• Leave Before - Leave Now
    • Leave Before - Remain Now
    • Leave Before - Not Bothered Now
    • Remain Before - Remain Now
    • Remain Before - Leave Now
    • Remain Before - Not Bothered Now
    • Not Bothered Before - Leave Now
    • Not Bothered Before - Remain Now
    • I've never been bothered - Why am I on this Thread?
    • No second Ref - 2016 was Definitive and Binding

I read an interesting article the other day that said that even if the commons approves the withdrawal agreement, primary legislation (ie an Act of Parliament) would need to be passed in order for it to be validly entered into.

This is is largely due to section 31(5) of the Taxation (Cross Border Trade) Act 2018. This act specifically provides that a customs union with the EU can’t be entered into without primary legislation (whereas other customs unions can be entered into by an Order in Council). This was an amendment made to pacify the ERG last year.

There are other pro-hard Brexit amendments scattered around various acts.

In other words, if May leaves it too late in presenting Parliament with a take it or leave it choice then even if they “take it”, there’s a risk that a hard Brexit would technically happen by accident. Which would obviously lead to all sorts of potential fun and games.

:lol:

Where do you find these characters pal?

What more could I expect from you as a response? Ignore your own personal bile for a second and concentrate on the content if you are even remotely capable. He refers to the details an article he read that had appeared on the Bruges Group website, making allegations of a stitch up sell-out of Brexit between May and Merkel. For whatever reason, that has been pulled. I wouldn't be in the least surprised if there was truth in it, but now that it has surfaced, no doubt there will be some fevered attempts to establish its veracity, and if it is true, equally fevered attempts to bury it. As I said, political dynamite if substantiated.

What more could I expect from you as a response? Ignore your own personal bile for a second and concentrate on the content if you are even remotely capable. He refers to the details an article he read that had appeared on the Bruges Group website, making allegations of a stitch up sell-out of Brexit between May and Merkel. For whatever reason, that has been pulled. I wouldn't be in the least surprised if there was truth in it, but now that it has surfaced, no doubt there will be some fevered attempts to establish its veracity, and if it is true, equally fevered attempts to bury it. As I said, political dynamite if substantiated.

The substance of the withdrawal agreement was agreed back in December 2017, not July 2018. So the dates are completely wrong for starters. The swivels still commit the basic fallacy of thinking that Chequers has some kind of independent force rather than being for internal show. The EU couldn't care less about it -that's why vague references to it are relegated to the nonbinding, political declaration.

Still my favourite line "its just a pity that the author of the Bruges Group article cannot provide sourced documents for the claims". Meanwhile the article has been pulled from the website :lol:

Edited by shurlock

That red curtain looks like a prop from a Hammer Productions. Good ole Les.

Have you researched John Petley, the supposed source of the 'leak'? He works as a finance administrator in a minor economics consultancy, fourth in the pecking order out of a team of seven

:lol: Degree in music and a diploma in Applied Theology from Moorlands Bible College! Obviously well connected at the very top of the EU

https://www.mv-pt.org/our-people

Edited by buctootim

That red curtain looks like a prop from a Hammer Productions. Good ole Les.

Christ that video is funny - and so cringeworthy you can't watch it anywhere but from behind a sofa.

And that's quite aside from its being utter bullsh it, of course.

Still my favourite line "its just a pity that the author of the Bruges Group article cannot provide sourced documents for the claims". Meanwhile the article has been pulled from the website :lol:

As usual, you do not listen to the comment in its entirety, or deliberately don't quote it accurately. Quel Surprise!

For your benefit, the missing words after "claims", are "because of the sensitivity of the source".

As to the reasons why the article was pulled, who knows? They called it a draft and stated that it would be reworked and updated and that they hoped to publish it again as soon as it is ready.

In the meantime, it is futile shooting the messenger and denigrating the source of the article at present, as it could well come to pass that if there is indeed solid foundations to it, you lot are going look pretty stupid.

As usual, you do not listen to the comment in its entirety, or deliberately don't quote it accurately. Quel Surprise!

For your benefit, the missing words after "claims", are "because of the sensitivity of the source".

As to the reasons why the article was pulled, who knows? They called it a draft and stated that it would be reworked and updated and that they hoped to publish it again as soon as it is ready.

In the meantime, it is futile shooting the messenger and denigrating the source of the article at present, as it could well come to pass that if there is indeed solid foundations to it, you lot are going look pretty stupid.

That's right the author cannot substantiate his claims because Merkel's going to order a hit on our financial administrator-cum-bible salesman and his source who's currently in a safehouse in Clacton-on-Sea :lol:

Les, as you literally have the kool aid injected into your eyeballs, can you explain what other snippets of info that have come out since Chequers corroborate this account. Jeff the undertaker alludes to there being plenty of corroborating info.

Btw its quelle surprise pal :smug:

An interesting conspiracy theory about May's really bad deal that is worse than no deal.

If there is any truth in this, then it is political dynamite.

Dragging out that ****ing idiot out is an absolute hoot! Lol at the comments under the video as well. Funny if wasn't the rantings of right wing conspiracy theorist and was actually true. Would be fun watching Gammons exploding with rage across the country! BOOM!

“John Petley on Tuesday, 05 March 2019 13:58

Without links, etc, I can appreciate your caution. However, giving away too much detail could put people at risk. The person who has seen it is a Brexit supporter in a foreign country whose reliability I trust. He has a contact who has provided him access to these transcripts but who would face very serious disciplinary issues if any attempt was made to provide unauthorised copies of them. Subsequent to receiving these details, my contact has passed on to me other pieces of information from the same source which have then been reported in the UK press a day or two later, so I am confident of the reliability of what has been posted here. I would love to have been sent actual copies of the transcripts, but if I had been, the national media would have been very interested and we would probably have a new PM by now. I appreciate that my answer isn’t fully satisfactory but what is posted here does to me seem completely consistent with the PM’s behaviour since Chequers, although I believe she has underestimated the strength of feeling against the EU in her own party – both MPs and grassroots activists.”

And here is another response to criticism:

“John Petley on Tuesday, 05 March 2019 17:26

MY source is dependent on a contact of his who, in even allowing him to see the transcription, was taking a great risk. To have provided a copy of it would have been one step too far – just too dangerous. Please see my reply to “Moraymint” below. I would love to be able to unearth a copy of the transcription. Perhaps an investigative journalist might succeed where us ordinary folk end up hitting the buffer stops.”

“John Petley on Tuesday, 05 March 2019 13:58

Without links, etc, I can appreciate your caution. However, giving away too much detail could put people at risk. The person who has seen it is a Brexit supporter in a foreign country whose reliability I trust. He has a contact who has provided him access to these transcripts but who would face very serious disciplinary issues if any attempt was made to provide unauthorised copies of them. Subsequent to receiving these details, my contact has passed on to me other pieces of information from the same source which have then been reported in the UK press a day or two later, so I am confident of the reliability of what has been posted here. I would love to have been sent actual copies of the transcripts, but if I had been, the national media would have been very interested and we would probably have a new PM by now. I appreciate that my answer isn’t fully satisfactory but what is posted here does to me seem completely consistent with the PM’s behaviour since Chequers, although I believe she has underestimated the strength of feeling against the EU in her own party – both MPs and grassroots activists.”

And here is another response to criticism:

“John Petley on Tuesday, 05 March 2019 17:26

MY source is dependent on a contact of his who, in even allowing him to see the transcription, was taking a great risk. To have provided a copy of it would have been one step too far – just too dangerous. Please see my reply to “Moraymint” below. I would love to be able to unearth a copy of the transcription. Perhaps an investigative journalist might succeed where us ordinary folk end up hitting the buffer stops.”

To sum up. Petley hasn't seen a transcript. A contact of Petley says he has seen a transcript. That supposed transcript was supposedly shown to him by a contact of his.

Wes. Im a contact of yours. I think you're gullible. My contact has provided me with a transcript of a conversation Boris had with unicorn.

To sum up. Petley hasn't seen a transcript. A contact of Petley says he has seen a transcript. That supposed transcript was supposedly shown to him by a contact of his.

Wes. Im a contact of yours. I think you're gullible. My contact has provided me with a transcript of a conversation Boris had with unicorn.

You're not a contact of mine. You're an anonymous poster on a football forum and I wouldn't know you from Adam if I bumped into you in the street. Just to imagine a potentially parallel situation, somebody was sat close to Ollie Robbins in a Brussels bar, overheard him shooting his mouth off about the Government's Brexit strategy and told a close friend about it, who happened to be a journalist.

You know nothing about who John Petley's source was, or whether he himself is a reliable source of information. As a bible thumper, Petley ought to be a pretty straight up guy, but then May is a vicar's daughter and lies all the time, so I won't base my opinion of his plausibility on that.

Edited by Wes Tender

You're not a contact of mine. You're an anonymous poster on a football forum and I wouldn't know you from Adam if I bumped into you in the street.

You know nothing about who John Petley's source was, or whether he himself is a reliable source of information.

Thats the whole point. We are in contact, so I'm a contact of yours. Contacts can be anything and mean nothing. Something read by a contact of a contact means even less

Thats the whole point. We are in contact, so I'm a contact of yours. Contacts can be anything and mean nothing. Something read by a contact of a contact means even less

Exactly - we're all contacts on here. For instance, one of my contacts on here was going to introduce me to one of his Billionaire clients. Unfortunately it never happened in the end...

Much love Tim! X

Exactly - we're all contacts on here. For instance, one of my contacts on here was going to introduce me to one of his Billionaire clients. Unfortunately it never happened in the end...

Much love Tim! X

I had something like that!! Cried off because momma couldnt make it or something! ;)

:lol:

Where do you find these characters pal?

What a horrible nasty bloke. Sums up the Tommy Robinson dominated UKIP these days when it is now too extreme for even Farage.

It is quite funny that people believe this trash. Perhaps the funniest bit is when horrible nasty bloke states that UKIP's leader wants the ex Labour MP Fiona Onasanya to be subject to a recall petition. Wow !! Gerald Batten wants a recall !! The fact that the Speaker John Bercow and the Labour party also want a recall has missed horrible nasty bloke completely.

I think that Bercow and the Labour party have more clout than the leader of a racist group of nutters which is UKIP these days.

Edited by Tamesaint

What a horrible nasty bloke. Sums up the Tommy Robinson dominated UKIP these days when it is now too extreme for even Farage.

It is quite funny that people believe this trash. Perhaps the funniest bit is when horrible nasty bloke states that UKIP's leader wants the ex Labour MP Fiona Onasanya to be subject to a recall petition. Wow !! Gerald Batten wants a recall !! The fact that the Speaker John Bercow and the Labour party also want a recall has missed horrible nasty bloke completely.

I think that Bercow and the Labour party have more clout than the leader of a racist group of nutters which is UKIP these days.

Here is a bit of info on the horrible nasty bloke:-

I served in the Royal Navy for twenty-five marvellous years, leaving with the rank of Lieutenant Commander. During my naval career, I saw service in the 1982 Falklands War (HMS Sheffield) as well as serving on the ground wearing the UN blue beret during the aftermath of the break-up of the Former Republic of Yugoslavia. I spent my final three years in the RN as the nuclear deterrent operational planning officer in the London headquarters.

On leaving the RN I became an NHS senior manager for some years prior to qualifying as a financial and mortgage advisor and gaining a law degree from the Open University.

I also co-own and edit The Economic Voice, an online news resource.

I am a proud father and grandfather of three daughters and three grandsons!

A young 59 years old, I believe in keeping active so can be found three or four evenings a week in my local gym.

Together with a bachelor’s degree in law, I have a post-graduate diploma in management studies, a certificate in social sciences and am a member of the Chartered Management Institute.

Seems a perfectly decent sort of bloke to me, so he must only be horrible to you because he has a different point of view over Brexit. Narrow minded or what? Ironically, because you have encountered him on here, he becomes a contact for Timmy and Jeff, Jeff especially, as they share the same first name and according to you, he is also unbelievable. :lol:

Here is a bit of info on the horrible nasty bloke:-

I served in the Royal Navy for twenty-five marvellous years, leaving with the rank of Lieutenant Commander. During my naval career, I saw service in the 1982 Falklands War (HMS Sheffield) as well as serving on the ground wearing the UN blue beret during the aftermath of the break-up of the Former Republic of Yugoslavia. I spent my final three years in the RN as the nuclear deterrent operational planning officer in the London headquarters.

On leaving the RN I became an NHS senior manager for some years prior to qualifying as a financial and mortgage advisor and gaining a law degree from the Open University.

I also co-own and edit The Economic Voice, an online news resource.

I am a proud father and grandfather of three daughters and three grandsons!

A young 59 years old, I believe in keeping active so can be found three or four evenings a week in my local gym.

Together with a bachelor’s degree in law, I have a post-graduate diploma in management studies, a certificate in social sciences and am a member of the Chartered Management Institute.

Seems a perfectly decent sort of bloke to me, so he must only be horrible to you because he has a different point of view over Brexit. Narrow minded or what? Ironically, because you have encountered him on here, he becomes a contact for Timmy and Jeff, Jeff especially, as they share the same first name and according to you, he is also unbelievable. :lol:

I guess that you are right. I don't care how many grandchildren he has I consider the political beliefs of any bloke who is an apologist for Gerald Batten and the current incarnation of UKIP to be abhorrent. Do you also support the beliefs of Batten's adviser Yaxeley - Lennon aka Tommy Robinson?

It is no longer a question of differing views on Brexit. The fact that Farage, Suzanne Evans and many others have now left UKIP demonstrates that it now represents a nasty right wing faction way beyond Brexit. I am surprised that you support them.

I guess that you are right. I don't care how many grandchildren he has I consider the political beliefs of any bloke who is an apologist for Gerald Batten and the current incarnation of UKIP to be abhorrent. Do you also support the beliefs of Batten's adviser Yaxeley - Lennon aka Tommy Robinson?

It is no longer a question of differing views on Brexit. The fact that Farage, Suzanne Evans and many others have now left UKIP demonstrates that it now represents a nasty right wing faction way beyond Brexit. I am surprised that you support them.

Quite. Yet again, Wes Tender puts a bomb under his own argument. The fact that someone can have that much variety of experience and still come out with that conspiracy-driven nonsense makes him an even worse bigot.

Our Wes will deny being a kipper by the way. He gets away with it because he will tell you how he voted in general elections (Tory) but omit how he voted in EU elections (kipper).

No longer a question of different views on Brexit? :lol: Do grow up. The country is split almost down the middle and cross party over Brexit. I find myself with some strange bedfellows on the issue, the likes of George Galloway and the Communist Party and several Labour MPs past and present. As I said, you are narrow minded, condemning the opinions of any individual solely because of their political affiliations.

Leaving aside his political affiliations and accepting that the leave and remain camps comprise people from across the political spectrum, what is it that you would otherwise hold against him apart from him being a leaver?

Quite. Yet again, Wes Tender puts a bomb under his own argument. The fact that someone can have that much variety of experience and still come out with that conspiracy-driven nonsense makes him an even worse bigot.

Our Wes will deny being a kipper by the way. He gets away with it because he will tell you how he voted in general elections (Tory) but omit how he voted in EU elections (kipper).

What conspiracy driven nonsense? He generally comes out with a reasonably sensible assessment of the current developments and their implications. Your infantile insinuations and accusations on the other hand, paint you as a bitter and twisted individual, lashing out at anybody who disagrees with you. Viewing his opinions against your posts, makes him appear quite a balanced and mature person by comparison.

If you choose not to accept that I am a Conservative, despite being a Party member since I was 19, then fill your boots. Your opinions don't bother me. Water off a duck's back, old man.

What don't I like about him ?? I told you above - he is an apologist for UKIP leader Gerald Batten quoting him and his demands over Fiona Onasanya as if he was some sort of political guru and not the leader of an extreme right wing nasty little party. Any party leader that requires the advice of Yaxeley Lennon is beneath contempt and the same goes for his supporters.

Don't just take my word for it. Farage , Evans and others are leaving the party because they recognise that UKIP is no longer just a pro Brexit party. I disliked this bloke's Brexit views but I did not abhor him because of those. I called him nasty and horrible because of his clear admiration of Batten.

Your trouble is that you are so obsessed by Brexit that you see everything in terms of Brexit. You have lost all sense of proportion. The sheer number of your posts on this thread demonstrates your obsession. This , I suspect, is why Sherlock, Jeff and others so easily rinse you on the topic of Brexit. From time to time you take a break from this thread - I wonder if that is due to medical advice. It cannot be good for your blood pressure to be so obsessed on discussing Brexit with football fans on a footie forum.

What don't I like about him ?? I told you above - he is an apologist for UKIP leader Gerald Batten quoting him and his demands over Fiona Onasanya as if he was some sort of political guru and not the leader of an extreme right wing nasty little party. Any party leader that requires the advice of Yaxeley Lennon is beneath contempt and the same goes for his supporters.

Don't just take my word for it. Farage , Evans and others are leaving the party because they recognise that UKIP is no longer just a pro Brexit party. I disliked this bloke's Brexit views but I did not abhor him because of those. I called him nasty and horrible because of his clear admiration of Batten.

Your trouble is that you are so obsessed by Brexit that you see everything in terms of Brexit. You have lost all sense of proportion. The sheer number of your posts on this thread demonstrates your obsession. This , I suspect, is why Sherlock, Jeff and others so easily rinse you on the topic of Brexit. From time to time you take a break from this thread - I wonder if that is due to medical advice. It cannot be good for your blood pressure to be so obsessed on discussing Brexit with football fans on a footie forum.

Comprehension failure? I asked you to leave aside his political affiliations when discussing what you didn't like about him otherwise.

And in the interests of showing some balance, a handful of Tories and several Labour MPs have deserted those parties to form the so-called Independent Group. What are your views on whether they should have the decency to resign as MPs and fight by-elections if they had any shred of decency and morality? Taylor is a UKIP Councillor, and regardless of your opinion, at least he hasn't ratted on his voters, like they did. And where UKIP has lurched further to the right since the departure of Farage, Labour has lurched further to the left with the appointment of the Marxist Corbyn as leader and the rise of Momentum. There will be further seismic shifts in British politics if Brexit isn't delivered properly and the growth of populist support in the UK will mirror that which has already manifested itself in many of the EU member states.

Regarding my blood pressure, it is entirely normal, thank you. But I am very touched by your concern for my health.

No comprehension failure on my part although there is clearly one on yours.You fail to understand that politics is not just about Brexit. I would not call a Brexit leaver nasty and horrible just believe they are leavers. I do not consider you to be nasty and horrible just because you support Brexit. I do abhor apologists for Batten and his advisor Yaxeley Lennon like this bloke. Do you understand now ???

I notice that you haven't answered whether you support the views of Batten's advisor Yaxeley Lennon and the current direction of UKIP . Do you ?

No comprehension failure on my part although there is clearly one on yours.You fail to understand that politics is not just about Brexit. I would not call a Brexit leaver nasty and horrible just believe they are leavers. I do not consider you to be nasty and horrible just because you support Brexit. I do abhor apologists for Batten and his advisor Yaxeley Lennon like this bloke. Do you understand now ???

I notice that you haven't answered whether you support the views of Batten's advisor Yaxeley Lennon and the current direction of UKIP . Do you ?

I fail to understand that politics is not just about Brexit? :lol: Just because I post opinions on Brexit on a thread titled "Post EU - The way Forward"? All your posts on this thread are about Brexit to, aren't they? You're clearly obsessed with it yourself. :p

I have listened to Taylor's video again and don't see how mentioning the leader of the party that he is an elected Councillor for makes him an apologist for him. If I mention May in a post, does that make me an apologist for her? I also have never seen Taylor express any thoughts on Tommy Robinson, so neither can claim him to be an apologist for him too. To answer your question, although the reasons for asking it are a bit feeble, UKIP has not been the same since Farage left it, and yes it was a mistake to allow Robinson to join.

But I'm level-headed enough to accept that there are plenty of members of UKIP who are perfectly normal, decent people and who also have reservations about the leadership of their party. Why, even I have strong opinions about the lack of qualities and abilities of the leader of my own party and I'm sure that there are plenty of members of the other parties who aren't happy with their leaders too.

You on the other hand, appear to be blinkered enough to lump together everybody who is a UKIP supporter and assume that they do not have the same variety of opinions and factions within the party as any other political party, for some reason. I don't see anything particular extreme about Taylor's opinions or his background, so I would put him on the moderate wing of UKIP

Anyway, UKIP aren't my party and if the two main parties hope to continue to dominate British politics, they had better deliver an acceptable Brexit. If it is delayed seriously, fudged or cancelled, then Farage, and UKIP will become a serious electoral threat to them again.

You on the other hand, appear to be blinkered enough to lump together everybody who is a UKIP supporter and assume that they do not have the same variety of opinions and factions within the party as any other political party, for some reason. I don't see anything particular extreme about Taylor's opinions or his background, so I would put him on the moderate wing of UKIP

Says the 'moderate' Euro-voting kipper who endorses Jew-hating conspiracy theories, doesn't 'like' 'the Arabs' and gets offended at the opinions of brown people. Besides, what exactly is the moderate wing of an extremist party? If you're it, then - as ever - you've put a bomb under your own argument.

Anyway, UKIP aren't my party and if the two main parties hope to continue to dominate British politics, they had better deliver an acceptable Brexit. If it is delayed seriously, fudged or cancelled, then Farage, and UKIP will become a serious electoral threat to them again.

Except they ARE your party in Euro elections because of your swivel-eyed urge to stick it to the evil EU (although you've never once been able to say how the EU have impacted your life in any negative way). And tell me again how any elections to parliament Farage has won?

I fail to understand.

Well there is always that.

Says the 'moderate' Euro-voting kipper who endorses Jew-hating conspiracy theories, doesn't 'like' 'the Arabs' and gets offended at the opinions of brown people. Besides, what exactly is the moderate wing of an extremist party? If you're it, then - as ever - you've put a bomb under your own argument.

Except they ARE your party in Euro elections because of your swivel-eyed urge to stick it to the evil EU (although you've never once been able to say how the EU have impacted your life in any negative way). And tell me again how any elections to parliament Farage has won?

Well there is always that.

*yawn*

This is turning into quite a surreal, double facepalm moment. I try to understand what Wes Tender has been saying over his last few posts but quite frankly it is not easy.

I started this exchange of views by making an observation about comments made by the horrible, nasty bloke about the ex Labour MP Fiona Onasanya and how he bigged up the views of the UKIP leader. Wes's Brexit obsession, which he refuses to accept, makes that a post about Brexit ("all {my} posts on this thread are about Brexit ") . Eh ?? Where is there a Brexit connection with Onasanya ??

His posts bring in loads of non sequiturs about the Independent Group, Corbyn and Marxism and claim that the Gerald Batten / Tommy Robinson anti Islam UKIP party has a moderate wing. He knows an awful lot about horrible,nasty bloke and thinks he is reasonable ... but apparently he is not a kipper. It is almost as if a random phrase generator makes up what he writes. Funnily enough more than one of his posts end with child like threats about a potential "seismic" event in British politics if Brexit fails.

To get back to the basics … I believe that UKIP these days is a horrible, nasty anti Islamic party of bigots. Unlike major political parties it is not a broad church of people with similar but differing opinions. Don't have to take my word for it - spend 5 minutes googling the recent comments by the likes of Farage, Coburn and Nuttall about Batten's UKIP. The normal,decent people are giving way to the anti Islamic Tommy Robinson types. If you don't believe me spend a few minutes googling the recent change in UKIP membership since it became an anti Islamic party. Anybody who quotes Gerald Batten as if he is a political guru , who according to Wes is still a UKIP councillor and who has not left the right wing extremist party deserves to be called horrible and nasty.

Edited by Tamesaint

The euro has plunged to a 21-month low after the European Central Bank (ECB) unveiled plans for fresh stimulus to revive eurozone growth and warned investors that interests rates will remain ultra-low for longer.

The ECB surprised markets by announcing a new round of targeted longer-term refinancing operations (TLTRO), offering banks more cheap loans to encourage lending in the struggling region. The central bank also revised its guidance on interest rates, warning that investors will be waiting until at least the end of 2019 for the first hike. The new stimulus comes just months after the central bank ended its quantitative easing programme. It slashed its forecasts for the eurozone, expecting growth to slow to just 1.1pc in 2019, down from December's forecast of 1.7pc. The euro slid sharply after the ECB delivered its gloomy outlook for the region, plunging 0.9pc to $1.1206 versus the dollar, a 21-month low. :lol:

Mr Draghi is asked why he did not wait for more clarity on some of the "uncertainties" weighing on the economy, such as Brexit. "In a dark room you move with tiny steps, you don't run but you do move," he replies, pointing out that growth is expected to deteriorate this year.

blindman584.jpg?w=584&h=390

Eurozone, ECB, Deutsche Bank blah blah blah. Christ I'd rather listen to Vanessa Feltz drone on about her menopause than endure this insufferable halfwit.

In a far more interesting development, the EU has offered May a ‘unilateral exit’ but only on the condition that the backstop would still apply to NI.

This is turning into quite a surreal, double facepalm moment. I try to understand what Wes Tender has been saying over his last few posts but quite frankly it is not easy.

Give it up then. It doesn't bother me.

I started this exchange of views by making an observation about comments made by the horrible, nasty bloke about the ex Labour MP Fiona Onasanya and how he bigged up the views of the UKIP leader. Wes's Brexit obsession, which he refuses to accept, makes that a post about Brexit ("all {my} posts on this thread are about Brexit ") . Eh ?? Where is there a Brexit connection with Onasanya ??

Where did I mention Onasanya? I didn't. You are the one who brought her into it :mcinnes:

His posts bring in loads of non sequiturs about the Independent Group, Corbyn and Marxism and claim that the Gerald Batten / Tommy Robinson anti Islam UKIP party has a moderate wing. He knows an awful lot about horrible,nasty bloke and thinks he is reasonable ... but apparently he is not a kipper. It is almost as if a random phrase generator makes up what he writes. Funnily enough more than one of his posts end with child like threats about a potential "seismic" event in British politics if Brexit fails.

You're all over the place. Go and sit down in a quiet corner. Every official UK political party has a moderate and an extreme wing, it is just a question of degree. I only know about Taylor's background from Googling him. Tell me where in your opinion he appears to be anything other than a perfectly normal bloke, apart from his political affiliation? As I said, you are too blinkered to accept that not everybody in UKIP is a lunatic extremist. Where did I say that is not a kipper? Correct, I didn't. Expressing an opinion that there might be seismic repercussions if Brexit fails is apparently a childish threat? :lol: Who am I threatening exactly?

To get back to the basics … I believe that UKIP these days is a horrible, nasty anti Islamic party of bigots. Unlike major political parties it is not a broad church of people with similar but differing opinions. Don't have to take my word for it - spend 5 minutes googling the recent comments by the likes of Farage, Coburn and Nuttall about Batten's UKIP. The normal,decent people are giving way to the anti Islamic Tommy Robinson types. If you don't believe me spend a few minutes googling the recent change in UKIP membership since it became an anti Islamic party. Anybody who quotes Gerald Batten as if he is a political guru , who according to Wes is still a UKIP councillor and who has not left the right wing extremist party deserves to be called horrible and nasty.

You're entitled to your narrow minded opinion. As I already said, if you're going take the view that every single person who is a member of UKIP, or votes for them must be horrible nasty people, then I'm afraid to have to tell you that you that when you are out and about, they are all around you without you even knowing it. Scary, eh?

Depends what the alternative might be surely.

The swivels have been predicting the demise of May for nearly two years - they've wasted good money on the outcome yet have been proven wrong time and time again. While I don't see her going her anywhere, if she does leave (not totally inconceivable), it'll be because of pressure from Tories who want a closer relationship with Europe, not the headbanger Brexiters who predictably swung and missed when they triggered a vote of no confidence and neutered themselves in the process.

Edited by shurlock

You're entitled to your narrow minded opinion. As I already said, if you're going take the view that every single person who is a member of UKIP, or votes for them must be horrible nasty people, then I'm afraid to have to tell you that you that when you are out and about, they are all around you without you even knowing it. Scary, eh?

Whoops. The random phrase generator is going into overdrive here. Looks like it is overheating.

The euro has plunged to a 21-month low after the European Central Bank (ECB) unveiled plans for fresh stimulus to revive eurozone growth and warned investors that interests rates will remain ultra-low for longer.

The ECB surprised markets by announcing a new round of targeted longer-term refinancing operations (TLTRO), offering banks more cheap loans to encourage lending in the struggling region. The central bank also revised its guidance on interest rates, warning that investors will be waiting until at least the end of 2019 for the first hike. The new stimulus comes just months after the central bank ended its quantitative easing programme. It slashed its forecasts for the eurozone, expecting growth to slow to just 1.1pc in 2019, down from December's forecast of 1.7pc. The euro slid sharply after the ECB delivered its gloomy outlook for the region, plunging 0.9pc to $1.1206 versus the dollar, a 21-month low. :lol:

We're not in, and are not going to be in the ****ing Euro. I'm really not sure what your obsession with it is, it's irrelevant.

• Lighthouse changed the title to Brexit - Post Match Reaction