the business editor has a long Tory background.

Edited by buctootim

I notice you regularly use the incorrect abbreviation for et cetera. At first I thought it a typo but seen it enough now to feel it my duty to inform you it is 'etc.'

Here's hoping Brexit goes well. Hope everyone gets out of it what they want. In for an interesting year or so. Have always maintained that the democratic decision of the people has to be upheld. Hope it doesn't impact too much on communities who voted for it. In essence it really does show how inequality in this country has been left to fester too long with the north/south divide and the haves and have-nots. Sad! I've worked in two less-resilient communities in Berkshire (sounds posher than it is) all my working life and fail to see how either result would benefit either south Reading or Easthampstead.

Handel was German, Wes...

So was the monarchy then, so I don't hold it against him. Handel became a naturalised British citizen, having lived here for a substantial part of his life. Had he been here now, no doubt we would allow him to remain with the other 3 million EU citizens currently residing in the UK. :lol:

So was the monarchy then, so I don't hold it against him. Handel became a naturalised British citizen, having lived here for a substantial part of his life. Had he been here now, no doubt we would allow him to remain with the other 3 million EU citizens currently residing in the UK. :lol:

I think it likely that he would have been on Celebrity Big Brother, so great was his fame...

I'm not a kipper and I doubt that GM is either. Do you believe yourself as a remoaner to be known for your humour? If so, you are deluding yourself, me old fruit.:D

Once a kipper always a kipper. You're a kosher kipper about to be living in the sunny uplands of kipperland, which looks like this...

YouGov polled Brexiteers to find out what they most wanted. Top 5: bringing back the death penalty, bringing back dark blue passports, bringing back pounds and ounces, bringing back corporal punishment in schools, and bringing back incandescent lightbulbs.

Basically, bringing back the 1950s.

Once a kipper always a kipper. You're a kosher kipper about to be living in the sunny uplands of kipperland, which looks like this...

YouGov polled Brexiteers to find out what they most wanted. Top 5: bringing back the death penalty, bringing back dark blue passports, bringing back pounds and ounces, bringing back corporal punishment in schools, and bringing back incandescent lightbulbs.

Basically, bringing back the 1950s.

I can understand that as an ardent remoaner you're hurting badly today, so I'll excuse the preposterous notion you are espousing that everybody can be lumped together as UKIP supporters if they support some list of outdated policies that pre-date the formation of UKIP by some decades. :rolleyes:

I'm surmising that that list would get quite a lot of support among your chums in the Labour Party, well at least the blue collar members, not the London liberal elite branch, of course. Once a leftie, always a leftie, eh?

Had a good laugh at that... then realised it was true.

Come on though, it can't be all bad, I know a few kippers and none of them are lobbying for incandescent lightbulbs. I mean, they are racists obviously, but... well.. umm..

• YouGov polled the British to find out how they would vote in the referendum. The results put Remain ahead with 52%
  • YouGov polled Brexiteers to find out if they lied to annoying cold callers and 52% said they did. The remainder told them the f*** off.
  • GM polled the posters on this site on whether they have EVER been asked their opinion by YouGov in one of their polls. 100% said no.

Had a good laugh at that... then realised it was true.

Come on though, it can't be all bad, I know a few kippers and none of them are lobbying for incandescent lightbulbs. I mean, they are racists obviously, but... well.. umm..

To be fair I agree although I would say that they have strong sense of xenophobia rather than being out and out racist. Where the line is I don't know. That said the normalising of right-wing political views in this country is a worrying trend. Even someone firmly in the centre left is denigrated, belittled and abused on here by those with right-wing leanings. (you know who are) To some extent there is resigned magnanimity amongst remainers, I don't see a lot of that reciprocated on here by Brexiteers. People have the right to object to coming out of the EU without being subject to aggressive, triumphalist ****. It's called freedom of speech. The reality is that the vote must stand. Politicians of all hues must begin to address the huge inequalities in our society in or out of the EU. Failure to do this has led to where we are today.

On purely personal level if offered individual citizenship of the EU I would take it like a shot, but that's my personal preference which I don't feel I have justify on a football messageboard.

To be fair I agree although I would say that they have strong sense of xenophobia rather than being out and out racist. Where the line is I don't know. That said the normalising of right-wing political views in this country is a worrying trend. Even someone firmly in the centre left is denigrated, belittled and abused on here by those with right-wing leanings. (you know who are) To some extent there is resigned magnanimity amongst remainers, I don't see a lot of that reciprocated on here by Brexiteers. People have the right to object to coming out of the EU without being subject to aggressive, triumphalist ****. It's called freedom of speech. The reality is that the vote must stand. Politicians of all hues must begin to address the huge inequalities in our society in or out of the EU. Failure to do this has led to where we are today.

On purely personal level if offered individual citizenship of the EU I would take it like a shot, but that's my personal preference which I don't feel I have justify on a football messageboard.

Is resigned magnanimity calling Brexiteers thick racist ****s?

To be fair I agree although I would say that they have strong sense of xenophobia rather than being out and out racist. Where the line is I don't know. That said the normalising of right-wing political views in this country is a worrying trend. Even someone firmly in the centre left is denigrated, belittled and abused on here by those with right-wing leanings. (you know who are) To some extent there is resigned magnanimity amongst remainers.

Can I congratulate you on your " resigned magnanimity" towards the xenophobic on here.

Where does the centre ground lie? Surely the centre ground lies where the majority of the population inhabited politically. Therefore it is not the normalising of right wing politics , but a shifting of the centre ground. The centre left , what the ****s that when it's at home. It's just a phrase lefties use to try and pretend they aren't extremists. The further right the centre ground moves , how can there be a centre left? England is now a right wing country, out of the metropolitan areas even the labour voters are right wing on issues such as immigration, crime & punishment, taxes as well as elements of welfare reform. It's why Tony Blair had to govern, or pretend to govern, like a Tory pinko on those issues.

Edited by Lord Duckhunter

The centre left , what the ****s that when it's at home. It's just a phrase lefties use to try and pretend they aren't extremists. The further right the centre ground moves , how can there be a centre left?

Kin hell its not hard, its names for a part of the spectrum. Hard left, centre left, centre, centre right, hard right

Can I congratulate you on your " resigned magnanimity" towards the xenophobic on here.

Where does the centre ground lie? Surely the centre ground lies where the majority of the population inhabited politically. Therefore it is not the normalising of right wing politics , but a shifting of the centre ground. The centre left , what the ****s that when it's at home. It's just a phrase lefties use to try and pretend they aren't extremists. The further right the centre ground moves , how can there be a centre left? England is now a right wing country, out of the metropolitan areas even the labour voters are right wing on issues such as immigration, crime & punishment, taxes as well as elements of welfare reform. It's why Tony Blair had to govern, or pretend to govern, like a Tory pinko on those issues.

You centre ground :lol:

And they say kippers aren't known for their humour.

England is now a right wing country... on issues such as immigration, crime & punishment, taxes

What is the 'right wing' consensus on the 3 issues highlighted above, and what do the 'right wing' feel should be done to resolve them?

Theresa May evokes article 50 and straight away pull's the GCHQ card ! Naughty !

Just reveals the UK hasn't much leverage. Hard to take your average muslim/terrorism-fixated kipper seriously when they're happy to play politics with security.

Edited by shurlock

Is resigned magnanimity calling Brexiteers thick racist ****s?

Not used that terminology personally. Brexit is about inequality in the UK and a society which believes it is entitled without taking any responsibility. It is a similar breeding ground to Post WW1 Germany, and we all know how that ended.

Edited by Winnersaint

Kin hell its not hard, its names for a part of the spectrum. Hard left, centre left, centre, centre right, hard right

You need to refer to terms like pinko, lefties, remoaners (teehee),snowflakes, libtards etc. - sure he has his spectrum in his own mind.

And in turn at the other end are racists, xenophobes, facists, selfish, greedy, uncaring, hateful - all actual words. Bloody righties where are the insults?

Not used that terminology personally. Brexit is about inequality in the UK and a society which believes it is entitled without taking any responsibility. It is a similar breeding ground to Post WW1 Germany, and we all know how that ended.

How do you work that one out?

Bexit happened because people's concerns about immigration were just ignored, swept under the carpet by all three main parties making our democracy a farce. To make it worse anyone raising the issue was labelled racist.

It's not a left v right issue, Brexit didn't come about because of the swivel eyed UKIP voters, it happened because the Labour heartlands voted for it on mass.

:lol: :lol: Top work lad.

Interested to know if anybody else's work has been directly affected by the brexit decision?

We have had around 3-4 major projects for different customers postponed or cancelled, and their reason has been 'brexit uncertainty'. Obviously this has directly affected our revenue and therefore profitability. Keen to hear if this has affected others.

Interested to know if anybody else's work has been directly affected by the brexit decision?

We have had around 3-4 major projects for different customers postponed or cancelled, and their reason has been 'brexit uncertainty'. Obviously this has directly affected our revenue and therefore profitability. Keen to hear if this has affected others.

Out of interest, what industry/sector does your company operate in?

Out of interest, what industry/sector does your company operate in?

We are an IT services organisation, 15 people in total. We have a focus on financial orgs (banking, insurance) but we also provide services to retail.

• Lighthouse changed the title to Brexit - Post Match Reaction