• Leave Before - Leave Now
    • Leave Before - Remain Now
    • Leave Before - Not Bothered Now
    • Remain Before - Remain Now
    • Remain Before - Leave Now
    • Remain Before - Not Bothered Now
    • Not Bothered Before - Leave Now
    • Not Bothered Before - Remain Now
    • I've never been bothered - Why am I on this Thread?
    • No second Ref - 2016 was Definitive and Binding

I don't think anyone here is getting excited about it, except you.

I voted leave, I am sure I am not getting excited over a stay petition, but ofc I wouldn't expect you to get that, you seem to think every one who voted leave now wants to stay and give NI away to the EU even though they voted to leave.

Don't know what we will do with out Lettice German cars and tomatoes. just be glad they are not our biggest trading partner.

Bexy,

I alone have 5 email addys, I can sign with all 5 using bogus names and the exact same postcode for all of them, I can also click the emails as they arrive on my phone one by one as all 5 emails accounts are link to my phone and my pc, that's 5 votes for 1 person, there we go, its now invalid, this is why it wont be counted, I can aslo bounce my ip around the UK thanks to VPN's. its also possible t make a bot to do every thing I can do to sign a petition, nothing is impossible when no human to human contact is needed.

The petition counts for nothing and is so capable of manipulation...I voted 4 times. That said, it's no more or less legally binding than the referendum, and at least it comes from a position of knowledge rather than the boll0x spouted pre referendum.

It has to be seen as a statement at a moment in time and as such to gather over 4m (and counting) votes in a couple of days is something that cannot be ignored. It isnt directly comparable to the referendum but it isnt as widely available or as publicised as the referendum. There also isnt a balancing option of an equivalent leave question.

As the number grows (and to say "let me know when it hits 17.4m" is a shallow response) it becomes harder to ignore

I voted leave, I am sure I am not getting excited over a stay petition, but ofc I wouldn't expect you to get that, you seem to think every one who voted leave now wants to stay and give NI away to the EU even though they voted to leave.

Don't know what we will do with out Lettice German cars and tomatoes. just be glad they are not our biggest trading partner.

Bexy,

I alone have 5 email addys, I can sign with all 5 using bogus names and the exact same postcode for all of them, I can also click the emails as they arrive on my phone one by one as all 5 emails accounts are link to my phone and my pc, that's 5 votes for 1 person, there we go, its now invalid, this is why it wont be counted, I can aslo bounce my ip around the UK thanks to VPN's. its also possible t make a bot to do every thing I can do to sign a petition, nothing is impossible when no human to human contact is needed.

Jeez, humble brag on the email addresses!

Leave or remain has no bearing on whether you'd get excited about something. You are clearly getting quite excited about it, just due to the amount you're posting about it.

Point me to a place where I "seem to think every one who voted leave now wants to stay and give NI away to the EU even though they voted to leave."

Bexy,

You may have loads of email addresses but your knowledge of the facts is pitifully poor.

Northern Ireland voted to remain in the referendum.

Perhaps your lack of knowledge of basic facts explains why your predictions are so wrong.

You seem to think every one who voted leave now wants to stay and give NI away to the EU even though they voted to leave.

I hate to break it to you but N Ireland voted to remain. The DUP are hardly representative and are so extreme that they made the IRA look moderate. (The latter signed the Good Friday agreement; the former refused).

Bexy,

NI voted to remain by 56% to 44% you absolute thicko.

In amongst all this Benji this morning had an excellent view.

A public enquiry could go on far past the leave date and really it’s been handled very badly by a remainers as the leader, bad move. Benji is neutral although must have voted one way or another. It would be best now for another vote or a leaver to negotiate not Mrs May, it’s all short term it’s now, next week etc, this is not British let’s be honest, we are planners.

You mean like I said in my first post on the issue?

Funny how those Corbyn lovers at the Sun have him down as highest odds to be next PM

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/3761507/who-next-prime-minister-theresa-may-resign-election-latest/

What?? Since you got your inheritance have you bothered doing any brain training, or are you just letting it go to mush? I always remember you as being a little bit brighter than you've come across recently.

Edited by Unbelievable Jeff

so that's 1 million people who turned up to march for a second referendum in London yesterday

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/brexit/one-million-people-join-march-to-demand-second-eu-referendum/ar-BBV8Lkb?ocid=spartandhp

and err 200 people who turned up for Farage's Brexit ramble

https://inews.co.uk/news/brexit/remain-campaigners-heckle-nigel-farage-as-only-200-turn-up-for-his-march-for-brexit/

So that's 1 million, 200 people who have wasted an entire Saturday to march for / against something that has already been rejected in the HoC.

Difference is that leave marchers had to pay £50 for the pleasure of marching (unlike remain). Chumps.

In other news, the author of the revoke Article 50 petition has received numerous death threats. Wonder if piano wire is involved :lol:

Difference is that leave marchers had to pay £50 for the pleasure of marching (unlike remain). Chumps.

In other news, the author of the revoke Article 50 petition has received numerous death threats. Wonder if piano wire is involved :lol:

While there are nutters on both sides of the debate leave does seem to attract the truly special ones I mean what **** sends death threats to a 77 year old lady...

Margaret Georgiadou, 77, who set up the petition, later revealed she has received death threats and her Facebook account has been hacked.

Edited by doddisalegend

In other news, the author of the revoke Article 50 petition has received numerous death threats. Wonder if piano wire is involved [emoji38]

They weren't death threats, just people pointing out that one day she will definitely die it was by no means a threat at all just a completely objective observation nobody was endorsing her death try and get that to penetrate your cranium etc etc etc.

What?? Since you got your inheritance have you bothered doing any brain training, or are you just letting it go to mush? I always remember you as being a little bit brighter than you've come across recently.

OK ok my 2nd post smartiepants

Not quite sure what you are talking about otherwise.

So that's 1 million, 200 people who have wasted an entire Saturday to march for / against something that has already been rejected in the HoC.

Doubt many would say wasted, as its quite an enjoyable feeling to get out for a nice walk and exercise your rights.

Hardly surprising, this is 2019 where keyboard warriors are threatening to kill people over X-Factoe results.

This might be taken a bit more seriously. After all, we've already had one remainer MP murdered by a mad Brexiter.

Besides, these weren't keyboard warriors. They were people who'd worked out her address and phone number, and made the threats themselves over the phone.

So it's a bit more serious than some raging lunatics threatening people, via a football forum, with piano-wire garrottes or to leave remainers with 'rearranged' faces.

In general though, violence is very much a Brexiter thing.

During the referendum campaign I often felt that one of the advantages that the Leavers had over Remainers was passion. They really hated the EU. People like Farage, Redwood, Cash etc had spent their entire political lives campaigning against the EU and weren't going to give up this opportunity to convince voters to leave. Remain on the other hand had the likes of Dismal Dave Cameron and gormless Osborne. They gave the impression that they didn't really like the EU but it was sort of better than nothing. There was no passion for the EU amongst Remainers.

This weekend's march and the online petition (5.1 million now and still growing, brainbox Mosin if you are reading) are helping to redress the balance. It is the Remainers who now have the passion whilst it is the Leavers who are starting to look insipid. Has anyone else seen the pathetic 200 strong march led by Farage??

Whether this will mean much is the big question. The horse has already bolted and the passion and enthusiasm for the EU may well have come too late to prevent Brexit ..... but what it does do is redress the balance. The UK's relationship with the EU is going to be a live political issue for years to come.

This might be taken a bit more seriously. After all, we've already had one remainer MP murdered by a mad Brexiter.

Besides, these weren't keyboard warriors. They were people who'd worked out her address and phone number, and made the threats themselves over the phone.

So it's a bit more serious than some raging lunatics threatening people, via a football forum, with piano-wire garrottes or to leave remainers with 'rearranged' faces.

At this stage it's mostly just online threats and hate mail but some of the attempts to intimidate opponents are reminiscent of the 1934 German referendum and its aftermath. British politics seems to be heading in a very ugly direction. Perhaps we've grown too complacent after nearly 75 years of peace in Northwestern Europe.

42% of people still believe the myth that we give £350m a week to the EU :mcinnes:

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/vote-leave-brexit-lies-eu-pay-money-remain-poll-boris-johnson-a8603646.html?amp&__twitter_impression=true

Edit: The tweet was a little misleading. The article doesn't actually say these 42% of people think the NHS will get that much money.

Edited by Sheaf Saint

Says the mug whose fancy dress every day is 'January Sale at Top Man'.

Surprised to see you on here, didn’t you have to promise your wife you wouldn’t post on saints forums any more after she saw what goat boy said about here?

I’d rather buy clothes from top man (not true) than care more about posting on a football forum than my marriage

ps hope the therapy is going well xxx

I think you're slightly underselling a neo-Nazi, white supremacist, delinquent, who I doubt has the support of the leave campaign.

You're right, it will be taken more seriously and no doubt the OB will pay a few people a visit. Most of them will probably be 14 year olds who start blubbing when their mummy shouts at them. If anyone genuinely wanted to harm somebody on the opposite side of the argument, they've had more than enough chances already.

I think you're slightly underselling a neo-Nazi, white supremacist, delinquent, who I doubt has the support of the leave campaign.

You're right, it will be taken more seriously and no doubt the OB will pay a few people a visit. Most of them will probably be 14 year olds who start blubbing when their mummy shouts at them. If anyone genuinely wanted to harm somebody on the opposite side of the argument, they've had more than enough chances already.

It's stupid to pretend there is a "side" anyway. Hopefully however you voted you can agree that behaviour like this is abhorrent. I wouldn't expect the vast majority of leave voters to want to align themselves with violent racist thugs and murderers just because they happened to vote to leave the EU

It's stupid to pretend there is a "side" anyway. Hopefully however you voted you can agree that behaviour like this is abhorrent. I wouldn't expect the vast majority of leave voters to want to align themselves with violent racist thugs and murderers just because they happened to vote to leave the EU

Obviously not, which is why I get annoyed by people posting "look at what these stupid leave/remainers did/said," on social media.

The truth is that however you voted, you've aligned yourself with a few thousand pedophiles, murderers and who knows what else, so in that context the murder of Jo Cox doesn't particularly mean anything.

I know I've been making fun of the entitled marchers this weekend but I've just seen a sign that's convinced me they have some real and legitimate concerns. I'm slowly getting converted. 659d41509db576f2db3606506a3cf98e.jpg

Did you read the message at the bottom left?

Of course. United in diversity also amusing in the background considering soooo many white middle class attendees.

Given the EU flag, one would imagine that the diversity in question would be European diversity. I’m also led to believe that a significant proportion of Europeans are white, despite what you may read in the Telegraph.

Of course. United in diversity also amusing in the background considering soooo many white middle class attendees.

Glad you read it. No doubt there are plenty who didn’t and have consequently taken her message literally and are frothing all over Twitter about privileged white middle class attendees.

• Lighthouse changed the title to Brexit - Post Match Reaction