Page 175 of 244 FirstFirst ... 75125165173174175176177185225 ... LastLast
Results 8,701 to 8,750 of 12168

Thread: Post EU - The Way Forward

  1. #8701

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Rothschild and Soros HQ
    Posts
    18,167
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wes Tender View Post
    You live in a fantasy dream world, if you honestly believe that Labour's Brexit conditions are simply holding Davis to his word. He backtracked soon after, stating that this was an ambition rather than a pledge, but as far as I'm aware, it still remains a condition for Labour. Of course, if you were a realist, you would admit that Labour has no intention of delivering Brexit, but as they cannot admit it, they have concocted this fudge as a cover up. But nobody is fooled by it.

    The only people calling for a second referendum are those who all along wanted one, because they didn't believe for one second that they would lose the first one. They have the bare-faced audacity to call it a "people's vote" as if people didn't vote the last time. It might give you a hard-on imagining that the current situation is causing some consternation to the ardent leavers, but one way or another we will be leaving the EU.
    Don’t be so naive Les. This is from the horse’s mouth.

    https://mobile.twitter.com/keir_star...022854?lang=en

    The six tests are pure politics. They’ve allowed Labour to avoid their own hopeless contradictions and divisions over Brexit and attack the government while maintaining the fiction that they’re not playing politics or being unduly obstructive since they’re only upholding the government’s word.
    Last edited by shurlock; 17-12-2018 at 06:21 PM.

  2. #8702

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Southampton
    Posts
    12,087

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shurlock View Post
    Don’t be so naive Les. This is from the horse’s mouth.

    https://mobile.twitter.com/keir_star...022854?lang=en

    The six tests are pure politics. They’ve allowed Labour to avoid their own hopeless contradictions and divisions over Brexit and attack the government while maintaining the fiction that they’re not playing politics or being unduly obstructive since they’re only upholding the government’s word.
    Me:
    Of course, if you were a realist, you would admit that Labour has no intention of delivering Brexit, but as they cannot admit it, they have concocted this fudge as a cover up. But nobody is fooled by it.
    Isn't that what I just said?

  3. #8703

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Rothschild and Soros HQ
    Posts
    18,167
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wes Tender View Post
    Me:

    Isn't that what I just said?
    Yes by holding Davis and the rest of the government to its word.

  4. #8704

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Southampton
    Posts
    12,087

    Default

    https://blogs.spectator.co.uk/2018/1...l-it-backfire/

    An interesting summary regarding the Corbyn vote of no confidence in May, the background to it and the possible repercussions.

  5. #8705

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Southampton
    Posts
    12,087

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shurlock View Post
    Yes by holding Davis and the rest of the government to its word.
    So we agree then, the Labour 6 conditions are a fudge to cover up the fact that they have no plan.

  6. Default

    People voted to Leave the EU.

    March 29th we are leaving the EU.

    Last General Election we all know that both parties campaigned for Leave, therefore a massive win for leave as well. I was reminded of this fact lots and lots of times in this very thread. Leave wins again.

    So a Leave House of Commons delivering us leaving the EU next March.

    I don't understand why the Brexiteers here are getting so upset. The thing you voted for and the people everyone voted in to deliver the thing you voted for is happening.

    What's the problem again?

  7. #8707

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Banned.
    Posts
    6,273

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CB Fry View Post
    People voted to Leave the EU.

    March 29th we are leaving the EU.

    Last General Election we all know that both parties campaigned for Leave, therefore a massive win for leave as well. I was reminded of this fact lots and lots of times in this very thread. Leave wins again.

    So a Leave House of Commons delivering us leaving the EU next March.

    I don't understand why the Brexiteers here are getting so upset. The thing you voted for and the people everyone voted in to deliver the thing you voted for is happening.

    What's the problem again?
    Is it thou?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  8. #8708

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    West of Fareham
    Posts
    12,590

    Default

    Why the hell is the new vote not going to take place until mid-January? I don’t see the point in wasting yet more time.

    What a ****ing mess.

  9. Default Post EU - The Way Forward

    Quote Originally Posted by buctootim View Post
    Im no Corbyn fan but they've clearly been holding back until they are reasonably sure they could win - presumably talking to the DUP for weeks trying to patch together an agreement. The reason for the no confidence in May is because some Tories will abstain but would vote loyally if the no confidence was in the Government rather than the leader
    Nope, he’s bottled it, or cocked it up.

    If there’s the slightest chance she’ll lose, The Tories won’t allow a vote or will just not turn up to the vote, then the whole thing becomes a farce. A confidence vote in the Government, doesn’t give them that option. It has to be voted on and if they lose, the Government falls.

    Every labour supporter calling for a confidence vote meant a vote to bring down the Government, yet again they’re playing games.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

  10. #8710

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Banned.
    Posts
    6,273

    Default

    So his pointless vote is thrown out, Will he have the balls to go for the whole government?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  11. #8711

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    West of Fareham
    Posts
    12,590

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cabbage_Face View Post
    So his pointless vote is thrown out, Will he have the balls to go for the whole government?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    What is the point when he won’t win it?

  12. #8712

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cabbage_Face View Post
    So his pointless vote is thrown out, Will he have the balls to go for the whole government?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The problem is, he now looks like a moron, and if he goes for the Government he'll get a reaction worse than last week's attempt by the ERG, as it's just a waste of everyone's time.

    The man does not.know what he's doing.

  13. #8713

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Cusp of a wave
    Posts
    18,593

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aintforever View Post
    Why the hell is the new vote not going to take place until mid-January? I don’t see the point in wasting yet more time.

    What a ****ing mess.
    Its like Joe Johnson said - shes running down the clock in the hope she can panic MPs into thinking it really is a choice between her deal on no deal. The most disturbing thing about May is not her crap negotiating or unnecessary red lines but her authoritarian streak. She has tried to bypass or marginalise or con Parliament at every turn.

  14. #8714

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Gotham City
    Posts
    27,602

    Default Post EU - The Way Forward

    Quote Originally Posted by buctootim View Post
    Its like Joe Johnson said - shes running down the clock in the hope she can panic MPs into thinking it really is a choice between her deal on no deal. The most disturbing thing about May is not her crap negotiating or unnecessary red lines but her authoritarian streak. She has tried to bypass or marginalise or con Parliament at every turn.
    She managed to get supporters to ‘submit’ letters calling for a confidence vote against her, knowing she would win....

    Everyone keeps saying she is finished and has done so at different stages for at least the last 12 months, yet there she is

  15. Default Post EU - The Way Forward

    Quote Originally Posted by Unbelievable Jeff View Post
    The problem is, he now looks like a moron, and if he goes for the Government he'll get a reaction worse than last week's attempt by the ERG, as it's just a waste of everyone's time.

    The man does not.know what he's doing.
    He’s playing games because in his heart he’s a Brexiter. He wants to leave the EU, but would lose his job if he came out and admitted it. Party policy is to try and force a GE before calling for a referendum. He’s under pressure to call a confidence vote (the first stage of forcing a GE), so has tried to muddy the waters by calling a different sort of confidence vote. His cult members think he’s a different type of politician, but stunts like this prove he’s a duplicitous old goat, a politician like 99% of them.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

  16. #8716

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Southampton
    Posts
    16,914

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Duckhunter View Post
    He’s playing games because in his heart he’s a Brexiter. He wants to leave the EU, but would lose his job if he came out and admitted it. Party policy is to try and force a GE before calling for a referendum. He’s under pressure to call a confidence vote (the first stage of forcing a GE), so has tried to muddy the waters by calling a different sort of confidence vote. His cult members think he’s a different type of politician, but stunts like this prove he’s a duplicitous old goat, a politician like 99% of them.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    He's terrified of having to participate in a GE he might - don't think he would, but he might - win. And, as you say, the EU is part of the awful West, Globalist, Neo-Con, pro-Israeli, Whiteman conspiracy and he would love to flip it the bird but he knows that won't wash as policy.
    Last edited by benjii; 18-12-2018 at 08:17 AM.

  17. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Verbal View Post
    This is different from the announcement that JLR have just made about the additional loss of 5,000 jobs, which is explicitly Brexit-related.

    https://www.theguardian.com/business...p-to-5000-jobs

    This is aside from the fact that ALL of Discovery production is being moved from the UK to the EU's Slovakia, and the I-Pace - JLR's outstanding electric car - being made in the EU's Austria.

    That yellow jacket should look nice with your black flag.
    Clueless leftie chump being misled by an Indian multinational, running rings around your union mates...

    Read this and weep, comrade:
    The European Commission has launched an investigation into plans by the Slovakian government to grant £108 million to Jaguar Land Rover in support of its new car factory in the country. The investigation will assess whether the grant to the Coventry car maker is in line with EU rules on regional state aid.
    Brexit, innit...

  18. Default

    Southampton Transit factory story all over again...

  19. #8719

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    She managed to get supporters to ‘submit’ letters calling for a confidence vote against her, knowing she would win....

    Everyone keeps saying she is finished and has done so at different stages for at least the last 12 months, yet there she is
    I've been telling people for the last 12 months that she will keep going - everyone said I was stupid for saying so.

  20. #8720

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Rothschild and Soros HQ
    Posts
    18,167
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Guided Missile View Post
    Clueless leftie chump being misled by an Indian multinational, running rings around your union mates...

    Read this and weep, comrade:

    Brexit, innit...
    You must approve of the European Commission’s actions, JJ. Investigating potentially distortionary subsidies that create an uneven playing field. A pro-competition action by the EUSSR (pmsl). Then again, you’ve been so groomed by the right wing press and don’t know your arse from your elbow, it’s probably flown right over your head, old man.
    Last edited by shurlock; 18-12-2018 at 08:50 AM.

  21. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shurlock View Post
    You must approve of the European Commission’s actions, JJ. Investigating potentially distortionary subsidies that create an uneven playing field.
    Herbert the champagne socialist demonstrates clueless subservience to a corporate led EU.

    European Commission investigation??? Read their attempt at justifying the Ford EU grant, for moving the Southampton Transit manufacturing outside the EU. I've highlighted the parts of their crock of sh!t, that helped Ford sell the layoff's to the unions, when questioned by Daniel Hannan, MEP:

    Question for written answer to the Commission
    Rule 117
    Daniel Hannan (ECR)
    Subject: EIB loan to Ford in Turkey Ford has announced its intention to close its last UK assembly plant, in Swaythling, Southampton, with the loss of 1 400 jobs. Production of Ford’s Transit Van will switch from Swaythling to Turkey, having been based in Southampton — the company’s last UK vehicle assembly plant — for 40 years. It has emerged that the European Investment Bank (EIB) has loaned Ford GBP 80 million to invest in its Turkish plant, as part of its moves to prepare the country’s economy for possible European Union membership. Has the Commission considered that certain EIB loans may have a negative impact on firms registered within the EU, especially where the EIB’s very favourable loans could offer an unfair advantage to non-EU firms?
    Parliamentary questions
    5 February 2013
    E-011072/2012
    Answer given by Mr Rehn on behalf of the Commission
    The Commission invites the Honourable Member to refer to the Commission joint answer to written questions P‐10070/2012 by Mrs Van Brempt, P-10100/2012 by Mr Belet and E-10134/2012 by Mrs Stassen(1) as regards the EIB loan to Ford in Turkey.
    The main objective of the EIB is to support growth and jobs in the EU through long-term, sustainable and economically sound investment in infrastructure, private sector companies and small businesses, including in the automotive sector where EIB has financed several projects over the last number of years notably to promote cleaner transport solutions.
    At the same time, an objective of EIB activity outside the Union, in particular in Pre-Accession countries, is the promotion of local private sector development. This applies to both EIB own risk activities, under which the EIB loan to Ford in Turkey was carried out, and EIB activities under the external mandate, as provided for in Decision No 1080/2011/EU of the Parliament and of the Council of 25 October 2011 granting an EU guarantee to the EIB against losses under loans and loan guarantees for projects outside the Union(2).
    The legislative proposal for the EIB external mandate covering the period 2014-2020 will soon be submitted by the Commission to the Parliament and Council. In this context, the external lending framework and objectives of the EIB will be discussed by the co-legislators.
    I've highlighted the turds in the answer the European Commission gave to help you (Turkey, Pre-Accession country???). I can also provide the reason for the layoffs by Ford and JLR, both announced prior to Brexit, which you should be able to understand, below, :



    I'd take a break from posting until after Brexit, Herbert. You've let this thread down, you've let other posters down, but most of all, you've let yourself down.

  22. #8722

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Guided Missile View Post
    Herbert the champagne socialist demonstrates clueless subservience to a corporate led EU.

    European Commission investigation??? Read their attempt at justifying the Ford EU grant, for moving the Southampton Transit manufacturing outside the EU. I've highlighted the parts of their crock of sh!t, that helped Ford sell the layoff's to the unions, when questioned by Daniel Hannan, MEP:





    I've highlighted the turds in the answer the European Commission gave to help you (Turkey, Pre-Accession country???). I can also provide the reason for the layoffs by Ford and JLR, both announced prior to Brexit, which you should be able to understand, below, :



    I'd take a break from posting until after Brexit, Herbert. You've let this thread down, you've let other posters down, but most of all, you've let yourself down.
    To be fair mate, as a Brexiteer you've let this whole country down. I would look much closer to home before criticising others.

  23. #8723

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Rothschild and Soros HQ
    Posts
    18,167
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Guided Missile View Post
    Herbert the champagne socialist demonstrates clueless subservience to a corporate led EU.

    European Commission investigation??? Read their attempt at justifying the Ford EU grant, for moving the Southampton Transit manufacturing outside the EU. I've highlighted the parts of their crock of sh!t, that helped Ford sell the layoff's to the unions, when questioned by Daniel Hannan, MEP:





    I've highlighted the turds in the answer the European Commission gave to help you (Turkey, Pre-Accession country???). I can also provide the reason for the layoffs by Ford and JLR, both announced prior to Brexit, which you should be able to understand, below, :
    Oh dear, you dosey c**t. Talking about Slovakia and its domestic policies (which you mentioned without understanding why ) and the fact the European Commission is investigating whether they are in violation of regional state aid rules - rules that are designed to restrict good old-fashioned mercantalism and are supported by anyone who believes in market competition.

    It's not enough to be thought an idiot. You won't rest until you've proved it. Every. Single. Day.
    Last edited by shurlock; 18-12-2018 at 10:06 AM.

  24. #8724

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Rothschild and Soros HQ
    Posts
    18,167
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Unbelievable Jeff View Post
    To be fair mate, as a Brexiteer you've let this whole country down. I would look much closer to home before criticising others.
    When you know people like John voted leave -and you know how staggeringly stupid and gullible they are, you're reminded the extent to which Brexit is an act of pure folly and self-harm.

  25. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shurlock View Post
    Oh dear, you dosey c**t. Talking about Slovakia and its domestic policies (which you mentioned without understanding why ) and the fact the European Commission is investigating whether they are in violation of regional state aid rules - rules that are designed to restrict good old-fashioned mercantalism and are supported by anyone who believes in market competition.

    It's not enough to be thought an idiot. You won't rest until you've proved it. Every. Single. Day.
    I was talking about Turkey, Herbert and Transits, which the UK, (the largest market for Transits in the EU), imports now from that godforsaken country, duty free. Transits from a factory, in a non-EU country which happens to be in the EU Customs Union and was built with the help from taxes, paid by Southampton workers, that lost their jobs. The Slovakian point was not about illegal state aid, but that the JLR move had nothing to do with Brexit, but your favourite thing, money.

    Do keep up and try to defend the indefensible or you're back in the naughty corner, where you can count your money and claim to be a socialist..

  26. #8726

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Guided Missile View Post
    I was talking about Turkey, Herbert and Transits, which the UK, (the largest market for Transits in the EU), imports now from that godforsaken country, duty free. Transits from a factory, in a non-EU country which happens to be in the EU Customs Union and was built with the help from taxes, paid by Southampton workers, that lost their jobs. The Slovakian point was not about illegal state aid, but that the JLR move had nothing to do with Brexit, but your favourite thing, money.

    Do keep up and try to defend the indefensible or you're back in the naughty corner, where you can count your money and claim to be a socialist..
    Stop mentioning Shurlock's money, it sounds like you're envious.

  27. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Unbelievable Jeff View Post
    Stop mentioning Shurlock's money, it sounds like you're envious.
    I've got enough money, mate...

  28. Default

    Principles as well...

  29. #8729

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Rothschild and Soros HQ
    Posts
    18,167
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Guided Missile View Post
    I was talking about Turkey, Herbert and Transits, which the UK, (the largest market for Transits in the EU), imports now from that godforsaken country, duty free. Transits from a factory, in a non-EU country which happens to be in the EU Customs Union and was built with the help from taxes, paid by Southampton workers, that lost their jobs. The Slovakian point was not about illegal state aid, but that the JLR move had nothing to do with Brexit, but your favourite thing, money.

    Do keep up and try to defend the indefensible or you're back in the naughty corner, where you can count your money and claim to be a socialist..
    So you welcome the European Commission's investigation of Slovakia. Glad you agree with me pal. As for the closure of the Ford plant, I don't know the facts well enough -suffice to say there are other explanations that directly challenge your story.

    https://twitter.com/emporersnewc/sta...048897?lang=en

  30. #8730

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Southampton
    Posts
    12,087

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Unbelievable Jeff View Post
    To be fair mate, as a Brexiteer you've let this whole country down. I would look much closer to home before criticising others.
    So over half of the electorate who voted in the referendum have let the whole country down?

    What a stupid idea democracy is, eh, letting the thick voters decide our future, instead of allowing the well educated establishment, our betters, to decide our future.

  31. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shurlock View Post
    So you welcome the European Commission's investigation of Slovakia. Glad you agree with me pal. As for the closure of the Ford plant, I don't know the facts well enough -suffice to say there are other explanations that directly challenge your story.

    https://twitter.com/emporersnewc/sta...048897?lang=en
    An update, mug...

    https://twitter.com/robbo32/status/1052128290134212610

    "I don't know the facts well enough?" Then STFU, Herbert and stop quoting twitter as if it compensates for your ignorance. F***ing troll...

  32. #8732

    Default

    I've never really understood the line of reasoning that we need to leave the EU to stop the EU giving subsidies/loans to other countries that result in manufacturing leaving UK (for anyone that accepts that premise in the first place). Like somehow us being outside the EU won't actually result in more of it.

  33. #8733

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Rothschild and Soros HQ
    Posts
    18,167
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Guided Missile View Post
    An update, mug...

    https://twitter.com/robbo32/status/1052128290134212610

    "I don't know the facts well enough?" Then STFU, Herbert and stop quoting twitter as if it compensates for your ignorance. F***ing troll...
    An update? You mean standard jihadist vitriol by a random liverpool fan. Love your sources pal.

    Its amusing that every swivel-eyed claim on the main thread was answered with aplomb. And tbf many are the same claims that you've been mindlessly parroting.

    Hope you don't take it personally if I don't come knocking if I need advice or consultancy on Ford's strategy or the EIB little fella
    Last edited by shurlock; 18-12-2018 at 11:15 AM.

  34. #8734

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Southampton
    Posts
    12,087

    Default

    Guy Verhofstadt tweet:
    It is not the job of politicians to make the people they lead poorer, remove opportunities, rights & make lives more uncertain.
    Really Guy? So you admit that it isn't the job of the likes of you and your unelected cronies in the EU Commission to make the lives of EU citizens poorer, removing their opportunities and rights, making their lives more uncertain?

    For once, I agree with you.

  35. #8735

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Rothschild and Soros HQ
    Posts
    18,167
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wes Tender View Post
    Guy Verhofstadt tweet:


    Really Guy? So you admit that it isn't the job of the likes of you and your unelected cronies in the EU Commission to make the lives of EU citizens poorer, removing their opportunities and rights, making their lives more uncertain?

    For once, I agree with you.
    Did you ever read the balance of competences review Les?

  36. #8736

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wes Tender View Post
    Guy Verhofstadt tweet:


    Really Guy? So you admit that it isn't the job of the likes of you and your unelected cronies in the EU Commission to make the lives of EU citizens poorer, removing their opportunities and rights, making their lives more uncertain?

    For once, I agree with you.
    Explain in what ways you think he was unelected.

  37. #8737

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Unbelievable Jeff View Post
    Why does me thinking that others have been duped make me up my own arse? And what do you mean by metro elite?
    It makes you up your own arse because you think your opinion is so 'correct', that any one with an alternative one must have been duped/fooled into having that. The only other explanation you'll sometimes entertain is that it all comes down to inherit racial prejudice.

    I know lots of people like yourself.

  38. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shurlock View Post
    Hope you don't take it personally if I don't come knocking if I need advice or consultancy on Ford's strategy or the EIB little fella
    Oh, you think the Transit factory in Turkey is owned by Ford? You really don't know the facts, do you, Herbie? Knock, knock...

  39. #8739

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Rothschild and Soros HQ
    Posts
    18,167
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Guided Missile View Post
    Oh, you think the Transit factory in Turkey is owned by Ford? You really don't know the facts, do you, Herbie? Knock, knock...
    Did I say that?

    Another swing and miss

  40. #8740

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wes Tender View Post
    So over half of the electorate who voted in the referendum have let the whole country down?

    What a stupid idea democracy is, eh, letting the thick voters decide our future, instead of allowing the well educated establishment, our betters, to decide our future.
    I think that there are two Brexit voters:

    1. Those that knew what they were voting for, and voted out of spite, contempt for the common man and racist urges.
    2. Those that were so stupid they got sucked in by the lies. And racist urges.

  41. #8741

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Orange View Post
    It makes you up your own arse because you think your opinion is so 'correct', that any one with an alternative one must have been duped/fooled into having that. The only other explanation you'll sometimes entertain is that it all comes down to inherit racial prejudice.

    I know lots of people like yourself.
    Where have I said my opinion is so 'correct'? I think a number of people have been duped, and a number of people have voted from a racist point of view. I also think a number of people have voted that way as they can see the £ signs popping up if they short the companies in our economy (see JRM). The point of an opinion is that it is exactly that - an opinion. You guys are here to prove otherwise, but the two most vocal on here fit into the 2 explanations above.

    I hope you also tell those people they're up their own arse, although I doubt keyboard-warriors like yourself have the balls to do that. Also, what do you mean by 'metro elite'?

  42. #8742

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    West of Fareham
    Posts
    12,590

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Unbelievable Jeff View Post
    I think that there are two Brexit voters:

    1. Those that knew what they were voting for, and voted out of spite, contempt for the common man and racist urges.
    2. Those that were so stupid they got sucked in by the lies. And racist urges.
    They couldn't possibly just have genuine concerns over mass uncontrolled immigration?

    You have to be pretty dense to think those are the only reasons why people voted how they did.

  43. #8743

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    A little island of red&white admidst a sea of blue
    Posts
    4,012

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Unbelievable Jeff View Post
    I think that there are two Brexit voters:

    1. Those that knew what they were voting for, and voted out of spite, contempt for the common man and racist urges.
    2. Those that were so stupid they got sucked in by the lies. And racist urges.
    Whilst remainers cosy up to the EU racists???
    https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...f-racism-in-eu

    Note racism is the lowest in the UK, according to the EU themselves.

    As for the EU institutions, they are institutionally racist by their own admission:
    https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/jul/27/eu-criticised-leaving-out-ethnic-minorities-diversity-drive


    Within the European parliament, of the 776 MEPs elected in 2014, fewer than 20 are thought to be from a minority ethnic background, although no official statistics are held.

    So the evidence is clear to see. The EU is racist and anyone who supports them (according to your logic) is racist too.

  44. #8744

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aintforever View Post
    They couldn't possibly just have genuine concerns over mass uncontrolled immigration?

    You have to be pretty dense to think those are the only reasons why people voted how they did.
    That fits under the racism tag TBF. But let's run with this.

    What is your fear for mass immigration?
    Last edited by Unbelievable Jeff; 18-12-2018 at 01:38 PM.

  45. #8745

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Bognor View Post
    Whilst remainers cosy up to the EU racists???
    https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...f-racism-in-eu

    Note racism is the lowest in the UK, according to the EU themselves.

    As for the EU institutions, they are institutionally racist by their own admission:
    https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/jul/27/eu-criticised-leaving-out-ethnic-minorities-diversity-drive


    Within the European parliament, of the 776 MEPs elected in 2014, fewer than 20 are thought to be from a minority ethnic background, although no official statistics are held.

    So the evidence is clear to see. The EU is racist and anyone who supports them (according to your logic) is racist too.
    That's fine, that's why most of us Remainers have said that the EU needs massive reform.

  46. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shurlock View Post
    Did I say that?
    You're right. On reflection you said the square root of f*** all that contributed to the thread, apart from evidence of your blind defence of the EU, it's financial support of a failing US car company, a Turkish billionaire and their joint venture to build a Transit factory in Asia, at the expense of 1,500 jobs in Southampton. People wonder why factory workers throughout the UK voted Brexit. Back on ignore for you, Herbert. You have nothing of value to say and too much trolling of those smarter than you.

  47. #8747

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Bilderberg/MI5 jobshare
    Posts
    6,261

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Unbelievable Jeff View Post
    I think that there are two Brexit voters:

    1. Those that knew what they were voting for, and voted out of spite, contempt for the common man and racist urges.
    2. Those that were so stupid they got sucked in by the lies. And racist urges.
    To take this further, the reality is that Brexit for Brexiters isn’t really about the EU at all (about which the majority of them cared not a jot until 2016).

    Witness all the witless blathering by Brexiters when they pretend to be remotely interested in trade policy. Mostly they just flatly contradict themselves – arguing, on the one hand, that WTO is some kind of free trade liberation against the plain reality that it is the world’s worst-case scenario of (sometimes massively) hiked tariffs and cross-border ‘friction’; and on the other, that being in the EU is some kind of restriction of free trade, when in reality it’s the largest free-trade bloc in the world.

    So Brexiters should give it up: they really are beyond crap at this trade malarkey, and it’s all a total chirade anyway. They can’t even name a single EU law they’d escape from that would make their lives better.

    Brexit is really about the destruction of an inclusive society, and that destruction is being vigorously pursued by angry, fearful, predominantly old, ‘English-born-and-bred’ whites. The Brexit slogan of ‘taking back control’ is little more than code for demands for white rights – ‘controlling our borders’ is all about slamming the door on immigrants of all kinds and threatening those that are already here.

    Some of these threats are official government policy – the forced impoverishment and deportation of old, Afro-Caribbean-born British citizens, the ‘Go Home’ vans sent by May into immigrant-populated neighbourhoods., and May’s derogatory labels for immigrants – citizens from nowhere and queue jumpers. And some of these threats have become, since 2016, increasingly a part of everyday life for many who have the sheer nerve to have a foreign accent or the wrong coloured skin.

    So we can debate about how many versions of Brexit there are, and, yes, there are really only two common types of the more bellicose Brexiter: racists, and enablers of racists.

  48. #8748

    Default

    But at least we'll see a fall in immigration and be able to control immigration like we do with non-EU immigration.

    https://www.ft.com/content/f834ace6-...0-57a2a826423e

    Hang on a minute...

  49. #8749

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    West of Fareham
    Posts
    12,590

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Unbelievable Jeff View Post
    That fits under the racism tag TBF. But let's run with this.

    What is your fear for mass immigration?
    I don't have any fears thanks, I have a good job and nice detached house in a leafy part of Hampshire so it doesn't really effect me negatively. I can understand some people's concerns though, try thinking a bit harder you might get there.

  50. #8750

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Sunny Shirley
    Posts
    1,900

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Unbelievable Jeff View Post
    But at least we'll see a fall in immigration and be able to control immigration like we do with non-EU immigration.

    https://www.ft.com/content/f834ace6-...0-57a2a826423e

    Hang on a minute...
    Of course the person in charge of non-EU immigration for 5 years was one Theresa May and she did sod all.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •