• Leave Before - Leave Now
    • Leave Before - Remain Now
    • Leave Before - Not Bothered Now
    • Remain Before - Remain Now
    • Remain Before - Leave Now
    • Remain Before - Not Bothered Now
    • Not Bothered Before - Leave Now
    • Not Bothered Before - Remain Now
    • I've never been bothered - Why am I on this Thread?
    • No second Ref - 2016 was Definitive and Binding

I'm just pleased that the middle class regressives have finally accepted that screaming nazi at people you disagree with politically is wrong. Odd how long it took them to get there but they did in the end.

Calling Nazi sympathisers Nazis isn't such a stretch though is it. Calling a remainer a Nazi is just gibberish.

What does Macron expect. With youth unemployment rates shown below, it is little wonder they are asking "What have the EU ever done for us".

france-youth-unemployment-rate.png?s=franceyouunerat&v=201812011024a1

Mark my words, many disaffected people in the EU are watching the UK lead the way.

"Today, Yellow shirt activists ‘Gilets Jaunes’, supported by up to 70% of the population are stepping up their efforts to de-throne President Macron and regain French sovereignty from the hands of the EU elites and globalists by organizing a protest at the Rothschilds Bank today. Calls are being made by prominent protesters to remove Euros from French banks to destabilize the regime."

That's right, withdrawing euros and converting them into bitcoins to try and start a run on the banks. Sweet...

Once again the forum simpleton shows he doesn’t understand the difference between the unemployment rate and ratio and the importance of looking at both in context.

Go on, provide your own demonstration graphs of both in context. You know you want to. I make my request not because I argue against your opinion, but merely on the basis that it is the easiest thing to denigrate another's opinion with just a few insulting words, without bothering to pull it apart with reasoned argument as to why it is faulty. That is just plain lazy.

Go on, provide your own demonstration graphs of both in context. You know you want to. I make my request not because I argue against your opinion, but merely on the basis that it is the easiest thing to denigrate another's opinion with just a few insulting words, without bothering to pull it apart with reasoned argument as to why it is faulty. That is just plain lazy.

I was well aware of the difference between unemployment ratio and rate in France, because I am highly intelligent. For that reason, I understand why the youth in France want out of the EU. Some arrogant people can't see it, because they're lost in the bullsh!t details and are out of touch. People like Anna Soubry, Theresa May and Macron are examples. Anyway, here's the lowdown on why the French yellow jackets will be burning cars and bringing down Macron soon. Hopefully it will spread.

Are the French youth fine then? Does this mean that painfully-high French youth unemployment is a non-story? Not entirely. The French youth unemployment ratio has increased from 7.7 per cent to 9.1 per cent since 2005. Things have got worse over the past decade. Moreover, there are other features of the French jobs market that create difficulties for French youth. Mr Meager cites “the ‘insider-outsider’ nature of French employment contracts and the proliferation of short-term contracts which makes it harder for youngsters to break into permanent jobs.” In other words, it’s not just the number of jobs for young people, but their quality that matters. One must also consider the quality of the education. If young people are lingering in higher education for longer, perhaps because of a lack of opportunity in the jobs market, or because the wider economy is in recession, rather than because the education is beneficial, that could artificially skew the ratio figure.

Crap jobs and pointless higher education. That's the answer the out of touch rich elite in France have come up with...:rolleyes:

I was well aware of the difference between unemployment ratio and rate in France, because I am highly intelligent. For that reason, I understand why the youth in France want out of the EU. Some arrogant people can't see it, because they're lost in the bullsh!t details and are out of touch. People like Anna Soubry, Theresa May and Macron are examples. Anyway, here's the lowdown on why the French yellow jackets will be burning cars and bringing down Macron soon. Hopefully it will spread.

Crap jobs and pointless higher education. That's the answer the out of touch rich elite in France have come up with...:rolleyes:

Sorry, so what is the reason in your opinion for the increase in youth unemployment in France then?

What does Macron expect. With youth unemployment rates shown below, it is little wonder they are asking "What have the EU ever done for us".

The French never wanted the EU, they rejected the EU Constitution 55%/45%. But the powers that be knew better, changed the name to the Lisbon Treaty and steam rollered it through against the will of the people. A disgusting and blatant move against democracy. In a recent survey by the CSA Institute, 67% of the French don't support the EU, so it's not just the youth.

And with the Italian deputy prime minister now providing vocal support for the yellow vests, the cracks are beginning to show.

All is not well in Europe...... there won't be an EU left to leave at this rate LOL

Constitutional crisis...?

https://order-order.com/2019/01/09/bercow-overrules-parliamentary-experts-desperate-bid-stop-brexit/

In an unprecedented move, John Bercow has chosen to overrule the advice of his clerks, selecting a Dominic Grieve amendment that forces the Government to hold rolling votes every three days following a defeat of the meaningful vote
Edited by trousers

It just shows how a lot of MP's have never negotiated in their lives. To ask for a vote to say that there could not be a 'no deal' is madness. That just takes the major negotiating point away from us in the discussion. The EU are as worried about us leaving without a deal as we are. It is a major negotiating point for us, to not have that is a nonsense. Barnier and co will love this

This was predicted By Guido before Christmas

https://order-order.com/2018/12/27/bercow-thwart-brexit-meaningful-vote-defeated/

Bercow's anti-Brexit position is well know. If he allows Brexit to be thwarted by some underhand chicanery, then he will have severely undermined the electorate's trust in our system of Parliamentary democracy and the position of Speaker.

This was predicted By Guido before Christmas

https://order-order.com/2018/12/27/bercow-thwart-brexit-meaningful-vote-defeated/

Bercow's anti-Brexit position is well know. If he allows Brexit to be thwarted by some underhand chicanery, then he will have severely undermined the electorate's trust in our system of Parliamentary democracy and the position of Speaker.

# Devil's advocate klaxon #

Isn't he simply giving Parliamant more power/control, which is what Brexiteers were clamouring for (amongst other things)?

And yet here you are doing exactly the same thing - assuming that anybody to the left of Tony Blair is a 'far leftist'.

No I'm not at all that is a blatant lie. Anyone who is as vociferous a supporter of the terrorist organisation antifa as jonnyboy is is absolutely from the extreme left. That doesn't mean that every Labour supporter is- though Labour has been infiltrated by a large amount over the last few years.

It just shows how a lot of MP's have never negotiated in their lives. To ask for a vote to say that there could not be a 'no deal' is madness. That just takes the major negotiating point away from us in the discussion. The EU are as worried about us leaving without a deal as we are. It is a major negotiating point for us, to not have that is a nonsense. Barnier and co will love this

It has been clear from the start that either through ignorance of how negotiations are properly handled, or by a deliberate ploy to make our leaving as unattractive as possible, May and her remoaner dominated cabinet don't want us to leave the EU.

As well as throwing away any negotiating strength by telling the other side that we will not walk away from any deal no matter how bad, we are also proposing to pay £39 billion for the privilege, without conditions applied to it that an acceptable free trade deal will be the price for it. Tell the EU that the full £39 billion will only be paid when the deal is signed, and that will concentrate their minds wonderfully.

Furthermore, we have a substantial majority of remoaner MPs who voted to enact the referendum, to trigger Article 50, stood on manifestos promising to deliver on the decision of the referendum to leave the EU, and yet they are doing everything they can to renege on that promise. This truly is the most incompetent bunch of Parliamentarians that I have ever seen in my life, and they deserve everything they get come the next election. In the meantime, if there is the rise of more populist political parties and civil disorder in the streets, then it will be their fault.

# Devil's advocate klaxon #

Isn't he simply giving Parliamant more power/control, which is what Brexiteers were clamouring for (amongst other things)?

No true democrat is clamouring for giving Parliamant (sic) more power/control. Parliament voted for the triggering of Article 50 by a majority of 384 votes, thus taking us out of the EU. The Governments job is to enforce that law. That's why the party that gains the most MP's gets to from a government.

Not a hard concept and our constitution is nothing like a committee where nothing gets done, although it needs strong leadership or a government of national unity.

It is nuts. Looks to me like the are just trying to manufacture a situation where a second referendum is unavoidable. Take 'no deal' off the table then vote down the only deal on offer - not sure there is any other way out.

The vast majority of MPs want to remain but they just don't want to be seen to be undemocratic so they will just send May back to Brussels where she will be told the only way to extend the deadline is a second vote. That way they get their second referendum and no one gets labelled a traitor.

No I'm not at all that is a blatant lie. Anyone who is as vociferous a supporter of the terrorist organisation antifa as jonnyboy is is absolutely from the extreme left. That doesn't mean that every Labour supporter is- though Labour has been infiltrated by a large amount over the last few years.

That's still a big assumption though isn't it.

Saying anybody who supports Antifa is absolutely a far leftist is no different to saying that anybody who supports Tommy Robinson is absolutely a far right fascist.

And I already know you do not agree with the latter.

That's still a big assumption though isn't it.

Saying anybody who supports Antifa is absolutely a far leftist is no different to saying that anybody who supports Tommy Robinson is absolutely a far right fascist.

And I already know you do not agree with the latter.

I didn't say anyone who supports antifa though in fairness anyone who supports a terrorist organisation and isn't a radical probably doesn't know an awful lot about the organisation and a lot of what it has done. If you aren'twl willing to condemn unprovoked antifa violence then I absolutely consider you a radical in the same way that you should be considered one if you can't condemn right wing violence.

I didn't say anyone who supports antifa though in fairness anyone who supports a terrorist organisation and isn't a radical probably doesn't know an awful lot about the organisation and a lot of what it has done. If you aren'twl willing to condemn unprovoked antifa violence then I absolutely consider you a radical in the same way that you should be considered one if you can't condemn right wing violence.

And you clearly don't know a lot about it either, because you seem to be under the impression it is a single homogenous entity, which it isn't, and neither has it ever been formally designated a terrorist organisation.

So going back to your original response to Jonnyboy, it kind of renders your opinion irrelevant as well.

And you clearly don't know a lot about it either, because you seem to be under the impression it is a single homogenous entity, which it isn't, and neither has it ever been formally designated a terrorist organisation.

So going back to your original response to Jonnyboy, it kind of renders your opinion irrelevant as well.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/antifa-domestic-terrorists-us-security-agencies-homeland-security-fbi-a7927881.html

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/feb/26/white-house-ducks-petition-calling-on-trump-to-release-tax-returns

The White House addressed an August 2017 petition seeking to declare as a terrorist organization “AntiFa”, a loose collection of self-proclaimed whose occasionally violent protests attract national headlines. The White House said Trump opposes violence but that federal law provides no “mechanism for formally designating domestic terrorist organizations”.

Trust a simpleton to simplify a problem: Southampton largely handles liquid bulk (crude oil, liquified gas, oil products etc) which, as an undifferentiated commodity, is far easier to check from a customs perspective. Dover is the UK’s busiest port for roll-on roll off freight -roads good vehicles and import/exports of motor vehicles and UK ports still handle much more roll-on roll-off cargo than lift-on lift-off i.e. containerised cargo.

Trust a w@nkstain to totally exaggerate a problem.

It’s really not complicated. The time sensitive goods come through Dover.

It doesn’t matter if cars or wheat are held up and have to spend 24 hours waiting dockside at Southampton. It really really matters if roll on roll off trucks spend 24 hours on the M20 in Kent whilst their fresh lettuce or strawberries rot and the car factories stop because their just in time parts are still waiting customs clearance.

24 hours on the M20...:lol:

These parliamentary parlour games are sickening.

MPs have had at least 4 chances to rule out no-deal: the 2015 Referendum Act, the Article 50 vote, the 2017 election manifestos & the 2018 Withdrawl Act.

If they'd wanted to rule it out why didn't they LEGISLATE against it?

Whether you voted Leave or Remain Brexit has shown that MPs & our entire parliamentary system are unfit for purpose.

If true, that's excellent news, no doubt.

Remember this is the same Calais port boss who was being denigrated only last year by the swivels for claiming that a No Deal could result in tailbacks up to 30 miles in all directions and potential food shortages in the UK. Now the smelly little Frenchman is the hero of the hour. Which is it lads?

Needless to say, if I was Calais boss, I would feel a tad aggrieved if the UK government was seeking to divert business away from my port, awarding millions to cowboys who don’t have any ships and are all geared up to deliver pizzas and chicken strips.

And ultimately none of this changes EU law with respect to third countries - a Calais port official has no authority to alter EU law or unilaterally relax custom or sanitary and phytosanitary controls.

Anyway we'll see. About time that German car manufacturers and Italian prosecco producers made a cameo performance :lol:

Edited by shurlock

No Coleslaw politicians don’t hire me for my predictions; but they have hired me for my Brexit analysis. A nice little earner too.

HTH :smug:

Jesus, I just realised why Herbert has been in such a bad mood today. He recommended that the government spend £100M on avoiding problems at Dover and they want their £500 back.

Needless to say, if I was Calais boss, I would feel a tad aggrieved if the UK government was seeking to divert business away from my port, awarding millions to cowboys who don’t have any ships and are all geared up to deliver pizzas and chicken strips

:lol:

Seaborne Freight already conducting trials:

https://www.suffolkgazette.com/business/seaborne-freight/?fbclid=IwAR3QM-2cJjXEK_nKtMGOa6kaxeUPIJsjZsDn_K72j4g9lqfaCIiYe4eLQFo

Dwd6c7wXcAA6Qpj.jpg:large

"The Rothschilds financed Hitler, today it's Macron."

A jihadist reposts a yellow-vest unfurling an anti-Semitic banner. What a surprise.

Wes Tender must be delighted to have a buddy ready to highlight 'THE Jew' who has brought the New World Order down on his head.

A jihadist reposts a yellow-vest unfurling an anti-Semitic banner. What a surprise.

Wes Tender must be delighted to have a buddy ready to highlight 'THE Jew' who has brought the New World Order down on his head.

You're like a stuck record. Nearly your bedtime, sonny. You won't want to be too tired for school tomorrow

• Lighthouse changed the title to Brexit - Post Match Reaction