• Leave Before - Leave Now
    • Leave Before - Remain Now
    • Leave Before - Not Bothered Now
    • Remain Before - Remain Now
    • Remain Before - Leave Now
    • Remain Before - Not Bothered Now
    • Not Bothered Before - Leave Now
    • Not Bothered Before - Remain Now
    • I've never been bothered - Why am I on this Thread?
    • No second Ref - 2016 was Definitive and Binding

The Brexit Party hasn't got a monopoly on pointless gestures:

Twitter_trans_NvBQzQNjv4Bq7t4Eljyiy6iRMFuEKY2dXP3m5INtNp4CB3z9VIhIlqw.jpg?imwidth=1400

I'm sure the two main party's would have made a similar effort, but they didn't have the numbers...:lol:

Rupert will sort him out in the car park...

..or perhaps pistols at dawn are more Rupert's style.

Childish, very childish. Not the best way to start a career in international politics and diplomacy. Get back to the playground where you belong.

If you really hate the EU then why did you stand as an MEP?

Well it's easy money isn't it, plus they'll be getting sacked soon so might as well go and extract the urite for a few weeks and claim pay and expenses for doing it.

I mean let's face if we could all go and take the pyss down at Fratton for a while and get paid for it, we'd all do it right ?

Childish, very childish. Not the best way to start a career in international politics and diplomacy. Get back to the playground where you belong.

If you really hate the EU then why did you stand as an MEP?

well this might be one reason...

Farage is the sole director of Thorn in the Side, a company he founded in 2011 to handle earnings from media appearances and lectures. The latest accounts revealed a big jump in the company’s assets, reaching £548,573 for the year to May 2018, compared with just over £157,000 for the previous year.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/nigel-farage-earns-at-least-€30000-a-month-from-media-company/ar-AADMCct?ocid=spartandhp

I think Nigel will secretly be very upset if Brexit ever happens he has made an absolute mint out of the EU over the years..

Well it's easy money isn't it, plus they'll be getting sacked soon so might as well go and extract the urite for a few weeks and claim pay and expenses for doing it.

I mean let's face if we could all go and take the pyss down at Fratton for a while and get paid for it, we'd all do it right ?

The should take the money, then come back Nov 1st and spend that money in the UK

well this might be one reason...

Farage is the sole director of Thorn in the Side, a company he founded in 2011 to handle earnings from media appearances and lectures. The latest accounts revealed a big jump in the company’s assets, reaching £548,573 for the year to May 2018, compared with just over £157,000 for the previous year.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/nigel-farage-earns-at-least-€30000-a-month-from-media-company/ar-AADMCct?ocid=spartandhp

I think Nigel will secretly be very upset if Brexit ever happens he has made an absolute mint out of the EU over the years..

And is also major shareholder in ‘The Brexit Party Ltd’ And as such will receive the majority of the dividends. Not for nothing does he bank at Coutts. For him Brexit is a nice little earner. Actually not so little.

And is also major shareholder in ‘The Brexit Party Ltd’ And as such will receive the majority of the dividends. Not for nothing does he bank at Coutts. For him Brexit is a nice little earner. Actually not so little.

Apparently, the reason why he turned his back yesterday was so that the orifice he usually speaks out of was facing the right way.

what are your thoughts on those wear '****** to brexit' t-shirts in the chamber?

Although I agree with their sentiment it is not the place to wear them. They too are disrespectful but not quite to the same degree, in my view.

Agree, swear word a bit much but turning your back on the EU anthem is like members of England’s hooligan brigade booing other nations anthems. Commentators always condemn that as yobbish behaviour and they are correct. Farage et al (Rupert is a hypocrite to be associated with them after his yobs comment about Spurs) might as well have gone full England Travel Club and followed up with a few verses of no surrender and necked a crate of lager.

What I suppose the t shirt was saying - in an inappropriate way - is that the far right do not speak for British values and behaviour.

No I certainly don’t.

It makes light of a very serious problem. This is no laughing matter.

Brexit: We’re f***cked is more appropriate.

And Dad’s army is so last century.

Flashback

Thank you for that, Private Frazer. I think you have no idea how a weak pound will enhance the value of UK stocks when the gamblers quit the scene and the long term value of UK plc is recognised. In the coming years the UK will be also recognised as the country that jumped into a lifeboat, not went down with the ship. I give Deutsche Bank about another 6 months before it all goes t!ts up and wipes the smirk off Frau Merkels face and bankrupts the banks in Spain, Italy, Portugal and Greece, while our banks watch in amusement. The fear lot really got to you, didn't they? The only thing to fear is fear itself....

It's not fear of the unknown, it's fear of a certainty.

The pound has plummeted against the dollar and so has the Euro, to some extent, so imports are much more expensive but selling prices have not gone down. In any case, the 20% drop in 2008 (from $1.86!) did nothing to improve exports so there's no guarantee that this fall will be of any help.

Please explain to me how a weak £ enhances the value of UK stocks?

This is how f***ed we are since your original clueless post:

FTSE Index

chart.jsproto_large.chart?INDEX=UKX&XAXISCLOSECOL=0&LINE_WIDTH=1&MOUNTAIN_COLOR1=a5b9d8&MOUNTAIN_COLOR2=c1cfe5&MOUNTAIN_COLOR3=c1cfe5&MOUNTAIN_COLOR4=ffffff&ID_NOTATION_COLOR1=25456b&TIME_SPAN=5Y&SUBSAMPLINGGRANULARITY=DAY&WIDTH=739&HEIGHT=369

620x-1.png

_104728334_awevscpi-nc.png

So, get back in your box, pops...

Oh... my... f*cking....

https://twitter.com/Channel4News/status/1146728745425920000

Utterly batsh*t mental.

The proverbial #mess

She is ferociously dim to boot. It doesn’t need repeating but you can’t bemoan the EU’s ‘democratic deficit’ and simultaneously bang on about national sovereignty.

If you want directly elected EU leaders, then, by definition, more power needs to go the EU and institutions like the European Parliament. On the other hand, if you believe in national sovereignty, don’t expect leaders to be directly elected because you want member states to remain in control which is precisely what happens when they make these appointments.

It’s a blindingly simple choice and trade-off - except it seems to the swivels and coffin-dodgers.

Edited by shurlock

Yeah, yeah, yeah...

UK GDP per capita growth 2016-2018 is third lowest out of 40 of our closest neighbours. But we beat Azerbaijan. Woot.

Oh and whilst the FTSE 100 is up 15.7% since the referendum in the same period Germany's DAX is up 29.2% and the US DJ 50.2%.

https://data.worldbank.org/indicator/NY.GDP.PCAP.KD.ZG?contextual=region&end=2018&locations=GB&start=2016

Edited by buctootim

Flashback

This is how f***ed we are since your original clueless post:

FTSE Index

chart.jsproto_large.chart?INDEX=UKX&XAXISCLOSECOL=0&LINE_WIDTH=1&MOUNTAIN_COLOR1=a5b9d8&MOUNTAIN_COLOR2=c1cfe5&MOUNTAIN_COLOR3=c1cfe5&MOUNTAIN_COLOR4=ffffff&ID_NOTATION_COLOR1=25456b&TIME_SPAN=5Y&SUBSAMPLINGGRANULARITY=DAY&WIDTH=739&HEIGHT=369

620x-1.png

_104728334_awevscpi-nc.png

So, get back in your box, pops...

I don’t know what you think these graphs mean but they demonstrate that you only think in UK terms and not globally. That all looks pretty f***ked to me.

If you think that the UK economy is doing well then you don’t know what good times are.

I don’t know what you think these graphs mean but they demonstrate that you only think in UK terms and not globally. That all looks pretty f***ked to me.

If you think that the UK economy is doing well then you don’t know what good times are.

Averages are not much use without the standard deviation as it gives no indication of where the wage growth occurred. Not everyones wages grew by 3.5%. A relatively few people could have gotten large rises or loads of people could have gotten small ones.

Some people may even have had reductions.

Averages are not much use without the standard deviation as it gives no indication of where the wage growth occurred. Not everyones wages grew by 3.5%. A relatively few people could have gotten large rises or loads of people could have gotten small ones.

Some people may even have had reductions.

The top are doing better. No surprise there.

54721f98

https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulationandcommunity/personalandhouseholdfinances/incomeandwealth/bulletins/householddisposableincomeandinequality/yearending2018

Edited by buctootim

So in other words, wage growth is now barely above inflation - despite lagging inflation for a large part of the postreferendum period and real wage growth being significantly lower today than in the run up to the referendum.

Remind me what point is dopey John trying to make again?

Edited by shurlock

Do you think its good for the economy or for society that the top earners get an increasing share of national wealth?

Yes, apparently it is good, particularly for the over 5 million public sector workers....

Of course, we could model our economy on Venezuela, when Corbyn gets in and we all dance around his money tree...

Half of all income tax paid by top five per cent

Yeah. I know, everybody knows, apart from you apparently to whom the bleeding obvious is a startling revelation.

If you were a little brighter you realise that stat actually confirms my point - 5% earn so much that they pay more tax than the other 95% of the population combined, despite the top rate of 45% not being very progressive.

Edited by buctootim

“There is a pattern consistent throughout history of oppressed people turning on the oppressors. Slaves against their owners. The peasantry against the feudal barons, and colonies against their empires” Anne Widdicombe MEP

Does she not realise that WE were the slave owners and traders, WE were the empire, and the descendants of the feudal barons still own the country ?

“There is a pattern consistent throughout history of oppressed people turning on the oppressors. Slaves against their owners. The peasantry against the feudal barons, and colonies against their empires” Anne Widdicombe MEP

Does she not realise that WE were the slave owners and traders, WE were the empire, and the descendants of the feudal barons still own the country ?

its like calling those who voted for Brexit a nazi. Over and over and over

Do you believe that the UK is "oppressed" by the EU ?
Nope it's a pretty silly thing to say but the fact that so many are fuming about it all on social media and all the usual people are up in arms about how racist it is means she's already won and the speech has entirely served its purpose.

• Lighthouse changed the title to Brexit - Post Match Reaction